Don't always trust Synastry !

Steeler

I got majorly burned a few nights ago when I was telling my friend how I was 100% that a guy we mutually know was attracted to me. He of course asked me how I knew that and I told him that our Synastry (with our mutual friend) pointed towards attraction, especially from his part. He of course thought I was insane and turns out, he was right. :annoyed:

He had in fact a day later asked him (our mutual friend) whether or not he was attracted to me and he said no. He likes me a lot as a person, since we are indeed very similar, but he's just not physically attracted to me. Now I don't mind this, since Im not attracted to him physically either, but for the first time I really feel like Synastry let me down completely (and also slapped me in the face).

Here is why I thought he would be attracted to me:

My Mars in his 5th house (His is in MY 8th)
Our Mars' are conjunct
My Pluto is in his 1st house
Our Nodes conjunct
His Venus trine my Uranus
My Venus squares his Pluto
His Venus conjuncts my Ascendant
My Venus squares his Ascendant
My Venus conjuncts his Valentin

So we basically have ALL the classic "attraction" aspects you can imagine and he doesn't feel it and neither do I. But one thing the synastry is correct on is that we are very similar as people. We have Jupiter conjunct Jupiter (exact), Sun trine Jupiter, Mercury conjunct Mercury, Venus trine Moon, Moon trine Sun and so on. (And yes, I know his time of birth)

I checked our midpoints to see if we had any Sun/Moon midpoints and interestingly:
His Saturn=My Sun/moon
His Uranus=M Sun/Moon
His Pluto=M Sun/Moon
His Venus=M Asc/MC
His Mars=M Venus/Ascendant
My Sun=His Ascendant/MC
My Pluto=H Mercury/Venus
My Node=H Venus/Mars (Sexual magnetism between partners)

So the conclusion is: Don't trust synastry charts, composites nor midpoints when it comes to figuring out whether or not someone is attracted to you. It doesn't always work. Have a friend ask for you, if all else fails! ;)

Ebenia

Well, as we all know, it's always up to choice. There are thousands of people in the world that in astrologically would probably go well with our chart and would make great friends etc, but still many of us have just few good friends and few important love relationships in our life. Also the thing that needs to be taken into account is the level of awareness and matureness that people have, because everyone can portray their charts in so different ways and it depends on how developed we are as people too. So synarsty does tell something about relationship, but it does not tell if the relationship works or not or will it happen or not. It's always a choice after all.

Vagabondgirl

I got majorly burned a few nights ago when I was telling my friend how I was 100% that a guy we mutually know was attracted to me. He of course asked me how I knew that and I told him that our Synastry (with our mutual friend) pointed towards attraction, especially from his part. He of course thought I was insane and turns out, he was right. :annoyed:

He had in fact a day later asked him (our mutual friend) whether or not he was attracted to me and he said no. He likes me a lot as a person, since we are indeed very similar, but he's just not physically attracted to me. Now I don't mind this, since Im not attracted to him physically either, but for the first time I really feel like Synastry let me down completely (and also slapped me in the face).

Here is why I thought he would be attracted to me:
My Mars in his 5th house (His is in MY 8th)
Our Mars' are conjunct
My Pluto is in his 1st house
Our Nodes conjunct
His Venus trine my Uranus
My Venus squares his Pluto
His Venus conjuncts my Ascendant
My Venus squares his Ascendant
My Venus conjuncts his Valentin

So we basically have ALL the classic "attraction" aspects you can imagine and he doesn't feel it and neither do I. But one thing the synastry is correct on is that we are very similar as people. We have Jupiter conjunct Jupiter (exact), Sun trine Jupiter, Mercury conjunct Mercury, Venus trine Moon, Moon trine Sun and so on. (And yes, I know his time of birth)

I checked our midpoints to see if we had any Sun/Moon midpoints and interestingly:
His Saturn=My Sun/moon
His Uranus=M Sun/Moon
His Pluto=M Sun/Moon
His Venus=M Asc/MC
His Mars=M Venus/Ascendant
My Sun=His Ascendant/MC
My Pluto=H Mercury/Venus
My Node=H Venus/Mars (Sexual magnetism between partners)

So the conclusion is: Don't trust synastry charts, composites nor midpoints when it comes to figuring out whether or not someone is attracted to you. It doesn't always work. Have a friend ask for you, if all else fails! ;)

You should look for sun of the woman and moon of the man, and mars of woman and venus of the man, interaspects and signs to look for attraction. Do your venus and mars aspect? I heard that attraction is strong if venus of one and mars of the other are conjunct or opposing.

Your nodes might be the same because you are the same age perhaps?

Better if you post the synastry chart;)

Tamara

well, there weren`t all "classic indicators" of attraction...what about venus/mars? sun/moon, or sun/venus? i wouldn`t ignore sun and especially moon aspects. i`ve seen many sinastry charts and i noticed that all attraction aspects without moon involvment are just physical or social. moon touchs people a on more deep level...

Veronica

moon/mars triggers a very passionate response. Sometimes these energies are latent they aren't bound to happen right away. Sometimes its a matter of transits. Fate, will....

BobZemco

So the conclusion is: Don't trust synastry charts, composites nor midpoints when it comes to figuring out whether or not someone is attracted to you.

That's just absolutely brilliant.

Synastry charts are never used to determine if there is an "attraction" between two people.

The purpose of synastry charts is to identify the level of compatibility between two people.

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Steeler

Vagabond:

We have Venus trine Mars, yes. He was born two weeks after me, but my north node also happens to fall in his 4th house and his in my 7th, so we atleast were supposed to know eachother.

Tamara: I didn't list all of them, since the point that I was trying to make was that not all aspects that point towards physical compability/attraction always mean that the attraction will be there. Even if things POINT to that. But we do have Moon trine Sun, Venus semisextile Sun, Moon quincunx Moon & Venus trine Moon too.

Veronica: Very true! We have a square but it's 7 degree so not really strong enough to be felt.

BobZemco: What Bob? Really? Why gee! I had absolutely no idea! Synastry is used to MEASURE compability, but it's not just overall compability that it measures, but physical, emotional, spiritual & mental aswell. I happened to notice the aspects that pointed towards physical compability (as in, attraction) and the synastry failed me at it, but it did NOT fail to point out our similarities. Jupiter conjunct Jupiter. (We read the same books, listen to the same music, have the same views on the world...)

What I was trying to say with all of this is that THOSE who indeed try to figure out whether someone likes them through synastry, should instead ask the person of their liking whether or not they feel the same way about them. A horrible synastry chart might just be behind a couple who has been together for 50 years, whereas a great chart that points towards physical, mental and etc. combality might not last even for a year.

Rosie7

I really don't think that you can use a quick book template to determine chemistry. Attraction will contingent on the individual elements in a natal chart. From my experience, people will attract what is in their charts. If someone has aspects between moon and mercury and mars and uranus, they will attract someone whose chart stimulates, or mirrors, those aspects. So what if your venus aspects a guys mars; if his mars is stimulated by mercury in his natal chart, then that will be a stronger determinant of attraction for synastry. We attract what is in our charts. Or, in some cases where pluto is featured, we stay clear of relationships where those darker elements won't be triggered.

BobZemco

Synastry Charts are for compatibility, not to determine if people are attracted to each other. If someone doesn't understand the purpose and function of a chart, they shouldn't be using it in the first place. I mean, it ain't like there's no internet.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

I really don't think that you can use a quick book template to determine chemistry. Attraction will contingent on the individual elements in a natal chart. From my experience, people will attract what is in their charts. If someone has aspects between moon and mercury and mars and uranus, they will attract someone whose chart stimulates, or mirrors, those aspects. So what if your venus aspects a guys mars; if his mars is stimulated by mercury in his natal chart, then that will be a stronger determinant of attraction for synastry. We attract what is in our charts. Or, in some cases where pluto is featured, we stay clear of relationships where those darker elements won't be triggered.

Your natal chart will tell you what kind of partner you seek. The hard part is being objective about it. You should be looking at the 7th House Ruler, the Sun and Mars, and the planet to which the Sun makes the first applying aspect. If the Sun is not in an applying aspect, it doesn't matter. Look to see what planet the Sun would make it's next aspect with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabondgirl

well, there weren`t all "classic indicators" of attraction...what about venus/mars? sun/moon, or sun/venus? i wouldn`t ignore sun and especially moon aspects. i`ve seen many sinastry charts and i noticed that all attraction aspects without moon involvment are just physical or social. moon touchs people a on more deep level...

Yeah, sun and moon are important for long lasting relationships. Venus-mars more for some kind of attraction.

Me and my sister in law have my moon conjunct her sun, and we are like best friends, very close.

Trines are more easier. Should look for conjunctions especially between sun, moon, venus, mars, perhaps AC and DC aswell. Oppositions I think are quite strong also for venus and mars and attraction.

The aspects you mentioned are not classical, the classical ones are actually the conjunctions/opposition of venus-mars, and conjunction of moon-sun. AC conjunction or maybe opposition.

Last edited:

Veronica

They are sooooo many, and many books on synastry that you can search on the web, however it would be soo nice if someone would actually write a book on Divorce charts, Physical Abuse Violence Charts, and the afflictions of Planets in the natal chart that could also possibly extend to relationship problems. I don't know just a thought or just me feeling plutonian nowdays.

Veronica

Yeah, sun and moon are important for long lasting relationships. Venus-mars more for some kind of attraction.

Me and my sister in law have my moon conjunct her sun, and we are like best friends, very close.

Trines are more easier. Should look for conjunctions especially between sun, moon, venus, mars, perhaps AC and DC aswell. Oppositions I think are quite strong also for venus and mars and attraction.

The aspects you mentioned are not classical, the classical ones are actually the conjunctions/opposition of venus-mars, and conjunction of moon-sun. AC conjunction or maybe opposition.

I've read some Sun- Venus oppositions, Moon- Venus, Mars-Venus trigger some attraction in some cases.

C0rnholio

Steeler, had you posted your charts, we would be able to tell why he is not attracted. This thread is worthless without pics.

Nodes do not mean much for people your age. You are still very young. Also, your node is conjunct with everyone born within 4 months of you.