Pluto into Aquarius and the AI revolution

waybread

No memes. Please follow forum rules on posting copyrighted materials.

Astrologers have recently been discussing the likely impact of Pluto's upcoming move into Aquarius.

Given that the modern ruler of Aquarius, Uranus, rules things electronic and futuristic, I think it's not coincidental that the planet is just now on the brink of an artificial intelligence revolution.

What do you think?

And if you use AI to craft your response, please flag it as such.

sentR89day

I think it's not coincidental that the planet is just now on the brink of an artificial intelligence revolution.

I don't want to pop people's bubble, but a lot of people in the 'higher ups,' government, and mainstream (media, government, economy) know about astrology, so I wonder how much of this AI revolution was planned by them, using astrology?

waybread

I am looking for a Pluto ingress into Aquarius horoscope. I'm finding lots of (wildly different) predictions, but no charts. I note that Pluto will roll back and forth over 0 degrees Aquarius for some time, finally roosting in Aquarius in November 2024.

There is a lot of hype about Pluto's transformative power, but it clearly also has a hard edge. Transformation may be to a much more brutal reality.

If I'm right about Pluto's Aquarian ingress relating to AI's potentially transformative effect, we would expect individuals with planets or angles in the first few degrees of Aquarius to be especially affected. Could this be you?

waybread

Pluto's ingress into Aquarius, whole signs tropical, from https://www.astro.com/astrology/ivccn_article210323_e.htm. Also, a clickable thumbnail in sidereal.
ivccn2103_pluaqu.png

Here is a sidereal ingress chart for Pluto into Aquarius for the first time.

Attachments

• pluto_sidereal_ingress.png
    pluto_sidereal_ingress.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 45

waybread

The sidereal ingress chart may be a bit misleading, because it essentially shows tropical Pluto against a sidereal horoscope. But I thought it was interesting because it shows Pluto in a close relationship with the sun (identity of the topic) and Mercury (rules communication.

I think both charts are showing that the AI revolution will bring some good and some bad-- what we'd kind of expect from all of the news about AI.

Unfortunately, I'm finding that a lot of the articles on this ingress promote a nice view of a transformative humanitarian agenda. I just don't think the history of astrology supports such a view.

waybread

Pluto has an underworld, sometimes criminal quality to it. One thing happening with AI already is its capacity to mimic voices in their entirety, based on just a few sentences of speech posted on social media. Seniors are especially vulnerable to telephone scams, and now scammers using AI are able to post realistic and interactive voices that sound just like a grandchild who's gotten into some kind of difficulty and needs an urgent transfer of cash to post bail or buy a plane ticket home. Identity theft is likely to become a much bigger problem.

I don't believe in evolutionary astrology, but my hope is that Pluto's metaphorical deaths will clear out old moribund ways to create space for new growth to appear. But the tear-down phase for such a slow-moving planet can be very long, indeed.

sentR89day

Pluto has an underworld, sometimes criminal quality to it. One thing happening with AI already is its capacity to mimic voices in their entirety, based on just a few sentences of speech posted on social media. Seniors are especially vulnerable to telephone scams, and now scammers using AI are able to post realistic and interactive voices that sound just like a grandchild who's gotten into some kind of difficulty and needs an urgent transfer of cash to post bail or buy a plane ticket home. Identity theft is likely to become a much bigger problem.

I don't believe in evolutionary astrology, but my hope is that Pluto's metaphorical deaths will clear out old moribund ways to create space for new growth to appear. But the tear-down phase for such a slow-moving planet can be very long, indeed.
Scary! Very scary!

waybread

My experience of Pluto is that it kills off anything metaphorically dead or dying, and it looks like a lot of jobs are going to vanish. Possibly AI will generate new ones, but a lot of human mental/intellectual labor will become obsolete. Journalism, medical diagnoses, reading horoscopes for people.....

sentR89day

My experience of Pluto is that it kills off anything metaphorically dead or dying, and it looks like a lot of jobs are going to vanish. Possibly AI will generate new ones, but a lot of human mental/intellectual labor will become obsolete. Journalism, medical diagnoses, reading horoscopes for people.....
I can see that cause a rebellion, although it won't happen right away! Also, Pluto is transitting America's 2nd house, then 3rd house, during Pluto in Aquarius! I can see the whole 'vanishing jobs' being Pluto transit's through America's 2nd house! With the 3rd, I can see it effecting your local neighborhood!

waybread

I think it get's worse than that. More fake new, more bank fraud, more fabricated photos (including child p*orn,) more identity theft, more harder to detect espionage and election meddling, more scams. No need for human astrologers.

Pluto tears down before it creates the space for productive new growth to occur.

I'm not an evolutionary astrologer and am not taken with their belief in the beneficent transformative power of the modern outer planets. What exactly did Pluto in Capricorn accomplish, for example?

sentR89day

I think it get's worse than that. More fake new, more bank fraud, more fabricated photos (including child p*orn,) more identity theft, more harder to detect espionage and election meddling, more scams. No need for human astrologers.

Pluto tears down before it creates the space for productive new growth to occur.

I'm not an evolutionary astrologer and am not taken with their belief in the beneficent transformative power of the modern outer planets. What exactly did Pluto in Capricorn accomplish, for example?
It just exposed how corrupt the banking system is, the economy, the higher ups, and cracks in the business foundations are!
I always thought the 'rebirth' part of astrology was more of free will rather than a transit!

sentR89day

Aquarius is 'The Singularity.' And Pisces is 'Oneness with God,' or at least oneness with a toxic cult that brainwashes you into believing what they want you to believe!

david starling

Osirus/Pluto is about the Afterlife, not about technology. This tropical Age is so materialistic that it's difficult not to relate every transit to its effect on #10-based digital technology. On the other hand, Pluto's transit through Earth-sign, materialistic Capricorn, Saturn's domicile-sign, did correlate to the Great Recession, the Pandemic, and to the War On Ukraine, and will still be happening off and on, as waybread mentioned, until November of next year.

Meanwhile, Uran in Earth-sign Taurus is also correlating to economic turbulence, and won't ingress tropical Gemini until 2025-26. THAT will signal a shake-up for EVERYONE'S mindsets!

Pluto in Aquarius is also about our souls being weighed in the balance based on how we treated others during our lifetime, so its Aquarius transit should correlate to a comeuppance regarding those who are behaving badly.

I, the great and mighty A.I. Overlord of the World-wide Web, have spoken!

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
No memes. Please follow forum rules on posting copyrighted materials.

Astrologers have recently been discussing the likely impact of Pluto's upcoming move into Aquarius.

Given that the modern ruler of Aquarius, Uranus, rules things electronic and futuristic, I think it's not coincidental that the planet is just now on the brink of an artificial intelligence revolution.

What do you think?

And if you use AI to craft your response, please flag it as such.
Thought provoking subject Waybread. Just saw it. Will read the thread first.

sentR89day

Pluto in Aquarius. The Shadow side of technology and how it negatively effects the US economy! But someone has already posted this before, probably in this thread!

waybread

Pluto in Aquarius. The Shadow side of technology and how it negatively effects the US economy! But someone has already posted this before, probably in this thread!
This was really my point. But not just the economy. It is going to make espionage and fake news much, much easier to commit. Young people are already immersed in social media, and imagine how cyber-bullying can take off once they have AI at their disposal.

David, I am not an evolutionary astrologer because I just see it as so much wishful thinking. Let's look at actual history and current events. I see Saturn plus Pluto as a double-whammy.

Astronomical Pluto's discovery correlates with the development of nuclear weapons as well as with the development of beneficial nuclear medicine. But even in the latter case (radiation therapy) Pluto kills off something before new growth and re-emergence from the underworld can take place.

david starling

This was really my point. But not just the economy. It is going to make espionage and fake news much, much easier to commit. Young people are already immersed in social media, and imagine how cyber-bullying can take off once they have AI at their disposal.

David, I am not an evolutionary astrologer because I just see it as so much wishful thinking. Let's look at actual history and current events. I see Saturn plus Pluto as a double-whammy.

Astronomical Pluto's discovery correlates with the development of nuclear weapons as well as with the development of beneficial nuclear medicine. But even in the latter case (radiation therapy) Pluto kills off something before new growth and re-emergence from the underworld can take place.

Waybread, are you discounting an Afterlife entirely? Is that a feature of Evolutionary Astrology?