The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

shannonmelissa

I'm an ENTP but have no idea how to correspond it to my chart to know if it is in fact accurate? Help please? I find this very interesting!!!!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_shannon_hp.10116.23723.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_shannon_hp.10116.23723.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 36

Flapjacks

So --- whoever originated this thread, or whoever shares a deep interest in the topic
Should take the trouble to define all 8 terms that form the basis of the personality typings

Introvert/Extraverted. This seems to deal with how one approaches social relationships and their "sphere" of interest. To me, this is going to involve Moon, retrograde planets, harsh aspects to Saturn, Jupiter placement, feminine signs, the placement of planets in the quadrants/hemispheres, and so on. This may show someone who derives energy from others or has it drained from them, who likes crowds vs. cannot stand them, would rather stay behind the scenes than in the spotlight, who is more interested in their "private world" than the world at large.

Sensing/Intuition. This is about how one responds to the environment. To me, it's going to show up in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The signs I'd associate with sensing are Taurus, Aries and Virgo, Venus and Mars, because sensing is about taking a fact as a fact, interested in the immediate and tangible, favors empiricism. Intuition is about extrapolation, of taking the "big picture" over the details and seeing between the lines, of adding additional meanings. It favors deduction. I'd associate with it Moon, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, Aquarius, Pisces, Cancer and Scorpio. For intuition I'd associate the IC, 8th and 12th houses.

Thinking/Feeling. This one is a bit more obvious. Mercury and Moon as significators, and of course the signs they rule. I'd also but Aquarius/Uranus in the thinking category being higher octave of Mercury. Air and Earth I'd also associate with thinking while fire and water with feeling.

Perceiving/Judging. It is perhaps most clear that Saturn and Mars is showing up for Judging personalities. Judging is about order of chaos, justice over mercy, structure vs. nonstructured, action vs. inaction. I'd think Judging would also be associated with fixed and cardinal signs while perceiving is mutable. Perceiving I'd also identify with Mercury, Gemini and Libra because of the more inquisitive or waffling nature over decisive nature.

At least, that's for starters.

Test some?

I get either INTP or INFP depending on the day. Sometimes I'll get INTJ, so the only consistent ones are Introverted and Intuition.

Introverted - 6 retrograde planets including Mercury, Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars and Jupiter in feminine signs, Saturn opposing Ascendent and square Venus.

Intuition - Moon square Pluto, Mars in 8th house, Neptune trine Virgo Venus, Jupiter in Pisces square Uranus, Mercury square Pluto

The flopping between Feeling and Thinking can probably be explained by Moon/Mercury opposition most clearly.

Usually perceiving, but sometimes judging, might be showing because I have a very strong Mercury placement in a fixed sign, but Gemini ASC, Saturn rules my Moon and Mars, but in opposition to Mercury, creates a lot of second guessing that making the "judging" less pronounced. Retrograde Mars might also be affecting things. Not quite sure about this one. However, getting older I'm becoming more decisive.

FindMeInTheStars

I test as INFJ although I do not come across as introverted to others I think I am. I am new to astrology and do not have the experience to correctly assign anything from my chart to INFJ although my chart does show a high level of intuition which corresponds with INFJ profile.

I will attach my chart incase you need it for any further studies you may do in the future.

Attachments

• julie.gif
    julie.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 40

multiple

Account Closed
INFJ here too.

I took the test originally back in 2008 and looking at notes I had written back then I spoke about being a different type, but I didn't note what type I was previously, only that I was an INFJ at the time of taking the test. I think it may have been either INFP or INTJ. as i'm sure I have always been IN. edit; just found results for 2012 where I came out as INFP.

so taking the test today and the results come up as;
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (72%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

here is my chart for astrological reference and comparison;
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=346&pictureid=1813

I think for me it does show how much neptune is an influence along with having all my planets on the bottom half of my chart with my chart ruler being in cancer. because normally I think we would associate a triple gemini with a leo moon as being a lot more extroverted.

Last edited:

maryrevery

I'm an ENTP.

This is my attempt at it lol

Extrovert: Leo Rising, Aries Moon, Mercury in Libra, Jupiter conjuct midheaven??
Intuitive: Mercury in fourth,Scorpio Sun in fourth
Thinking: Moon in 9th, Mars in 3rd?
Perceiving: Mercury Opp Jupiter??

ENTP here as well, or at least that's what I kept getting when taking the online tests

Extrovert: Leo Rising, Mars in Aries, Sun in Sag, Jupiter in the 10th, and maybe Sun Conjunct Mercury?
Intuitive: Sun in the fourth here as well, Moon in Scorpio in the fourth
Thinking: Mars in the 9th, South Node in Virgo??
Perceiving: I have Moon Opp Jupiter, but it might also be from my Mars in Aries squared by Neptune and Saturn in Cap, so instead of deciding to do stuff (judge), I end up just gathering info on a matter (perceive) and not doing much else

theV

I am an INFP,the idealist,the mediator.Weird enough I have a strong SIXTH RAY (the Seven Rays of God,and Chakras) which also resonate with this type of personality.

Both of INFP and the sixth ray resonate with the Neptune archtype. I have Sun in Virgo,Moon in Saggitarius,Asc in Leo.Neptune makes a minor aspect to my Sun and Moon.Neptune square my mars and node.conjunct moon and jupiter by antiscia

Pokerlulz

ENTP here as well, or at least that's what I kept getting when taking the online tests

Extrovert: Leo Rising, Mars in Aries, Sun in Sag, Jupiter in the 10th, and maybe Sun Conjunct Mercury?
Intuitive: Sun in the fourth here as well, Moon in Scorpio in the fourth
Thinking: Mars in the 9th, South Node in Virgo??
Perceiving: I have Moon Opp Jupiter, but it might also be from my Mars in Aries squared by Neptune and Saturn in Cap, so instead of deciding to do stuff (judge), I end up just gathering info on a matter (perceive) and not doing much else

I'm seeing a trend here with Leo risings :biggrin:

Extrovert: Leo Rising, Gemini Sun & Gemini Venus in 11th, Taurus Mars & Taurus Mercury in 10th
Intuitive:Neptune and Uranus trine Mercury, Neptune and Uranus trine Mars, Pluto in 4th
Thinking: Moon in Taurus in 9th, Mercury opposite Pluto, Absence of planets in water signs, Unaspected Jupiter
Perceiving: Geminian influences, Uranus as dominant planet, Mars at critical degree

(Leo Rising, 11th and 10th house placements, lots of Uranus + Neptune aspects and Gemini energy = ENTP :cool:)

theV

I'm seeing a trend here with Leo risings :biggrin:

Extrovert: Leo Rising, Gemini Sun & Gemini Venus in 11th, Taurus Mars & Taurus Mercury in 10th
Intuitive:Neptune and Uranus trine Mercury, Neptune and Uranus trine Mars, Pluto in 4th
Thinking: Moon in Taurus in 9th, Mercury opposite Pluto, Absence of planets in water signs, Unaspected Jupiter
Perceiving: Geminian influences, Uranus as dominant planet, Mars at critical degree

(Leo Rising, 11th and 10th house placements, lots of Uranus + Neptune aspects and Gemini energy = ENTP :cool:)

I am leo rising but no entp

graay ghost

Results I remember getting from MBTI tests:

INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ISFP, ISTP, ISTJ.

The only thing Myers Briggs has been consistent about for me is that I am an introvert... And I did not need a test to tell me that. It all seems kind of silly to me.

Last edited:

theV

INFP

Introvert:

sun square moon-first quarter moon- means a strong moon which leads to an introvert person.

Most of my planet are in the lower section of my birth chart which leads to an introvert person.
intuitive:

I have the mercury/jupiter/moon aspects which lead to a strong intuition. We have three planets that linked to intelligence and intuition linked together

Strong neptune in my chart. Making minor aspect to my sun and moon. Conjunct moon and jupiter by antiscia. Square my mars and node. Square my sun/moon midpoint

Feeling:

I have a strong moon in my chart. Moon conjunct jupiter and also neptune/uranus by antiscia. The moon is waxing which means the moon is strong. moon conjunct pluto.

craft94

INTP is my most consistent result, but for an introvert, I'm kind of extroverted (or at least outspoken and talkative, I'm wary of new people) and for a thinker, I'm very very emotional. I've gotten INFP, and I've gotten ENTP but I've never gotten ENFP or anything with a J or an S.

While Myers-Briggs might be better at summarizing your personality, I like astrology a lot better because it's more complex and does a much better job at highlighting the contradictions in your personality. The other thing about Myers-Briggs that bothers me is no one can be 100% objective about themselves. Astrology kind of forces you to look at yourself objectively.

As for what aspects in my chart contribute to this...

Introversion -
1. I have three planets in retrograde; Mercury, Venus and Saturn. I think Mercury and Venus contribute more to my introversion than Saturn, however, being more socially-orientated planets. Mercury is my chart ruler and Venus is the ruler of my sun.
2. Another big factor is my stellium in the 6th house, Scorpio, which includes my retrograde Venus.
3. My moon is in the 12th house, Taurus, and opposite Venus, which might be a factor. Lilith is placed here too, as well as my south node (which is conjunct the moon... my north node is actually conjunct Venus)
4. I'm a water dominant.

Intuition -

1. My Libra Sun is definitely a factor. Libras are usually very conceptual thinkers, focused on abstract ideals like balance, justice, etc. Air Ascendant, Air Midheaven. Are grand trines exclusive to planets because if they can include angles, I'm pretty sure I have a grand air trine?
2. Sun/Mercury in the 5th square Uranus/Neptune conjunction. I very much identify with these aspects especially the Uranus ones (tighter orb than the Neptune). Moon is trine Neptune, if that means anything (I've noticed trines aren't as strong as 'hard aspects').
3. Moon in the 12th/Scorpio stellium/water dominant
4. Venus conjunct Jupiter (ruler of Descendant), love of philosophy?
5. Mercury in retrograde may contribute to this too?

I don't normally consider myself to be a particularly 'intuitive' person (although I've gotten a lot better as I've gotten older and I've realized there were times when I was right but didn't trust myself enough). As a Libra, I don't like jumping to conclusions, which is what I feel like you're doing when you claim to know something without reason or explanation (even if it's not something you can physically or scientifically prove, or even if it's not something that's conscious to you...there has to be I]some [/I]reason!), but the Myers-Briggs version of "intuitive" is different. The Myers-Briggs version of "intuitive" refers to someone whose more idea-orientated, and focused on the big picture. Intuition here doesn't mean feeling as opposed to thinking, which is what I always thought it meant. It refers to a more symbolic thinking, reading between the lines and coming up with new ideas as opposed to literal thinking.

I've been called inattentive but I'm only inattentive when listening to technical stuff. I'm never inattentive when it comes to things that relate to humanity or the psyche. I'm more interested in social sciences than hard sciences.

Thinking -
1. Gemini Ascendent
2. Mercury Dominant
3. Libra Sun+Mercury/Taurus moon
4. 6th house stellium (very analytical)

I'm very slow to come to a decision and even though I'm very emotional, I always strive to be objective as possible. I try to consider all factors of a situation, both my heart, my head, all the facts and all the feelings, everything and because of this, I overthink.

I do have strong feelings that cause me to act impulsive sometimes but relating to intuition, I try not to have knee-jerk reactions or prejudices and when I do, I try to think, "why?"

I question everything, both others and myself.

Perceiving -
1. Gemini Ascendant, definitely. I often appear to be very scatter-brained.
2. Libra Sun/Mercury in the 5th house
3. Libra Sun/Mercury square Uranus/Neptune... again...this might actually be the most important factor. I work in spurts. I work when I feel like it.
4. Saturn in Pisces...most of the J/P questions on the Myers-Briggs test revolve around work, and Saturn relates to work. Pisces is a weird sign for Saturn to be in. Saturn in retrograde may be a factor here as well.
5. Contrary to popular belief, I think Venus conjunct Jupiter in the 6th house might be a factor here. I'm sort of lazy and only feel like working when my heart is in it (venus), I need a job that I can enjoy and I tend to be too busy thinking about the bigger picture to focus on day to day tasks (jupiter)

I think mental illness is a factor in this last one, too. Regardless of my "personality", it's difficult for me to follow a strict schedule.

If I really want something, I force myself too, but it's harder for me than it is for others.

Last edited:

theV

INTP is my most consistent result, but for an introvert, I'm kind of extroverted (or at least outspoken and talkative, I'm wary of new people) and for a thinker, I'm very very emotional. I've gotten INFP, and I've gotten ENTP but I've never gotten ENFP or anything with a J or an S.

While Myers-Briggs might be better at summarizing your personality, I like astrology a lot better because it's more complex and does a much better job at highlighting the contradictions in your personality. The other thing about Myers-Briggs that bothers me is no one can be 100% objective about themselves. Astrology kind of forces you to look at yourself objectively.

As for what aspects in my chart contribute to this...

Introversion -
1. I have three planets in retrograde; Mercury, Venus and Saturn. I think Mercury and Venus contribute more to my introversion than Saturn, however, being more socially-orientated planets. Mercury is my chart ruler and Venus is the ruler of my sun.
2. Another big factor is my stellium in the 6th house, Scorpio, which includes my retrograde Venus.
3. My moon is in the 12th house, Taurus, and opposite Venus, which might be a factor. Lilith is placed here too, as well as my south node (which is conjunct the moon... my north node is actually conjunct Venus)
4. I'm a water dominant.

Intuition -

1. My Libra Sun is definitely a factor. Libras are usually very conceptual thinkers, focused on abstract ideals like balance, justice, etc. Air Ascendant, Air Midheaven. Are grand trines exclusive to planets because if they can include angles, I'm pretty sure I have a grand air trine?
2. Sun/Mercury in the 5th square Uranus/Neptune conjunction. I very much identify with these aspects especially the Uranus ones (tighter orb than the Neptune). Moon is trine Neptune, if that means anything (I've noticed trines aren't as strong as 'hard aspects').
3. Moon in the 12th/Scorpio stellium/water dominant
4. Venus conjunct Jupiter (ruler of Descendant), love of philosophy?
5. Mercury in retrograde may contribute to this too?

I don't normally consider myself to be a particularly 'intuitive' person (although I've gotten a lot better as I've gotten older and I've realized there were times when I was right but didn't trust myself enough). As a Libra, I don't like jumping to conclusions, which is what I feel like you're doing when you claim to know something without reason or explanation (even if it's not something you can physically or scientifically prove, or even if it's not something that's conscious to you...there has to be I]some [/I]reason!), but the Myers-Briggs version of "intuitive" is different. The Myers-Briggs version of "intuitive" refers to someone whose more idea-orientated, and focused on the big picture. Intuition here doesn't mean feeling as opposed to thinking, which is what I always thought it meant. It refers to a more symbolic thinking, reading between the lines and coming up with new ideas as opposed to literal thinking.

I've been called inattentive but I'm only inattentive when listening to technical stuff. I'm never inattentive when it comes to things that relate to humanity or the psyche. I'm more interested in social sciences than hard sciences.

Thinking -
1. Gemini Ascendent
2. Mercury Dominant
3. Libra Sun+Mercury/Taurus moon
4. 6th house stellium (very analytical)

I'm very slow to come to a decision and even though I'm very emotional, I always strive to be objective as possible. I try to consider all factors of a situation, both my heart, my head, all the facts and all the feelings, everything and because of this, I overthink.

I do have strong feelings that cause me to act impulsive sometimes but relating to intuition, I try not to have knee-jerk reactions or prejudices and when I do, I try to think, "why?"

I question everything, both others and myself.

Perceiving -
1. Gemini Ascendant, definitely. I often appear to be very scatter-brained.
2. Libra Sun/Mercury in the 5th house
3. Libra Sun/Mercury square Uranus/Neptune... again
4. Saturn in Pisces...most of the J/P questions on the Myers-Briggs test revolve around work, and Saturn relates to work. Pisces is a weird sign for Saturn to be in. Saturn in retrograde may be a factor here as well.
5. Contrary to popular belief, I think Venus conjunct Jupiter in the 6th house might be a factor here. I'm sort of lazy and only feel like working when my heart is in it (venus), I need a job that I can enjoy and I tend to be too busy thinking about the bigger picture to focus on day to day tasks (jupiter)

I think mental illness is a factor in this last one, too. Regardless of my "personality", it's difficult for me to follow a strict schedule.

I thought you were an infp when i was reading your post. :biggrin:

theV

Are you extroverted (in mbti terms) though? I think the coincidental leo rising that several entps reported having just helps to push us over to the 'extroverted' side of the scale, and not determine what type we are.

No I am introvert. INFP :joyful:

Fay

Hello, everyone! :smile:

I've been researching the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Tool lately, which operates under the theory that people can be grouped according to certain characteristic ways of thinking and behaving. Visit The Myers & Briggs Foundation website or use your favorite search engine to learn more about the MBTI. There are many pages on the website, but MBTI Basics is a good place to start.

Basically, you are asked to choose between two preferences in four categories, and the interaction among these preferences determines your personality type. The qualities of Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I), Sensing (S) or Intuition (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P) are assessed, and the combination of these four preferences results in 16 personality types, which are described here.

They are:

• ISTJ
  • ISFJ
  • INFJ
  • INTJ
  • ISTP
  • ISFP
  • INFP
  • INTP
  • ESTP
  • ESFP
  • ENFP
  • ENTP
  • ESTJ
  • ESFJ
  • ENFJ
  • ENTJ
I believe a discussion regarding astrological factors associated with the eight individual qualities--Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I), Sensing (S) or Intuition (N), Thinking (T) or Feeling (F), and Judging (J) or Perceiving (P)--would be a good place to start.

Then, perhaps, we can attempt to "create" a natal chart we feel aptly describes each of the 16 personality types. Obviously, there will be many astrological indicators for these 16 types, since we have a nearly infinite array of natal charts.

If we wish to take a less systematic approach, the thread participants can each list their personality type (if you don't know it, there are several free tests online) and describe which astrological factors in your natal chart you believe contribute towards the characteristics associated with your type. Naturally, not all of the characteristics of a certain type will apply to you, just as not all of the characteristics of a certain sign archetype or planetary placement will apply to you. We are each an intricate blend of characteristics.

I have not been tested by a certified MBTI consultant, nor do I intend to, but I seem to receive the result of INFP on several versions of the test.

EDIT: So as not to appear biased, I have removed the links for INFP. Please send me a personal message if you are interested in visiting the sites I found.

Now, here are some more general sites:

Arian Maverick

I have actually been tested for this by a professional counselor and I have also taken a few "online" tests.
They all come out the same:
INTJ

I have Virgo Sun, Cancer Moon and Gemini AC.
I might add that my moon is "out of bounds".

Mercury is Leo, and it is in an exact square to my Neptune in Scorpio.
I don't know if that has anything to do with my results.
It's been a challenge, but I think it also gives me a fair amount of creativity.
I am left handed too. I have always wondered what planets would tend to make a person more right brained. I have a feeling this square played a role for me.
I also have Venus in Libra and Mars in Scorpio for my other personal planets.

plutoniq

I tend to get INFP when I take this test, with the F/T axis kinda low but in favor of feeling rather than thinking.

• Ceres and Pluto in Scorpio in house 1
  • Sun in Libra in house 11
  • Jupiter and Venus in Virgo in house 10
  • Moon, Mercury, and Mars in Libra in house 12
With majority of my planets in houses 7-12, that could account for me being an introvert.

Three personal planets in house 12, Jupiter conjunct Venus, plus a water ascendant and a water planet in house 1 could account for the intuition, feeling, and perceiving. But I have a lot of air and earth in my chart so ultimately my feeling function is weak.

theV

I tend to get INFP when I take this test, with the F/T axis kinda low but in favor of feeling rather than thinking.

• Ceres and Pluto in Scorpio in house 1
  • Sun in Libra in house 11
  • Jupiter and Venus in Virgo in house 10
  • Moon, Mercury, and Mars in Libra in house 12
With majority of my planets in houses 7-12, that could account for me being an introvert.

Three personal planets in house 12, Jupiter conjunct Venus, plus a water ascendant and a water planet in house 1 could account for the intuition, feeling, and perceiving. But I have a lot of air and earth in my chart so ultimately my feeling function is weak.

No the planets falling in 7th house to the 12th house is indication of extrovert.

craft94

I thought you were an infp when i was reading your post. :biggrin:

No INTP :) I actually took it again last night and that's what I got. I'm right at the border though. I'm actually pretty balanced in general, it seems (balanced or just confused?) My strongest imbalance is the N/S axis but my T function is just little bit stronger than my F and I feel like both types fit me in different ways. It's almost impossible to box a personality in like that. I prefer astrology because it's better at spotting the contradictions in personality.

Last edited: