Is there a reason why I always feel like an outsider in groups of friends?

Quixotic

For as long as I can remember, I've never been a part of a group of friends. I've always been on the outside of groups. Friends with one or two people at a time, but never truly a part of a whole group. If I ever did find a group of friends it was through a romantic relationship and not one of my own making. Am I just meant to have light friendships and nothing deeper?

Attachments

• sydneychart.jpg
    sydneychart.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 91

7thGuardian

At first glance - you seem to be an introvert and introverts don't quite fit in group of friends, they feel more comfortable with one or two friends at their side.

Does this sound familiar: http://l-pawlik-kienlen.suite101.com/the-introvert-a13661 ^^

Furthermore - you have no planets in House 11 (the house related to friends), which could imply that having lots of friends doesn't seem to be an important aspect of your life... but even if it's empty - planetary transits will put you in a position where you could met all kinds of friends, it's just that your life won't revolve around friendship.

scorpittarian

Sun is the lord of your 11th, the house related to friends. Your Sun's in Capricorn in the 4th, an introverted feminine sign & house. The conjunction to Uranus indicates that you stand out among your friends or have friends that are somehow 'different'. The trine from Jupiter should've blessed you with plenty of friends but Jupiter is hidden in the 12th & what traditionalists would call in detriment. So it can't really do much.

IleneK

Premium Member
For as long as I can remember, I've never been a part of a group of friends. I've always been on the outside of groups. Friends with one or two people at a time, but never truly a part of a whole group. If I ever did find a group of friends it was through a romantic relationship and not one of my own making. Am I just meant to have light friendships and nothing deeper?

Hi, Quixotic.

Another point to consider is that Chiron, the Wounded Healer, is located in the 11th house. So symbolically, this is a place where you may experience painful rejection. And since all the heavenly bodies embody their respective polarities, this is also the place of potentially your greatest healing. This alone, suggests to me that, no, you are not meant only to have light friendships.

Chiron is part of a planetary configuration in your chart that includes Venus and Saturn. Venus trine Chiron may refer to the ease with which you are brought to group friendship through romantic relationships. Saturn opposing Chiron may point to the isolation that you feel from group friendship, and I think that it is this opposition that may feel most painful to you.

I like 7thGuardian's comments about your introverted temperament. In addition, I would also suggest that all of your planets located below the horizon, as well as your Sun conjunct the IC, which is the most private point in the chart, reiterates your natural introversion and disinclination towards group friendship on some very fundamental and perhaps unconscious level.

However, returning to the Chiron-Venus-Saturn configuration, we see that natal Saturn also reaches out to trine your lovely Libra Ascendant. In this context, Saturn suggests that the 11th house matter may take some time to be resolved as you continue to mature into your Ascendant sign. So, it seems quite likely that if participation in a group friendship is something at you genuinely desire, there is no reason why it cannot come to pass. And as it does come to pass, it can represent a most profound healing for you.

virgo18

Yeah I say it is definitely Chiron in the 11th.

Sun in Capricorn in the 4th conjunct Uranus tell me that your friends are a little bit more mature and independent.

Also Saturn in your 5th can have some fault.

The ruler of your 1st house is un-aspected so you your life or decisions doesn't depend too much in outsider factors or people.

Your Sun conjunct the true node, so there will be few true friends, but for your whole life.

d00dle

with Libra:libra: as your rising, on the surface maybe you appear confident, attractive, and charming, but deep down you're very cautious and insecure (Capricorn:capricorn: sun). Because you are different from what you may appear to be, this combination tends to attract wrong people or not truly compatible.

retinoid

I don't see anything really except your Sun is very afflicted by the way you come across and your public image which tells me the way you are, is different than how you come across or how people perceive you. Or perhaps the way you are impedes you from functioning well on the outside. Emotionally this is NOT how you want to be. However, developing this side of yourself, which you should be able to do well is what will help you along your path. The spot light may not be something you should strive for...

d00dle

Charts with planets in the odd numbered houses are more extroverted and assertive individuals (you only have 3). Even numbered houses are introverted (and you have 7). again, most of your personal planets are in fire sign (some sort of conflicts here or things aren't seem like they appear).

Quixotic

I don't see anything really except your Sun is very afflicted by the way you come across and your public image which tells me the way you are, is different than how you come across or how people perceive you. Or perhaps the way you are impedes you from functioning well on the outside. Emotionally this is NOT how you want to be. However, developing this side of yourself, which you should be able to do well is what will help you along your path. The spot light may not be something you should strive for...

What type of afflictions do I have to my sun?

Quixotic

with Libra:libra: as your rising, on the surface maybe you appear confident, attractive, and charming, but deep down you're very cautious and insecure (Capricorn:capricorn: sun). Because you are different from what you may appear to be, this combination tends to attract wrong people or not truly compatible.

Whats actually very curious. I don't identify with my Capricorn sun hardly at all. I'm much more in tune with my strong Sagittarius inner planets.

IleneK

Premium Member
Doodle wrote: "<...> Because you are different from what you may appear to be,?

Whats actually very curious. I don't identify with my Capricorn sun hardly at all. I'm much more in tune with my strong Sagittarius inner planets.

I think this may explain Doodle's point above. You are very different than you appear because you are identifying with your Moon, to the exclusion of your Sun. Yet your Sun conjoins two powerful outer planets, Uranus and Neptune. Uranus declares your difference, your uniqueness, and Neptune both makes it hard for people to see you clearly and also for you to experience your true identity, your Sun, clearly. This is all very much amplified by a trine from Jupiter, even with Jupiter being in the 12th. Jupiter also transmits the 12th house's own unconscious, isolated qualities to your Sun.

Your Libran and Sagittarian qualities are displayed to the exclusion of your Capricorn Sun and also without your engagement with your North Node's Capricorn life calling. The prescription then may be to explore, grow to respect, and integrate your inherent Capricorn gifts, and to allow it to have a greater balance in your current Libra-Sag presentation. This greater authentic wholeness is a ticket to successful group participation.

wilsontc

Staff member
lot of Sag there.... to Quixotic

Quixotic,

You said:
I've always been on the outside of groups. Friends with one or two people at a time, but never truly a part of a whole group...Am I just meant to have light friendships and nothing deeper?

You have a lot of Sagittarius :)sagittarius:, expansion) energy, including Venus :)venus:, desire) and Moon :)moon:, people you are interested in), suggesting you desire to be open and free and look to be around open and free people. Sag is known as the bachelor(ette) sign, so hanging with one group for any length of time...not too likely.

Openly,

Tim

gen6k

Chiron 11th in whole signs?

Chiron in the 11th house: The problem areas are friends, hopes, and wishes. On the one hand, there could be difficulty having or holding on to friends, or a fear of crowds or groups. On the other hand, one may compulsively seek out friends (or join groups, especially groups that want to change society) in order to compensate for inner fears of loneliness. You might get more than your share of "friends" who take advantage and drain you. More often, you give to friends whether they want it or not because this gives you a feeling of control (Saturn).

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator from http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/chiron21.5.html]

Other than that it just seems like you want to "take them home and communicate with them"

If you want to get in to the whole signs thing, it might actually be with healing a specific wound where a major transit would occur. Maybe your mental-emotional energy is just not geared to it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quixotic

saturn the chart ruler in a night chart so he's out of sect, i've got the same thing so i understand. Also all mars mercury and the moon are combust then sun by antiscia

Saturns a cold planet so you won't feel close to anyone ever, you'll be by yourself most of the time figuring out the secrets of the world, you'll have melancholy and depressed states most of the time too.

Saturn being Occidental and on further latitude would also point to weight gain, so you're gonna have to work harder than others to keep the weight down.

Another thing is you'll feel like an orphan, feeling like you don't belong anywhere, being estranged from your family, this is all because of Saturn being the Chart Ruler and out of sect (being a day planet in a night chart)

Interesting. Now, what makes a chart ruler? I've heard many different interpretations, so I'm curious how you came to decision that Saturn is in fact my ruling planet?

StillOne

Furthering on what Wilson said, I find it interesting your Moon/Mars/Merc stellium in the 3rd house. So Sag Mars energies are blended here with your emotional and mental natures... It's in the 3rd house so this shows potentially how you communicate.

Here's some definitons:
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/moonmarsaspects.html
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/mercurymarsaspects.html

Sorry for cookbook descriptions but I don't know those particular placements and find them fascinating. I had to look them up. Do you identify with any of that?

Mercury (and possibly the Moon, although the orb is a bit wide) gets a square from Jupiter in the 12th... So that particular aspect could be "hidden" from you if you haven't contemplated it before or recognized it. Jupiter in the 12th is interesting, I wonder if you feel that isolating yourself to be beneficial in some way.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/mercuryjupiteraspects.html

Horus

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi Quixotic! Good to see you around again. :cool: The chart ruler is the ruler of the Ascendant, regardless of its condition. So yours is Venus.

Here's a little discussion on it by Alan Oken:
http://www.alanoken.com/newsletter/Mar08/Natal%20Chart%20Ruler.html

Not all astrologers agree with Okun the chart ruler is determined solely by the ruler of the ascendant. After all, the ascending point by itself is hardly of the greatest importance in the chart...

Horus

Not all astrologers agree with Okun the chart ruler is determined solely by the ruler of the ascendant. After all, the ascending point by itself is hardly of the greatest importance in the chart...

"Hardly"? So which point is of the "greatest importance" -in your opinion?

I'll agree that not all astrologers agree on everything or on any particular point, period! :lol: But generally, in most basic astrology books and websites (that I've read anyway), the ruler of the chart is the ruler of the 1st house cusp-- Oken is definitely not in the minority. I will, by no means, claim that it is the most important planet in someone's chart -it's not in mine.

Last edited:

Quixotic

Hi Quixotic! Good to see you around again. :cool: The chart ruler is the ruler of the Ascendant, regardless of its condition. So yours is Venus.

Here's a little discussion on it by Alan Oken:
http://www.alanoken.com/newsletter/Mar08/Natal Chart Ruler.html

Hey Horus :) Good to see you as well! And thank you for your input, as always. It's greatly appreciated. I've also heard the idea that Jupiter is my ruling planet; it being the only planet above the Horizon of my chart. What are your ideas on that?