7th house in Cancer

Saturnian

How do you view these people when you know them,not as a first impression?

Or if you don't know them just share the information you have on this placement.

waybread

A lot depends upon whether or not they're happy. Cancer can snap its claws and hide behind its shell if it is miserable or angry at someone. Intriguingly, Cancer rising puts Capricorn on the DC or house of marriage; making Saturn the 7th house cusp ruler. This combo can suggest delays in forming a permanent relationship.

The moon is the chart ruler with Cancer rising, so it is also important to look at whether the moon suggests a lighter or happier personality, vs. someone who is often moody.

ume

Saturnian, what is the question? How we view people who has Cancer on the Desc, or how we view Cancer Sun people generally?

ume

The DC Cancer.How do these people do when they interract/build relationships with other people?

If i know well Desc won't show how you interact with others, Desc will show what kind of people you attracted to. (Well, theoretically, since i am not really attracted to my desc sign.)

How you interact depends on your whole chart.

Saturnian

If i know well Desc won't show how you interact with others, Desc will show what kind of people you attracted to. (Well, theoretically, since i am not really attracted to my desc sign.)

How you interact depends on your whole chart.
Funny thing...I am not attracted to my DC either so maybe it could describe something other than the sign I am attracted to.Maybe the DC is the traits the right partner brings out from you?

LittleMiss

Just my one thought of opinion.
I have looked at a chart of a man I know with cancer on the dsc (also sun and asc in capricorn/1st house). It seemed like he beacme the nuturing person in his relasionship, the grown-up, stable one, providing security and having a lot of feelings that he hid away. He was indeed vunerable in his relationships... But of course, other aspects from the chart would have something to say too, I just remembered this particular thing about that man and his chart.

Saturnian

I have looked at a chart of a man I know with cancer on the dsc (also sun and asc in capricorn/1st house). It seemed like he beacme the nuturing person in his relasionship, the grown-up, stable one, providing security and having a lot of feelings that he hid away. He was indeed vunerable in his relationships... But of course, other aspects from the chart would have something to say too, I just remembered this particular thing about that man and his chart.
Woah thanks,I do believe that could be my case as well with my DC in Cancer.

waybread

The DC is one of the points in a chart that shows your Significant Other. It doesn't mean that Dream Boat will have placements in Cancer, just that Cancer's qualities of emotional caring and nurturing seem especially desirable. With the moon in the 10th, you might look to meet this person via your career, or through some other 10th house venue related to your public image.

Do you want to post your chart, or the chart of the person who raises this question for you? Because the moon is going to draw a finer point on the DC. With a Capricorn/Cancer AC/DC axis, then is the MC in Libra? If, for example, the moon is in Libra, an easy relationship based upon equity and balance will be important. The ideal relationship would have a more "mental" or even "intellectual" quality. For a heterosexual man, the ideal woman would even be a lot like Mom, if the moon is well-aspected. If the moon is in Scorpio, this would accentuate the need for the relationship and the ideal S0 to be more emotionally deep, to the point of intensity. If a Scorpio moon is afflicted, this might show up as jealousy or power-struggles.

The dicey thing about the AC/DC axis is that it is made up of opposite signs. Since the AC is so important in the individual's outward personality and embodiment, it is as though, in seeking someone for a committed relationship, we look for those qualities least like the "me" that the ascendant represents. This is why relationships so often founder, because we look for someone to fill in what we personally lack. [Unless the 7th house is tenanted.]

A good book on this is Jodie Forrest, The Ascendant. She is one of the few authors who treats the AC and DC as a whole [polarity.]

Saturnian

The DC is one of the points in a chart that shows your Significant Other. It doesn't mean that Dream Boat will have placements in Cancer, just that Cancer's qualities of emotional caring and nurturing seem especially desirable. With the moon in the 10th, you might look to meet this person via your career, or through some other 10th house venue related to your public image.

Do you want to post your chart, or the chart of the person who raises this question for you? Because the moon is going to draw a finer point on the DC. With a Capricorn/Cancer AC/DC axis, then is the MC in Libra? If, for example, the moon is in Libra, an easy relationship based upon equity and balance will be important. The ideal relationship would have a more "mental" or even "intellectual" quality. For a heterosexual man, the ideal woman would even be a lot like Mom, if the moon is well-aspected. If the moon is in Scorpio, this would accentuate the need for the relationship and the ideal S0 to be more emotionally deep, to the point of intensity. If a Scorpio moon is afflicted, this might show up as jealousy or power-struggles.

The dicey thing about the AC/DC axis is that it is made up of opposite signs. Since the AC is so important in the individual's outward personality and embodiment, it is as though, in seeking someone for a committed relationship, we look for those qualities least like the "me" that the ascendant represents. This is why relationships so often founder, because we look for someone to fill in what we personally lack. [Unless the 7th house is tenanted.]

A good book on this is Jodie Forrest, The Ascendant. She is one of the few authors who treats the AC and DC as a whole [polarity.]
My Moon is in scorpio and 10th house.But my Juno falls in libra(9th house) and I do enjoy people who can stimulate me intellectually.I've always been attarcted to the nerdy types of guys,but now I realize that they are lacking something else essential.I also like a guy who enjoys intellectual stimulation,I love to talk so I need someone who is both talkative and a listener.I can be a wonderful listener as well.

Chart:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/ashe_09/Decorated%20images/chart_birth.png

The person I am interested in has his MC in Cancer and Moon in the 12th.

waybread

gosh! Your chart looks like Capricorn-R-Us! With your wonderful combination of practicality, resourcefulness, and initiative, your opposite number might well be someone who sits you down in front of a cheery fire and makes you a cup of tea [in winter, that is], inviting you to unwind and tell him how your day went while he gives you a neck rub. Your moon is so well aspected that you might even find someone like that. With an afflicted 7th house moon, someone might wind up more with the moody, broody, snappish sort.

Do you know how to do the synastry? Generally the gold standard is: (1) suns sextiled or trined; (2) moons conjunct, sextiled, or trined; (3) "reverse" Mars/Venus synastry: his Mars conjuncts, sextiles, or trines her Venus, and then ditto for her Mars. (3) Positive inter-aspects [like her moon sextiles his sun] are helpful as well. Then see how the rest of the planets work out. It is the rare relationship that has the whole package, but a relationship with none of them probably wouldn't work out in the long haul.

LittleMiss

I actually doubled checked and I remembered wrong in this case. The man's dsc and asc was in the early part of sagittarius and gemini instead. (But he had capricorn sun in 1st). :whistling: BUT, I guess my interpretation COULD fit in some case anyway.

Saturnian

gosh! Your chart looks like Capricorn-R-Us! With your wonderful combination of practicality, resourcefulness, and initiative, your opposite number might well be someone who sits you down in front of a cheery fire and makes you a cup of tea [in winter, that is], inviting you to unwind and tell him how your day went while he gives you a neck rub. Your moon is so well aspected that you might even find someone like that. With an afflicted 7th house moon, someone might wind up more with the moody, broody, snappish sort.

Do you know how to do the synastry? Generally the gold standard is: (1) suns sextiled or trined; (2) moons conjunct, sextiled, or trined; (3) "reverse" Mars/Venus synastry: his Mars conjuncts, sextiles, or trines her Venus, and then ditto for her Mars. (3) Positive inter-aspects [like her moon sextiles his sun] are helpful as well. Then see how the rest of the planets work out. It is the rare relationship that has the whole package, but a relationship with none of them probably wouldn't work out in the long haul.
Thanks for the advice in synastry,I didn't know it was done that way.

No offense...but I don't think I could ever live with someone with a heavy Cancer influence and so far no Cancer man has attracted me.
Someone with the moon in a good house could be but Cancer traits,unlikely.My sister has Cancer moon and I can't stand it when they go by "the best defense is offense".Sure they are sensitive but they don't have to be THAT aggressive.It's disturbing to watch and handle for me.

What if his moon falls in the 12th house?
Just asking,I'll do some synastry myself later.

waybread

Saturnian, as an Aquarian I try to like everybody. With so many planets in Capricorn, you understandably see Cancer as "other" to yourself. Fair enough, but prejudging people by an astrological sign would seem to deny their fundamental humanity and reduce them to stereotypes. I wonder how you might feel if your supervisor at work were considering you for a big promotion and pay raise but then said, "I'm a Cancer, and I can't see myself working well with a Capricorn."

There are astrologers who do synastry by seeing where the planets of a Person of Interest fall into your houses; and vice versa. Theoretically, since the 12th is the house of self-undoing and secret enemies, this one's not so great. I generally don't do synastry this way. To me, the logic does not compute. Daily you meet people who might have their sun in your 7th house but that doesn't make them marriage material for you, nor even business partners or open enemies. I've been in two long-term marriages, yet neither husband had any placements in my 7th house.

With so much Capricorn in your chart, I'm not saying that Crab Man is right for you. But you might just find someone whose Cancer placements trine your Scorpio moon/Jupiter. Then all bets are off.

Saturnian

Saturnian, as an Aquarian I try to like everybody. With so many planets in Capricorn, you understandably see Cancer as "other" to yourself. Fair enough, but prejudging people by an astrological sign would seem to deny their fundamental humanity and reduce them to stereotypes. I wonder how you might feel if your supervisor at work were considering you for a big promotion and pay raise but then said, "I'm a Cancer, and I can't see myself working well with a Capricorn."

There are astrologers who do synastry by seeing where the planets of a Person of Interest fall into your houses; and vice versa. Theoretically, since the 12th is the house of self-undoing and secret enemies, this one's not so great. I generally don't do synastry this way. To me, the logic does not compute. Daily you meet people who might have their sun in your 7th house but that doesn't make them marriage material for you, nor even business partners or open enemies. I've been in two long-term marriages, yet neither husband had any placements in my 7th house.

With so much Capricorn in your chart, I'm not saying that Crab Man is right for you. But you might just find someone whose Cancer placements trine your Scorpio moon/Jupiter. Then all bets are off.
Yes,I know what you mean.I might look like I am stereotyping,but I am not.If I learn someone's sign even if it's not my favorite(but those keep changing)I still like that person and I like their sign too.I just think the positive about them.
I even have a Cancer friend,so yeah I am not discriminating.It just doesn't happen to be the most likeable sign for me,since I don't believe we understand each other.But then again,they do have traits that I really am fond of.

EJ53

Banned
...Daily you meet people who might have their sun in your 7th house but that doesn't make them marriage material for you, nor even business partners or open enemies. I've been in two long-term marriages, yet neither husband had any placements in my 7th house.

I'm off-topic but, at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221108&postcount=9 , BobZemco gives the following excellent advice for identifying (from our natal chart) the kind of partner we are likely to be attracted to :-

Your natal chart will tell you what kind of partner you seek. The hard part is being objective about it. You should be looking at the 7th House Ruler, the Sun and Mars, and the planet to which the Sun makes the first applying aspect. If the Sun is not in an applying aspect, it doesn't matter. Look to see what planet the Sun would make it's next aspect with.

EJ