Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Moondancing

Premium Member
How do I convince my body that it’s fully rested, even though it’s not? :innocent:

Sometimes I feel frustrated about the whole ~needing sleep aspect of being human. So much time wasted while we sleep! All the things that could be accomplished if only we were vampires.

I’m going to try to stay up all day. My body is going to tell me that it’s mad, to which I will respond, ‘how ungrateful! I gave you six whole hours of sleep the night before last night.
I'm gonna take a nap and see if I can get some of the sleep I lost last night. Try it! It's a nice feeling getting a quick nap in the middle of the day. :sleep:

Ukpoohbear

My exercises are listed on a sheet of paper that my physical therapist arranged for me and my needs. I couldn't keep up with those guys. That is very ambitious, girl! And a 4 mile uphill walk?! No wonder your sore. Look up 'legs up a wall'. It's a relaxation technique after your all done and has some great benefits. The abs routine is really nice and covers many of the ones I do. I'll follow her, I like her style and pace.

I'm not going to try for the 5k run. Just don't have it in me to push myself to go faster. I'm enjoying an easy run taking in the sunshine.

Enjoy your abs workout!

Haha yes, when I first did the walk after doing the video, my muscles didn’t get sore until I was halfway through the walk but I had to keep going lol but I do enjoy pushing myself. For me, it is almost like it takes pushing yourself to the limit before you’re properly warmed up, and when you keep going, the body feels completely free and I’m no longer stuck inside my own head. It’s pretty much like I am fighting against myself which I find therapeutic.

I had muscle fatigue a couple times, I had to Google it cos I was so worried what was wrong. Basically, it doesn’t kick in until 3 or 4 days after and then your muscle is so sore you can’t move it and you’re out for a week. I got Epsom salts to help if it happens again.

Ill look up ‘legs up a wall’ and give it a try :)

It sounds like you have a different approach to exercise which reminds me of a more creative approach, or when you get pure enjoyment from something. I have that same approach when I am cooking, it’s all about enjoying the moment. For some reason when it comes to exercise or work, it’s about fighting my own ego.

Moondancing

Premium Member
Haha yes, when I first did the walk after doing the video, my muscles didn’t get sore until I was halfway through the walk but I had to keep going lol but I do enjoy pushing myself. For me, it is almost like it takes pushing yourself to the limit before you’re properly warmed up, and when you keep going, the body feels completely free and I’m no longer stuck inside my own head. It’s pretty much like I am fighting against myself which I find therapeutic.

I had muscle fatigue a couple times, I had to Google it cos I was so worried what was wrong. Basically, it doesn’t kick in until 3 or 4 days after and then your muscle is so sore you can’t move it and you’re out for a week. I got Epsom salts to help if it happens again.

Ill look up ‘legs up a wall’ and give it a try :)

It sounds like you have a different approach to exercise which reminds me of a more creative approach, or when you get pure enjoyment from something. I have that same approach when I am cooking, it’s all about enjoying the moment. For some reason when it comes to exercise or work, it’s about fighting my own ego.
You should take it easy warming up, then let'r rip. There are muscles that have been dormant and if you strengthen the larger muscles before giving the unused muscles the attention they need, there will be injuries. Sore muscles are due to hard work and basically making small tears in the muscle. That's why resting is paramont so they repair and become stronger.

That free feeling is the addictive part! Epsom salts works. Also check out foam rolling, the people at the gym will know how to guide you. It alleviates muscle fatigue and soreness.

I've often sensed your almost spiritual energy to cooking. What a gift! I 'like' cooking but feel frustrated a lot of the time. Probably if I organized my self better it would be more enjoyable because I do see the ability to let your creativity blossom!

Forgotten Warrior

J'ai determiné. Je vais maîtiser cette langue! Bien sur, je peux vivre sans français dans ce forum. Il y a multiculturalisme dans ce forum, mais seulement dans anglais. 😅

Best of luck with the French exam!! 🥖 A baguette for good luck!

I was reading the comment section of a French song the other day, and someone commented something along the lines of, 'when the baguette hits right.' 😹

De rien. The more random, the better!
Hahaha, le multiculturalism sans le multiculturalism, si vous savez que j'ai dit!

Merci beaucoup, je l'ai prend heureuse!

Let's hope the baguette will hit the right stone.

I live for the randomness,

Ukpoohbear

You should take it easy warming up, then let'r rip. There are muscles that have been dormant and if you strengthen the larger muscles before giving the unused muscles the attention they need, there will be injuries. Sore muscles are due to hard work and basically making small tears in the muscle. That's why resting is paramont so they repair and become stronger.

That free feeling is the addictive part! Epsom salts works. Also check out foam rolling, the people at the gym will know how to guide you. It alleviates muscle fatigue and soreness.

I've often sensed your almost spiritual energy to cooking. What a gift! I 'like' cooking but feel frustrated a lot of the time. Probably if I organized my self better it would be more enjoyable because I do see the ability to let your creativity blossom!

Haha yes so after doing my housework, I didn’t do the abs exercise today, so I’ll do it tomorrow instead now. Still tired! Thankfully I have a lazy enough streak to not push myself to the extreme.

Feel free to pop round for a spiritually cooked Vegan meal anytime, MD 😻 🍽️

Opal

Premium Member
Went for an hour walk in the woods today. I feel cleansed. 🌲❄️

I decided after my walk that I’d check something off of my bucket list, to visit a private cemetery of my ancestors. I assumed that the cemetery would be easily accessible. Nope! Someone has built their mansion on what seems to be the same property as my ancestor’s graves. So, for me to visit their graves, I’d have to walk onto the homeowner’s property. I think that the person who owns the mansion is a part of my family. I don’t understand how they would be allowed to build their house there otherwise…

I was tempted to knock on their door and ask if I could visit the cemetery. This doesn’t seem fair to me though. Why should I, a descendant of the people buried there, have to be granted permission to visit my family’s graves. Seems wrong to me.

When the snow melts, I’m going back to visit the cemetery. Not my problem that they built their mansion so close to it. 🤠
Watch out for trespassing laws. They should be okay, take flowers for the gravesite.💐

Opal

Premium Member
Haunting is strange. Never used to believe in it. Graveyards were somewhere my friends and I would go hang out. It was quiet, nobody bugged you if you were respectful. Beautiful places and historic. Always enjoyed reading the names, and admiring the stonework.

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Haunting is strange. Never used to believe in it. Graveyards were somewhere my friends and I would go hang out. It was quiet, nobody bugged you if you were respectful. Beautiful places and historic. Always enjoyed reading the names, and admiring the stonework.
Never had a paranormal experience?!

Yes. Graveyards are peaceful in the physical world… I tend to feel too much of the energy bumping around at graveyards though. Souls that haven’t let go tend to dwell at their grave. Nope! Not my circus . . .
The different stonework is intriguing.
Me walking through/across a set of graves: ‘oops, sorry! Pardon me! Didn’t mean to walk over your grave!’

Ukpoohbear

And, some Vegan French fries!

In the UK, we call fries, chips, but chips in the USA are what we call crisps.

There was a huge confusion over this when I was on holiday with my family travelling to New York and we stopped at a McDonald’s on the way and asked for chips and McDonald’s told us they didn’t sell any, and there was a big confusion for a good 10 minutes before we asked for fries 🍟 😂

david starling

In the UK, we call fries, chips, but chips in the USA are what we call crisps.

There was a huge confusion over this when I was on holiday with my family travelling to New York and we stopped at a McDonald’s on the way and asked for chips and McDonald’s told us they didn’t sell any, and there was a big confusion for a good 10 minutes before we asked for fries 🍟 😂

Do they sell "French chips" at a McDonald's in the U.K.?

Ukpoohbear

Do they sell "French chips" at a McDonald's in the U.K.?

Haha, just McDonald’s chips.

Although technically they probably are French fries because are small and thin. Whereas chips are thicker.

Let’s take a moment to appreciate how nice chips/fries/French fries are though. Fried potato heaven.

David, when you think of UK cuisine, what comes to mind?

david starling

Haha, just McDonald’s chips.

Although technically they probably are French fries because are small and thin. Whereas chips are thicker.

Let’s take a moment to appreciate how nice chips/fries/French fries are though. Fried potato heaven.

David, when you think of UK cuisine, what comes to mind?

Good fish and chips. Hard to find here.