Aspects to Ascendant: Conjunctions and Parallels

oren19

Hello Kannon :smile:

I have Jupiter in Sag ( my rizing sign ) and a little below that in my first house in Cap., I have Saturn,...do you think that may be the reason behind me being bi-polar ? Going back & forth between being jovial and optomistic for a while, then back to being Mr. Doom & Gloom and an ***hole the next.

JUPITERASC

Hi all, What about oppositions? Is that a parallel? Sorry if that sounds stupid, Im new around these astrological parts. :)

I dont have anything conjunct my Libra ascendant, but if Im not mistaken there's an opposition with Jupiter, and Mercury isnt too far away? Would that make any modifications to the ascendant/my appearance?

My Chart: http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q609/PisceanVenus/IMG_201206250796.jpg
Interesting link to photos illustrating the decanates of each rising sign and their effects on appearance - btw all the photos load, even if it takes a few minutes :smile:

After the photos Ron Bippus, an astrologer with over 35 years experience provides an article discussing oppositions and other aspects to the ascendant
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

theV

Thanks for article

I have leo rising

What do you know about Lillith parallel asc I have this aspect?

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Pisces 14.06 Ascendant Taurus 10.03
Moon Scorpio 7.59 II Gemini 9.19
Mercury Pisces 16.52 III Cancer 4.51
Venus Aries 13.17 IV Leo 0.21
Mars Gemini 15.35 V Leo 29.05
Jupiter Leo 4.33 R VI Libra 3.03
Saturn Aquarius 2.52 VII Scorpio 10.03
Uranus Capricorn 12.59 VIII Sagittarius 9.19
Neptune Capricorn 16.14 IX Capricorn 4.51
Pluto Scorpio 20.21 R Midheaven Aquarius 0.21
Lilith Sagittarius 24.09 XI Aquarius 29.05
Asc node Capricorn 27.18 XII Aries 3.03

The planetary positions in the houses express the facts relative to destiny.

Planets in the houses
Sun in XI
Moon in VI
Mercury in XI
Venus in XII
Mars in II
Jupiter in IV
Saturn in Midheaven
Uranus in IX
Neptune in IX
Pluto in VII
Lilith in VIII
Asc node in IX

born march 5th, 1991 at 9.55 am

What happens if theres no Conjunction, could you explain briefly about my Ascendant?

Thanks.

Last edited:

GEMINI78

Very informative and organized. Thank you so much!! I've been looking for such a breakdown.

I'm not sure if I can say the planet that's 3 degrees away from my AC applies 100% to me.
My 1st house is overloaded to begin with (Jup, Sat, Pluto) and I have I have Libra Jupiter and Saturn conjunct Asc in Libra respectively 6 and 3 degrees apart. Although the majority of my family members have "farmer" origins, I'm not small framed like they are. I think Libra asc tend to be smaller on the top and bigger on the bottom. Well, I'm top heavy and thinner south of the chest. I'm pretty athletic, strong, and sturdy. I rarely ever get sick and when I do, I bounce back quickly. It is true that I do everything with intent and purpose, and I'm sober all the time (scary, I know). Everyone relies on me to be the leader by example but not in the traditional case. When people deal with me, I always instill the honor system first. True that I've always had more respect for my elders than most my peers but I also end up rebelling against my elders/authority if necessary.

The Saturnine traits that I identify with are all very strong, the other traits that are clearly Jupiter conj AC kinds of behavior are also quite visible.
I have a loaded 1st house, Saturn 25D Leo conjunct ASC 27D Leo and Mars 28D Leo. At birth I was fighting NOT to come in this world. I was born 3 months pre mature, with a heart condition,collapse lung, Pneumonia and Asthma. I weighed 2 pounds, so I had to stay in the hospital for 3months. My mother said they told her to prepare for my funeral because I would not make it! The first five years of life, I was always sick in and out of the hospital. The year I turned 9 all my health problems started to fade away. but throughout my early childhood and teen years I always thought of death. I had a lot of adult responsibilities as a teen. I was always angry about having limited amounts of food and clothes. I was also picked on for looking older then most my age. My childhood was extremely overbearing and lonely. I read this is a karma aspect.

Last edited:

Melaike

My ASC's declination 13 16 N
My Mars' declination 14 26 S , this makes a Contra parallel right ?

I already have Mars opposition ASC in my chart,it doesn't change anything for me.

And also it seems I have Chiron Paralell ASC.İt's declination is 12 21 N . Dose it mean something ?

Last edited:

theV

My ASC's declination 13 16 N
My Mars' declination 14 26 S , this make a Contra parallel right ?

I already have Mars opposition ASC in my chart,it doesn't change anything for me.

And also it seems I have Chiron Paralell ASC.İt's declination is 12 21 N . Dose it mean something ?

You have Opp and CP that intensifies the aspect I think you should read the asc chiron conjunction for parallel

theV

Mars parallel ascendant anyone?

The Parallel said to be as just powerful as the conjunction here is one of informative site about the parallel and contra parallel you might gain some acknowledge about the declination

http://nightssky.wordpress.com/parallels-and-contra-parallels-latitude/

Although,You should treat the parallel as a conjunction get deeper into conjunction

Mars Parallel Ascendant

You are able to muster that extra energy to complete a project and you have an underlying fascination with physical strength. You can access a fun-loving zest for life if you give yourself the time to step back from your work pattern and have some detachment from your intense focus.

Kannon

Melaike,

That is a bit too wide for a contra-parallel involving Mars. My experience shows me that Mercury, Venus, Mars have tighter orbs in declination than say Sun, Moon, Jupiter, which can go a bit further than 1*. The Asc gives no light so it has no effect on the orb, which is from the planet only.

As to Chiron, the key is being certain that your Asc figure is correct. Most charts don't have an accurate enough Asc for certainty with these aspects. With a true Chiron parallel to Asc you will display one or both conditions: constitutional maladies or weaknesses that trip up your health periodically or cause more than the usual focus on your health; a natural tendency to be a healer, shown at least in adulthood that draw you to using psychology or the natural healing arts to help people. With Leo on the Asc this would draw you into teaching more than the average person with such an aspect.

With the Mars opposition to Asc, if it is correct, you are quick to anger and assertive, even combative at times, very ambitious and 'take-charge' even if it annoys others a bit. It would sometimes come with an attitude of 'well, if they won't do it my way, I will just go do it alone.'

I have taken the liberty of running your data through my Asc-generating program and there was no possible Asc for your date and location of birth at 24-25 Leo. The closest possible one was at 18* Leo, then another at 8* Leo, plus 12 and 22* Cancer previous to that. Try looking at your life events to see what transits indicate for things like beginnings/endings of relationships (1st-7th houses), travels and education (3rd-9th), changes of residence (4th), career/work (6th-10th), hospital stays and health diagnoses (6th-12th).

So in conclusion, you do not have Mars either opposite or contra-parallel your Asc, nor do you have Chiron parallel it since the only possible Asc for you were at 15* North and upwards.

Zeloim

Hi there. I have Jupiter in the 12th conjunct Ascendant 0°44. I keep being threatened with weight gain later in life. I'm looking forward to that. :biggrin:

Melaike

Melaike,
That is a bit too wide for a contra-parallel involving Mars. My experience shows me that Mercury, Venus, Mars have tighter orbs in declination than say Sun, Moon, Jupiter, which can go a bit further than 1*. The Asc gives no light so it has no effect on the orb, which is from the planet only.

Thanks for the response.Altough I read about paralell's and their effects before I didn't know how to calculate them.

As to Chiron, the key is being certain that your Asc figure is correct. Most charts don't have an accurate enough Asc for certainty with these aspects. With a true Chiron parallel to Asc you will display one or both conditions: constitutional maladies or weaknesses that trip up your health periodically or cause more than the usual focus on your health; a natural tendency to be a healer, shown at least in adulthood that draw you to using psychology or the natural healing arts to help people. With Leo on the Asc this would draw you into teaching more than the average person with such an aspect.

This one suits me better.

With the Mars opposition to Asc, if it is correct, you are quick to anger and assertive, even combative at times, very ambitious and 'take-charge' even if it annoys others a bit. It would sometimes come with an attitude of 'well, if they won't do it my way, I will just go do it alone.'

I attract Martian people but those Martian traits don't suit me much.I'm usually very calm,I can't stand violence,I'm a perfectionist but I'm not that ambitious,I tend to stay away from stressful situations,(they make me sick)I can give up my beliefs and my thoughts to keep the harmony.

I can be aggressive only when I'm with my family/people very close to me/people I'm living together with or when İf I feel oppressed,when I'm indoors etc.

Also I don't like doing things alone.I always feel the need for a partner.

I have taken the liberty of running your data through my Asc-generating program and there was no possible Asc for your date and location of birth at 24-25 Leo. The closest possible one was at 18* Leo, then another at 8* Leo, plus 12 and 22* Cancer previous to that. Try looking at your life events to see what transits indicate for things like beginnings/endings of relationships (1st-7th houses), travels and education (3rd-9th), changes of residence (4th), career/work (6th-10th), hospital stays and health diagnoses (6th-12th).

I don't know how you calculated that but I'll try that 18th degree Leo rising chart to see if it's working or not.

So in conclusion, you do not have Mars either opposite or contra-parallel your Asc, nor do you have Chiron parallel it since the only possible Asc for you were at 15* North and upwards.

İs there a thread in the forum where you explain how you calculate these things?

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

Do trines and squares to the ASC count too? Are these strong enough?
I have a Venus square, an Uranus, Neptune, NN/Sun - trine to my Leo ASC.

dr. farr

Many of us accept that aspects (close ones) to the ascending degree affect the personality (or the subject matter represented by the ascendant) Same regarding the MC and aspects to it. Regarding the Nodes, while Vedic astrology accepts that these can "aspect" (albeit via signs), the general outlook in Western astrology is that Nodes can be aspected, but cannot cast an aspect (but do have an effect via conjunctions and Parallels which are not, technically, considered to be aspects as such)

Melaike

You sound more like Cancer rising than Leo rising.

I'm pretty sure I'm Leo rising with Saturn in the first house.I act,feel and look like it.

Last night I talked with my Mom about my birthime,she told me that she had heard the evening Azan during birth.I checked out Azan times of February,it gives 17 52 pm as the evening Azan time.My birthtime cannot be too far from this time.

Headaches are part of my life.I have Migraines,Sinusitis,Car sickness and Myopia.My head is sensitive to almost everything;certain smells,motion,weather changes etc.My mars should be in my 6th house.
I have Sensitive teeth and skin,also I have rheumatic disorder.Besides I was raised in a saturnine environment.My Saturn should be in my first house.

Some facts about me:I'm the first child of my parents and first grandchild of my grandparents on both sides.Physically I resemble my father more.
I'm the rebel in the family.I always feel like I don't belong to my immediate family and such.I don't know what to say more.

Altough I was born in İstanbul me and my parents were living in a different city.After my father had left us for work a year ago me and my mom went to İstanbul for a while to stay with my paternal grandparents in September 1984.I started primary school at that time.I checked out transits of that time, transit Saturn is very close to my IC.The Saturnine environment I was talking about is my Grandparents and their house .I started to live there with them after my mom had gone back to our own house in the other city.

My birthchart with transits of semptember 20 1984.

Last edited:

Anahath

Do the other aspects,besides conjunctions to the ascendant affect someone's appearance in any way?Since I have a truckload of planets aspecting my asc...well,let's not exaggerate.I have Venus,Mars and Jupiter Square Ascendant and Neptune and Uranus sextile Ascendant.

Anyway...I have Pluto conjunct my Ascendant and people have called me innocent or aloof...a lot of people also think I'm inexperienced,or a virgin,or incapable because of my youthful appearance.I also got very serious,or overly polite as first impression evaluations.It's only after someone gets to know me a little and says "You are really not how you seemed to be."

Last edited:

theV

Do trines and squares to the ASC count too? Are these strong enough?
I have a Venus square, an Uranus, Neptune, NN/Sun - trine to my Leo ASC.

I also have the same question do trine and sextil and square other aspect affect our appearance ?

I have a moon jupiter conjunct trine asc and mercury sextile asc