hi there! im leila

leila11

I have been passionate about astrology for many years...to my benefit and detriment...my daughter was born a year and a half ago with a moon in fifth house and Saturn conjunct mars there too...with all my interpretations of charts,and my own Saturn in leo in the fourth house.This was like my worst nightmare.I went to a top astrologer..who failed to reassure me...so as I am more social media savvy of late...being at home a lot...Im reaching out to this forum and hope to be able to chat about it.:happy:

JUPITERASC

I have been passionate about astrology for many years...to my benefit and detriment...my daughter was born a year and a half ago with a moon in fifth house and Saturn conjunct mars there too...with all my interpretations of charts,and my own Saturn in leo in the fourth house.This was like my worst nightmare.I went to a top astrologer..who failed to reassure me...so as I am more social media savvy of late...being at home a lot...Im reaching out to this forum and hope to be able to chat about it.:happy:
Hello and welcome leila :smile:
Mars conjuncts Saturn approximately every two years

leila11

Let's see....Moon, Mars, Saturn in 5th.

What exactly is it that makes this your worst nightmare? What do you foresee?

I guess...because my Saturn in the fourth...the moons house has been so accurate in describing depressing mother and family stuff....I have projected that the moon in the same house as Saturn...means I will be a depressing cold negative influence...like my own mother who had schizophrenia from my infancy onward...and being in the fifth house...and all in libra...that her father and my troublesome relationship will result in her feeling alone and unloved..or loved for the wrong reasons or whatever...And having a lot of dissapointments in love and struggles with her creativity...and relationships...that's the mild version of my projected horrors! All stemming from the fact that my own Saturn in the fourth has explained depressing family realities and I also left my homeland.I know Saturn in libra is exalted... I'm not an astrological genius...obviously...so I'm of course super open to other interpretations....Ive been trying to disprove stuff by looking at celebrity charts ha! Since she was born. When I met her father...his natal chart to me showed a certain synastry...and he had a scroll in a golden cylinder on a chain around his neck from an astrologer from india(his family are indian)......anyway...starting to rattle on.... Thankyou for your response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exciting to talk to other people interesting for better or worse in astrology:smile:

greybeard

I hope astrology is for the better. The worse doesn't sound so appealing.

I've been studying astrology for quite some time. It is a good tool for description, a good tool for prediction. But even more (and depending on the character and natural inclinations of the student) it is a marvelous teacher of the workings of the cosmos, of the true nature of this universe we live in, are part of. When we become aware of That, life changes. We are no longer bound by good and evil in our lives.

If you are afraid your daughter will feel alone and unloved....Well by golly, make sure you do what it is in your power to do to make her feel loved and wanted. It is not entirely up to you. Our kids are not ours; we are only stewards. Their life is theirs. If you do the best you know how to do, no one can fault you. Success or failure is not your concern. Do the best you can do, and leave the rest to that higher power.

The creative urge in man is refined and tempered ... enhanced ... by struggle and frustration. "In the beginning God created...." and "man was made in his image." We are, first and foremost, creative beings. I might add, you are spending a lot of your own creative energy creating chimeras. What a waste of creativity.

Saturn in the Fourth....What a bummer! But as near as I can figure, Saturn anywhere is a bummer. Here I was, thinking life was supposed to be all roses and clover. Nuts! Too late I discovered it just ain't so. Now what'll I do?

leila11

I've been studying astrology for quite some time. It is a good tool for description, a good tool for prediction. But even more (and depending on the character and natural inclinations of the student) it is a marvelous teacher of the workings of the cosmos, of the true nature of this universe we live in, are part of. When we become aware of That, life changes. We are no longer bound by good and evil in our lives.

If you are afraid your daughter will feel alone and unloved....Well by golly, make sure you do what it is in your power to do to make her feel loved and wanted. It is not entirely up to you. Our kids are not ours; we are only stewards. Their life is theirs. If you do the best you know how to do, no one can fault you. Success or failure is not your concern. Do the best you can do, and leave the rest to that higher power.

The creative urge in man is refined and tempered ... enhanced ... by struggle and frustration. "In the beginning God created...." and "man was made in his image." We are, first and foremost, creative beings. I might add, you are spending a lot of your own creative energy creating chimeras. What a waste of creativity.

Saturn in the Fourth....What a bummer! But as near as I can figure, Saturn anywhere is a bummer. Here I was, thinking life was supposed to be all roses and clover. Nuts! Too late I discovered it just ain't so. Now what'll I do?

everything you said is wise and valid...I guess its hard when a mother finds out she cant take away her own daughters karma..lessons pain...and that maybe it revolves around you..makes me feel awfully guilty...the Saturn moon connection...considering my own mother...I did have a therapist tell me...Saturn has to be SOMEWHERE!...but everyone knows its a little shitty...and that's why I want to find out as much as possible...thankyou so much greybeard...awesome responses..appreciated..

greybeard

You might benefit from reading Liz Greene's book Saturn: a New Look at an Old Devil. She gives a modernist's view of the planet without completely abandoning the old. People can coat Saturn with sugar all they want, but when it comes to reality Saturn can bring things we would rather not experience.

Therese

Hi Leila,

I have Moon conjunct Saturn (in the second house) and my daughter has her Saturn in the fifth (conjunct Sun). She also has Mercury in the fifth.

I guess that it helps not to be too "short-sighted" and immediate when dealing with Saturn. I think it is an energy that concentrates on the big picture, so it might help to approach Saturn issues that way, too, otherwise we are just spooked.

My mom was somewhat distant and over-controlling, yes, but it all sprang from the fact that she is a very fearful and anxious person, and I could feel that even as a child, though she would never admit it. She considers me anxious, but at least I admit it, lol, and I have a different way of dealing with it. But we both have Moon conjunct Saturn in Virgo.

As greybeard says, we all have Saturn somewhere in our chart. It's possible that your daughter will experience Saturn primarily through you, but that does not make you a bad parent. It just means it will probably be mostly your job to teach her that kind of stuff.

For example, I used to be very close to my father. But he was a dreamer. I have a bundle chart kept together by Jupiter trine Neptune. kind of an "otherworldly" aspect. No idea where I would be without my Virgo Moon-Saturn. Sitting on a cloud, maybe? I remember a scene when my mom wanted me to help her with the washing up. And I replied "but we don't even know what the meaning of life is, how can you give a **** about washing up, or eating or such nitty-gritty stuff? We should sit down first, and try to figure out whether the world is real at all, maybe it's all an illusion". "oh I know what's real all right" - said my mother and splashed a glass of water onto my t-shirt. My mother had a very efficient way of helping me get a solid grasp of reality, and you bet I did not enjoy it at the time. But it worked, and it was necessary.

At first, I also got scared that my daughter has Saturn in the fifth. My husband and I are really not over-controlling, strict, or cold. We are bloody introverts, however, and my daughter has a gemini ascendant. I'm pretty sure she would love it if we were living with a travelling circus or in a gipsy camp. So she probably does feel deprived of all the noise and stuff extroverts enjoy. The most we can offer, however, is that she attends preschool, and that we have guests every now and then, and let her participate in programs for kids. On the positive side, however, she has a very rich imagination. She creates amazing things from scratch, and our house is filled with fairies, elves and such (she also has Cancer Moon).

I see kids her age who are totally dependent on being entertained.At preschool, the teacher keeps them busy, at home, it's the tv or other kids, etc. They are hardly aware that there exists an inner world. My daughter, however, knows this world very well.

Saturn, I think, is also about self-reliance at best, but at the minimum it is where we are challenged to be self-reliant. With Moon conjunct Saturn in the second, you can definitely say I rely on myself to decide what I value. With Saturn in the fifth, your daughter, because of all the kinds of experiences Saturn will bring, probably will have a unique self-expression. My daughter is only four, but I can already see it.

leila11

Hi Leila,

I have Moon conjunct Saturn (in the second house) and my daughter has her Saturn in the fifth (conjunct Sun). She also has Mercury in the fifth.

I guess that it helps not to be too "short-sighted" and immediate when dealing with Saturn. I think it is an energy that concentrates on the big picture, so it might help to approach Saturn issues that way, too, otherwise we are just spooked.

My mom was somewhat distant and over-controlling, yes, but it all sprang from the fact that she is a very fearful and anxious person, and I could feel that even as a child, though she would never admit it. She considers me anxious, but at least I admit it, lol, and I have a different way of dealing with it. But we both have Moon conjunct Saturn in Virgo.

As greybeard says, we all have Saturn somewhere in our chart. It's possible that your daughter will experience Saturn primarily through you, but that does not make you a bad parent. It just means it will probably be mostly your job to teach her that kind of stuff.

For example, I used to be very close to my father. But he was a dreamer. I have a bundle chart kept together by Jupiter trine Neptune. kind of an "otherworldly" aspect. No idea where I would be without my Virgo Moon-Saturn. Sitting on a cloud, maybe? I remember a scene when my mom wanted me to help her with the washing up. And I replied "but we don't even know what the meaning of life is, how can you give a **** about washing up, or eating or such nitty-gritty stuff? We should sit down first, and try to figure out whether the world is real at all, maybe it's all an illusion". "oh I know what's real all right" - said my mother and splashed a glass of water onto my t-shirt. My mother had a very efficient way of helping me get a solid grasp of reality, and you bet I did not enjoy it at the time. But it worked, and it was necessary.

At first, I also got scared that my daughter has Saturn in the fifth. My husband and I are really not over-controlling, strict, or cold. We are bloody introverts, however, and my daughter has a gemini ascendant. I'm pretty sure she would love it if we were living with a travelling circus or in a gipsy camp. So she probably does feel deprived of all the noise and stuff extroverts enjoy. The most we can offer, however, is that she attends preschool, and that we have guests every now and then, and let her participate in programs for kids. On the positive side, however, she has a very rich imagination. She creates amazing things from scratch, and our house is filled with fairies, elves and such (she also has Cancer Moon).

I see kids her age who are totally dependent on being entertained.At preschool, the teacher keeps them busy, at home, it's the tv or other kids, etc. They are hardly aware that there exists an inner world. My daughter, however, knows this world very well.

Saturn, I think, is also about self-reliance at best, but at the minimum it is where we are challenged to be self-reliant. With Moon conjunct Saturn in the second, you can definitely say I rely on myself to decide what I value. With Saturn in the fifth, your daughter, because of all the kinds of experiences Saturn will bring, probably will have a unique self-expression. My daughter is only four, but I can already see it.

Wow....what an AMAZING response.I do read my entire life through astrology at times...and I get very doom and gloom.I see my Saturn in the fourth as an ANSWER to my mothers negative illness.But I am sure that their are many that have that aspect that have an entirely different bent...and once you get out into the community and people actually are talking about astrology and charts...you get a better perspective of the complexity and the NON saturnian aspect of astrology...its complex and there are many other complexities too. I really appreciate you generational story about your mother and her Saturn,and your daughter and her chart.I do cast such doom and gloom on everything....but realizing that I can study and be part of a community that enjoys the same astrological perusings as I do...means maybe I can have some PERSPECTIVE and I think that's a big problem with me.You may be able to interpret aspects and have instincts for astrology,but without the right application and environment.You may as well be a surgeon trying to perform surgery at the local dunkin donuts...as skilled as u may be,with great instincts,your in the wrong place,and obviously will have problems lack of success and be limited. Thankyou so much for your response.I will REREAD and reread..and hopefully connect with you again through this forum.I have a lot of astrological debunking brain fodder to work through....from being in the dunkin donuts for too long trying to do brain surgery:sick:

leila11

:happy:

:smile::smile::smile::happy: