Australia has a New PM!!!

R4VEN

No, we haven't had an election. Last night the current Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd, was informed by his Deputy, Julia Gillard, that the party (Labor) was contesting his leadership. Long story short - he resigned this morning, and as I write this Julia Gillard is visiting the Governor General (Queen Elizabeth's representative in Australia - quaint, but we are not a Republic, and still part of the Commonwealth ruled by QE II) the purpose of which is for her to be sworn in as the new PM - for the time being, until we all have to again go to the polls.

Julia Gillard is Australia's 1st female PM, and has worked as an Industrial relations lawyer before entering politics. Unlike K Rudd, she is not especially perturbed about her image, or what others think of her. Rudd had been seen as steering the ship on his own and not consulting with the party, where Gillard is unlikely to resort to this kind of behaviour.

Her DOB is on this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Gillard
but I have no time of birth.

I am not sure of Kevin Rudd's birth time, but it appears that the Uranus-Saturn opposition has been closing in on his IC-MC axis which is around 4 degrees in Aries-Libra. It also seems that the eclipse/full moon is already stirring this up, and will form a Grand Cross with his IC-MC axis.

Using Australia's chart from the landing of the 1st fleet in 1788 (and perhaps the one from 1/1/1900 would be more accurate, given this is a political chart) the most obvious thing - apart from the emerging Grand Cross at the time of the eclipse in just over 2 days - is that Chiron-Neptune have been sitting close to Australia's Venus-Saturn conjunction. As I interpret this, the time has come for the form and structure which has a feminine underpinning to rise to the surface. This event - which seemed very sudden - has actually been several months in forming. The time seems to be right for this to be happening.

Attachments

• 1st Woman PM_australia_2010624.10973.5899.gif
    1st Woman PM_australia_2010624.10973.5899.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
  • kevin_rudd_2010624.gif
    kevin_rudd_2010624.gif
    53.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

R4VEN

12:07 pm AEST
Thanks for that, Bob. I've added his chart to my previous post. Perhaps progr Mars has done him in! Over the past few months he has tended to steer his own ship, and this is not how things are meant to be done. His `I know what I'm doing, so get out of my way' approach is hardly compatible with the Westminster system of government.

Last edited:

R4VEN

I just looked at the horary chart on the Rudd/Julliard thing.
Have just read through it.

Sadly, horary is all Greek to me!

The (apparent) suddenness of the change of leadership is what has affected most Australians. Whilst I saw the press conference given by Kevin Rudd on TV late last night, most working Australians would have missed that, and so awoken to a new PM. Rudd seemed to have seen himself as Presidential - note his Moon-Mars conjunction almost unaspected, which manifests as no-one is able to tell Kevin anything!!! (How did Therese cope??) - and it was this certainty that his approach was the correct one which ultimately pi**ed off his party members.
And a link with a pic for all those outside this country:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Rudd

And to qualify my astrological statements, the whole thing had a Martian quality to it, almost like Let's Have At Duel At Dawn - and don't forget to bring your sword.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Just found something in K-Rudd's transits...............

Transiting Jupiter/Uranus MP forms the apex of a (temporary) yod with his Pluto-Neptune sextile. ...... and Pluto & Neptune have a very close sextile.

So, perhaps the Jupiter-Uranus conjunction was the `pistols at dawn' - unexpected (for Kevin, anyway), quite extreme, and requiring a cool and calm and honest approach........... and he managed this in the end.

flea

"It is obvious that the 11th December 1931 is the most important date in the process of Australia’s total independence. It’s time to bring Independence into the mix where it should be, right up alongside Federation and Anzac day." http://www.thecheers.org/Opinion/article_2061_Australias-Secret-Independence.html

There is good casue for the about date to be considered the date of Australian Independence for this is the date that the UK removed its right of veto over any decisions made by the Australian Government. Worth considering maybe. Also interesting that we are now headed by a Welsh woman (I am too btw), more drinking and singing are on the way!!!

FleaXX

07.Re

R4VEN, personally I'm excited by this unexpected and very sudden change in power (and the fact that she's a Libra sun like me doesn't make me biased :tongue:).

Could we add Julias chart with transits to this thread too? I understand we don't have a birth time, and so we could upload a "time unknown" chart.

flea

ooo jupiter saturn conj in capricorn....kind of an obvious indicator. Pluto venus conj in virgo caught my eye too. A gemini moon seems to fit the lawyer as does the merc mars conjunction.

juliagillard.gif

Last edited:

07.Re

It's interesting to note too, that both have progressed Scorpio suns (power / transformation). Hey wait a minute .... so do I .... well I never!

Hmm..... does that make *me* the next Australian PM? :surprised::tongue:

R4VEN

This is good news for aussietralia. We need more women running countries.

****rolls around the ground and dies****

I keed, I keed.:tongue:

But seriously is this good news? :unsure:

Sorry, I don't keep up to date with South American politics. Can someone please fill me in?
t - you are aware, are you not, that Australia is not in South America?????
Was the South American reference an attempt at templeton humour????? (or `humor', as you write it in the good ol' US of A)

Is this good news? Possibly. Probably. Maybe.
The new PM is not in any way like Hillary Clinton or (God forbid) Dame Margaret Thatcher, so that must be good news.

Julia Gillard has the gift of a well-developed sense of humour, complete with a fully-fledged irony chip!! Can't go wrong with that.

R4VEN

Bring back John Howard I say. He was a glorious dictator.
He was/is an inglorious anachronism...............

I've done some research into this Julie Gellard. She's a very handsome lady with disappointing red hair.
Apart from her (probable) Moon in Gemini sense of humour, combined with an ability to not take herself too seriously, her very best feature is her red hair. How can something so noticeable & noteworthy be `disappointing'?

:tongue:

R4VEN

Have you noticed the resemblance to Tilda Swinton?
Yes

She's almost too good to be true. Except for one thing...

I was watching some clips of her speeches. Is it really necessary for her to draw her words out so much. It's almost like she's trying to give her mouth muscles a workout. Do all Austrailians sound like this? :crying:

xoxoxo
Her speech is strange alright, especially given she spent the first 4 years of her life in Wales, her parents still speak with Welsh accents, and her older sister has a `normal' Australian accent.

Her accent is an anomaly.

07.Re

Her speech is strange alright, especially given she spent the first 4 years of her life in Wales, her parents still speak with Welsh accents, and her older sister has a `normal' Australian accent.

Her accent is an anomaly.

Agreed R4VEN.
As an import myself, I have noticed though that the broadness of the Aussie accent varies greatly.

Natasha

Re: PM's best feature

Here in the UK, we consider the best feature of a PM is to look as though he/she is still breathing, R4VEN...

...We stopped expecting any more than that from them a long, long time ago.

EJ:lol:

I totally agree. Sorry to be a cynic but I what goes on behind the scenes in the halls of the public service is where the changes are made in Oz I feel

I am more interested in the horary for the change of prime minister. Any takers. Um I am not expert but might give it a go....
Oh yes - I prefer the federation chart for Oz by the way. I have mixed feeling about the 1st fleet landing feeling its more about the UK finding a place than the actual formal creation of a country.
btw I do feel tho that the 1st fleet refects some images of the broard ""culture" of australia. But I feel that the federation date is about australia as a nation

Last edited:

flea

Re: PM's best feature

I wonder is the capricorn eclipse squaring her sun and kevin's jupiter had any part to play in this change over?? Being so close to Pluto...and I feel we are not being told the real reasons for the change....secrets, hidden truths about to emerge??? and pluto trining Npluto in julia's chart??? Is pluto the big player here??

FleaXX