Eating Disorder in Natal Chart

summer92

Hi there! I was wondering what points to ED in natal charts? There are several kinds - you have binging and restricting and EDNOS (sometimes even orthorexia although I would say it's the healthiest approach as you eat clean and eat within your calorie limit).

Would anorexia be because of Saturn,and maybe a bad aspect to the Moon.Binging = Moon + Venus + Jupiter ? Bulimia = Neptune? I don't know why I associated these planets with these EDs,but if anyone can please let me know what can point out to EDs in natal chart it'd be great.

dr. farr

Appetite (for food) has to do with Venus and Jupiter; pleasure (and "hang-ups" regarding pleasure) with Venus especially; fear (like becoming fat) with Mars and, to a lesser extent, with Saturn; alternating states (like bulimia alternating with anorexia) are principally connected with the "great periodic", the Moon; the often hidden, unclear nature of the complex of drives and motivations and conflicts behind chronic eating disorders, has a Neptune connection (and, perhaps also, a connection with Uranus as well-all "mysterious", hard to pin-down pathologies, are more or less affinitive to Uranus and Neptune) Issues connected with self-worth (often involved in eating disorders) are affinitive to the Sun (self-image, to Venus, somewhat also to the Sun; body image, to Venus and Jupiter)

In the natal, detriments and disruptive aspectual (conjunctional and declinational) relationships involving these planets, conjunctions (and Parallels) of these planets with disruptive stars, or connection of these planets with certain Lots (such as the Lot of Chronic Illlness), MIGHT be indicative of a susceptibility to develop problems expressed through eating disorders.

rahu

Banned
hi
over 90% of anorexia victims have emotional/physica/sexual abuse in theirl childhood.

usually hard aspects between saturn/pluto/chiron and/or nessus and the midpoints for these symbols give rise to the low self esteem tha accompanies these eating disorders.

you might post chart for specific insights

rahu

summer92

hi
over 90% of anorexia victims have emotional/physica/sexual abuse in theirl childhood.

usually hard aspects between saturn/pluto/chiron and/or nessus and the midpoints for these symbols give rise to the low self esteem tha accompanies these eating disorders.

you might post chart for specific insights

rahu

Hi Rahu

I do have friends with ED,however I'm not sure if I can post the chart without consent.
No one of them have had a past like that.I think the current generation is influenced especially cause of the pressure from the media.

Frisiangal

Hi there! I was wondering what points to ED in natal charts?
Would anorexia be because of Saturn,and maybe a bad aspect to the Moon.
Binging = Moon + Venus + Jupiter ? Bulimia = Neptune? I don't know why I associated these planets with these EDs,but if anyone can please let me know what can point out to EDs in natal chart it'd be great.

Neptune 'withers away'. It can delude a person's mind and 'mis(in)form' the view they have of themselves as per their physical body. In charts of anorexics a harshly aspected Neptune to Moon is usually a constituent of the anorexic pattern.
Models and (ballet) dancers have to stay slim and trim. There will also be a prominent Neptune in their charts, yet they are 'conscious' of their eating pattern to maintain their figure...even if throwing up is part of it. The 'mind-set' is different to that of the anorexic.

Pluto 'compulsively obsesses' and is invariably found in adverse aspects to Venus in charts in which obesity, binge eating, bulimia is a disorder. Venus does not necessarily make adverse aspects to Moon and Jupiter if the individual simply 'loves their food', as a surrogate for (unrequited) love towards a person.:wink: :smile: Pluto's overtones are more emotional of nature.
Pluto in aspect to the personal planets may also be, yet not necessarily is, part of the anorexic signature.

As eating disorders are a disturbance of the physical body's natural health pattern, you might expect to see planetary correlations to the 6th (physical disorder) and/or 9th (heath and well-being) houses. Planets in the 1st house would find the association in appearance. The figure would be that which is associated with them, rather than who they are as a person.

summer92

thank you for your contribution :) I've lost a lot of weight (60 lbs+) and as much as I'd like to say it was the healthy way,there was a lot of disordered thinking.I've become less emotionally dependent on food *touchwood*,however I went through phases I used to binge and then restrict for a couple of days.I felt that cheating by eating biscuits and chips or even worse fries would make me regain all the 60 lbs.There are certain fear foods I can't make myself eat.

I have Neptune in the 1st,but I have a Venus Moon trine which would also explain that I love food.I just have to learn moderation.

virgo18

Hey

The Moon, Venus and Jupiter are the planets that rule the signs of Cancer, Taurus, and Sagittarius-Pisces... generally known as over indulgent in most things.

The Moon tells it all. The moon sign will tell what we like to eat, and the aspects will tell how we eat. So the moon aspects can tell if there is a tendance to develop an eating disorder.

- What I have observed is that people who eat large quantity of food, as well as drinks, has the moon in an aspect to Jupiter, or the Moon in Sagittarius or Pisces. They are prone to obesity if they don't moderate the way they eat.

- People who eat a littlebit but several times all day long, besides their normal eating hours is moon in taurus, libra or cancer, and the Moon in an aspect to Venus, specially hard aspect who have an emotional stomach, I mean they tend to eat lots of sweets specially when they are facing some emotional problem. And remember that Venus rules our self-worth, self image and sense of beauty.

What causes an eating disorder is the things I said before plus bad aspects of Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, and Uranus, to the Moon.

surrealsuburb123

Even though this is weird for me to talk about, I'll just chime in for the thread. I was bulimic for 2 years, (thankfully I got help and I'm much healthier now) and I can see some of the patterns in my chart. Yes, I have a tendency to indulge. My Venus in Pisces is conjunct Jupiter in Pisces and it's in the first house. It is also square to Pluto.

I think my ED started some time after Neptune transited my first house. My self image changed a lot.

One of the biggest indicator for my ED in my chart is my Moon because it is in Scorpio and conjunct Pluto. It is also square Venus. I have/have had a very love/hate relationship with food. There was never any middle ground: either eat a lot or a little. I hated myself for over eating, so I had to get rid of it, and then started this cycle. It was obsessive, and very compulsive.

What Frisiangal said was spot on, because my Moon is in the 9th house as well, because it did take a toll on my health.

Anorexia, in a way, kind of makes think of Neptune because of how your self image changes, and your perception is so deluded. It's like body dysmorphia. My friend was anorexic for a while, and she was so unhealthy and thin, but when she looked in the mirror, she saw herself as obese and disgustingly fat.

Thanks for making this thread, summer92.

Last edited:

summer92

Thank you all for your replies!! :) I have a Moon in Cancer,and I'm such a grazer.I prefer snacking,and I have a nice trine to my mercury and Venus (Water Grand trine in Pluto,Moon and Mercury in my natal).
I think my Neptune would be the reason why I have symptoms - I haven't self diagnosed.I went for therapy once and was pressured to join ED Meetings by my therapist.I went through a stage where I felt that consuming above 1300 calories was a lot (I try not to count now,but I'm subconsciously doing it),and if I did I would cry over it,and punish myself for it.I've gotten better,but learnt to be less dependent on food.My moon trines my pluto as well,and even though they're not in the 9th house (7th and 11th),I do feel that my emotions are influenced and intensified by the moon phases.

summer92

Even though this is weird for me to talk about, I'll just chime in for the thread. I was bulimic for 2 years, (thankfully I got help and I'm much healthier now) and I can see some of the patterns in my chart. Yes, I have a tendency to indulge. My Venus in Pisces is conjunct Jupiter in Pisces and it's in the first house. It is also square to Pluto.

I think my ED started some time after Neptune transited my first house. My self image changed a lot.

One of the biggest indicator for my ED in my chart is my Moon because it is in Scorpio and conjunct Pluto. It is also square Venus. I have/have had a very love/hate relationship with food. There was never any middle ground: either eat a lot or a little. I hated myself for over eating, so I had to get rid of it, and then started this cycle. It was obsessive, and very compulsive.

What Frisiangal said was spot on, because my Moon is in the 9th house as well, because it did take a toll on my health.

Anorexia, in a way, kind of makes think of Neptune because of how your self image changes, and your perception is so deluded. It's like body dysmorphia. My friend was anorexic for a while, and she was so unhealthy and thin, but when she looked in the mirror, she saw herself as obese and disgustingly fat.

Thanks for making this thread, summer92.

I'm glad to know you're healthy now :) :)

M

may28gemini

I think strong candidates for any sort of thing related to eating would be 6th house (health), having either Moon, Venus, and/or Jupiter in the 6th house, or having Jupiter, Venus, and/or Moon make aspects to the 6th house.

I have Pisces Moon in the 6th house and it opposes 1st house Libra Jupiter and tightly squares my 9th house Gemini Venus.

I don't know if I could say that I had an "eating disorder" per se, but when I was 8-10 years old, my home life was chaotic and I ate more than usual. I was probably 10 lbs overweight for my age at the time. If you think about it, 10lbs over the average weight for a kid at those ages is a LOT.

A few months after I turned 10, puberty hit me and I lost weight... like all of it. I also got taller pretty quickly and I suddenly didn't care to eat much either. I became obsessed with starving myself because for whatever reason, I was freaking out about overeating, cut out soda completely, banished sweets from my life, and got even more involved in a vast range of sports. I also became a vegetarian... but not for "health" reasons... it was because I got grossed out on a camping trip and saw my cousin catch a fish.

When I was 25-26 and I was feeling down and out because I knew my marriage was headed towards the end and I was eating huge proportions. I didn't realize I was eating a lot... but I didn't exercise during that time. I went to my doctor and she said I weighed 163lbs which is quite heavy for my 5'3 ft frame (even though I didn't look like I weighed that much). She also said I had "fatty liver" and told me to exercise asap (this was a month after I turned 26). I immediately enrolled in a gym and lost 15lbs in the 1st month, another 10lbs in the 2nd month and after that I kept losing weight in the following months. When I had gotten down to the low 130s, I stopped caring about keeping track of weight but kept exercising regularly. I lost 30lbs within the 1st 6 months of turning things around, which sounds like it's a lot of weight to lose so quickly but it's not. Even my doctor was impressed with me. I still ate a lot, just different stuff, I went to the gym regularly but I had also gotten back into long distance cycling and was riding pretty much everyday for miles and miles.
By the time I celebrated my 27th birthday, I was wearing a size 6 Marc Jacobs dress which was super fabulous. About 4 months after my bday, it was definite that divorce was going to happen...only I didn't allow my depression to throw me off so I worked out even more during that time.

I have Libra Saturn conjunct AC exact... it's very easy for me to loose weight with the slightest change. My Saturn trines 8th house Mars so I can easily keep up routines for long durations of time and I can be very focused and disciplined. Moon in 6th isn't nice on health as it makes things come and go in cycles (overeating when I was a kid and in my mid 20s). Knowing what I know now, I don't want to have to go through another phase of overeating again. If it weren't for my Saturn AC doing damage control, I probably would have a difficult time with weight control.

summer92

You're lucky your Saturn restricts you when you have to.I have a strong placed Saturn (in Aqua however in the 2nd house of Money).I'm strong willed,but I put things off when I will blame on my Mercury.I space out too much and never think about the consequences.

M

may28gemini

For some reason, I imagine the Cap and Aqua Saturn generations to be thin... just because Saturn has a tendency to give off a "starvation" effect.

I'm part of the Libra Saturn generation and I remember when I was going to school (both high school and college) that both the boys and girls were super obsessed about having perfect bodies by playing sports and working out. I was guilty of the same thing. I wanted to be a bikini model like every other girl (it's funny now that I think about it) and there was always a flat stomach comparison in the locker rooms (oy vey). It wasn't uncommon that people took an extra sports classes in their schedule. I swam 2 hours a day for 6 days a week 9 months out of the year when I was in college and I would go nuts weighing myself and being angry about why I don't look like Carmen Electra. Can you imagine that? A bunch of 14 to 22 yr olds so afraid not being good looking LOL

summer92

For some reason, I imagine the Cap and Aqua Saturn generations to be thin... just because Saturn has a tendency to give off a "starvation" effect.

I'm part of the Libra Saturn generation and I remember when I was going to school (both high school and college) that both the boys and girls were super obsessed about having perfect bodies by playing sports and working out. I was guilty of the same thing. I wanted to be a bikini model like every other girl (it's funny now that I think about it) and there was always a flat stomach comparison in the locker rooms (oy vey). It wasn't uncommon that people took an extra sports classes in their schedule. I swam 2 hours a day for 6 days a week 9 months out of the year when I was in college and I would go nuts weighing myself and being angry about why I don't look like Carmen Electra. Can you imagine that? A bunch of 14 to 22 yr olds so afraid not being good looking LOL

I have quite an unhealthy body image.I too get obsessed with the way I look and I've been quite complacent due to exams,or else I make sure I work out every day,and I'm careful about what I eat.I think it'd be more to do with the aspects saturn make,don't you think? This generation is quite obsessed with weight loss and body image (the waif look being favoured quite a lot,and anyone in the public who's above a size 6 is slated).

summer92

Hi Aquarius7K :)
My eating's disordered,and my moon's pretty strong in the 7th house in Cancer.However it receives aspects from Chiron (conjunction) - which could indicate lessons/healing emotions?

Kukka

Eating disorder from age 14 to 22-24..

It's self destructive/compulsive behaviour, pluto thing..

Saturn does restrict you..

Have 8 th house moon, opposite Saturn.

2nd house -the body- Scorpio, pluto 1st house, Saturn in 2 nd.

I think all in my mother's side family (females) have a eating disorder to an extent.. 8 th house karma, trouble is laying under.

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

Im naturally thin. I have heavy Saturn chart: Sun opposite Saturn, Moon, Uranus, node, Neptune in Cap, Saturn in Aqua, Moon in almost exact sextile to Pluto('19) so for me is easy to control how much im eating. This is maybe the reason why i developed an eating disorder(?). I don't know if you can develop ED. But when i was 15 years old, i did have problem for almost one year. I've lost at that time almost 22 pounds from late August to Feb:andy: I went from 123 pounds to 101 (im 5'8):andy: After a year everything (almost:p) went back to norm. It was my teenage rebellion. Now when i looked at progression and transits from that time i notice few things! And im sure they were the reason. T Neptune was square N Pluto (the orbit for everything is from one degree to zero), T Neptune opposite N Jupiter, T Saturn conjunct N Jupiter, T Chiron conjunct N Saturn and of course Progressed Sun was in exact square to natal Pluto... I think for me (with my heavy Saturn chart) it was easier to strave than to party hard. that all about me:tongue: Guys do you remeber the time when Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Amy Winehouse were super skinny, anorexic? i think it was when Saturn moved from Leo to Virgo...

M

may28gemini

Oh I totally remember that time!! I hate Virgo Saturn... obsessed and totally nitpicky about every little thing. I think that was like 2007 to 2009. Oh barf. I hated the "fashion" back then... awful colors, cuts, design, totally mainstream and unimaginative. The chicks that were being promoted as epitome of "beauty" were atrocious looking like they were (barely) walking corpses.

Those 2 years were years that I couldn't find a darn thing I liked and I love clothes. I was wearing old stuff because it didn't matter... it looked better than the new stuff that was available at that time. It wasn't until Saturn entered Libra that ushered in a new state of formality and grace (albeit revamped) and brought back so many wonderfully classy vintage styles. When Virgo Saturn made a brief return in middle of 2010, the clothes that summer was so very UGLY that I went back to wearing old stuff.