Planets on a House Cusp

IfIKnewBetter

What are your experiences with a planet you have on a house cusp? Do you find it more accurate in it's original placement or "bumped" to the neighboring house? Have you seen the planet act more in one house than the other or in "both"?

Rawiri

I consider the cusps as "points" so a planet close to a cusp exerts a large influence on that cusp and whatever it represents, regardless of whether it has less degrees than it. So as a rule, I've found the closer a planet is to the cusp the more it will "colour" the cusp, regardless of whether it is "in the house" or not. It is still something I consider an important consideration even though I use whole sign houses for the most part.

IfIKnewBetter

I consider the cusps as "points" so a planet close to a cusp exerts a large influence on that cusp and whatever it represents, regardless of whether it has less degrees than it. So as a rule, I've found the closer a planet is to the cusp the more it will "colour" the cusp, regardless of whether it is "in the house" or not. It is still something I consider an important consideration even though I use whole sign houses for the most part.

Do you bump it to the next house or do you keep it were it is on the chart?

IfIKnewBetter

I keep it where it is, reading whole signs from the ascendant.

I'm trying to figure out how to interpret my Sun once and for all. It's on the 8th/9th House cusp, positioned at the 8th House in both Whole Sign and Placidus. A lot of astrologers bump it up to the 9th which isn't really a problem but the interpretations they give me for it don't really resonate with my life. Unfortunately my Mercury is in the 9th so it makes it difficult for me to tell if that's what's giving me those 9th House experiences. There are a lot of things "typical" for a Sun in 8th in my life but people have been telling me it's probably my Scorpio placements. I should just follow my intuition.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_me_hw.4146.65493.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_me_hw.4146.65493.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Placidus.jpg
    Placidus.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 23

Karmic Kid

Heya there. I have this complication too and it's affecting both my luminaries >_< . So I went to reading about it online but they kinda had ambiguous answers - mostly regarding the house systems. But I found this one piece of an article might be helpful - though I'm sure you might've already read something along it's lines.

"Next, we have to consider the differences between the Sign Cusps and the House Cusps. House Cusps are relative and extremely flexible, particularly the intermediate house cusps. Depending on which house system you use, a planet may fall in different houses. For natal interpretations, a planet close to a house cusp, particularly when it is about to enter the next house, can often be interpreted in terms of both houses; blending the interpretations of the houses is often both useful and appropriate in these cases. In horary and predictive astrology, a planet within 3–4 degrees of a house cusp is usually interpreted as being in the next house."

I'm inclined to believe what it's saying cause, coming from personal experience, it explains why I have a tonne Virgo energy even though I BARELY have any aspects relating to it. Also I was pretty much born on the equator, so my Houses are practically equal and stay the same, regardless of House system, so the cusp might apply even more when the house changes when using a different system.

EDIT: Just realised your sun is also on an anaretic degree so maybe you'd like the full article on it :

http://therealastrology.com/ask-kev...-daily-horoscopes/110-born-on-the-qcuspq.html

Hope this helps :)))

Last edited: