random thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddity

Well JupiterASC posted it, so I'm assuming that I'm supposed to see that guys world view, and if I can't share his world view then I must have a problem.

Do what different?? :unsure:

It was a little propaganda film. The idea of those is to get you to go along with the view presented, and then act in a way that the presenter wishes.

So...that's how that guy sees the world. It's not how I see the world, and it's probably not how you see the world. Let alone what the world is really like (nobody's ever gonna get their head around that one completely, it's just too much).

Learn to spot propaganda. It will make your life a lot more satisfying.

And when it gets to the very personal, it's going to be down to you how you ultimately see things, and the actions you take.

I suppose you could go with the 'we're greedy selfish idiots who want to watch the world burn so we must change into what I think is good' view that the presenter espouses, but....eesh. I wouldn't have done anything good if I believed that. I'd have given up.

So...think. Look at more than one view, and if it's propaganda - you can safely give it a miss once you recognise the signs.

Then....live your life.

JUPITERASC

It was a little propaganda film. The idea of those is to get you to go along with the view presented, and then act in a way that the presenter wishes.

So...that's how that guy sees the world. It's not how I see the world, and it's probably not how you see the world. Let alone what the world is really like (nobody's ever gonna get their head around that one completely, it's just too much).

And when it gets to the very personal, it's going to be down to you how you ultimately see things, and the actions you take.

I suppose you could go with the 'we're greedy selfish idiots who want to watch the world burn so we must change into what I think is good' view that the presenter espouses, but....eesh. I wouldn't have done anything good if I believed that. I'd have given up.

So...think.

Look at more than one view,

and if it's propaganda -
you can safely give it a miss

once you recognise the signs.

Then....live your life.

CENTURY OF THE SELF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s :smile:

AppLeo

So...think. Look at more than one view, and if it's propaganda - you can safely give it a miss once you recognise the signs.

Then....live your life.

I don't know how to respond. I like your words; I'm just confused I guess.

That video was just lame. Glad I don't have to watch it again.

JUPITERASC

dcoters-also-smoke-camal.jpg

david starling

Death and taxes, the only two certainties in life...haha....

Try to imagine an immortal, tax-free existence. If you're unable to do so, contact the Realistics Anonymous chapter in your area. Because, reality-addiction is extremely taxing, and often fatal!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.