2 stelliums in a chart?

Koalaman

hi, i read that in order to have a stellium you need 4 planets in a sign, just like this earlier post i have a similar chart as this person but except his stelliums are in the 10th and 12th where as mine is in the 2nd a 4th house. well i was born two days after his, his nov 10 1989, mine is the 12th of 89

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73440

i was just curious does this mean, i have to focus my energy onto the houses that my stellium is in? I am just curious because the 2nd house is of resources and possession, and the 4th has to do with family, but also i looked at a few different charts and some would show that my mars is in the first house and my uranus is in the 3rd house and other charts would show that my mars would be in the 2nd and uranus in the 4th

also according to astro, venus (in cap) is my dominant planet, and mars (in scorp) is my second most dominant

Attachments

• stellium.jpg
    stellium.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

hi, i read that in order to have a stellium you need 4 planets in a sign, just like this earlier post i have a similar chart as this person but except his stelliums are in the 10th and 12th where as mine is in the 2nd a 4th house. well i was born two days after his, his nov 10 1989, mine is the 12th of 89

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73440

i was just curious does this mean, i have to focus my energy onto the houses that my stellium is in?
I am just curious because the 2nd house is of resources and possession, and the 4th has to do with family,
but also i looked at a few different charts and some would show that my mars is in the first house
and my uranus is in the 3rd house
and other charts would show that my mars would be in the 2nd
and uranus in the 4th

also according to astro, venus (in cap) is my dominant planet,
and mars (in scorp) is my second most dominant
That's because the house location of any planet is dependent on the house system chosen :smile:

easily check that fact by selecting the EXTENDED CHART SELECTION page on astro.com
there are fourteen different house systems on offer
Whole Sign Houses provides clarity
because

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries, so that in effect there were no real houses as we know them today
....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses
were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant.....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

JUPITERASC

seems like a stellium is more of a challenge than i thought it would be...
HOW TO PROCEED WHEN TWO OR MORE PLANETS OCCUPY A HOUSE :smile:

'…....When many planets occupy the same house,

The most powerful action on the house significations
is from the house ruler
then, from the exaltation ruler
then from the planet with closest natural analogy with the house meanings.
When, among many planets occupying the same house,
some correspond by their analogy to the meanings attached to the house,
whereas others are contrary to them
then ascertain which of these two groups is the most powerful.
If the former, the affairs indicated will be achieved
if the latter, their realization will be impeded or prevented........'
http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

Koalaman

thank you espi and jupiterasc, i am picking up on it, though i don't quite understand fully, but i believe my exaltation is jupiter because its in the sign of cancer and in the sign of scorpio pluto conjuncts three planets and in the sign of capricorn saturn conjuncts three planets, i also relocated i don't know how much that effects me, but i relocated a long time ago so my relocation chart may have gotten more powerful? if so then the houses my planet is on has changed significantly.

also one thing i am curious about, my sun combusted mercury at 0.37 degrees i feel the effects of myself not being able to express myself as well even though i have alot to say in my head but i can never get the words out correctly, does this mean i will have a harder time articulating my thoughts than other people? and i believe pluto is in conjunction with the sun at 4 degrees does pluto combust like mercury would combust the sun? i heard venus and mercury are the two that gets their energy hindered if too close to the sun

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

thank you espi and jupiterasc, i am picking up on it, though i don't quite understand fully,
but i believe my exaltation is jupiter because its in the sign of cancer
and in the sign of scorpio pluto conjuncts three planets and in the sign of capricorn saturn conjuncts three planets,
i also relocated i don't know how much that effects me, but i relocated a long time ago so my relocation chart may have gotten more powerful?
if so then the houses my planet is on has changed significantly.
Cancer is the exaltation of Jupiter, check the table of ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES that I have posted
also one thing i am curious about, my sun combusted mercury at 0.37 degrees
i feel the effects of myself not being able to express myself as well even though i have alot to say in my head
but i can never get the words out correctly,
does this mean i will have a harder time articulating my thoughts than other people?
Not necessarily
However if we think of the sun as an enormous fire
and if we remember how we prefer to not get too close to enormous fires
then we can understand how planets close to the sun may be 'damaged' by 'combustion' :smile:

and i believe pluto is in conjunction with the sun at 4 degrees does pluto combust like mercury would combust the sun?
i heard venus and mercury are the two that gets their energy hindered if too close to the sun
Although modern astrologers delineate using pluto,
they use pluto only as CO-RULER
not as sole ruler of any sign
It is obvious why, when you study a TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES OF THE PLANETS
such as for example, the following which features

TRIPLICITIES according to Dorotheus of Sidon (from 1st Century CE) :smile:
These are different from Lilly’s triplicity rulers only in that Lilly discards the third rulers
and assigns Mars to be the only ruler for the “watery” signs.
So it can be still used along Lilly if you’d just remember this slight difference.

In the same way the DECANATES
(often shorted as Decans, or also called Faces)
are in the Chaldean order,
not the so called Varahamihira decans of Indian origins that are widely known in modern astrology,
where we assign the rulership over each decan one of the signs of the same element.
Here the planets are rulers, not signs, and the order is obviously different.

And lastly:
the TERMS
(or Bounds)
used here are the earlier Egyptian system,
which predate the Ptolemaic terms utilized by Lilly.

So those astrologers that are faithful with Lilly might want to be careful here.
I’m among “the students of Astrology” who find the Egyptian terms seem to work in horary as well,
who choose to use it generally, without switching back and forth.
But it’s everyone’s personal call,
I’m not about to persuade anyone to that approach
http://gregoryrozek.com/en/astrology...ogical-tables/

GregoryRozek-astrological-tables-01.png

HERE'S WILLIAM LILLY'S POPULAR TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html