Pluto transiting Asc and H1

ALST123

Hi everyone,

I currently have Pluto transiting my Asc (Cap 6) and H1, and it seems to be proving a bit sticky. As Pluto rolls over my Asc and then backs up and then rolls over it again, it feels like a very thorough "hit and run" experience which is lasting not months but years.

Obviously, I will have the prolonged experience of Pluto transiting my h1 when it is finally done with my asc (it will leave my h1 in about 2037, after passing over my n. Venus (Cap 20) and progressed Sun in Aquarius).

I also have Juno (Cap 2), Ceres (Cap 5) and Lilith (Cap 11) involved in the mix.

So far, the Pluto transit seems to have been about becoming less naive, getting some backbone (otherwise people try to control me), and realising what I do have control over and what I don't. I am trying to learn these lessons quickly, but would like to know what kind of experiences could be in store for me.

I don't seem to be able to initiate any kind of romantic relationships during this time (I either misinterpret the other's feelings or feel my independence is being threatened). I wonder if this is due to Pluto trying to renew me from the inside-out. I wonder if I am supposed to stay single while this process plays out, sort of go along with the ebb and flow more.

Any help gratefully received :)

Thanks,
Ax.

Claire19

Chart please.

Pluto transitting 1st can be heavy if there is a natal connection to the ascendant and with other planets in the chart.

ALST123

Chart please.

Pluto transitting 1st can be heavy if there is a natal connection to the ascendant and with other planets in the chart.

Here ya go:-

rsz_me__transits_and_progs1.jpg

Plenty of connections with planets in my chart, as you can see. I look forward to your analysis :)

Thanks,
Ax.

R4VEN

ALST123 -

What you state about Pluto's passage so far sounds really positive to me:
"So far, the Pluto transit seems to have been about becoming less naive, getting some backbone (otherwise people try to control me), and realising what I do have control over and what I don't."

Pluto is about control, power, manipulation, as well as the darker human experiences - like sex & death.

Now, to add an interesting layer to the mix, your Asc ruler is Saturn, which is in Cancer, and also influences your 7th house of relationships, given that it is so close to your Descendant. I assume that what this means is that as you strengthen yourself, becoming more `at home' in your own life, your own body - you state this as `getting some backbone' - then the way you behave in a relationship will change, as well as the type of relationship you choose will no doubt also change.

Also, tr Pluto is opposing your natal saturn, so you are also transforming at more than the inner personal level. I suspect that your physical world is undergoing change also, and some of this change may result in losses of some kind.

Whether you enter into a relationship may be up to you. I suspect that any relationship you attract will be with someone quite Pluto-esque, such as one with a strong Scorpio somewhere. You also have natal Pluto square your Asc, so you are having a very close encounter with Pluto. The Pluto square will intensify this experience, in that a certain maturing of the personality is required. But - you can best try out your emerging self slowly and gently. I am sure that you will attract a relationship in time, but you can best benefit from that when you are more grounded in yourself.

You are in a process of developing your Capricorn Asc traits, and some of these may be:

• strength and resilience
  • the ability to stand alone against opposition
  • the ability to be happy in your own company
  • the desire to be responsible for your own life direction, regardless of what others require of you
Now, I notice that you have Sun-Neptune conjunct in your 11th house, which may well be the true source of the naivete which you have always experienced. Also, Saturn on your chart is inconjunct your Sun, which may have tended to mask your Sag Sun, so that you have been content to blend into the background.

I feel that you are undergoing - currently, and over the coming years, as Pluto transits your 1st house - an emergence of your true personality, and with this is emerging a strength of character which you have not previously enjoyed. Give yourself the time and space to develop this, and do not be in too much of a hurry to have a relationship. Were you to begin a relationship now it would probably not last very long, as you are undergoing deep and fundamental change, and another person would have trouble in keeping up.

gemini59

That was well said and i could not add a thing. You Pluto is opposing natal Saturn which it is in natal square too. Thus this energy of power/transformation vs structure is being played out.
Too note that progressed mercury will be transited by Pluto. You natal Mercury is in Scorpio so this is also an interesting process maybe magnifying your first house issues in play by the transit. In other words Mercurys natural rules communication and by progression it is squaring natal Pluto. This might demonstrate a change in how you communicate with others.

ALST123

ALST123 -

What you state about Pluto's passage so far sounds really positive to me:

Well, I was kind of stating the positive aspects really. Emotionally and physically sometimes it feels as if I'm literally being turned inside-out (put throught the wringer etc). It's harsh.

I suspect that your physical world is undergoing change also, and some of this change may result in losses of some kind.

Yes, I keep changing my house around, changing colours etc. I have sudden urges to "clean house", and I also seem to be doing a lot of decluttering. I seem much more cut-throat about that than I used to.

I am sure that you will attract a relationship in time, but you can best benefit from that when you are more grounded in yourself.

Yes, I don't feel grounded enough at the moment. I feel ever-changing and in a flux. I used to be very sure of my own mind, even if I couldn't always assert it effectively. Now, I'm not sure of my own mind at all (getting better), and find it tricky to have an opinion.

You are in a process of developing your Capricorn Asc traits, and some of these may be:

• strength and resilience
  • the ability to stand alone against opposition
  • the ability to be happy in your own company
  • the desire to be responsible for your own life direction, regardless of what others require of you

That's just amazing! Those are exactly the issues I seem to be facing at the moment. I am being required to be exceptionally strong during my divorce (think sapling in a gale), and do feel like I am standing alone against opposition. Being a single parent, I am having to face moments of complete solitude and discover how to keep myself happy during those (traditionally I have always had relationships, since my early teens). This is a challenge for me. I am also having to face the issue of supporting my children myself and therefore retraining and forging a career successfully.

Now, I notice that you have Sun-Neptune conjunct in your 11th house, which may well be the true source of the naivete which you have always experienced. Also, Saturn on your chart is inconjunct your Sun, which may have tended to mask your Sag Sun, so that you have been content to blend into the background.

Knew there was some reason for being so naive! I have always been suckered in, hook, line and sinker!!! I very much blend into the background, my ex-husband complained of that (and yet made the most of it!), whereas he loved to be the one to shine.

Were you to begin a relationship now it would probably not last very long, as you are undergoing deep and fundamental change, and another person would have trouble in keeping up.

Yes, I see that now. It does feel like I should forego relationships for the current time. Too much metamorphosis is going on. I don't feel settled enough or ready. My ex-husband seems to be an agent for a lot of this turmoil/change going on. I am wondering whether I am supposed to be learning how to assert myself more with him or not.

In other words Mercurys natural rules communication and by progression it is squaring natal Pluto. This might demonstrate a change in how you communicate with others.

Yes, I am finding that very gradually I am becoming more measured about how I communicate with others. A bit more confident, too.

Thanks so much for your interpretations. Do you think I am supposed to be learning to stand my ground more, or learning to just let go and go with the flow of what others want more?

Thanks,
Ax.

R4VEN

Yes, I keep changing my house around, changing colours etc. I have sudden urges to "clean house", and I also seem to be doing a lot of decluttering. I seem much more cut-throat about that than I used to.
That is really positive. I find that when the urge to declutter takes over, this is a signal that my inner world is in total metamorphosis. I think that when you change your environment it is like you are trying to `keep up' with the changes you can't see, but can feel at a deeper level.
Yes, I don't feel grounded enough at the moment. I feel ever-changing and in a flux. I used to be very sure of my own mind, even if I couldn't always assert it effectively. Now, I'm not sure of my own mind at all (getting better), and find it tricky to have an opinion.
That will get better in time. I think part of this part of the journey is getting used to being more Capricorn. This is a bit like you having driven a 4-cylinder city runabout all your adult life, then suddenly you begin to drive a 4-wheel-drive. It takes time to know how to use it effectively and efficiently.
I am being required to be exceptionally strong during my divorce (think sapling in a gale), and do feel like I am standing alone against opposition.
`sapling in a gale' is a brilliant metaphor, and gave me a really clear idea of how things are for you. I have Cap Ascendant, and I have had to stand alone against a lot of very aggressive opposition in my life, which has been difficult due to my Mars-Neptune conjunction, where I have tended to allow others to get their own way. Your Neptune-Sun conjunction can make you react with compassion, sensitivity and `niceness' when others are treating you rather badly. In the end, the only person who can properly look after your needs is you. The current combination of transiting and natal Pluto and Saturn is tough, but more importantly, it is toughening - and I believe you need that.
My ex-husband seems to be an agent for a lot of this turmoil/change going on. I am wondering whether I am supposed to be learning how to assert myself more with him or not.
You'll no doubt know when and if to try to assert yourself with him. No doubt he will not give in without a fight. If and when you take him on, you have to be really sure that you believe you have a right to fight for whatever it is you are asking for. If you are not sure at some tiny place inside yourself, then he'll know, and he'll play on your insecurities and uncertainties. But I think that you do need some practice at asserting yourself all the same.
Do you think I am supposed to be learning to stand my ground more, or learning to just let go and go with the flow of what others want more?
I suspect that you are having to learn to do both, but to be more discriminating about when it is best to be using one or other of these approaches. In the past you probably gave others what they wanted because you intuitively knew what they wanted - this is the effect of Neptune being so close to your Sun. There is a skill to be developed - and gemini59 pointed out your Mercury placement, which is very incisive and precise, as well as clear - in which you assess whether what the other is trying to achieve is in fact in your best interests. You obviously have good communication skills, and even skills at arguing your case. My experience with those who have Mercury in Scorpio and/or Mercury conjunct MC is that they are very clear and definite about what they think and say.

Everything takes time, but the end result will be worth it.

ALST123

Thanks so much for your detailed reply, R4ven. :)

That will get better in time. I think part of this part of the journey is getting used to being more Capricorn. This is a bit like you having driven a 4-cylinder city runabout all your adult life, then suddenly you begin to drive a 4-wheel-drive. It takes time to know how to use it effectively and efficiently.

So, if my ascendant is Capricorn, and my DC is therefore Cancer, was I more like a Cancerian as a child? Or was I more like my Sagittarius Sun and Moon? Also, if my N. node is in Sagittarius too, does this mean I shall be developing that sign even more towards the end of my life? (I hadn't seen it like this before.).

Your Neptune-Sun conjunction can make you react with compassion, sensitivity and `niceness' when others are treating you rather badly. In the end, the only person who can properly look after your needs is you. The current combination of transiting and natal Pluto and Saturn is tough, but more importantly, it is toughening - and I believe you need that.

You are so right. I was only having this conversation with my Mum the other day. In my divorce I have always put my children's welfare first and my ex-h's rights second. This has taken enough of my concentration and energy. My Mum reminded me that I have a say too, I have rights too, and I should remember that. (I always forget - my children are my life.). I do feel a little tougher. The thing is, my ex-husband has almost the same birth aspects as me (he was born 8 days younger), so I suspect he is going through some of the changes that I am. I wonder if he is also being toughened up (although he really doesn't need any of that!).

You'll no doubt know when and if to try to assert yourself with him. No doubt he will not give in without a fight. If and when you take him on, you have to be really sure that you believe you have a right to fight for whatever it is you are asking for. If you are not sure at some tiny place inside yourself, then he'll know, and he'll play on your insecurities and uncertainties. But I think that you do need some practice at asserting yourself all the same.

Again, so right. That's exactly what he does. Trouble is, if I try to assert myself he is so horrible, twists what I say and makes me feel like I have been a complete b***h. Then I feel guilty and he uses it to his advantage. I find encounters with him too difficult.

In the past you probably gave others what they wanted because you intuitively knew what they wanted - this is the effect of Neptune being so close to your Sun.

That almost made me cry, it is so spot on. I have felt like I've given and given, really helped people, and then been treated really badly. It leaves you feeling really stretched and used. No fair!

and gemini59 pointed out your Mercury placement, which is very incisive and precise, as well as clear - in which you assess whether what the other is trying to achieve is in fact in your best interests. You obviously have good communication skills, and even skills at arguing your case. My experience with those who have Mercury in Scorpio and/or Mercury conjunct MC is that they are very clear and definite about what they think and say.

True, but I also have an h12 moon, which means that feel really foggy about what my needs are, and aren't used to having them met anyway. I am much better at arguing something that isn't related to my needs (i.e. an essay or debate). I like getting to the root of maths problems or psychological cases, for example. When it comes to myself I am usually at a loss, and completely ineffective at getting my needs met.

I also seem to take on the anxieties and negative feelings of others. My marriage counsellor said that, about how I allow my ex-H to project and dump his negativity onto me. He said I have to write down positive things about myself and get the list out when I feel useless because of something he's said.

Obviously, I will have the prolonged experience of Pluto transiting my h1 when it is finally done with my asc (it will leave my h1 in about 2037, after passing over my n. Venus (Cap 20) and progressed Sun in Aquarius).
T Pluto will never catch upto your progressed sun as it moves approx 1' for every year.

Also your prog sun will conj natal venus -- can't really tell the degrees maybe as long as 9years ish and that should herald an important progression and poss romance then.

I'm a modern astrologer that uses Equal house system and when you get highly distorted houses like yours, it's probably best to change to Equal. This gives your sun, neptune in 12th, mercury in 11th and uranus in 10th, mars in 4th and jupiter in 2nd...

12th house planets/aspects
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/dkfoun...rmaHouse12.htm
http://www.astrology-numerology.com/inhouses-sun.html#Twelfth

Research threads on AW
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19818&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18312&highlight=12th+house

T Saturn is fast approaching your natal pluto which is already square to saturn conj Desc

"The main theme tends to be facing responsibility in the face of corruption. This is a time when you have to concentrate your interests more deeply and narrowly, most often because you are going through a financial burden or some other kind of shortage. This is also a time to get rid of any rules and regulations that do not adequately meet the demands that you are experiencing. Many of the habits that you have grown used to, simply do not apply anymore. You may have to live with austere circumstances for a while"
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/saturn-cj-pluto.html

Your prog moon in aries in Equal approx 4months ago would have been conj 4th house cusp. Were you restless and wanting to move house at all?

Did you know you have a talent triangle with sun,neptune as Apex?
Talent triangle
http://joycehopewell.blogspot.com/2006/07/belle-filles-recorder.html
http://www.michaelconneely.com/tantric2.html

R4VEN

So, if my ascendant is Capricorn, and my DC is therefore Cancer, was I more like a Cancerian as a child? Or was I more like my Sagittarius Sun and Moon? Also, if my N. node is in Sagittarius too, does this mean I shall be developing that sign even more towards the end of my life? (I hadn't seen it like this before.).
Generally we appear to others as our ascendant, even very early in life, as this is the energy through which we entered the world. However, children are also very egocentric, so you may well have seemed very Sagittarian, and only allowed Neptune to colour this once you grew up and recognised that others have needs too. With NN in Sag, I suspect that developing independence - and a spiritual trust in life - is one of your life lessons. Having your sun in sag helps this, while having Neptune conj Sun makes the task of individuation quite difficult - Neptune makes us unsure about where we end and others begin.
In my divorce I have always put my children's welfare first and my ex-h's rights second. This has taken enough of my concentration and energy. My Mum reminded me that I have a say too, I have rights too, and I should remember that. (I always forget - my children are my life.). I do feel a little tougher. The thing is, my ex-husband has almost the same birth aspects as me (he was born 8 days younger), so I suspect he is going through some of the changes that I am. I wonder if he is also being toughened up (although he really doesn't need any of that!).
I think it was Dr Phil who said something like the best way of looking after your children is to take really good care of their mother. I wish Dr Phil had been on TV when I went through my divorce over 20 years ago!!!

Your ex-husband sounds very insecure. A divorce affects men differently, in that they feel their ego has been tarnished, and so this makes them angry, and they need to blame someone; the obvious person for him to blame is you. It's his way of lashing out. And him dumping the guilts on to you is his attempt to stop you speaking, saying your piece, or even getting what you need. I always find it tragic how 2 people who once cared enough about one another to join their lives then end up tearing one another up. Almost all people experience this to a degree. My ex and I got on really well for the first 5 years after we split, and then I applied for a financial settlement, and that's when all hell broke loose.
I also seem to take on the anxieties and negative feelings of others. My marriage counsellor said that, about how I allow my ex-H to project and dump his negativity onto me. He said I have to write down positive things about myself and get the list out when I feel useless because of something he's said.
Neptune conj your sun can be a real dampener for your sun's `light', especially when it can increase your sensitivity to such a level. I think you are on the right track, but it is a journey, and there will be times when you slip back into old habits. It's also important to do reality checks with people you trust - such as your counsellor, and your Mum. This helps you to stay focussed.

The first 5years of life in childhood is more simply seen by the moon sign and aspects. School years is mercury.
Basic astrology
Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Remember back to your school days an opposition is 180', square 90', trine 120', and sextile 60' Now challenged aspects are conj (depending on the planets, cos some like each other and some really don't) squares and oppositions. Easy aspects are conj (if the planets get along) eg: Jupiter conj Moon, sextile and trine. Quincunx is inbetween (depending on the planets) causes health strains and unresolved or hard to balance planets/energies.

When a sun sign is conjunct a heavyweight planet from Saturn onwards, ie: Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, that sun person automatically becomes and honorary Saturian, Uranian, Neptunian and Plutonian cos the contact with very strong
Sun conj Neptune can also may you very spiritual, psychic and sacrificial and be confused to identity espec in teenage years. Also when you say you will do something, your pride and ego says yes, then Neptune -- well you may well have to stay up half the night now to complete what was asked of you, but because the pride/ego are involved you would do it.

Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

candiceaqua

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Should I try to get married before Transit Pluto conjuct my ASC Capricorn in 2014(29 years old)???

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Honey, Pluto transiting my 1st has made me look smoking compared to what I was in high school! :tongue:

:biggrin: yes Pluto is half way through my 1st house now. I recently renewed my passport, due every 10 years or so... I looked sooo much different now than I did then! A big improvement! Plus being stronger than I was then, and so many total wardrobe renewals..