your help pls: how do I appease Neptune?

suimui10

It has been a long miserable T Nept transit during which Nept is stuck in the right degrees squaring my stellium in the 10th house (Sun, Merc, Nept).
It seems no matter what other transits I have this one erodes the ground with negativity. I mean I'm in a no man's land, literally "bad" people are the only type of people I get to meet, I'm emotionally vulnerable and wounded, physically a wreck, financially at my wit's end (lost my job and career and have been unable to find something else as of yet), and mentally I'm going nuts. :crying:
It's been a very long dark transit and things are not changing despite my best efforts. I tried to go with the flow and I tried to get back to my go-getting mood. Nothing works. No light in the end of this tunnel.
Help pls? Any suggestions how to best deal with this square? I'll try anything. I'm that desperate. :pouty:

thanks in advance
Sui

PS: Anyone wanna see the whole chart, let me know. I do NOT request a chart read though. However, I know that it's helpful to be able to look at the whole picture. Just let me know. Thx.

JerryRR

Suggest reading.

The Neptune Effect,by Patricia Morimando.
The Astrology of Self-Discovery,by Tracy Marks.
This has a Neptune Worksheet,coping with confusion,page 177.
Astrology and Spiritual Development,by Donna Cunningham.
The Gods of Change,by Howard Sasportas.

J. :)

tikana

lets see the chart

tnx

It has been a long miserable T Nept transit during which Nept is stuck in the right degrees squaring my stellium in the 10th house (Sun, Merc, Nept).
It seems no matter what other transits I have this one erodes the ground with negativity. I mean I'm in a no man's land, literally "bad" people are the only type of people I get to meet, I'm emotionally vulnerable and wounded, physically a wreck, financially at my wit's end (lost my job and career and have been unable to find something else as of yet), and mentally I'm going nuts. :crying:
It's been a very long dark transit and things are not changing despite my best efforts. I tried to go with the flow and I tried to get back to my go-getting mood. Nothing works. No light in the end of this tunnel.
Help pls? Any suggestions how to best deal with this square? I'll try anything. I'm that desperate. :pouty:

thanks in advance
Sui

PS: Anyone wanna see the whole chart, let me know. I do NOT request a chart read though. However, I know that it's helpful to be able to look at the whole picture. Just let me know. Thx.

suimui10

Thank you so much for your attention, guys, Jerry, 07 and Tik.
I'll be checking out the books but I must confess I can't afford to buy any at the moment. Looking for free content - maybe just a sample book chapter via the kindle interface.
Per your request, Tikana, I am attaching my chart.
I can see what is going on (I'm pretty good at deciphering my chart) but expert eyes can see things I never noticed that might help me in how to deal with this bad guy, Neptune. I've read a similar older thread btw so pls no need to suggest that I do so. Mostly, I'd like to know what to do. I'm not only confused but also demoralized and disappointed to my core. My Saggie Sun and Taurus Moon do not like this Neptunean obscurity. I do feel like I'm spinning my wheels every time I try to initialize some kind of effort. Then what? Am I supposed to stay unemployed (for instance) until I'm old enough to go on retirement? I'm in agony, you see. There must be a way to forge ahead despite all this fog. If you see how, even if you only have a little suspicion, pls let me know.

with thanks,
Sui

PS: Many Thanks (once again) to Miquar who encouraged me to basically admit defeat and ask for help. :eek:

Attachments

• Suimui1-_NatalTransits_Sept72011.gif
    Suimui1-_NatalTransits_Sept72011.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

JerryRR

I empathize,for some Neptune is about as welcome as a farttt in a spacesuit.
Have you considered doing some voluntary work?
May I ask what Tarot Card you associate with Neptune?

Take this kiss upon the brow!
And,in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow-
You are not wrong,who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night,or in a day,
In a vision,or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

Edgar Allen Poe.

J. :)

suimui10

Thanks for the chuckle, Jerry, and the very on-point E.A.Poe poem. I couldn't agree more on how "desired" this Neptune square is. :biggrin:
Interesting question about the tarot card associated with Neptune: I would think the High Priestess is all about the Neptunian fog, evasion, spiritualism, secrecy, internal focus and intuition. At the same time, the High Priestess is all about revelation or bringing to light what has been an esoteric work for a while. Think of "still waters run deep" and you get the picture of High Priestess, a female Pisces figure. :andy:

Inconjunct

Well, the first and most important thing to bear in mind is that nothing lasts forever, and while Neptune does go back and forth over these points during 2012 and early 2013, it does move on eventually around May 2013.

Secondly, transits refer to events, people and situations in the external world, not internal events. For those, you need to look to progressions. Forewarned is therefore forearmed, and if you know something's coming you can act on that information.

Thirdly, squares suggest action not inertia. You're going to have to get off your butt, stop maundering about how mean the planets are being to you and DO something to make a change.

What that something might be is probably suggested by your Sun. Sagittarius is a future-oriented sign, also one that can step back and see the big picture. I would strongly suggest you draw on your natural Sagittarian tendency to be philosophical in order to deal with this square, get it in some perspective as per its place in your personal future and start looking to the far horizons - where do you want to be once this transit is over, and what can you put in place now to start the ball rolling.

suimui10

Thanks, Inconjunct, you reminded me that in my progressed chart there is a packed 12th house too... (I will attach it.)
I agree with you on the point about action and this is exactly one of the things I am being held back on during this transits. Everything I tried failed to last. For instance, on the job/career front, I have made several moves that were successful for 3 to 6 months and then suddenly and unceremoniously failed or ceased to exist. Granted, I am wetting my feet in a (almost) new direction and a long-standing dream of mine, which I felt it is about time to see it coming true. But I keep getting refused and denied and rejected and in general my Sun is just held in a corner. Spinning my wheels is how it has been felt like. To the point that I wonder if I'm supposed to "sit back" and "let it flow" whatever this means. This "roll with it" idea is foreign to this go-getting fiery overactive Saggie with a Mars in the 1st house. You understand.
Your last paragraph gives me a clear focus and THANK you for that! I will read it a few times over until it truly sinks. I know I have to find the meaning behind this adversity. I've been through bad times before but I always had ONE thing going well and kind of seeing me through, whereas now it's been like EVERYTHING is demolished and nothing stands to reason, absolutely nothing, all aspects of my life have been destroyed viciously before my very eyes and if I do as much as try to resurrect any of them I get one more slap on the face. Disappointment and failure across the board. Not nice.

Thanks for your post very much - I appreciate it. Especially the insistence that I keep up the ACTION regardless the failure. Gosh, I was never one to quit easily (Taurus moon is a staying power!) but during this transit I feel like I lost all hope and faith and the motivation or go-getting fire I used to have!

Sui

Attachments

• Suimui1-_NatalTransitsProgressions_Sept102011.jpg
    Suimui1-_NatalTransitsProgressions_Sept102011.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thank you so much for your attention, guys, Jerry, 07 and Tik.
I'll be checking out the books but I must confess I can't afford to buy any at the moment. Looking for free content - maybe just a sample book chapter via the kindle interface. [have you checked out our Recommendations forum for books, software and all sorts of stuff]
Per your request, Tikana, I am attaching my chart.
I can see what is going on (I'm pretty good at deciphering my chart) but expert eyes can see things I never noticed that might help me in how to deal with this bad guy, Neptune. I've read a similar older thread btw so pls no need to suggest that I do so. Mostly, I'd like to know what to do. I'm not only confused but also demoralized and disappointed to my core. My Saggie Sun and Taurus Moon [ouch quincunx 150' - in opposition aspect]do not like this Neptunean obscurity. I do feel like I'm spinning my wheels every time I try to initialize some kind of effort. Then what? Am I supposed to stay unemployed (for instance) until I'm old enough to go on retirement? I'm in agony, you see. There must be a way to forge ahead despite all this fog. If you see how, even if you only have a little suspicion, pls let me know.

PS: Many Thanks (once again) to Miquar who encouraged me to basically admit defeat and ask for help. :eek:
You know what they say about neptune square neptune ---- mid life crisis :w00t:

T Neptune square sun, you may need to sleep a lot more to get through this. So Saggi rules 11th, sun rules 7th and neptune rules 2nd house. So all these houses and matters relating to them need adjustment. Sacrifices being the keyword for neptune - 11th friends? have you seen friends dissolve, disappear? Neptune in first isn't that noticeable until it makes an aspect to something within your chart or an angle..

neptune conj MC is nothing new to you and can be hard to handle unless of course you are clairvoyant/medium on stage

Neptune quincunx Saturn is 'generational' whereby ideals, aspirations, fantasies are challenged to birth them into reality, cold light of day saturn, structure hard work. these two don't get along or blend well and really don't understand each other

I notice T Uranus is within 1' or chiron. What happened when T Jupiter was conj apex Saturn for your YOD?? middle June.

Another antidote to Neptune is music, as it soothes the soul, try meditating or learning. Sit in development circle to develop your psychic abilities.

Well, the first and most important thing to bear in mind is that nothing lasts forever, and while Neptune does go back and forth over these points during 2012 and early 2013, it does move on eventually around May 2013.

Secondly, transits refer to events, people and situations in the external world, not internal events.[I might have to challenge that idea] For those, you need to look to progressions. Forewarned is therefore forearmed, and if you know something's coming you can act on that information.

Thirdly, squares suggest action not inertia. You're going to have to get off your butt, stop maundering about how mean the planets are being to you and DO something to make a change.

What that something might be is probably suggested by your Sun. Sagittarius is a future-oriented sign, also one that can step back and see the big picture. I would strongly suggest you draw on your natural Sagittarian tendency to be philosophical in order to deal with this square, get it in some perspective as per its place in your personal future and start looking to the far horizons - where do you want to be once this transit is over, and what can you put in place now to start the ball rolling.

For sure progressions are internal matters, but when prog Asc or MC conj a natal planets that planet can become externalised for a time.

Now transits definately over Angles I would say are external, but mostly others are expereinced as internal.

everyone handles their mid life crisis differently, by trying to regain their youth, go drinking more even clubbing, but that's not what neptune is asking or demands. It's like quick sand, finding who you are, finding your niche and position in life, where you have come from to this point and where are you heading next.... I can see this as confusing. Nothing is sure, you need that does of saturn and reality to ground yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHcLQoVyyU

Thanks, Inconjunct, you reminded me that in my progressed chart there is a packed 12th house too... (I will attach it.)
[did you notice your progressed MC conj T Pluto?]

I agree with you on the point about action and this is exactly one of the things I am being held back on during this transits. Everything I tried failed to last. For instance, on the job/career front, I have made several moves that were successful for 3 to 6 months and then suddenly and unceremoniously failed or ceased to exist. Granted, I am wetting my feet in a (almost) new direction and a long-standing dream of mine, which I felt it is about time to see it coming true. But I keep getting refused and denied and rejected and in general my Sun is just held in a corner. Spinning my wheels is how it has been felt like. To the point that I wonder if I'm supposed to "sit back" and "let it flow" whatever this means. This "roll with it" idea is foreign to this go-getting fiery overactive Saggie with a Mars in the 1st house. You understand.

Sui
maybe parts of your ego/pride SUN needs reshaping? In approx 5months time prog moon will be conj MC this could herald a fresh start and new beginning... your prog MC has changed from fixed (scorpio) to cardinal Cappi which really wants status recognition and practical endevours.prog venus is absolutely conj 12th house cusp and is going into a cadent/hidden house like where your sun has been for past 4years (Equal house)

your prog mercury is JUST changing signs into airy Aquarius now from firey Saggi. so maybe this internal mental shift will become more obvious over next few months

Yours is a difficult chart with all those quincunxs as I've often found these types seem to be 'searching' eternally for answers, to the meaning of life and espec saggi is a perpetual student. so why not try learning something more esoteric?

suimui10

Hi a50, and how are you? :D

Thanks for offering your insight.
Mid-June this summer was good - I don't remember any big event other than I made good significant progress on some writing I have been doing. Sat in my 3rd likes me to write for sure.
Yes, it is a midlife crisis and I've read a lot on this and I know it's not one isolated transit. I do need strategies for surviving it though as I currently have nothing (or very little) going for me.
I don't do drinking, smoking, drugs, etc. so clubbing is out of the question. Any other ways to appease Mr.Nept?

Thanks!
Sui :)

suimui10

maybe parts of your ego/pride SUN needs reshaping? In approx 5months time prog moon will be conj MC this could herald a fresh start and new beginning... your prog MC has changed from fixed (scorpio) to cardinal Cappi which really wants status recognition and practical endevours.prog venus is absolutely conj 12th house cusp and is going into a cadent/hidden house like where your sun has been for past 4years (Equal house)

your prog mercury is JUST changing signs into airy Aquarius now from firey Saggi. so maybe this internal mental shift will become more obvious over next few months

Yours is a difficult chart with all those quincunxs as I've often found these types seem to be 'searching' eternally for answers, to the meaning of life and espec saggi is a perpetual student. so why not try learning something more esoteric?

Wow, a lot of food for thought here.
One of the shifts over this transit is the "esoteric" aspect that you mentioned. I have a PhD in the sciences so yes I guess I have been looking for the truth "out there" but I do have a strong spiritual side which came up more strongly right from the beginning of this transit with my strong interest in tarot and astrology. But I tend to look at things deeply and get to the bone of them and then I need to move on (Merc sex Uranus) so it's time for something new and I have no clue what that can be. I'd like to delve more into dreams and the afterlife/spirits etc. as I have had some experience in these areas in recent years but not many opportunities to study those in my current location.
BTW, I though my P Moon will never come in close orb to my MC during this lifetime. Are you saying that in 5months it will come close enough? That's fantastic! :D

suimui10

A50, I need some info on what P Venus in the 12th house means?
It seems my 12th becomes very prominent in my progressed chart. So very strong Piscean/Neptunian elements all around. Sigh - how do I make USE of this energy? Right now I barely function so I'm not handling it successfully. :-/

gemini59

I looked at how transiting Saturn affects not the sun but natal saturn and moon/neptune.

Natally Neptune and sun as well as mercury have energies that have combined.

The inconjunction to saturn from sun and mercury create an 'illness' or need for adjustment.
Neptune so close to the suns energy combines with it...it will be affected.
Neptune in square to sun is a challenge to the stellium (though Neptune in another sign might bring it in question). However, this energy is recognized and can be easily incorporated by sun and mercury.

Sun is strong in sagitarius but your natal mercury is in fall and weakened by its position. Neptune I suspect would also be weakened by your very strong sun. Thus the transiting square would have the most affect on your natal mercury...mind. But again this is a challenge that is incorporated from natal energy.

T-Neptune is in easy sextile to Saturn but Natal neptune to natal saturn is not an easy energy. Thus the transit is awakening an uneasy energy between your natal optimism, vision and mind to the practical materialistic peregrine saturn in Taurus. Saturn rules your 12th of self-undoing too.

Of more import possibly is the dynamic of your exalted natal moon in opposition to natal Neptune. Transiting Neptune energizes this. This may be the core of your issues.

Neptune opposing exalted moon in creates a swinging back and forth on the 4/10 axis. Moon is practical in Taurus, looking for comforts, happy in its dwelling versus Neptune in the deeply eruptive and psychological Scorpio. Maybe a dream of something else?

The square will naturally reawaken this challenge. Here a challenge is a chance to incorporate the duality. Through Neptune (larger social issues, Humanitarisn and larger picture transits your first house of self-image, personality and ego as well as health.

First, as transiting neptune is in your first house, this might bring about some affect on how you are 'appearing' to others. Thus job interviews may not come off as you imagine. This is where you need feed back from others.
You have had a bit of an emotional challenge. I would look too at your solars.

As the neptune transit retrogrades this energy is reawakened. However as it moves out of Aquarius back into Pisces this enegy combination will resolve.

See how Transiting Neptune creates a T-square with natal neptune and moon. Tension in this energy. The polarity point of the T-sqaure is often the outlet and can be the outlet of this energy. This would be Leo in the 7th house of open enemies, marriage and partnerships. Has anything happened in connection to partnerships, law suits, divorce? etc.?
Interesting to note by progression Mercury is at 0 degrees of Aquarius in the 12th house. almost an understanding or reflection of the Aquarius energy that Neputune has challenged in you.

As Neptune directs back into Pisces the challenge will be different. It will be about following your dream versus Reality and the balance of this. It is also a call to be careful. Saturn inconjunct sun is potentially about illness affecting bones...and those things that are a long time coming so to speak. Thus the call is to take care of your self while balancing this energy.

The call of the T-square might be in Leo...loyalty seeking out activities of Leo type ie acting, and anything thing of refinement ornementation. Places would be parks, woods ,where wild things are:), allow for expression of self.

Last edited:

suimui10

Alright - here's what I just found out about P Venus in the 12th (http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookTransitsBook12.htm):

By Progression

If Venus progresses into the 12th House, it is likely that the circumstances of a person’s life will require him to give much and expect little in return. Depending upon the age at which the transit occurs it may indicate a need to share or forgo a parent’s love, or it may indicate, that within his personal relationships, a person has to work hard and sacrifice his own pleasures and desires for the partners. Where this is the case there is usually a great willingness to take a supportive role in an attempt to make the rela*tionship more meaningful.

When operating through the House of Pisces, Venus makes a person yearn to connect to another at a soul level and to give love the very highest expression of which he is capable.

This yearning may eventually lead a person to Divine rather than human love.

Now, this is part of my current drama at home. I have sacrificed my freedom independence and very existence for taking care of my aging parents. IT was not a conscious decision - it was the avalanche of a number of events that led me to this point. And I desperate want to get my life back before it's too late. My parents are stubborn and they hardly admit that they need help so they don't appreciate my role, a role I found myself in almost by accident. They don't want this, they don't recognize this, neither do they appreciate it and sure enough I don't want this sacrifice either.

Hi a50, and how are you? :D

Thanks for offering your insight.
Mid-June this summer was good - I don't remember any big event other than I made good significant progress on some writing I have been doing. Sat in my 3rd likes me to write for sure.
Yes, it is a midlife crisis and I've read a lot on this and I know it's not one isolated transit. I do need strategies for surviving it though as I currently have nothing (or very little) going for me.
I don't do drinking, smoking, drugs, etc. so clubbing is out of the question. Any other ways to appease Mr.Nept?

Thanks!
Sui :)
there you go, you answered your own question. Day dreaming, be creative, write, you could sell your stories. Practise, take a course on creative writing and how to sell them. meditate, get your subconscious mind involved

gemini59

Creative and fifth house or Leo issues fits with the T-square creation of Neptune square natal moon/Neptune. It is also a call for more partnerships...people to help you.

Your mercury progression in the 12th does show an increase in interest in those who are shut in.

Wow, a lot of food for thought here.
One of the shifts over this transit is the "esoteric" aspect that you mentioned. I have a PhD in the sciences so yes I guess I have been looking for the truth "out there" but I do have a strong spiritual side which came up more strongly right from the beginning of this transit with my strong interest in tarot and astrology. But I tend to look at things deeply and get to the bone of them and then I need to move on (Merc sex Uranus) so it's time for something new and I have no clue what that can be. I'd like to delve more into dreams and the afterlife/spirits etc[ sit in a devlopment circle, contact your local spiritualist church, that's an ideal thing for neptune]. as I have had some experience in these areas in recent years but not many opportunities to study those in my current location.
BTW, I though my P Moon will never come in close orb to my MC during this lifetime. Are you saying that in 5months it will come close enough? That's fantastic! :D
prog moon like transiting saturn takes 2.5years to go around the zodiac, so yes every 28 years it will conj something in that cycle..:biggrin:

A50, I need some info on what P Venus in the 12th house means?
It seems my 12th becomes very prominent in my progressed chart. So very strong Piscean/Neptunian elements all around. Sigh - how do I make USE of this energy? Right now I barely function so I'm not handling it successfully. :-/

venus here will probably get more pleasure in privacy communing with oneself. pleasure in making that connection with your subconscious/inner child and/or working with spirit even...

Alright - here's what I just found out about P Venus in the 12th (http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoundation/BookTransitsBook12.htm):
how very apt to your circumstances. 12th does tend to dissolve and require sacrifices for self and others

Last edited: