What qualifies as a marriage?

duenderoja

Long ago, before my Saturn return, I married a man.

We never really consummated the marriage [had sex maybe twice, once before, once after]. We married in a courthouse on a whim [he surprised me by telling me we were updating his driver's license].

Anyway, I said yes to avoid being kicked out and being homeless.

Our marriage was annulled by the courts a year and a half later.

As I study my husband as shown in my chart, I cannot see my first husband in my chart anywhere.

What constitutes a marriage according to Vedic scriptures and astrology?

Last edited:

Dr.Time

Hi Duenderoja,
Apologies in advance as I can't answer your question, but rather i have a question for you.
I did not know a chart could tell you specifically that you would be married or not, but rather outline possibilities of the type of partner you could get.

Is this understand incorrect?

Also, can you discriminate in a chart between love/romance relationships and marriage?

By this logic would you be able to see in a chart, a person you were in a relationship with vs a person you are married to?

thanks

duenderoja

Hi Duenderoja,
Apologies in advance as I can't answer your question, but rather i have a question for you.
I did not know a chart could tell you specifically that you would be married or not, but rather outline possibilities of the type of partner you could get.

Is this understand incorrect?

Also, can you discriminate in a chart between love/romance relationships and marriage?

By this logic would you be able to see in a chart, a person you were in a relationship with vs a person you are married to?

thanks

The chart only shows the spouse. I do not know what more to say, except to say that if every dalliance were shown in the chart, we would be very confused individuals.

The chart also shows when a person may not get married. It shows people who become monks, or remain alone. Or are better off alone.

Dr.Time

Ah does every chart show a spouse?
This is confusing, i think i see the point of your question.
Like; what about a serious relationship which lasts for however long, that's all you have.
How is the discrimination made between a serious relationship outside of marriage vs a marriage relationship.

The chart only shows the spouse. I do not know what more to say, except to say that if every dalliance were shown in the chart, we would be very confused individuals.

The chart also shows when a person may not get married. It shows people who become monks, or remain alone. Or are better off alone.

duenderoja

Mine?

In a nutshell, it shows that my spouse will be of the medical profession, he will be a hothead, he will be materialistic, he will have a soft-spoken voice, he will be wealthy, I will be fortunate to be connected with him, and we will move to a foreign land. It also shows that we will have a spiritual connection.

The navamsha is only part of it. You read the D1 chart, Chandra lagna, surya lagna, D9, 7th-from-Chandra in each of those charts, and 7th house in each of those charts, 7th Lord in houses.

I study under Barbara Pijan and Kapiel Raaj. You can too.

Last edited:

Dr.Time

That's nice. And does it indicate a time frame as to when you will meet this person?
Is this fated to happen or is it just outlining probabilities here?

Mine?

In a nutshell, it shows that my spells will be of the medical profession, he will be a hothead, he will be materialistic, he will have a soft-spoken voice, he will be wealthy, I will be fortunate to be connected with him, and we will move to a foreign land. It also shows that we will have a spiritual connection.

duenderoja

That's nice. And does it indicate a time frame as to when you will meet this person?
Is this fated to happen or is it just outlining probabilities here?

The more advanced jyotishas are able to determine the timeframe. Yes, I believe we reincarnate to meet a specific person. This is decided before we reincarnate.

duenderoja

Mine?

In a nutshell, it shows that my spouse will be of the medical profession, he will be a hothead, he will be materialistic, he will have a soft-spoken voice, he will be wealthy, I will be fortunate to be connected with him, and we will move to a foreign land. It also shows that we will have a spiritual connection.

The navamsha is only part of it. You read the D1 chart, Chandra lagna, surya lagna, D9, 7th-from-Chandra in each of those charts, and 7th house in each of those charts, 7th Lord in houses.

I study under Barbara Pijan and Kapiel Raaj. You can too.

The bolded is key to your own studies.

Arena

Long ago, before my Saturn return, I married a man.

We never really consummated the marriage [had sex maybe twice, once before, once after]. We married in a courthouse on a whim [he surprised me by telling me we were updating his driver's license].

Our marriage was annulled by the courts a year and a half later.

[/B]

This was a marriage. Getting married officially, no matter how it is done - that is a marriage. It was consummated by sex, it was short lived and over in a whim, but it was a marriage. I would think that some malefics must have been at play since you say:

Anyway, I said yes to avoid being kicked out and being homeless.

duenderoja

This was a marriage. Getting married officially, no matter how it is done - that is a marriage. It was consummated by sex, it was short lived and over in a whim, but it was a marriage. I would think that some malefics must have been at play since you say:

This is where my hangup is.

In my chart, the first husband described is not the man I married. But it is a perfect match for a gentleman I know.

In my chart reading by a jyotish, one of my marriages [two were predicted] was illegitimate and another legitimate.

So hence, my original question - what does vedic scripture say about the legitimacy of marriage? Why does only the legitimate partner show?

Last edited:

Dr.Time

From memory,
according to Vedic literature, specifically bhagavata purana,
a proper vedic marriage is one where the couple are spiritually focused on bhagavan and all purificatory rites are actioned.

This is where my hangup is.

In my chart, the first husband described is not the man I married. But it is a perfect match for a gentleman I know.

In my chart reading, one of my marriages [two were predicted] was illegitimate and another legitimate.

So hence, my original question - what does vedic scripture say about the legitimacy of marriage?

duenderoja

From memory,
according to Vedic literature, specifically bhagavata purana,
a proper vedic marriage is one where the couple are spiritually focused on bhagavan and all purificatory rites are actioned.

Okay, I am not referring to vedic marriage per se.

I want an explanation for why I cannot see my first husband in my chart.

Arena

I cannot answer you in vedic terms, but maybe it is because the first one was not of any importance and illegitimate as you said. So the chart might show the real life-long partner. But are you talking about the ruler of 7th ? That does describe "relationships" but not only one partner.

I just looked into your progressions. Pr. Venus is coming to your IC, that means you are about to meet someone of importance to you. In a few years from now, Pr. Sun will conjunct natal Moon and pr. ASC will conjunct natal Venus and pr. Venus will conjunct natal Mars. The pr. MC/IC axis is now coming to your natal nodes. All those are huge indicators of a love of impact. But I must note that right now pr. Mars can be disturbing your life as it is close to pr. IC and the S.node.

I know this is not vedic - but I just wanted to tell you my notes.