Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Zoro89

I am a Scorpio ascendant, and my facial features does match with the description of Scorpio ascendant people.

However, I am not blocky in build but rather slender

tenacapcious

I am a Scorpio ascendant, and my facial features does match with the description of Scorpio ascendant people.

However, I am not blocky in build but rather slender

I think Elbert Wade described one of the Scorpio rising decans as slender but I suppose there can be other modifying factors.

I'm a 3rd decan Libra rising and I sorta fit the description, especially my face and I have the weight/fat gain "issues" (if you want to consider it an issue) typically associated with this rising sign but I've been wondering if my Jupiter in Taurus might have more to do with this. Even when I'm slim, I have a full/rounded look. Hard to describe. I've certainly never been elfin in any way. I'm short and stocky like the 1st decan of Scorpio rising description I've read.

tenacapcious

There are no 'worst' signs. There are just signs. If you don't fit the description of Pisces rising, then read Aquarius. Many people actually have the rising sign previous to the one they think.
http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rising-signs-2/#aquarius

I agree but I've read that Libra is weak when it's the rising sign. I've read it more than once though it's a few years ago and I didn't save the links so I can't list my sources. I just wonder what some astrologers mean by a sign being "weak" in certain placements?

Kannon

I don't really know what astrologers you are talking about or what they say. This is a matter of basic principle, not astrologer's opinions.

What you are describing with Libra comes under the categories of 'dignity' and 'detriment'. Libra rising is a mode of expression, but affirms the self less strongly than Aries, Leo, or most signs when over the Asc. It tends to substitute affirmation of the self with vanity. In other words Asc is in its least natural sign when in Libra, like Mars in Libra.

This Venus-ruled air sign over the self/Aries point in the chart puts the mode of operation more in the place of interface with others (social) rather than in the fire mode of one's own enthusiastic self-expression.

I would not call it 'weak', but less direct, needing balancing, too often superficial or dependent upon general affirmation of the self from others. That may be something that has to be compensated for in development of the personality, but it can be used as a strength. The strength in Libra rising are grace, reciprocity and awareness of the positions of others.

The closest thing to 'weak' is the sense of vulnerability that can come from having yourself a bit too much out on a limb in relationship.

jsmi

This is very interesting. I don't fit most of the scorpio rising physical descriptions (besides short), but the personality are pretty spot on. Although, I'm not imposing at all :)

smiles4miles333

I am an Aquarius Rising, and your description was very accurate.
The only false detail was that I am not Medium-Tall height, I am extremely short, like I am just under 4foot 10inches.. but hey maybe that is part of Saturn being in my 1st house! :D

I have a rectangular face shape.
I definitely am 'different' but also comfortable in my 'different' skin. Being weird is what makes me a part of who I am. I think because I am social and draw a lot of people in, that having that aspect is a part of why people can feel like they can tell me anything. I am non-judgemental and am open to talking about whatever subject is brought up.
I also have a strong lowerbody, i like having muscle.

Even as a child, I was often called weird, especially at first. Then funny and a class clown/adventurer (SAG SUN/Mars). But then when they actually got to know me on a personal level, peeling back all those layers, they think i am a very strong person with a lot of depth and a huge heart but turmoil in my life. They see that even the weird, goofy, loving person has a dark side..Must be my SCORPIO stellium (Venus, Pluto, Mercury, Jupiter, and more..).

Anyway, I loved this thread.

Kannon

:smile: Thanks so much for the feedback, smiles4miles333.

I have a client who is Aqua rising who is also quite short, about your height. Also, if you look in the declinations there may be some parallel(s) by a planet(s) in Scorpio since both Aquarius and Scorpio are in southern declination. More on planets in aspect to Asc here: http://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/planets-2/

tenacapcious

This is very interesting. I don't fit most of the scorpio rising physical descriptions (besides short), but the personality are pretty spot on. Although, I'm not imposing at all :)

Have you looked at the different decan rising sign descriptions on a site like elbertwade?

Kannon

Physical proportions are primarily biological genetics. Astrological factors vary it a bit from that starting place.

Also, planets in strong aspect to the Asc (conjunction, parallel, opposition, contra-parallel, and square) can modify its expression. In the declinations planets in the range of 11-21° north or south could be parallel or contra-parallel your Asc in Scorpio. These have more influence than sign decans.

Blaze

Account Closed
So, uh, what about people with a lot of aspects to the ascendant?

Depends on the planets, I guess?

I've only got like, uh, 5 aspects. Opposite Pluto, square both the nodes, sextile Sun and trine Uranus.

Thank Zod Saturn doesn't trine my asc. Got lucky on that one.

graay ghost

Depends on the planets, I guess?

I've only got like, uh, 5 aspects. Opposite Pluto, square both the nodes, sextile Sun and trine Uranus.

Thank Zod Saturn doesn't trine my asc. Got lucky on that one.

Do the nodes do anything, though?

I have 8 planets aspecting my ASC, 7 within 5 degree orb. I guess I was wondering if that was meaningful with this stuff.

Blaze

Account Closed

I have 8 planets aspecting my ASC, 7 within 5 degree orb. I guess I was wondering if that was meaningful with this stuff.

No idea. Rahu has a lengthy thread on the nodes and reality, but I've yet to read it. When the nodes aspect the asc, with a square, it supposedly makes one rather unpopular. Anti-social behavior is the way it "plays" out, and I admit that I can be rather anti-social, though, Idk anyone who likes to be around people 24/7.

Your asc is very heavy. With that grand cross hitting it an all....makes me wonder if that somehow effects your appearance.

graay ghost

No idea. Rahu has a lengthy thread on the nodes and reality, but I've yet to read it. When the nodes aspect the asc, with a square, it supposedly makes one rather unpopular. Anti-social behavior is the way it "plays" out, and I admit that I can be rather anti-social, though, Idk anyone who likes to be around people 24/7.

Your asc is very heavy. With that grand cross hitting it an all....makes me wonder if that somehow effects your appearance.

Being "anti-social" doesn't really mean being a loner, though.

Me? I'm short, fat, tiny hands and feet... I was accused of being 18 or under a couple times recently which is horrifying.

Blaze

Account Closed
Being "anti-social" doesn't really mean being a loner, though.

Me? I'm short, fat, tiny hands and feet... I was accused of being 18 or under a couple times recently which is horrifying.

That's true. The word Asocial might've been better. Really should find that site that discussed the topic....eh.

So you look younger than you actually are? How is that horrifying, GG? Aside from getting carded every now an again, it can't be that bad.

graay ghost

That's true. The word Asocial might've been better. Really should find that site that discussed the topic....eh.

So you look younger than you actually are? How is that horrifying, GG? Aside from getting carded every now an again, it can't be that bad.

I didn't like being a teenager so I'd rather people not think I am one. And I don't look younger than I am, I don't think. I even have gray hairs! And then there are those people who remain young-looking until they start looking old, and at that point they become these weird hybrid young-old people, like Gary Burghoff.

Last edited:

Kannon

So, uh, what about people with a lot of aspects to the ascendant?

That is where things get complicated. First, you have to know that your Asc degree is actually correct. Most of the time it is not. Just having a specific time on your birth certificate doesn't clinch this. And of course, it depends on what planets are actually in aspect to the valid Asc.

The nodes are phantoms, not planets, and are not core energies that act upon an Asc in the way planets do.

graay ghost

I guess it will remain a mystery, then. All I have is the time on my birth certificate and getting it rectified for some minutes this way or that seems pretty silly.