Ascendant and Appearance

Arijana

I'm scorpio ascendant and have pluto and lilith in scorpio in my first house,on my asc, I also have my sun,uranus,neptune,mecury on my ascendant...and Vulcanus in the first house in Sagitarius ( dunno if that affects my looks at all )..anywho,I'm very scorpionic- I have dark skin,long black curly hair to my waist ( kinda like Olympias from the Alexander movie lol ), asian eyes,jewish nose,long very thin face, tinny by stature and by weight also :eek: but I'm muscular since I train,people usually say that I'm unusual by my looks, they remember me:bandit: ,dunno,I like to think of myself as a wee Medusa :bandit:

one thing I have noticed though,when I want somebody I can bewitch them,it's a strange thing but I have to seduce people around me,especially when I really want someone,then I turn all my spells on...though the key words with me are just that-no flirt-but want,desire.

I have Venus in Aquarius though don't really know how ( if ) it plays some type of major role in my looks,given there aren't a lot of aspects to ut..Also my first house is mostly in scorpio,and one part in saggitarius :)

Last edited:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I was watching Oprah tonight and they were talking about John Wayne Gacy, a serial killer. Here's the link to his natal chart

http://www.astrotheme.com/portraits/2d64Sg4A77Zs.htm

He is early Sag rising but I sure see that dimple in his chin that is indicative of Libra rising folks.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/photos/assets_c/2009/09/john wayne gacy-thumb-autox580-20736.jpg

So his Sag rising is 1 degree in the Jupiter decan and bounds. His Jupiter is in Gemini in the opposite sign where it's at home. Is that chin dimple a Gemini influence? He's got no planets in Libra. I do see that Mercury aspects his ascendant, squaring it in the sign of Pisces. Mars in Gemini aspects his ascendant in 5 degrees Gemini so in opposition to his rising. And Pluto trines his Sag rising.

Soooo what sign gives him that chin dimple? I wanna know. lol.

Marablu

Re: Ascendant and Apppearance

Few observations - All the people I know with Libra asc are indeed beautifu, but the intensity of attractiveness is mostly influenced by Venus position and it's aspects
One friend who has Leo Venus on MC is a rare beauty, and all her male friends seem to be attracted to her. She is indeed fatal
Males with Libra asc have some femininity to them, unusual grace, and are sometimes percieved as gay, by the looks/ manners alone.

I second this, you look very Scorpio to me, and very beautiful;)

Hi hermetic, could you tell me more about the significance of the position of Venus near the MC in relation to one's external appearance? I'm a leo sun, libra rising with venus in gemini conjunct my MC as well, so I'm obviously quite curious what that is meant to say about my appearance. Thanks!

caghe

My ascendant is taurus. There is no planet in my 1 st house. My Venus is in Sagittarius in 8 th house. how do you understand my apperance from this information?

shuvas26

hey'

this is me =]

what u think? asc ? sun?

3yhhd.jpg

[ this is my map for checking haha ... http://i55.tinypic.com/2hrdgfb.gif ]

nemesis

I dont think I look anything like my taurus asc =/

I'm not bulky or stauky (sp?) in any way. I never gain weight, I dont have big shoulders or a big neck, nada zip zilch.

I do have dark hair and eyes I guess that's taurian???

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

well i dont think the first house can give you dark features, dna does alot of work. But i think that it can tell your preference and how you prefer to be seen.

Like Venus in the first house may want to be seen as beautiful, graceful. In scorpio, it may want to be seen as more sexy than beautiful. Venus in the first can make you want to be pretty in some way.

Mars makes you want to appear powerful in some way, a love for muscles and having them. The sun here too will make you want to be powerful. Mars wants to be seen as a manly type which is where my mars is in. I like to appear manly b/c i like to wear my work uniforms long after work b/c of the sense of masculinity it gives me and being in shape is important to me. Strength is something i want and i think alot of first house mars ppl want to appear strong and powerful in someway. But being colored by libra, i want a balance in that appearancce, not to big muscles, just enough to make my statement and feed my ego

So i think its more of preference and perception.

Right :biggrin: So, despite being quite different signs, you think both capricorn/aquarius rising will have similar physical traits as the ones you stated?I know they´re both ruled by saturn (and also uranus in Aquarius) - but all descriptions I´ve read of both of them come out very different. As my sun is in conjunction with saturn, will that affect my physical appearance and give me capricorn/saturn traits?

hiimnotcool

Right :biggrin: So, despite being quite different signs, you think both capricorn/aquarius rising will have similar physical traits as the ones you stated?I know they´re both ruled by saturn (and also uranus in Aquarius) - but all descriptions I´ve read of both of them come out very different. As my sun is in conjunction with saturn, will that affect my physical appearance and give me capricorn/saturn traits?

Probably the Sun conjunct Saturn is what I noticed!

Kannon

Do I look like a Virgo ascendant?.

No, not Virgoan typically, but that doesn't mean you aren't. It depends on your sun sign and other major chart factors.

The Virgoan Asc facial outline is a tapering one, sometimes clearly v-shaped, often with a high forehead. The cranium is larger in proportion to the mouth/chin area and the mouth is smaller than average, often not allowing room for all the adult teeth to erupt properly. In your picture here the cheekbones look too prominent, more like Leo than Virgo. The Virgo rising person is detail oriented and deals best with matters on a small scale, not with far-reaching ambitious objectives.

See full rising sign descriptions here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25131

A principle that could help clarify things for some people is that a planet within a few degrees of the correct Asc will not affect innate body structure if it is in the 12th house, but will if it is in the 1st. 12th house planets near the Asc affect the appearance that you affect, that you take on or put on. 1st house planets have to do with structure of the head/body itself. In this way you could see a difference between 'appearance' which can be affected as one's style and actual physiological structure.