I have Jupiter in my 1st house but how come I have problems "gaining" weight?

ignf8ty43

Banned
I have Jupiter in my 1st house but how come I have problems "gaining" weight?

Many people have said that Jupiter in the 1st house causes you to become fat, but I am no where near fat!!! I DO like food though, I enjoy eating because food is just sooooooooooo good!!!! But for some reason I never gain much weight no matter how much I eat. I'm very skinny to the point that my bone sticks out!!!! So is there anything in my chart that indicates why I have difficulty gaining weight? The only indication I could see is maybe because of Saturn in the 6th house? Since the 6th house is the house of health and Saturn is the planet of restriction. Tell me what you think? But yeah, here's my chart man:

View attachment 13590

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Re: I have Jupiter in my 1st house but how come I have problems "gaining" weight?

Whatever it is, don't complain about it!!!!

But seriously, you also have Mars in Virgo in the 1st house, which suggests to me that you might have a rapid metabolism and bags of energy to compensate for the obesity-inducing Jupiter

Last edited:

Sanaqua

Re: I have Jupiter in my 1st house but how come I have problems "gaining" weight?

aaahhh.. this is the question that i wanted to ask.. I have jupiter and venus in my first house this year and i am NOT gaining weight, no matter whatever i do.. :S

suimui10

aaahhh.. this is the question that i wanted to ask.. I have jupiter and venus in my first house this year and i am NOT gaining weight, no matter whatever i do.. :S

ROFL - can we trade lives? I want your problems!
Although I doubt YOU would want mine... see attached....

Attachments

• anon_30_Sept.jpg
    anon_30_Sept.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 48

there is a big difference in natal to transiting planets. Remember planets are modified by sign, where they express are house and 'how' they express are the aspects.

natal jupiter is heavily challenged by squares espec to uranus, which can create lots of nervous energies. plus mars in first can be very sporty and competative.

your mars is also a singleton ie; only planet in mutable element.

Sanaqua

ROFL - can we trade lives? I want your problems!
Although I doubt YOU would want mine... see attached....

lol.. Now i understand that why are you laughing.. :D
Really, i'm seriously working so hard to gain weight.. and the needle in the weight machine is STUCK! lol

You want to reduce weight??

suimui10

Oy I didn't mean to trivialize your weight gaining problem.
I was laughing because upon seeing your response I thought to myself; If that was my only problem, I'd love my life! ROFL!
I just am plagued with a million squares and intense conjunctions and crave the peace of a simple "problem of the riches" such as weight gaining! That's all.
Apologies if I gave the impression that I was laughing at your expense!

lol.. Now i understand that why are you laughing.. :D
Really, i'm seriously working so hard to gain weight.. and the needle in the weight machine is STUCK! lol

You want to reduce weight??

suimui10

It's not only a problem of the rich

LOL no! I was referring to an expression which goes as "embarrassment of the riches", meaning a problem that is minor by comparison to other problems in life.
I wasn't referring to rich people although I could see why one would make that connection.
(Is it Merc rx yet???? lol)

Sanaqua

there is a big difference in natal to transiting planets. Remember planets are modified by sign, where they express are house and 'how' they express are the aspects.

Sorry i got dcd, before i could post reply to this. :)

In my SR, i have Jupiter in Pisces in first, the SR 6th ruler Moon (Cancer) is in SR 3rd in Taurus which is natally my first house. Both the indicators of weight gain but probably due to Prog Moon in Gemini, the needle in the weight machine is stuck! going nowhere! lol

Sanaqua

Oy I didn't mean to trivialize your weight gaining problem.
I was laughing because upon seeing your response I thought to myself; If that was my only problem, I'd love my life! ROFL!
I just am plagued with a million squares and intense conjunctions and crave the peace of a simple "problem of the riches" such as weight gaining! That's all.
Apologies if I gave the impression that I was laughing at your expense!

Hey No!
I didnt take it seriously at all! I understand, and i have the same expression when i see normal people carving to loose weight LOL Haaa, if God had made me a little more healthy and the one who has started this thread too.. :)

Feature

actually, that is a curious thing, i have actually have Sagittarius as my ascendant but Jupiter does rule Sag, so I wonder if there's a connection there? I always find that Sag tends to be a more fit sign, as they tend to be active in whatever their interest may be.

Jupiter is said to rule weight problems (in relation to this thread anyway as he does rule other aspects) so it could be you have some other favorable aspects to your Jupiter? Or first house? For instance, my venus is trine my asc, which is very favorable. Despite my terrible Cancer tendency to indulge in sweets and fast foods, I am still considerably thin. I chalk it up to good genes and a luck. :joyful:

queenfluff

I am a Virgo and I am super skinny too and I always have been. I think it is all the nervousness and restless and concern with health. I have super high metabolism. I can lose weight without even trying. :)

You have a Virgo Rising.

I don't have Jupiter in my first House but I do have Saturn in my sixth like you (except it is in Taurus and I thought Taurus was a thick sign) and low and behold, I now also have a lot of health problems! But I am still skinny! LOL!

But hopefully you are not too skinny because of a health issue but I am sure you have checked that out.

Saturnian

The thing is that it doesn't have the opposite effect when you start getting old.
But Virgos and rising tend to be skinny most of the times.My mom is a virgo and she's super skinny(although she eats just fine) and my sister has a virgo rising,yet she enjoys sweets so much and she still remains skinny.

I myself am more on the curvy side,at least for the time being,despite my Capricorn sun and Rising which is usually skinny as well.
6th house in Gemini.I can see this causing me problems in the future.

Mr stellium

Many people have said that Jupiter in the 1st house causes you to become fat, but I am no where near fat!!! I DO like food though, I enjoy eating because food is just sooooooooooo good!!!! But for some reason I never gain much weight no matter how much I eat. I'm very skinny to the point that my bone sticks out!!!! So is there anything in my chart that indicates why I have difficulty gaining weight? The only indication I could see is maybe because of Saturn in the 6th house? Since the 6th house is the house of health and Saturn is the planet of restriction. Tell me what you think? But yeah, here's my chart man:

View attachment 13590
By Whole Sign Houses, Jupiter is in the 2nd house, not the first. As for difficulty gaining weight, Mars in the first as others have said. Sun and Moon in fire signs also give a rapid metabolism.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Remember that planetary imbalances can represent extremes on both ends of the spectrum: affected Saturn can be either too heavy or too light; affected Jupiter can be either too thin or too fat: affliction represents imbalance, and imbalance often reflects extremes.
Metabolism is a very complex function: astrologically, Sun, Moon, Mercury and Jupiter play important roles in this function (Pluto also, relative to what's called destructive metabolism) Jupiter has a special relationship to the anabolic (growth/absorbing and storing) process, with Sun, Moon and Mercury more especially involved with proper assimilation and metabolic funtion (with Saturn and Mars and Uranus more connected with catabolic-eliminative-processes)

Then we have endocrine functions: thyroid, of course (zodiacally connected-in the approach I follow) with Sagittarius; but ruling the thyroid is the pituitary, connected with Libra (anterior pituitary) and Scorpio (posterior pituitary) Then we have an important ramification (relative to weight) from the adrenal cortex (cortisol production), connected with Taurus. Notice, relative to zodiacal domicile, the connection of Jupiter with the thyroid through Sagittarius, of Venus with both the anterior pituitary and the adrenal cortex via Libra and Taurus, respectively. Also sugar metabolism via the pancreas: pancreatic head is under Aries (Mars again, just as with the posterior pituitary with Mars through Scorpio), and the pancreatic "tail", under Pisces (Jupiter connected here as it is with the thyroid through Sagittarius)

Certainly a complex interrelationship, whether considered physiologically or astrologically-that's why there are no simplistic answers to imbalances involving this key element of physical manifestation...

Arian Maverick

Sun and Moon in fire signs also give a rapid metabolism.

Not for me. :innocent:

I think it is all the nervousness and restless

Again, not in my experience. Indeed, I find when I'm most nervous and restless, I gain weight! I'm not an emotional eater, either.

I find the original poster's situation curious because my brother has natal first house Jupiter, albeit in Pisces and conjunct Pisces Ascendant, and even when he was younger and did not have weight issues, he was built rather sturdily. Jupiter is the only planet in his first house, though.

I suspect that the planet closest to the Ascendant, especially from the first house side, has the greatest affect upon one's appearance. As others have indicated, in your natal chart, this planet is Mars. Additionally, Mars in Virgo seems a likely factor to make one concerned about health matters.

The only indication I could see is maybe because of Saturn in the 6th house? Since the 6th house is the house of health and Saturn is the planet of restriction.

I think the sixth house has to do more with potential sources of illness than the natural state and condition of one's physical body. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Nevertheless, when Saturn was transiting the sixth house in my unrectified natal chart, I began to work out like a feign and lost ten or fifteen pounds in one summer, a weight which I maintained for several years without additional effort. I need to check my rectified chart to see if Saturn still was in the sixth house and/or aspecting my rectified Ascendant, though. Perhaps natal sixth house Saturn can have the same effect, like you suggest...

Does anyone have any opinions about the possible role of Moon-Jupiter opposition, both square Venus?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Oren

lol, funny thread, but I've always wondered about my own jupiter influence on my weight. Right now I'm decent shape, but I have to constantly work at it. Are there aspects in my chart that predispose me to a certain body type? ie. jupiter largeness? I always use to think I was larger than I actually was because people would tell me I was already thin, or just "skinny fat". I'm trying to figure out how to work with my chart now though to know how to better improve my health. Or perhaps on more astrological terms, I'm trying to figure out how to exalt myself into my sag rising?

Attachments

• 2455490898447 copy.gif
    2455490898447 copy.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 25