Ascendant Sign Descriptions

Love2Know

Really? That's weird. I don't think it looks that much like me. Maybe it's because my avatar is right above, and we both have two eyes and a nose? :smile: Her eyebrows, mouth, nose, facial shape is totally different from my avatar. Interesting . . . maybe a slight resemblance . . . I don't know; I don't really see it.

P.S. Try clicking it to make it bigger, so you can see it.

bahahaah really cool drawing!!!!!!! She is so beautiful in general <3

sequestra

Hey Sequestra. I thought I would sketch you. I just started drawing several weeks ago, when I went on vacation. So it's not perfect, but I really like doing it. It's off a bit, but I think you can tell it's you. I brought out the Scorpio in you. ha ha.

Wow!! Thank you so much, that is awesome, I love it. And that's a good sketch, truly - amazing that you only started a few weeks ago. It's something you should certainly pursue, especially if you enjoy it. And yes you brought out the scorpio in the lips I think loool ~ my venus/mars are in the scorpio decanate and quincunx pluto so perhaps that's where it comes from.

Thank you for the compliments, but I must confess that my natural hair color is significantly lighter. Yours looks pretty dark though - and you have light eyes - celtic origin?

Cypocryphy

Wow!! Thank you so much, that is awesome, I love it. And that's a good sketch, truly - amazing that you only started a few weeks ago. It's something you should certainly pursue, especially if you enjoy it. And yes you brought out the scorpio in the lips I think loool ~ my venus/mars are in the scorpio decanate and quincunx pluto so perhaps that's where it comes from.

Thank you for the compliments, but I must confess that my natural hair color is significantly lighter. Yours looks pretty dark though - and you have light eyes - celtic origin?

Ha. You're welcome. :smile: Yeah it's a lot of fun. I just got a charcoal drawing kit. Yeah. My hair is pretty dark. Naturally it's dark brown, but when I put product in it, it goes black. And yes---I am of Celtic origin. Well, Scottish/Irish, but I have Norman, German and Spanish too in me. A European *******.

And thank you for the compliment! People have been telling me that I should really pursue drawing and painting. I'm making marked improvements these last three weeks. The fist face I drew in the beginning of the week looked terrible, and now I can make people reasonably resemble themselves.

This leads to my belief in astrology, what I really think of astrology. As you can see in my chart, there is nothing to indicate that I would be good a drawing, or music (which I am---I used to play music professionally) and other artistic pursuits. (If you notice something, I'll give you a standing ovation.) So where does this come from? Certainly not from the stars! :smile:

I know I have studied astrology, but I think it's not what people think. There is some truth to it, but our understanding and the weight people tend to give it is perhaps more than it should be given. Don't you think?

sequestra

Ha. You're welcome. :smile: Yeah it's a lot of fun. I just got a charcoal drawing kit. Yeah. My hair is pretty dark. Naturally it's dark brown, but when I put product in it, it goes black. And yes---I am of Celtic origin. Well, Scottish/Irish, but I have Norman, German and Spanish too in me. A European *******.

I was just recalling in another thread that I used to enjoy sketching with charcoal. Drawing was always very frustrating for me however because I have a tendency to be highly perfectionistic in such pursuits, going into highly elaborate detail (within detail within detail)... I find it somewhat emotionally exhausting, as it appears to be a largely egoic exercise for me personally - that is, my ego gets so caught up in it that I can't simply let go and enjoy. If I could manage to do that, I think my creations would be more proficient (and more importantly, I'd have enjoyed the process).

I'm eurotrash in cultural origin also.

And thank you for the compliment! People have been telling me that I should really pursue drawing and painting. I'm making marked improvements these last three weeks. The fist face I drew in the beginning of the week looked terrible, and now I can make people reasonably resemble themselves.

That's awesome - you should show us more. I want to see!

This leads to my belief in astrology, what I really think of astrology. As you can see in my chart, there is nothing to indicate that I would be good a drawing, or music (which I am---I used to play music professionally) and other artistic pursuits. (If you notice something, I'll give you a standing ovation.) So where does this come from? Certainly not from the stars! :smile:

Why is your chart not reflective of creativity in this manner? To start with the bare basics, geminis are known for being skilled with their hands (incidentally my gemini sun/stellium mother was an occupational hand therapist). Your sun's ruler is in taurus in the 7th conjunct jupiter - a romantic/creative "venusian" placement to say the least, with that merc sextile a lovely cancer moon that is then quintile jupiter... Gives me the impression your artistic creations would be suffused with feeling and much meaning.

Mars in leo - again creative - and trine a neptune which trines the MC? - hello?

I know I have studied astrology, but I think it's not what people think. There is some truth to it, but our understanding and the weight people tend to give it is perhaps more than it should be given. Don't you think?

I concede that it is frequently my chosen paradigm through which to perceive life which sounds weighty as **** but actually isn't, as I do it in a playful sense. I don't take too much overly seriously at all, that goes for most things... I enjoy astrology, as I do parapsychology and mysticism in general. I have my right little toe in lots of things that I should really be forcing myself to go a bit deeper with...

Moog

Sidereal 1st ruler Venus is in Taurus.

Cypocryphy

I was just recalling in another thread that I used to enjoy sketching with charcoal.

Awesome. I haven't got the knack of it yet. I got a kit, and it has a ton of stuff I don't know how to use, such as carbon and smudge sticks. I suppose I could google it and find out. Guess I'm lazy!

Drawing was always very frustrating for me however because I have a tendency to be highly perfectionistic in such pursuits, going into highly elaborate detail (within detail within detail)...

Hmm. Interesting. The author of this book I'm reading recommends that we let the self-critical internal monologue go. I guess this is an issue for a lot of people. I haven't noticed it with myself but I really don't have any expectations when I start drawing. Because if it's ****---no one's going to see it. :smile: I turns into a paper airplane.

Also, what I do is start out big and general. Then slowly getting smaller, leaving the detail for the end. This usually helps, but maybe you already do that.

I find it somewhat emotionally exhausting, as it appears to be a largely egoic exercise for me personally - that is, my ego gets so caught up in it that I can't simply let go and enjoy. If I could manage to do that, I think my creations would be more proficient (and more importantly, I'd have enjoyed the process).

Yeah. I bet it would! Maybe try putting on some relaxing music or something . . .

I'm eurotrash in cultural origin also.

Ha ha. Yup. Seems the case for we from the colonized continents. But that means we've got the best genes. Look at all those mutts out there who make the best pets ever. They tend to have low vet bills and are generally really bright. That's what I tell myself anyway! :smile:

That's awesome - you should show us more. I want to see!

Ha! We shall see . . . . I better do something good! And I wouldn't mind seeing what you drew. Hey, maybe we should start an art sharing thread on here for people to post stuff they've been working on: songs, paintings, drawings, photography, writings, etc. Might be fun and healthy. What do you think?

Why is your chart not reflective of creativity in this manner? To start with the bare basics, geminis are known for being skilled with their hands (incidentally my gemini sun/stellium mother was an occupational hand therapist). Your sun's ruler is in taurus in the 7th conjunct jupiter - a romantic/creative "venusian" placement to say the least, with that merc sextile a lovely cancer moon that is then quintile jupiter... Gives me the impression your artistic creations would be suffused with feeling and much meaning.

Mars in leo - again creative - and trine a neptune which trines the MC? - hello?

Ha ha ha. Thanks! :rubs sleep from eyes: I must have been asleep when I looked at my chart. And I forgot that my Venus and Mars are in mutual reception. I always look for a Venusian connection with Mercury or a Neptune with Mercury. That's the key to making good art, I think. I don't know how strong that is, and as Moog would say, that goes out the window with sidereal. Anyway, thanks for making my chart look a smidge better. :smile:

I concede that it is frequently my chosen paradigm through which to perceive life which sounds weighty as **** but actually isn't, as I do it in a playful sense. I don't take too much overly seriously at all, that goes for most things... I enjoy astrology, as I do parapsychology and mysticism in general. I have my right little toe in lots of things that I should really be forcing myself to go a bit deeper with...

Yeah! Me too. I try not to take too many things seriously, which can be a bit of a challenge at times. I think astrology does have an effect on our lives, in many ways. It's just that the understanding that we have of it seems to be a bit off. I blame the loss of many great literary works from the Persian empire, during the destruction of the great libraries at the time. I think those were the best records of what the Egyptians had developed. We can thank the Egyptians for their work on the astral and astrology. The ancient Eastern cultures contributed to the spiritual. And the Greeks were primarily focused on the physical, which happens to be the governing paradigm of our cultures (and the worlds, too). Anyway, I'm babbling.

But I'll see what I can come up with here with my new charcoal kit. And don't forgot to put of some of yours!

Cypocryphy

Sidereal 1st ruler Venus is in Taurus.

Yeah! True. I'm starting to think that sidereal places the signs in the correct location. I've been going through this debate for years. It seems more apt, giving me a Libra ascendant. And I think my Venus describes my love life better when it's in Taurus rather than Gemini. Sometimes, however, it's hard to tell. But thanks for pointing out the Venus in Taurus placement in my chart. Gives added support!

Last edited:

sequestra

Ha! We shall see . . . . I better do something good! And I wouldn't mind seeing what you drew. Hey, maybe we should start an art sharing thread on here for people to post stuff they've been working on: songs, paintings, drawings, photography, writings, etc. Might be fun and healthy. What do you think?

The thread sounds like an awesome idea to me, except I haven't drawn anything in ages and I don't have a scanner (good excuses, I know, but true!) Definitely start one though! I know a few people on here who are artistically inclined (won't name them in case they would rather remain anonymous lol).

Ha ha ha. Thanks! :rubs sleep from eyes: I must have been asleep when I looked at my chart. And I forgot that my Venus and Mars are in mutual reception. I always look for a Venusian connection with Mercury or a Neptune with Mercury. That's the key to making good art, I think. I don't know how strong that is, and as Moog would say, that goes out the window with sidereal. Anyway, thanks for making my chart look a smidge better. :smile:

Do the aspects stay the same with sidereal? Whenever I cast mine on astrodienst it shifts most of my signs back but the aspects remain the same. I feel disturbed by the prospect of becoming an aquarian with scorp rising and a taurus moon.

I try not to take too many things seriously, which can be a bit of a challenge at times. I think astrology does have an effect on our lives, in many ways. It's just that the understanding that we have of it seems to be a bit off. I blame the loss of many great literary works from the Persian empire, during the destruction of the great libraries at the time. I think those were the best records of what the Egyptians had developed. We can thank the Egyptians for their work on the astral and astrology. The ancient Eastern cultures contributed to the spiritual. And the Greeks were primarily focused on the physical, which happens to be the governing paradigm of our cultures (and the worlds, too). Anyway, I'm babbling.

I don't mind the babbling; you're knowledgeable and have interesting things to say. Sorry that I took a while to reply, I'm missing a lot of the threads I've posted to lately.

byjove

Account Closed
Okey dokey. Ascendant and description update. My newly rectified ascendant is Virgo. I have the Moon about 3 degrees ahead, conjunct inthe first house, in the same sign. The ASC ruler is in the 7th house, but not really in opposition. Venus however, is on the DC, 2 degrees behind the 7th cusp, therefore opposing the ASC/Moon combo.

I have no idea how having the 1st ruler in the 7th would affect my physical form. I tend to find lots of water, especially personal planets, adds emotional eyes. When relaxed, I think I have the gentle water look. When on a mission, it's more like a volcanoe.

As for the rest of the body,I'm average heighth and I like my body. I have few troubles. When nervous, the stomach is the first to complain, it feels like a butterfly home. I have dry skin but generally not too bad. (Saturn square ASC/Moon) When I'm in a period of prolonged stress, then my dry skin becomes an issue.

I'm very slim, it's impossible to gain weight, though my legs are especially muscled, the only stray from the slim presence.

I think that's roughly me.

Moog

Here's a collection of thumbnail images of various celebrity people with various different rising signs, but all having their 1st house ruler in Aries

(sidereal positions)

tumblr_m9e6ggkWf21re07yfo1_400.jpg

eg.

Hitler has Libra rising, Venus is in Aries
Brian Wilson has Taurus rising, Venus is in Aries
Cher has Gemini rising, Mercury is in Aries
etc.

Last edited:

LeoCassandra

I wonder if you could guess my Ascendant

Attachments

• Obraz 123.jpg
    Obraz 123.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Obraz 076.jpg
    Obraz 076.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1336219275712.jpg
    1336219275712.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 67

Claire19

It all depends on the decanate, the ascendant ruler and the aspects to the ascendant as well as any planets in the 1st house. The descriptions are just general and cant be relied upon to pin point an ascendant.

byjove

Account Closed
It all depends on the decanate, the ascendant ruler and the aspects to the ascendant as well as any planets in the 1st house. The descriptions are just general and cant be relied upon to pin point an ascendant.

I quite agree, a lot of interpretations don't seem to take account of those things. All the most experienced astrologers that I've known told me to take those things into account.

I'm curious about the effects of the planetary contact with the 1st ruler or the ASC point itself - maybe Jupiter would indicate larger size (I've seen it conjunt the ASC for many overweight people) and I wonder about Mercury, perhaps smaller features? I'd like to know about each of them.