The Ascendant

Imagine you have in front of yourself a person who doesn't know his\her time of birth, but is willing to be fully cooperative in discovering it.

What questions would you ask this person?

For e.g. is your emotional life mainly concerned with work? (Moon in 10th house)
Do you find expression of your identity thorough creativity and sports? (Sun in 5th house)
Are you concerned with the details? (Sun in 6th house)

Imagine you have in front of yourself a person who doesn't know his\her time of birth, but is willing to be fully cooperative in discovering it.

For e.g. is your emotional life mainly concerned with work? (Moon in 10th house)
Do you find expression of your identity thorough creativity and sports? (Sun in 5th house)

Air on Ascendant talks a lot, unless saturn is conj. All earth walk very sturdily, Fire wants to act first think later, water offers tea and sympathy and is emotional/sensistive..

Ascendant physical traits
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

Ascendant sign research
http://www.cafeastrology.com/risingsignsascendant.html
http://astrology.findyourfate.com/astrology-ascendant.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/angles.html
http://moonvalleyastrologer.com/zodia_sign.htm
http://www.astrologyzine.com/what-are-rising-sign-traits.shtml
http://www.alwaysastrology.com/rising-signs.html
http://www.astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html
http://www.forrestastrology.com/Audio-and-Video/The-Ascendant-Workshop-MP3
http://www.starslikeyou.com.au/star-files/ascendant/aries.php

You can listen to author Jodie Forrest here describe Ascendants and planets in first house, even buy her audio on the subject
Just briefly, according to member Kannon [Cardinal signs are more rounded. Fixed signs are rectangular or blocky. Mutable signs are longish or narrow]
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28315

ThunderGoddess

Well, first of all I'll check the natal chart without the ascendant, so I can see which influences I have before me. Manners and the way of behaving are very very important for me, more than the questions, I mean. For example is he using his hands while talking (probably enthusiastic kido like Gemini) or he/she stands like a tree (no offence here for some people). Then I will have doubts about particular signs. And then I will ask things that person which the sign I am supposing they have as AC has as characteristics, but there are no other influence in the horoscope before me indicating such characteristics for this person. So ... if they say yes, I try the chart with that sign - I look everything critically to see if it fits, or there is something bothering me. If there is, I continue with the questions. But it's just a hobby, I am not going to be pro. :biggrin: So I can afford that. And with every person I am making my method better and better.

Raquel

1. How do other people see you?
2. How would you describe yourself ?
3. What kind of exercise do you like?

1.I don't know how people see me, but when i'm a new ambient I'm shy and I'm always alert and observing. When i met new people I always analyze their ways of talking and the things they say. But I'm very sympathetic.

2. I'm insecure, i'm very unstable emotionally, very irritating and nervous, I had an amazing relationship with my mother (but she died), i'm not popular, but i'm a litle bit stubborn and like to have things in control. I cry a lot but I don't like people see me crying, and every story even when is not close to me, touches me deeply and makes me think about life. I like to write a lot. I'm very very very jealous and a bit possessive... Homeless and other stuff hurts me... one time, I saw a woman with a baby begging for money, I entered in the supermarket and I bought so many things, than, I came to her and asked her if she wanted, she says yes with so sad eyes, I embrace her and started crying, I gave her money too and I start running and crying.... I like decorative arts and I love to be at home.

3.I like to swim but i don't like to get tired... i don't do any sports... and I love to eat :)

My moon is Pisces and my sun in Libra... can you tell me what my ascendant is? Actually I'm not sure, I'm between two. :) Thank you

ebru

1.I don't know how people see me, but when i'm a new ambient I'm shy and I'm always alert and observing. When i met new people I always analyze their ways of talking and the things they say. But I'm very sympathetic.

2. I'm insecure, i'm very unstable emotionally, very irritating and nervous, I had an amazing relationship with my mother (but she died), i'm not popular, but i'm a litle bit stubborn and like to have things in control. I cry a lot but I don't like people see me crying, and every story even when is not close to me, touches me deeply and makes me think about life. I like to write a lot. I'm very very very jealous and a bit possessive... Homeless and other stuff hurts me... one time, I saw a woman with a baby begging for money, I entered in the supermarket and I bought so many things, than, I came to her and asked her if she wanted, she says yes with so sad eyes, I embrace her and started crying, I gave her money too and I start running and crying.... I like decorative arts and I love to be at home.

3.I like to swim but i don't like to get tired... i don't do any sports... and I love to eat :)

My moon is Pisces and my sun in Libra... can you tell me what my ascendant is? Actually I'm not sure, I'm between two. :) Thank you
Your ascendant is cancer:bandit:

Is all guessing until or unless you get a time from hospital records or you pay a professional on rectifying like our member Kannon. Until then you will only ever get have the story....

Ruka_5

Banned

Honestly? My first question would be, "Are you sure you've exhausted every other option as far as getting your birth time?" :lol:.

Raquel

In my birth certificate says at 2.30 am (Leo rising)

In some birth time rectifications that some people made me here I was born around 1.30am ( Leo Rising)

But to my G.mother I was born close to midnight (Cancer 29' degrees)

As you see... I think there's more chances to be a Leo rising... but I see myself much in Cancer traits....

:sideways: I hate this. lol Not knowing for sure... because the birth time registered by the hospital to me is not what it matters. what matters for rising sign is the moment of your first breath... and for sure doctors register the time when things are settled down... and more "quiet"... I would like an astrologer with experience in time rectifications, take a time studying my case:happy:

Rebel Uranian

I'd like that too, for you and for me. I am absolutely positive I'm Aquarius rising since I look it and act it, but if you can get quantitative proof, any kind of guess you can make, no matter how certain, is worthless. Also, consider aspects to both ascendants and the position of the rulers of both by house and sign when trying to determine your ascendant.

Just wondering, are you attracted to Capricorn or Aquarius people? That's usually the best way to prove which descendant and therefore ascendant you have, unless your self-esteem is just that low. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying it's a good way to tell only if it isn't.

Last edited:

m8pisces

M Ascendant is in Capricorn so thats mean my descendant is Cancer but to be honest i really dont like Cancer guys and they are totally unattrated to me becos Cancer guy usually look like a girl, too thin, too soft and weak, some of the cancer guys i know awkwardly act like a gay and thats definitely not my type( some Cancer girls are truly beautiful but everyone else see that too)
Actually i really like looking at Aquarius, Leo man and woman too becos they are **** sexy and have a strong, well-proportionned body, does that make Aquarius or Leo my descendant(or ascendant)? i dont think so

Raquel

I'd like that too, for you and for me. I am absolutely positive I'm Aquarius rising since I look it and act it, but if you can get quantitative proof, any kind of guess you can make, no matter how certain, is worthless. Also, consider aspects to both ascendants and the position of the rulers of both by house and sign when trying to determine your ascendant.

Just wondering, are you attracted to Capricorn or Aquarius people? That's usually the best way to prove which descendant and therefore ascendant you have, unless your self-esteem is just that low. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying it's a good way to tell only if it isn't.

I never dated Capricorns nor Aquarius... lol it's difficult to know... But I never liked so much the Capricorn personality... it's too cold and distant for me... but my best friend it's Capri rising... sometimes we shock, because she is very stubborn and want always to be right... but we love each other... and we've also had an affair in early teenage... eheheheh just kisses and hugs, before we started dating boys... eheh and she is a cancer sun. capri rising and virgo moon

m8pisces

I never dated Capricorns nor Aquarius... lol it's difficult to know... But I never liked so much the Capricorn personality... it's too cold and distant for me... but my best friend it's Capri rising... sometimes we shock, because she is very stubborn and want always to be right... but we love each other... and we've also had an affair in early teenage... eheheheh just kisses and hugs, before we started dating boys... eheh and she is a cancer sun. capri rising and virgo moon

it would be very surprising if u have a leo rising since your friend has a Capricorn Rising( like me :wink:), becos Capricorn hardly get along well with Leo, my best friend is a Cancer Rising (sometimes we got a fight)and other is Virgo Rising, u must be a Cancer rising

Kannon

The above linked article about rectification on forrest astrology's site has some good insights, but some misleading information based on his own blind spots, obviously not from intentional deception or stupidity. I take the client's major life events as they rate them - no matter how they are spaced or clustered. I don't cherry pick. Each specific event will relate to particular rulerships that can play out clearly by both transits and progressions. Those clustered events can be just as valuable as any that are spaced evenly. I also have been able to utilize the transiting Moon to confirm the degree of the Asc when the nature of events involve the Moon's energy. As Robert Hand says in Planets in Transit, the Moon can time the hour of many events. That hour correlates to a 1/2*, very specific and very useful when appropriately applied.

His advice on not taking stereotyped assumptions like 'must be a Leo, look at that hair' is very appropriate. However, he offers no insights whatsoever to outline the 12 signs rising and the general characteristics associated with them. This leaves rectifications wide open for errors that are not off by degrees but by signs. If you don't know how the rising signs show themselves, their physical energy, then you're flying nearly blind.

Read about each Asc sign:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

Questions are useless without a physical sense of the person, which especially requires viewing the person's face/head. That is because the head is ruled by the Asc/1st house of the person's chart and shares qualities with the Sun by sign/conjunctions/parallels. This is the standard questionnaire I use for my rectification clients:

1) How tall are you? Compare your height and build to your family members'.

2) Describe any unusual physical characteristics (flat feet, double-jointed, etc.).

3) What areas of your body and what health issues give you the most trouble?

4) How do your friends and family describe your personality?

5) What were you like as a child?

6) Describe how you are in relationships. Do you lead, follow, etc?

7) What are you 3 life priorities?

8) Was one or more of your parents domineering?

LIFE EVENTS - if possible list times the event occured (even if a 2-3 hour range)

1) List dates for all personal injuries, surgeries, hospitalizations and any other bodily health issues.

1.a) List dates of any athletic competitions

1.b) Dates of all marriages and divorces. If possible, give times when papers were signed, etc. Include beginning end of all significant relationships.

2) Give dates for all moves made, whether across town or across state or national boundaries. Also include dates for any major travels.

2.a) Give dates for all hirings, promotions and firings/layoffs.

2.b) Dates for all public appearances, performances, etc (at least first or most important ones).

3) List dates for unexpected, out of the ordinary events, sudden separations/breakups. Give general period in which there a series of reversals or sudden sequences of events. (For example, on-and-off again relationship(s) with sudden breakups between 1990-92).

4) List birth dates (and times) of any children. If adopted, give date of adoption.

I sometimes add questions, depending on what the person has told me. This list may not even be my most recent version.