For other Scorpios -- What sign do you prefer to date (get involved with)?

desperateneptune

hello everyone! scorpio sun merc uranus- i absolutely hate virgo and adore gemini men! oh and i can not stay in the same room with aquarius men for more than half an hour :tongue: i ihave never met a scorpio man thought i 'd love to!

Just Joy

Exactly. The opposites attract theory is directly responsible for the idea that the descendant describes your partner -for you Libra! And ruled by Venus so whatever sign your Venus is in too.

Maybe that explains it for me, my chart ruler in modern astrology is Pluto; my Pluto is in Virgo. lol, I keep falling in love with Virgo men, esp when they have Scorp rising or Cap. moon; . . . my moon is in opposite Cancer. Hmm...

Horus

Maybe that explains it for me, my chart ruler in modern astrology is Pluto; my Pluto is in Virgo. lol, I keep falling in love with Virgo men, esp when they have Scorp rising or Cap. moon; . . . my moon is in opposite Cancer. Hmm...

But your descendant is Taurus, no? Ruled by Venus deposited in Scorpio.

Where are your nodes? I have a South Node in Virgo and I've had a couple of painful relationships w/ Virgo gals whose planets contacted the node -karmic soulmates-echhh!

Just Joy

But your descendant is Taurus, no? Ruled by Venus deposited in Scorpio.

Where are your nodes? I have a South Node in Virgo and I've had a couple of painful relationships w/ Virgo gals whose planets contacted the node -karmic soulmates-echhh!

I don't node. :sideways: Sorry, goofy sense of humor sometimes, heheee.

Nodes: North node 2* Leo 12' in 9th house opposite Saturn 5* Aqu. 53' (conj. south node) in 3rd. Having long term relationship with Aqu Sun, Scorp rising, Cancer moon. Nice guy, but not drive to explore and try new things. :pouty:
My chart is posted in my profile if you want to see it.

SecretGarden

I just read this thread title again. "what sign do you prefer to date/ get involve with?" :lol:

The real question is, who are we dating and who are we "getting involved with." At the end of the day, I wonder if there is really a difference... I think most people with a very heavy Scorpio influence are unable to remain detached. Scorpios are all or nothing - they either completely fixate on you or you don't exist. So "getting involved with" someone, even with the most innocuous of intentions, will probably end in disaster.
I know I can never be a "casual" person when it comes to love. We love and feel so deeply! Once I tried to remain completely detached - that failed miserably.

I have a Scorpio stellium: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Pluto all in conjunction :joyful:
(And yet, most people still somehow think I'm an Aries)

bittermoon

I think for people heavy on the Scorpio there isn't usually such a thing as dating without involvement.

With my Scorpio Moon I'd like to see a nice trine to somebody else's Sun. I have always been attracted to Scorpios and Cancers. Guess Pisces will do just nicely as well. Have never been in a relationship with one, though.

Somebody's Sun squaring my Moon would be an absolute deal breaker for me. Though I briefly dated somebody with an Aqua Moon. That was very weird, too.

desperateneptune

absolutely! i have gemini moon and ascendant and i love gemini men, although their tendency to flirt with everything(!) can bring the :devil: out of me sometimes..... how about aquarius sun people do they drive you crazy??

Horus

I just read this thread title again. "what sign do you prefer to date/ get involve with?" :lol:

The real question is, who are we dating and who are we "getting involved with." At the end of the day, I wonder if there is really a difference... I think most people with a very heavy Scorpio influence are unable to remain detached. Scorpios are all or nothing - they either completely fixate on you or you don't exist. So "getting involved with" someone, even with the most innocuous of intentions, will probably end in disaster.
I know I can never be a "casual" person when it comes to love. We love and feel so deeply! Once I tried to remain completely detached - that failed miserably.

I have a Scorpio stellium: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Pluto all in conjunction :joyful:
(And yet, most people still somehow think I'm an Aries)

And what is your Ascendant, or is that a secret, Secret Garden? That's one heck of a conjunction -what degree or decanate?

Even w/ FIVE planets in Scorpio, I was able to detach from a lover long ago, and she's the one who got hurt, unfortunately. A terrible mistake to try the casual lover thing. I was also able to have an emotionally-deep and profound yet unattached relationship with another Scorpio, a lover for four years off and on, no committment at all, a rare transpersonal connection. We just simply couldn't see one another as a mate for LTR. Granted she was much older than me, and I'm sure the generational gap aided in that.

Saturnian

As a Scorpio Moon,I cannot understand this whole "no attachment" thing at all.Or people being in open relationships.I seriously find no interest whatsoever in having and sharing someone.
So those kind of ideas seem very pointless to me,but I guess getting attached to someone and then being hurt is much so destructive,that's why perhaps people tend to avoid it...?

SecretGarden

As a Scorpio Moon,I cannot understand this whole "no attachment" thing at all.Or people being in open relationships.I seriously find no interest whatsoever in having and sharing someone.
So those kind of ideas seem very pointless to me,but I guess getting attached to someone and then being hurt is much so destructive,that's why perhaps people tend to avoid it...?

I agree with you, Saturnian. I don't understand it either and I can't do it. I'd rather just avoid getting hurt. I once tried to have a "fun" relationship in the sense that it would be more lighthearted and less intense on my part and it didn't work. It was a real relationship, not a fling or some open thing - I know I could never do that. I became more attached than I thought I would. I'm very slow to fall in and out of love. DEFINITELY can never ever share someone. Unfortunately (or fortunately? for the person I end up with, if I ever end up with anyone) I am loyal til the bitter end. I can't fathom cheating or straying at all. I've been hurt by others more than I hurt others if that makes sense. However, as I'm getting older (I'm in my early 20s now), I have learned to develop thicker skin.

And what is your Ascendant, or is that a secret, Secret Garden? That's one heck of a conjunction -what degree or decanate?

Even w/ FIVE planets in Scorpio, I was able to detach from a lover long ago, and she's the one who got hurt, unfortunately. A terrible mistake to try the casual lover thing. I was also able to have an emotionally-deep and profound yet unattached relationship with another Scorpio, a lover for four years off and on, no committment at all, a rare transpersonal connection. We just simply couldn't see one another as a mate for LTR. Granted she was much older than me, and I'm sure the generational gap aided in that.

I am very surprised you were able to have an emotionally profound, unattached relationship for FOUR years on and off! Craziness. The only way I can imagine that, from a Scorpio standpoint, is if it wasn't physically satisfying for you, but I imagine it was since it was 4 years long. I think age has a lot to do with it. I can understand the first relationship you described if it was casual, because you probably weren't really that attached. With Scorpios, it's either unbelievably profound or the other person doesn't really exist or doesn't consume the thoughts. I feel it's a bit like a threshold - once the threshold is crossed there is no turning back.

I've become much stronger emotionally over the years. My Ascendant is Leo, and my Scorpio conjunction is in the first decan. Only Venus is in the 2nd decan, but it's still conjunct the other 3. Which planets of yours are in Scorpio? 5 is a lot! are they conjunct?

Horus

I am loyal til the bitter end. I can't fathom cheating or straying at all. I've been hurt by others more than I hurt others if that makes sense.

Totally -same here.

I am very surprised you were able to have an emotionally profound, unattached relationship for FOUR years on and off! Craziness. The only way I can imagine that, from a Scorpio standpoint, is if it wasn't physically satisfying for you, but I imagine it was since it was 4 years long. I think age has a lot to do with it.

It did, and she was more spiritually-aware than I was and could sense the presence or absence of a "mated agreement" in situations. But there was definitely no problem in the sexual dept. and she was a good teacher -- especially in Tantra.

I can understand the first relationship you described if it was casual, because you probably weren't really that attached. With Scorpios, it's either unbelievably profound or the other person doesn't really exist or doesn't consume the thoughts. I feel it's a bit like a threshold - once the threshold is crossed there is no turning back.

I was not really interested in her in the first place and she was a neighbor so it was just convenient, and I was young, reckless and foolhardy. But I learned from this mistake, and another episode afterwards where I got hurt, so I have never gone for lite & casual again though these offers still come my way periodically -even as recently as last summer w/ a crazy Arian Venus gal who had already hurt me before, and was eager to do it again. No Way!

Last edited:

Valis

I'm a sun taurus, with a strong martian influence from my mars con nn con regulus in the seventh and scorpio-like influences from a 8th house moon con pluto making aspects all over the place, and a cap asc.
I've crossed paths with some solar scorpios and can say from observations that many pair up with solar leos and tauruses.
I personally like scorpio men but mainly from afar. I would say that most are very attractive in a hot kinda way... ;D and I personally always appreciate the fact that they seem to know where it's at in any given situation and can handle themselves.
I was in a band with a scorpio guy, a sag and a cancer (usually don't like cancers even though it's my DC, but I do like Leos with planets in cancer, like my husband, who is awesome!) The acted like a bunch of teens and jeopardising our shows on a tour and I gave the two others a talking to they'll remember forever (This would be one of those famed taurean volcanic eruption "How dare you!" with brimstone and comets shooting from the sky type a deals). One of the guys managed to muster himself together at the end of it and pointed a finger at the scorpio guy sitting there sipping from a bottle of beer and asked "...eeepp...why isn't he getting his balls busted" I said "Because HE can handle himself, unlike YOU".
That's why I like scorpios.

Saturnian

This is gonna sound so ridiculous...but it'll be good to share it I guess.
As a Scorpio moon I do keep my feelings kinda guarded,I also keep guys at a distance soI haven't "really" fallen in love because I haven't been close to anyone(referring to guys).

For some reason though I have a great love for the internet and forums,AND chatting...haha.So in a forum I used to go I started chatting with a guy in MSN and eventually I fell in love(I think at least) even if it was through the internet.Although it was only very casual and fun,I really didn't expect it at all,I fell for him...This is very embarrassing **** it!Anyways...around last summer he ended up blocking me and deleting me(I confessed that day) and didn't expect it to turn out the way it did...I had to deal with a lot of anxiety this year,especially after that day...even if it was just a distance thing that was only one-sided my feelings weren't superficial.Even now I am still surprised at myself but also sad,because most people have the chance to experience it in real life and I didn't so it feels fake to me...
Funny thing is...he was a Leo sun with a Virgo moon and a Scorpio ASC...I was pretty shocked when I found out his asc because I expected he'd have a Pisces Rising.
He also had Venus in Virgo...Which is also funny...