Natal Mars in Cancer

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Hi all :joyful:,

I’m wondering about how other natal Mars in Cancer folk have experienced their Mars being in Cancer.
I see many generic descriptions about the placement that for the most part aren’t true. I think this is the most accurate description I’ve found of my natal Mars in Cancer (scroll to “if you were born with Mars in Cancer): https://www.tarot.com/astrology/planets/mars-in-cancer

I’m looking forward to hearing from other natal Mars in Cancer natives about their experience with this placement. 😊

Edit: I gave too much information about myself on this post. Cleaning up.

Last edited:

blackbery

Interesting fact.

More boxers have :mars::cancer: than any other sign (2nd one is :mars::taurus:).

I think it's really beneficial for people with this aspect to engage in sports to relieve that pent up water energy.
Or they can become very defensive i.e. 'moody'.
They may not even be aware that they are driven by instinct, by their feelings but they are.

:mars::cancer: is in its 'fall' but I don't pay much attention to that. It's CARDINAL. It's the Leader, even if done in a
more quiet way than say :mars::leo:.
Majority of people have NO idea how tenacious this aspect is....they think the people are weak but the truth is
that :mars::cancer: have plans/goals that they keep hidden....until they need to reveal. The crab is super-protective....of
themselves & others.
No other sign will go to the lengths that this aspect will do to protect their loved ones, particularly their children.
They will lay down their lives for them.
ALL signs will do anything to protect their families & loved ones but :mars::cancer: will go that extra step.

Famous Quote from a Mars in Cancer Athlete:
"Swimming is normal for me. I'm relaxed. I'm comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It's my home."

Can you guess who that :mars::cancer: athlete is?

🤗🤗🤗

blackbery

Hi all :joyful:,

I’m wondering about how other natal Mars in Cancer folk have experienced their Mars being in Cancer.
I see many generic descriptions about the placement that for the most part aren’t true. I think this is the most accurate description I’ve found of my natal Mars in Cancer (scroll to “if you were born with Mars in Cancer): https://www.tarot.com/astrology/planets/mars-in-cancer

I like the description in your link; it's more nuanced that many others.
Another thing I notice with :mars: :cancer: is that people are VERY patriotic to their home country.
There was a reason the Founding Fathers (many who were astrologers) picked July 4th; they wanted Americans to love
their country & be very attached to it....typical crab attributes....& to defend it when necessary.
Remember, the US fought the British Army to obtain their Freedom which not not an easy thing; it took years & many
sacrifices to win against the greatest army at that time.

My favourite tennis player has :mars::cancer: & he's very protective of his family, his homeland of Serbia....& has stood up for
those fighting against the covid vaxx (he never got jabbed & was banned from major Grand Slams).
He has spoken up for tennis players who are ranked very low but are superb athletes, demanding that they get paid much
more when they play in satelitte or smaller tournaments).
He is not more moody than other players but he focuses all that energy into his sport.

astro_w2gw_novak_djokovic_adb.13476.105732.png

Opal

Premium Member
How do you feel about your mother?
Hi Waybread,

And UranianPluto, and all😉

Interesting question, for me there is tension. We love each other, but there are many issues. A lot of why I haven’t been here lately is dealing with, her increased dementia, and the issues that surround our family insanity.

But, my 8th house 3 degree Cancer Mars, is in opposition to my 2nd house Indirect 29 degree Sag Moon too.

I see your point though, even without the opposition, it makes sense.

Opal

Premium Member
Funny. I wanted to do boxing when I was in middle school, but my mother wasn’t for it because of the head injuries.

I think Mars in Cancer could be an intuitive placement. Anytime I haven’t followed my intuition, it’s backfired. That said, I do have Mars trine Pluto in my First House and trine my Ascendant. Maybe this helps.

I do keep most of my plans/goals hidden. 😅

When I was in high school I found out that a childhood friend of mine who just entered high school was being bullied by a group of guys in his grade. They were being really mean to him. A friend and I caught the leader of the group off guard in front of a crowd of people and essentially said that we’d make his life hell if he ever went at *insert childhood friend’s name* again.

There was a time I found out that one of my high school best friend’s nudes were posted online by her adult bf. I slashed his tires with her.

My approach to going the extra mile to protect someone now is definitely more mature. 😹
I think that my untamed Pluto played into my approaches of protecting people when I was below the age of eighteen. :biggrin:

I Googled the quote. Michael Phelps. 😏 I love swimming and being in water. I learned how to swim without a lifejacket etc., by the time I was three. I couldn’t stand seeing my older brother swimming freely while I was restricted by ‘water wings.’
Interesting, yeah, I agree, I protect people. I have no problem standing up to bullies. Even if I should probably mind my own business, I probably won’t. It has got me in situations, but if there is an underdog situation, I can’t help or stop myself.

As for swimming, I was a very competitive swimmer, very fast butterfly and back, also a lifeguard and swim instructor.

Opal

Premium Member
I like the description in your link; it's more nuanced that many others.
Another thing I notice with :mars: :cancer: is that people are VERY patriotic to their home country.
There was a reason the Founding Fathers (many who were astrologers) picked July 4th; they wanted Americans to love
their country & be very attached to it....typical crab attributes....& to defend it when necessary.
Remember, the US fought the British Army to obtain their Freedom which not not an easy thing; it took years & many
sacrifices to win against the greatest army at that time.

My favourite tennis player has :mars::cancer: & he's very protective of his family, his homeland of Serbia....& has stood up for
those fighting against the covid vaxx (he never got jabbed & was banned from major Grand Slams).
He has spoken up for tennis players who are ranked very low but are superb athletes, demanding that they get paid much
more when they play in satelitte or smaller tournaments).
He is not more moody than other players but he focuses all that energy into his sport.
With the patriotic stuff, yes and no. I am but, for that Canadians, I would say I lean more towards protectionism, from my Cree ancestry. I am protecting the land, people’s and the animals that should have access.

Charity stuff again. Protect.

CapAquaPis

(from a related post on this thread's page 1): Having a Cancer rising, I say this is connected to Dutch and Flemish-Belgian ancestry of my father's side from the northernmost area of France, but its my late mother seems to held a stronger influence in my life, and this is clearly related to my own Aquarius moon conjunct sun placement, as the moon rules Cancer, and my mom had a similar Aquarius moon yet appears to cusp Pisces in her natal chart. The (my 8th) sun and moon represent both my parents when it comes to astro-genealogy studies. https://www.astrology.org.uk/astro-genealogy-searching-for-my-story-by-jayne-logan/ ...and also https://astroscribe.com/fundamentals-of-ancestral-astrology/

Opal

Premium Member
(from a related post on this thread's page 1): Having a Cancer rising, I say this is connected to Dutch and Flemish-Belgian ancestry of my father's side from the northernmost area of France, but its my late mother seems to held a stronger influence in my life, and this is clearly related to my own Aquarius moon conjunct sun placement, as the moon rules Cancer, and my mom had a similar Aquarius moon yet appears to cusp Pisces in her natal chart. The (my 8th) sun and moon represent both my parents when it comes to astro-genealogy studies. https://www.astrology.org.uk/astro-genealogy-searching-for-my-story-by-jayne-logan/ ...and also https://astroscribe.com/fundamentals-of-ancestral-astrology/
Very interesting, thanks!

I have mars in cancer and mars is on my ascendant. I cannot swim! But the movement of water has always calmed me. I would run to the lake in my younger years and just sit there especially when I was troubled. I wholeheartedly agree with physical exercise. I have been working way too much as work lately and have missed the gym. I do not feel good unless I get the exercise. Always fighting for the underdog. I have to learn that my intuition is the one thing that always can lead me in the right direction despite my logical side wanting to shadow box my intuition into the water. I was always extremely shy as a child and told I was always in my shell. I grew out of that though in many ways. My Mars is busy - square the sun, opposite saturn moon, and jupiter, trine mercury, venus and neptune and sextile pluto, and trine MC. By my early adult years I have to admit the mars being a bit more feisty and confrontational but now it has learned some wisdom and always room for more. A work in progress especially when dealing with my saturn.