Nodes and your past lives

craft94

My North Node is in Scorpio, 6th house and I interpret it mainly as a return to society and a need for intimacy. My past lives were most likely spent in isolation. Maybe I was institutionalized or maybe I was in a convent. Who knows?

What's yours? Do you need help interpreting it? What are the aspects?

Last edited:

ukdesifem

tn for me in Virgo. I find it means hard work and making plans, and i do feel more useful when i'm engaged in good work.

Izzy542

I am not sure how much I can assume for my past lifes but I have many times thought about north point and south in this lifetime-which I have to admit that I mainly interested in. So I suffer probably from a bad use of them. as I had said before I have a south node in 4house in libra and north point in Aries in 10house, I believe that I am doing wrong because as I am getting older (28year old) I m going more to my south point and it feels easy for me and so wrong like going against my nature. Time for examples
As a kid I was very dominant person in my class and always the leader speaking always the truth by all means everyone was assuming that I will not want to marry ever or having kids only interested in having power, carrier and money. Yet i was probably the first one getting married and having kids and I am very good at it.
Became extremelly diplomatic in all my relationships and never will tell anything that doesnt benefit me. With time I developed all the libra traits and letting my aries traits which i feel was born with.I learned how to manipulate people with sweet copliments instead to forse my will like I used to.
Now I m very good in creating harmony in places and company there is no way that I will argue with anyone something that I used to enjoy a lot. i am very interested in my house which is very nice although as a child I did not had one.also I can say that in my case the 4house 10 house is good indicator of father and mother, my view is always like the father is not needed in the picture almost annoying when the man had opinion in the domestic matters or kids.This is probably very weird thing to say, but as a kid I did not understand what is the use of a father figure I feel it like a burden or a restriction to my freedom.

CapAquaPis

My north node is 3' Libra...Pluto is in 21' Libra and in Virgo is a Jupiter (6'), Mars (9') and Saturn (25') conjunction. Does anyone know the significance of them near my north node? My south node in Aries is a major influence with Venus (7'), Eris (14') and Ceres (21') in that sign.

lazarusx

North Node: Aquarius 9th House
South Node: Leo 3rd House.

There's a strong need to travel and associate with well-educated people, deep interest in world, political and social issues. I've spent quite a bit of time travelling and living among other cultures.. philosophy has strongly influenced my views in life. When I work with others for the purpose of others I feel immense satisfaction.

I believe I understand what I need and what I have to work towards.. but I still find myself stuck in south node patterns; I often become caught up in the drama of personal relationships, attention seeking and a reluctance to give up my individualism.

By now at 26 I have come to understand that I will NEVER be satisfied with pursuing my own interests.. it always leaves me feeling empty.

craft94

Became extremelly diplomatic in all my relationships and never will tell anything that doesnt benefit me.

Libra is about getting along with others but that attitude actually sounds very selfish. Is it a 10th house thing? 10th house is more concerned with reputation than Libra is. I guess it depends on whether you're concealing things to spare peoples' feelings or concealing things to protect yourself. You need to be tactful if you want a career, etc. Either way, it's not ideal, but honestly, I think this applies to everyone, at least to some extent. I think everyone is socialized to be less honest as they grow older, and it's unfortunate. I feel it happening with me too and I feel it even stronger during Saturn transits... I don't like it.

Do you live in America? I don't know about other countries but our culture seems to reward sociopaths, people who lie cheat and steal to get ahead.

I could be wrong, of course. You know more about your own life than I do but I would interpret Aries in the 10th house as someone who needs to learn how to take charge and go after what they want, career-wise or whatever. I see Libra in the 4th house as being more lazy and passive, too indecisive to ever really leave the house and get out there.

Last edited:

ashriia

Looking to see where Mars is in your chart would explain more with your South Node, and behaviors you mentioned in your post.

I also have SN in Aries 10th, NN in Libra 4th.. however born in '78.
I am pretty much the exact opposite of you and feel much closer to my Libra NN.. but that is probably because I'm of the Pluto in Libra generation and venus is in 12th house. What resonates alot though, interestingly,
is being very interested in "Home". It's very important to me, to create a home for myself, I use that word so often in metaphors as well.
Cut of as well from Father figures. I feel disconnected with my own father, always having been close to my mother. Never considered that it would have anything to do with SN. As I have other placements in my chart that indicate the same.

Thank you for posting.:smile:

As a kid I was very dominant person in my class and always the leader speaking always the truth by all means everyone was assuming that I will not want to marry ever or having kids only interested in having power, carrier and money. Yet i was probably the first one getting married and having kids and I am very good at it.
Became extremelly diplomatic in all my relationships and never will tell anything that doesnt benefit me. With time I developed all the libra traits and letting my aries traits which i feel was born with.I learned how to manipulate people with sweet copliments instead to forse my will like I used to.
Now I m very good in creating harmony in places and company there is no way that I will argue with anyone something that I used to enjoy a lot. i am very interested in my house which is very nice although as a child I did not had one.also I can say that in my case the 4house 10 house is good indicator of father and mother, my view is always like the father is not needed in the picture almost annoying when the man had opinion in the domestic matters or kids.This is probably very weird thing to say, but as a kid I did not understand what is the use of a father figure I feel it like a burden or a restriction to my freedom.

CapAquaPis

I realized the south node can be also interpreted to indicate what our past lives were like. I am a male in this life, but I knew to been female occasionally in the number of past lives I believed to have. My south node/10th house has a great deal of feminine energies (Venus-my birthdate ruler: 15 and the number 6 in numerology), in addition to my Moon (a feminine "planet" in astrology) conjunct Sun in Aquarius and Cancer ascendant in my current life. My ruler planet Uranus is in feminine sign Scorpio square Sun and Moon, and both 5th and 8th houses relate to female health issues: pregnancy, childbirth, menstruation and menopause. Uranus in the 5th house (esp. in Scorpio) and Moon in the 8th foretells an experience as a mother, however I felt it was a wonderful and rewarding one in a past life, and Venus in south opposite Pluto the ruler of scorpio in north in my natal chart reminds me as a male I have dual-gender energy in becoming a parent once again, this time a father, if I was in a relationship.

I have North Node in Cancer/12th so I suppose my karma and past more belongs with Capricorn/6th, which may mean that I had a hard struggle in my past life. I know for sure I'm an old soul but I also think everyone is an old soul.

jamiethebean

My (NN) is in Leo, 11th house, and I've interpreted it as my lifetime should be given to leading some sort of changes within a group or a community, as I've got the experience in radical movements from SN Aquarius in 5th (conjunct Neptune and Uranus).

craft94

My (NN) is in Leo, 11th house, and I've interpreted it as my lifetime should be given to leading some sort of changes within a group or a community, as I've got the experience in radical movements from SN Aquarius in 5th (conjunct Neptune and Uranus).
Hmmmm....I always find reversed houses/signs with the nodal axis to be interesting. Trust your intuition, of course, but I have a theory about this. I feel like maybe your experience with radical movements ended up being more about play (5th house) rebellion (Uranus) than bringing about any real change. Especially with Neptune thrown in, maybe your ideas were too "wild" and "out there" to have any concrete implementation (which Neptune, being the planet of dreams and delusions, tends to lack.). With an 11th house Leo north node, maybe what you need is to take charge (fire?) and become a leader in a movement in order to actually get things done. I would also look at the ruler of the 11th house (the sun?) and any other aspects (squares? Trines?) to the nodes. Another possible interpretation: maybe you got too lost in the emotional contagion (Neptune) of it all and you're learning to trust your instincts and develop your own opinions (Leo) about political (11th house) issues. Ignore it if it sounds off / doesn't jive with your life story/spiritual development. I'm just throwing it out there!

Last edited:

jamiethebean

Hmmmm....I always find reversed houses/signs with the nodal axis to be interesting. Trust your intuition, of course, but I have a theory about this. I feel like maybe your experience with radical movements ended up being more about play (5th house) rebellion (Uranus) than bringing about any real change. Especially with Neptune thrown in, maybe your ideas were too "wild" and "out there" to have any concrete implementation (which Neptune, being the planet of dreams and delusions, tends to lack.). With an 11th house Leo north node, maybe what you need is to take charge (fire?) and become a leader in a movement in order to actually get things done. I would also look at the ruler of the 11th house (the sun?) and any other aspects (squares? Trines?) to the nodes. Another possible interpretation: maybe you got too lost in the emotional contagion (Neptune) of it all and you're learning to trust your instincts and develop your own opinions (Leo) about political (11th house) issues. Ignore it if it sounds off / doesn't jive with your life story/spiritual development. I'm just throwing it out there!

Easily true, for sure, since I never did take into consideration the 5th house part of it being a 'play' house - maybe I was too wild to actually be productive? Haha. The 11th house cusp is in cancer, and the moon is in Sagittarius 4th. Mercury is ruler of the chart and is nearly conjunct North node so I assume that's significant.
Also, I thought your interpretation of your north node as a return to society after possibly an institutionalization was pretty cool. Synthesis done well I think

Last edited:

craft94

Easily true, for sure, since I never did take into consideration the 5th house part of it being a 'play' house - maybe I was too wild to actually be productive? Haha. The 11th house cusp is in cancer, and the moon is in Sagittarius 4th. Mercury is ruler of the chart and is nearly conjunct North node so I assume that's significant.
Also, I thought your interpretation of your north node as a return to society after possibly an institutionalization was pretty cool. Synthesis done well I think
Thanks. I think the moon in Sagittarius highlights Leonine themes of "thinking for yourself" and finding your own truth but the Mercury conjunction, I feel like that's especially important, because Mercury is logic. Logic is what you need to steer you away from the erratic and fantastical ideas of Uranus and Neptune...which by the way, are probably useful and you don't necessarily have to get rid of them. You just have to balance it out with the logic, and analytical/critical Mercury in order to get things done, and not get lost in the emotional contagion (Neptune) or impractical extremism (Uranus). Question everything...I think you get it. It all connects. You know what you need.

jamiethebean

Thanks. I think the moon in Sagittarius highlights Leonine themes of "thinking for yourself" and finding your own truth but the Mercury conjunction, I feel like that's especially important, because Mercury is logic. Logic is what you need to steer you away from the erratic and fantastical ideas of Uranus and Neptune...which by the way, are probably useful and you don't necessarily have to get rid of them. You just have to balance it out with the logic, and analytical/critical Mercury in order to get things done, and not get lost in the emotional contagion (Neptune) or impractical extremism (Uranus). Question everything...I think you get it. It all connects. You know what you need.

I get it. Many thanks

Asterion

I found an article that goes in detail about the N Node/S Node relationship and discusses them each in turn. Pretty engrossing.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/...-house7th-house-nodal-axis-through-the-signs/

I just started getting into studying the nodes recently. I like the idea of an indicator for where I should be putting my energies in life. I have a North Node in my 1st house for Virgo, but as I looked closer I discovered it has a square to Neptune. That brought up this interesting post on squares to the nodes:

http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/12/squares-to-nodes-skipped-step.html

I felt that the concept of "skipped steps" to be enlightening in what the nodes meant in terms of past lives and what we're here to do. I discovered I have a balancing act to run between my relationship with people and being independent from them, since the house placement of the nodes is very important as well, and mine run from 1st to 7th. I know a lot of Virgos get a great deal of satisfaction from service/detail oriented work, it seems communication is the key for me, personally, and that's where it gets interesting -- trying to read one's chart as a whole, and apply new information, and see where it overlaps in life.

Especially because going in the direction of the N Node is supposed to cause discomfort as you push boundaries, but it's also supposed to be rewarding. I find this concept confusing, as I've been uncomfortable for most of my life, and with mixed reward. I hope I can figure it out for myself, in the long run. :andy:

Kitchy

Banned
Hello -

What I came into this world to learn and master - NN Virgo in 2nd conjunct natal Pluto ~

* "Show Me The Money"

* "But does it grow corn?"

* Pet Shop Boys "Opportunities"

* "Inventory Control Expert"

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwac3Pd1SCM

My NN-Pluto conjunction opposes Chiron/SN conjunction Pisces in 8th. All square my natal Moon.

These influences are a "battle royale in my chart.

Saturn squares transiting nodes in a chart somehow invigorate the Nodes.

Last edited:

craft94

Hello -

What I came into this world to learn and master - NN Virgo in 2nd conjunct natal Pluto ~

* "Show Me The Money"

* "But does it grow corn?"

* Pet Shop Boys "Opportunities"

* "Inventory Control Expert"

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwac3Pd1SCM

My NN-Pluto conjunction opposes Chiron/SN conjunction Pisces in 8th. All square my natal Moon.

These influences are a "battle royale in my chart.

Saturn squares transiting nodes in a chart somehow invigorate the Nodes.

That reminds me...Moon is conjunct south node in the 12th house Taurus. My family can be really overbearing. Chiron in the 4th house adds to this.

Venus is conjunct North Node, Scorpio 6th house...along with Juno, Vertex, Jupiter (ruler of my Descendant) and Pluto (?) which echoes themes of intimacy.

I think it's fair to say that I need to let go of the attachment to my family, specifically the negative religious/conservative influences I was brought up with in order to find true love and intimacy.

Flapjacks

I found an article that goes in detail about the N Node/S Node relationship and discusses them each in turn. Pretty engrossing.

http://beyondthestarsastrology.com/...-house7th-house-nodal-axis-through-the-signs/

I just started getting into studying the nodes recently. I like the idea of an indicator for where I should be putting my energies in life. I have a North Node in my 1st house for Virgo, but as I looked closer I discovered it has a square to Neptune. That brought up this interesting post on squares to the nodes:

http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/12/squares-to-nodes-skipped-step.html

I felt that the concept of "skipped steps" to be enlightening in what the nodes meant in terms of past lives and what we're here to do. I discovered I have a balancing act to run between my relationship with people and being independent from them, since the house placement of the nodes is very important as well, and mine run from 1st to 7th. I know a lot of Virgos get a great deal of satisfaction from service/detail oriented work, it seems communication is the key for me, personally, and that's where it gets interesting -- trying to read one's chart as a whole, and apply new information, and see where it overlaps in life.

Especially because going in the direction of the N Node is supposed to cause discomfort as you push boundaries, but it's also supposed to be rewarding. I find this concept confusing, as I've been uncomfortable for most of my life, and with mixed reward. I hope I can figure it out for myself, in the long run. :andy:

I am not sure what the "skipped step" in that article means, but thanks for the links!

If I have a past life, I think it was lived violently in some way. I came into the world with extreme fear of losing control, being treated unfairly, and unable to cope with change. There was nothing in my life to explain it. I behaved as if my life was threatened by anyone whom I perceived as controlling. I had panic attacks ever since I have memory. I spent a lot of my childhood convinced I was about to die and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. All I can figure is it was something left-over from a past life.

I have NN 25' Aries, in the 12H, squared by
Sun 28' Cancer in 3H, opp Moon 26' Cap in 9H (square to Pluto in Scorpio, but Pluto is 9' from SN). So, a grand cross type of configuration.

Ruler of the 12H is Mars in Cap, and ruler of the 6H is Venus in Virgo, which are trine.

I am not sure what the NN means in my chart as far as the path I am to go towards. There was one point in my life where the panic attacks stopped, and it happened after I felt a deeply justified rage. I held on to this Libran ideal of harmony with someone... That I could mediate a problem and use reason and understanding to get through to them, that it would all be ok if we just communicate.

Then I realized that wouldn't work, and it broke me in a way. I felt I had faced evil... Actual evil in a person and I was powerless against it. The person said something that clarified all of this, and I was filled with so much rage that I literally went blind for a few moments. I have never before or since felt that level of white-hot, paralyzing anger. Yet the only thing I could do was let go of idea that I had any control whatever over the situation. I was still a child, and too sensible. I was brave to confront that person.

Soon after those events, I stopped having panic attacks. Something clicked and I saw the absurdity of my usual fears, my inability to deal with change and whatever I thought was fair. I think that is the closest I came to understanding my NN. It had to be something raw, I suppose, to make such a big course correction.

But this is the question I am left with: If I can't reason my way in harmony with the world, what else am I to do? I spend so much time worrying that I am unjustified, partially due to being so unjustified and oversensitive when I was young, that I seek answers that exonerate others from blame and keeps the peace; that something must still be wrong with me otherwise. I hope when my anger arises as the last alternative that it is for the right things. It must be for the right things.

This seems to explain my experience well for a 12th house NN:

"When a planet rises in the east it can now be seen -- and thus it enters the twelfth house. Just so, our first instances of self-expression that we offer into the world are vulnerable and easily defeated, but the effect of their success or failure on our personality is enormous. Pulling some of our energy back into our self to keep it from being defeated or overwhelmed has two results. If we are aware of what we are doing, it becomes our hidden secret. If this process is unconscious, it becomes a rejected aspect of the self. These secrets or repressed aspects of the self form the classical interpretation of the twelfth house."

http://www.myastrologybook.com/twelfth-house-of-astrology-houses.htm

Last edited: