Vitiligo

star2858

Hi all,

I was wondering what natal aspects you can have for this rare skin condition (for those that do not know, you lose the pigment of your skin and white patches begin to appear).

My boyfriend has vitiligo. Although we are both Asian, it is not very noticeable on him because he is very fair and it is not widespread.

Attached is his chart.

Notice the few natal aspects:-

Venus (beauty) in the 6th house of health issues. It squares saturn (skin) in the 8th house (mysterious diseases).

Mars squares the ascendant closely too.

Anyone have any ideas here? Please share experiences here! Notably, Michael Jackson had this condition. In his chart, moon squares saturn for inherited illnesses (vitiligo is inherited but is not always passed on - in the present guy's life, no one in his family had or has it)

He is otherwise a very intelligent man with a great future ahead.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Rrrr.gif
    Rrrr.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I heard somewhere - sorry, don't remember where - that the nodes (north and south) conjunct along the ascendant/descendant axis indicates skin problems. Michael Jackson, who you mention, has that node action along those axis, and my late brother, who suffered from terrible rashes and skin problems, also had his nodes along that axis... don't know about how tight the orbs need to be, but i suspect not so much, nodes can either be in the the 12th or 1st house for ascendant and either the 6th or 7th house for descendant... will try to search out the source for where I got this and get back to you...

Frisiangal

Hi,
The skin is ruled by both Libra and Capricorn, so here and aspects between their rulers is the first place I would tend to look. Dermatological problems/allergies place a pointer towards Virgo.
The Venus-Saturn square from the 6th house, as mentioned, sticks out like a sore thumb.

I remember reading once that in skin complaints of the nature mentioned, the production of melanin is out of balance. Melanin is produced by the pineal gland....ruled by Neptune in modern astrology, which is said to be 'the higher octave of Venus.' Neptune is strongly associated with the immune system and, retrograde in Capricorn, could provide insufficient help in protecting effects upon the 'boundaries of the outer skin.'
Neptune is in the 9th house, a region that has been observed to also have strong associations with nature of health other than physical disease. It trines Venus which, in Virgo, may tend to place more importance on 'blemishes' than it would in any other sign. The inconjunct from Neptune with Mercury, Venus's dispositor, may induce thoughts of embarrassed self-consciousness(in Leo 5th).

Reading some of the web sites regarding melanin problems, they do appear to be affected by the amount of light to which the skin is susceptible.
Venus-Neptune in the houses associated with career brings (behind the scenes?) artistic talents to mind in which the effect of 'artificial lighting' may be involved.The reason many on-stage (pop) artists tend to wear black clothes/dark glasses (although I strongly believe in the case of the late M.J., the 'disorder' was self-induced). If employed, does your friend's work involve 'lighting'?

You did not say whether the complaint was from birth or has appeared during life. With aspects associated with the cultural/ancestral patterns of the 9th-12th houses, this could also provide a link to its origin.

It's annoying how we light-skinned older generation tend to go the opposite way, as our outer skin takes on the darker blemishes of Saturnal age creeping on. :pouty:

Frisiangal

star2858

I heard somewhere - sorry, don't remember where - that the nodes (north and south) conjunct along the ascendant/descendant axis indicates skin problems. Michael Jackson, who you mention, has that node action along those axis, and my late brother, who suffered from terrible rashes and skin problems, also had his nodes along that axis... don't know about how tight the orbs need to be, but i suspect not so much, nodes can either be in the the 12th or 1st house for ascendant and either the 6th or 7th house for descendant... will try to search out the source for where I got this and get back to you...

Actually, you are right.

He has the North Node in the 1st house in Aries (outer self) retrograde.

I don't know you can tell if the nodes are conjunct.

star2858

Hi,
The skin is ruled by both Libra and Capricorn, so here and aspects between their rulers is the first place I would tend to look. Dermatological problems/allergies place a pointer towards Virgo.
The Venus-Saturn square from the 6th house, as mentioned, sticks out like a sore thumb.

I remember reading once that in skin complaints of the nature mentioned, the production of melanin is out of balance. Melanin is produced by the pineal gland....ruled by Neptune in modern astrology, which is said to be 'the higher octave of Venus.' Neptune is strongly associated with the immune system and, retrograde in Capricorn, could provide insufficient help in protecting effects upon the 'boundaries of the outer skin.'
Neptune is in the 9th house, a region that has been observed to also have strong associations with nature of health other than physical disease. It trines Venus which, in Virgo, may tend to place more importance on 'blemishes' than it would in any other sign. The inconjunct from Neptune with Mercury, Venus's dispositor, may induce thoughts of embarrassed self-consciousness(in Leo 5th).

Reading some of the web sites regarding melanin problems, they do appear to be affected by the amount of light to which the skin is susceptible.
Venus-Neptune in the houses associated with career brings (behind the scenes?) artistic talents to mind in which the effect of 'artificial lighting' may be involved.The reason many on-stage (pop) artists tend to wear black clothes/dark glasses (although I strongly believe in the case of the late M.J., the 'disorder' was self-induced). If employed, does your friend's work involve 'lighting'?

You did not say whether the complaint was from birth or has appeared during life. With aspects associated with the cultural/ancestral patterns of the 9th-12th houses, this could also provide a link to its origin.

It's annoying how we light-skinned older generation tend to go the opposite way, as our outer skin takes on the darker blemishes of Saturnal age creeping on. :pouty:

Frisiangal

Frisiangel,

I do also think it is the venus-saturn affliction.

My friend is a tax trainee at an accountancy firm, so it hardly involves any kind of relevant 'lighting'.

Yes, the complaint itself started when he was 6 yrs old. He is now 23.

HeyPlayGirl

i'm not very versed in astrology so do not take my post too seriously because i'm very new to this world! but i have a skin disorder too (nowhere near the extent of a vitiligo sufferer) and azimene degrees seemed dead on in my case. you should read up on them here is a link http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/azimene.php
http://www.energyhealer.us/zodiac_signs.html his uranus in sagittarius at an azimene degree 19 and it's trine his ascendant which represents the face he shows the world in the physical sense so i am ASSUMING it contributed? go ahead and bite my head off if i'm wrong :pinched:

but i have no idea if that contributed or if it even cuonts at all since i don't know what uranus would have to do with anything. i wish i coudl help.
i'm glad to hear he is positive and you say such kind words about him