Dominant Jupiter in 9th but no travel

Blackempress

It's strange to have a dominant Jupiter in Pisces in 9th & the native really hasn't travelled. She happens to be an inspiring teacher & has alot of interest in travelling but doesn't exactly have alot of international travel as might be expected. What's gone wrong?

Attachments

• Jupi.jpg
    Jupi.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

dr. farr

I have both Mercury and Sun in my natal 9th house, and my travels have been very minimal; long distance travel is only one potential significance of the 9th house (which in Vedic astrology is considered a house of almost as great importance as the 1st/ascendant!!) Of course my 9th is under Taurus, fixed earth, so that elemental consideration certainly might play a role; however, in the reference chart Jupiter is in mutable water, which would tend to favor "movements" (journeys) , and Jupiter is also elementally connected with air (moving qualities again) So, I can't see exactly why long journeys have been rare in this person's case, except that in her case perhaps the energy went into other significations of the 9th house other than the affinity to long journeys.

(Note: Jupiter is in a late degree of the sign/house; perhaps journeys will become more a part of her later life-if she is still young or middle aged at this time)

waybread

The 9th house also rules "armchair" travel, in the sense that it is all about expanding one's mental horizons. We can expand our mental horizons by travel, but also through reading works of literature, studying philosophy, or theology. Traditionally this was the house of "the god" or simply "God." The 9th seems to rule theology in a conventional sense; unlike the 12th which seems to include mysticism.

That Mercury-Jupiter conjunct the MC looks super for a teacher. Probably she expands her students' mental horizons, as well.

Possibly Chiron in the 9th opposite Pluto in the third house of short-distance travel suggests some actual fear of leaving her familiar neighbourhood. But that moon in Taurus could be quite a home-body, as the moon is one representation of the home, and Taurus is the fixed earth sign.

It is hard to tell where the 9th house cusp is, but if it's at 0 degrees Pisces, I note that its modern ruler Neptune is involved in a T-square with the moon, so the mere presence of Jupiter in a sign wouldn't necessarily counter-act other chart factors.

Frisiangal

Hi,
You used the words 'inspiring teacher' and this would definitely seem to fit a strong Pisces influence. My first teacher of astrology was a Pisces Sun/Sagittarius rising who was able to make astrology 'live' rather than be a theoretical exercise. Had it been only theory, my interest would not have been aroused in the manner it was. The greatest inspirational influence in my astrological life appeared the day that tr. Jupiter crossed my 9th house cusp, in the form of a well-known astro. teacher (Pisces rising if I remember correctly )who gave a seminar on astrology's influence in terms of health.
The Pisces influence in both was able to take the metaphysical aspect of astrology and give it a reality that my Earthy 9th house could 'grasp' and see physically at work.

With Jupiter, ruler of 6th house, in Pisces conjunct MC, your subject may teach within the metaphysical/mystical realm in a similar manner. There is the strong Earth influence from Moon trine Pluto to Neptune in the 5th house. She might use material substances (crystals, flower essences etc.) to show the 'spiritual' energies they possess, rather than teach mundane subjects like chemistry or how to swim. Reiki and Yoga exercises often show a strong Neptune influence in how to work with 'intangible' energy in a 9th house 'healing process', yet the energies could also manifest in a darned good physical healer. Chiron in Pisces can suggest shamanic abilities; it can be reclusive, more self-sacrificially associated with 'helping the helpless' and, possibly through own physical disability, be more suggestive of the healing of inner wounds. The outer expression of religious/spiritual beliefs are obviously in the right place in the 9th house.

The 9th house is where foresight occurs. Psychic and mediumistic
tendencies could find a manner to express themselves, especially with the strong Aries energy which could find manifestation through a spiritualistic rather than mundane 'desire' level. The Aries courage to follow one's convictions could be the wings that allow her to cross the tangible
borders and travel far beyond them.

I study and work with MEAN Black Moon Lilith, which is in Libra in the 4th house in the subject's chart. Do you know if she underwent situations in which she felt shunned and not treated as an equal by those closest to her, which led her on the path she has now 'travelled'?

Caro

it looks like it is on the MH to me. in the 10th h

also she is a 60's chick? so we forget that really it is only in the last couple of decades that the ability to travel has occurred. Economically and socially it was not possible to travel.

plenty of people in india with strong 9th h can not afford to travel.

waybread

Good point, Caro. There are plenty examples of poor and working-class people in Europe, through the mid-20th century, who never went further than a few towns away from their home during their entire lives. Even if they could afford to travel, they focused on other things.

So we have to look at the other meanings for the 9th house, as well. Possibly things like going to church, reading good books (for those who were literate), wondering about the meaning of life, and so on.

Blackempress

I have both Mercury and Sun in my natal 9th house, and my travels have been very minimal; long distance travel is only one potential significance of the 9th house (which in Vedic astrology is considered a house of almost as great importance as the 1st/ascendant!!) Of course my 9th is under Taurus, fixed earth, so that elemental consideration certainly might play a role; however, in the reference chart Jupiter is in mutable water, which would tend to favor "movements" (journeys) , and Jupiter is also elementally connected with air (moving qualities again) So, I can't see exactly why long journeys have been rare in this person's case, except that in her case perhaps the energy went into other significations of the 9th house other than the affinity to long journeys.

(Note: Jupiter is in a late degree of the sign/house; perhaps journeys will become more a part of her later life-if she is still young or middle aged at this time)

I kindda agree to that, but perhaps monetary issues might've blocked it. I counselled her that with the T-Uranus into 10, it might shake it up & get her moving. I'll count on the late-degree of Jupiter opinion here as well. She's in her late middle age now. Thanks for the ideas!

The 9th house also rules "armchair" travel, in the sense that it is all about expanding one's mental horizons. We can expand our mental horizons by travel, but also through reading works of literature, studying philosophy, or theology. Traditionally this was the house of "the god" or simply "God." The 9th seems to rule theology in a conventional sense; unlike the 12th which seems to include mysticism.

That Mercury-Jupiter conjunct the MC looks super for a teacher. Probably she expands her students' mental horizons, as well.

Possibly Chiron in the 9th opposite Pluto in the third house of short-distance travel suggests some actual fear of leaving her familiar neighbourhood. But that moon in Taurus could be quite a home-body, as the moon is one representation of the home, and Taurus is the fixed earth sign.

It is hard to tell where the 9th house cusp is, but if it's at 0 degrees Pisces, I note that its modern ruler Neptune is involved in a T-square with the moon, so the mere presence of Jupiter in a sign wouldn't necessarily counter-act other chart factors.

She is a home-body when it comes to personal relationships but quite childlike when it comes to tickling her fantasy around travel (and riches). I can't comment on the pluto opposition.
This indeed broadened 'MY Mental horizon'! :wink:

With Jupiter, ruler of 6th house, in Pisces conjunct MC, your subject may teach within the metaphysical/mystical realm in a similar manner. There is the strong Earth influence from Moon trine Pluto to Neptune in the 5th house. She might use material substances (crystals, flower essences etc.) to show the 'spiritual' energies they possess, rather than teach mundane subjects like chemistry or how to swim. Reiki and Yoga exercises often show a strong Neptune influence in how to work with 'intangible' energy in a 9th house 'healing process', yet the energies could also manifest in a darned good physical healer. Chiron in Pisces can suggest shamanic abilities; it can be reclusive, more self-sacrificially associated with 'helping the helpless' and, possibly through own physical disability, be more suggestive of the healing of inner wounds. The outer expression of religious/spiritual beliefs are obviously in the right place in the 9th house.

The 9th house is where foresight occurs. Psychic and mediumistic
tendencies could find a manner to express themselves, especially with the strong Aries energy which could find manifestation through a spiritualistic rather than mundane 'desire' level. The Aries courage to follow one's convictions could be the wings that allow her to cross the tangible
borders and travel far beyond them.

I study and work with MEAN Black Moon Lilith, which is in Libra in the 4th house in the subject's chart. Do you know if she underwent situations in which she felt shunned and not treated as an equal by those closest to her, which led her on the path she has now 'travelled'?

She teaches Psychology & practises as well. So that's the Piscean 'healing of inner wounds'. You can tell the profession from other areas as well, Venus :conjunct: Saturn in 8th, Moon-:trine: pluto etc. Personally I don't find much spirituality but possibly because I don't know her too intimately.
BML thought is interesting. I didn't get a chance to explore the deeper part of the past. There is nothing obvious but I'm assuming there is alot of 'buried' wealth esp with Pluto in a region of the siblings & Venus & Moon already have certain afflictions. Great thoughts.

it looks like it is on the MH to me. in the 10th h

also she is a 60's chick? so we forget that really it is only in the last couple of decades that the ability to travel has occurred. Economically and socially it was not possible to travel.

plenty of people in india with strong 9th h can not afford to travel.

Yea, 63 born. I'm guessing it could be a financial issue, especially since Travelling abroad is expensive for most people in the world, not just India. :)

Last edited:

Caro

India was just an eg. although Africa(with all the different countries) or China with its travel restrictions for natives would have been a better one. cos in india people do travel long distances by bus/train within the country.

maybe encourage her to travel/something related to her career though. some places she aspires to go to. eg the golden temple or the like. it might be life changing for her. Ie a one off once in a lifetime trip(if money an issue)

but actual travel not always necessary.

dhundhun

Jupiter is on CUSP of 10th and not in 9th. In this position it is never interpreted as Jupiter in 9th (with one exception, whole house will take it in 9th).

In Vedic also, it is in 10th.

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
Actually cadent Jupiter is the weakest traditional planet in this chart. The other planets are in stronger houses which rule other matters. The third house also rules intellectuals, and it it very strong in this horoscope. I can conclude here that the native is busy with other things and has not yet had time for long journeys. Eventually the native may travel, but cadent planets are slow to act if they ever do.

Blackempress

Jupiter is on CUSP of 10th and not in 9th. In this position it is never interpreted as Jupiter in 9th (with one exception, whole house will take it in 9th).

In Vedic also, it is in 10th.

Even if it in 10th wouldn't that create some 'work related journeys'?
Not sure if there has been a few or none at all though. I know she locally travels within the country but not abroad. :bandit:

Actually cadent Jupiter is the weakest traditional planet in this chart. The other planets are in stronger houses which rule other matters. The third house also rules intellectuals, and it it very strong in this horoscope. I can conclude here that the native is busy with other things and has not yet had time for long journeys. Eventually the native may travel, but cadent planets are slow to act if they ever do.

Oh! I thought it is strong especially since it connects with sun/mercury. The intellectual pursuits are a highlight of her life indeed so what you say 'being busy with other things' could be a huge possibility.

May I ask if this person has relocated from this Bright City?

Are you saying that in respect to Uranus? I don't know the history of relocation but she's been in the same place for over 25 years.

JerryRR

The reason I ask,is she a twin?
On the Read My Chart Forum,thread "Multiple Planets exalted..."-you posted a chart same date 12 minutes earlier.Asc 7 Cancer Mc 26 Pisces,Jupiter 10th.
The chart on this thread Mc 0 Aries,Neptune/Mc.

Did you ascertain strong Jupiter employing Lilly Strengths?

Jupiter close to Fixed Star Scheat.

J.R.

Blackempress

The reason I ask,is she a twin?
On the Read My Chart Forum,thread "Multiple Planets exalted..."-you posted a chart same date 12 minutes
Did you ascertain strong Jupiter employing Lilly Strengths?
Jupiter close to Fixed Star Scheat.

J.R.

Good observation. No actually it is the same chart but I find the Aries MC more fitting than Pisces. The time in most places is rounded off instead of being stated accurately so I tried self calibrating. The purpose is to learn the presentation, atleast for me.
I don't have much knowledge on Lily or the other fixed stars.

Blackempress

That's not true and you are just trying to manipulate interpretation to justify something.

I'm trying to grasp the concept of the presentation. Does that then mean that if the MC or 10th is in saggitarius it would also not really relate to travel since the planet (Jupiter) isn't 'doing the job' either?

tokyo.lights

It's strange to have a dominant Jupiter in Pisces in 9th & the native really hasn't travelled. She happens to be an inspiring teacher & has alot of interest in travelling but doesn't exactly have alot of international travel as might be expected. What's gone wrong?
This sounds like me:biggrin: The desire is there but sometimes you can't. For me I have too many obligations (people dependent on me, I have relatives with special needs) to be able to travel as I please. I'm also trying to save up to buy my dream home so throwing 1000s away on vacations isn't realistic right now. We can still dream though:cool: