Eclipse Aspects

erinj

Hello

I don't know much about eclipses except if they hit areas in natal charts they are significant however what aspects are significant: are trines or sextiles used in analysis? I see tight orbs are used as well.

kimbermoon

Hello

I don't know much about eclipses except if they hit areas in natal charts they are significant however what aspects are significant: are trines or sextiles used in analysis? I see tight orbs are used as well.

In general, Eclipses can be Harbingers of Change, especially if they occur near to a planet in the birth chart...for the most part people are unaware of the influences of an eclipse because many times no overt events occur...the changes are largely subconscious in nature. Events may occur down the road a bit, however, if transiting planets activate the 'Hot Zone' of where a recent eclipse occurred. Solar eclipses represent a 'supercharged new moon' with the potential for new doors of understanding to open up and this is the time for individuals to make plans for the coming weeks ahead...the planting time, so to speak. A Lunar eclipse [Sun in opposition to the Moon] is a more emotionally oriented event of polarity and contradiction; this often respresents a crisis point, where one can take either advantage of making changes with new awareness, or resort back to the their own ruts and learn nothing...

The aspects can be informative as to whether the outcome will be more positive, or negative, in nature...my personal website entitled the Mystikvale offers a diversity of information that is specifically oriented to Moon sign astrology...here I offer an updated news about the Lunar calendar and significant events for a given month...as well as a free Lunar profile: my site is listed under Recommendations

lilithofeden

This up coming lunar eclipse will be trined my natal moon by 0 degrees! Wonder what'll happen? My natal moon is in the second house under Libra where-as the eclipse will be in my tenth house. It's also squared my ASC by -1 degrees. hmmmmm

JUPITERASC

Bernadette Brady says that in predictive astrology eclipses can give very mixed outcomes because often they seem to vary dramatically from one eclipse to another.

Astrologers often examine the chart of a particular eclipse. But each seemingly isolated eclipse belongs to a larger pattern because each eclipse is a member of a family and each family of eclipses has particular characteristics.

Interesting results can be achieved by stepping back and looking beyond the individual level to the larger cyclic playing field of life. :smile:

MaeMae

Banned
'tis true that things come later down the road.
internal events precede external events.
the aquarius/leo eclipses a couple years back really showed it's face in my life, first conj/my 6' sun aquarius, then conj/opposed my 24' uranus leo ~ chart ruler. a very difficult year of short lived and generally bad couplings for the most part. it was assisted by a concurrent transit of uranus conj. natal venus. unforseen losses of "stuff" and short lived and overblown love affairs. complete disintegration of old self, relationship patterns and possessions.
i can honestly say that i'm not the same person i was 2 years ago, nor will i ever look at relationships in the same way.
this recent solar eclipse in sag. opposes my natal moon 3' gemini. the verdict is still out on this one, however with moon ruling my 12th house, i am already sensing the need to retreat on a grand scale. not feeling sociable and preferring silence over music, which is a connection to and reflection of, my emotions usually. so i wonder if i'm tuning out on an emotional level or just delving deeper with silence? chiron return at 0' pisces in 8th might be crystalize this orientation, as well, the solar eclipse formed t-square with natal pluto/nn conj. and natal moon-pluto square.
i've tried practicing meditation in past, with difficulty, but i'm likely to give it another go. seems like it would be a good time.

Last edited:

tootsie

The sign that the eclipse falls is impt., the ruling planet of that sign will be the ruler of the eclipse. But, if the eclipse is conj a natal planet or within 3 deg. of that planet....then that planet is your personal ruler for the eclipse. Also, previous eclipses can have a life as long as 3 or 4 yrs. and are activated by other planets transiting over the degree of the eclipse. Mars activates things with about a week, sun a few days and Saturn is the end of the issues. You will want to look @ the house where the eclipse falls in which shows the flavor of the changes to come. Some people may never really feel the affects of an eclipse...it depends on your natal chart.

Many astrologers look @ different countries natal charts and the eclipse to predict different changes and events. Also, from what I've read an eclipse is more significant if you are in a location where you can actually see it.
T:cool:

unique_astrology

The eclipse had a place in the "Shock and Awe" chart in Iraq.
y3YlP.gif

JUPITERASC

George Bush and Tony Blair were instrumental in orchestrating that attack - the following are a few of the contacts to their natal charts from both these events (ie the eclipse as well as the attack)

the eclipse is conj George Bush's natal nodes

the eclipse Moon trines George Bush's natal Jupiter

At the time of the attack TMoon conj not only Tony Blair's Saturn but also George Bush's natal IC and natal Mercury

George Bush's natal Saturn conjuncts Tony Blair's IC

Tony Blair's natal Saturn conjuncts George Bush's natal IC and natal Mercury - opposing George Bush's MC

TVenus at time of the attack opposes George Bush's natal Venus

Tretrograde Jupiter at time of the attack conjuncts George Bush's natal ascendant as well as natal Mercury

TMars at time of the attack trines George Bush's natal Mars

TSaturn at time of the attack opposes Tony Blair's natal Mercury while squaring George Bush's natal Saturn

Tony Blair's natal Mercury is conjunct George Bush's MC

If not available on your astrological software database, then both Tony Blair and George Bush's charts are easily available at numerous locations online :smile:
The eclipse had a place in the "Shock and Awe" chart in Iraq.
y3YlP.gif