Will I make a full recovery from this illness?

shelley11

Hi, forum members. I've been ill since January of 2022, and working hard on recovering. I became hyperthyroid in January, and lost 20 pounds (went down to 88 lbs). I've pursued alternative medicine (acupuncture and homeopathy) to heal from this, but it's been a slow and difficult process, with many ups and downs thus far. I think the thyroid is in remission since I don't have those symptoms any longer, and bloodwork looks good. But, the weight loss caused other problems (heart and respiratory). I've read that weight restoration could fix the problem, and I'm working on regaining the weight now. But my question is, will I make a full recovery from this? I'm jupiter, which is retrograde and separating from a trine with venus (ruler of 6th). Since it is separating, does that indicate a negative answer? On the other hand, moon is applying to trine mercury and conjunct mars. Are these positive indications? Hoping someone more experienced can shed some light---thank you for your time interpreting my chart.

Attachments

• 1660853905416.png
    1660853905416.png
    287 KB · Views: 50

waybread

I think your chances are good. You are ruled by Jupiter; and your 6th house of health, by Venus. The two planets are involved in a partile trine.

shelley11

I think your chances are good. You are ruled by Jupiter; and your 6th house of health, by Venus. The two planets are involved in a partile trine.
Thank you, Waybread. Does the retrograde motion of Jupiter indicate that I can recover, but with some difficulty? Also, is there an indication of timing in the chart? I'm hoping it will be soon because the heart/breathing symptoms are terrifying sometimes.

waybread

I have to stress that I am not a medical professional, just an amateur astrologer, so your doctors are you best advisors for your health condition, not me.

Jupiter retrograde is not as strong as Jupiter direct, but it is still beneficial. Traditionally Venus and Jupiter are called "benefics," so they should be some help. Leo is one of the traditional rulers of the heart. The moon in your 6th house of health looks a little troubled, closely surrounded by disruptive Uranus and Mars, but the moon is exalted in Taurus and it makes a partile trine to an exalted Mercury in Virgo-- Mercury is one of the rulers of breathing. Moon-Mercury should be beneficial, as well.

I would suggest that you periodically track transits in your natal chart, to see what the road ahead looks like. The 6th house rules your health generally, so the planetary ruler of your 6th house of health, or planets in or transiting the 6th should give you some clues.

Unfortunately I don't predict timing of events. There are several methods for doing this, and they give different results, so they don't give me a lot of confidence in their accuracy.

Best wishes, shelley11. I hope you feel better soon.

shelley11

Thanks for the detailed response, Waybread. I definitely listen to my doc's advice, but need help interpreting astro charts sometimes. And I know this stuff is just for fun. :)

I'd seen some of the things you mentioned in the chart and was hopeful, until I saw the applying square of moon and Saturn a few minutes ago. That's really bad, isn't it? Or could it just mean I may have to go through some hardship before I recover? Also, does the sun rule the heart, too (since it rules Leo)? If so, the moon squares sun in this chart. Does this mean I could have some heart trouble?

I've been looking at the transits/progressions, as well. In looking at the transits, there were a couple of times I thought I'd be cured, but they turned out to be periods of transition to improvement, but not cure. I wish I were more of an expert so I'd have a better idea. Need more practice, I suppose. Thanks again for your help.

IleneK

Premium Member
:)

I'd seen some of the things you mentioned in the chart and was hopeful, until I saw the applying square of moon and Saturn a few minutes ago. That's really bad, isn't it? Or could it just mean I may have to go through some hardship before I recover? Also, does the sun rule the heart, too (since it rules Leo)? If so, the moon squares sun in this chart. Does this mean I could have some heart trouble?
I think that Moon Saturn applying to exact square right now, in partile square and very close, by minutes, may point more to the stress you are undergoing currently and very soon to be over, rather than coming up in your life. So I would not fret too much about its continuation. Moon is strong in exaltation and Saturn, also, by dignity. For some reason this seems good to me, providing you with strength to move through what is going on.
I am wishing you the best,

shelley11

I think that Moon Saturn applying to exact square right now, in partile square and very close, by minutes, may point more to the stress you are undergoing currently and very soon to be over, rather than coming up in your life. So I would not fret too much about its continuation. Moon is strong in exaltation and Saturn, also, by dignity. For some reason this seems good to me, providing you with strength to move through what is going on.
I am wishing you the best,
Thanks, Ilenek. I was wondering if it could mean this, as well. I'm glad you think so. It's taken a lot of strength to get this far. I will keep going. Here's something interesting: I had moon conjunct Saturn (by 1 degree) in my solar return chart this year. What a year! If I may ask, do you generally think the horary chart indicates the possibility of full recovery? Thanks again for your interpretation.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks, Ilenek. I was wondering if it could mean this, as well. I'm glad you think so. It's taken a lot of strength to get this far. I will keep going. Here's something interesting: I had moon conjunct Saturn (by 1 degree) in my solar return chart this year. What a year! If I may ask, do you generally think the horary chart indicates the possibility of full recovery? Thanks again for your interpretation.
You are welcome.
I couldn't say for sure if you will make a full recovery which is why I did not answer the question. I do like the trine between your two significators, and they seem to generally be of similar dignity, essential and accidental. The fact that your sig, Jup in Aries, is rejected by the illness/Venus by reception suggests to me that you may have some defense or resistance against the illness.
But I do not do medical/health horary much at all and so could not say if you will have full recovery. In my old mind, I actually think whether or not you will have a full recovery may not be the most important question anyway. You just want to continue to improve and be very kind and patient with yourself AND with the illness.

shelley11

You are welcome.
I couldn't say for sure if you will make a full recovery which is why I did not answer the question. I do like the trine between your two significators, and they seem to generally be of similar dignity, essential and accidental. The fact that your sig, Jup in Aries, is rejected by the illness/Venus by reception suggests to me that you may have some defense or resistance against the illness.
But I do not do medical/health horary much at all and so could not say if you will have full recovery. In my old mind, I actually think whether or not you will have a full recovery may not be the most important question anyway. You just want to continue to improve and be very kind and patient with yourself AND with the illness.
Those are wise words, thanks for that. I've been trying to have patience with myself and my progress, but it's not always easy. Meditation has helped, though. We'll see what happens...

LostNOzarks

Thank you. I didn't note the placidus house system. I was responding by assumption it was regio chart. I guessin I was lazy on details.
Not sure I follow since this is a horary chart with Sag rising rather than natal?
Unless OP also has Sag rising natally?

LostNOzarks

Eat and graze like a horse would on things that come from ground. Stay off the processed or produced foods. Have you also had skin conditions? Carrot and Kale salads with Avocado and no saturated fats = plant based diet to balance. Let your body balance itself. It will take a year, maybe. Brewers yeast and wheat germ. Thyroid eaters have to detox from junk foods. I saw that name again on this site - Fresengal - that astrologer does a lot of good health readings.

Last edited:

shelley11

Eat and graze like a horse would on things that come from ground. Stay off the processed or produced foods. Have you also had skin conditions?
That's good advice. I've been eating only organic foods that I prepare myself for the past 15 years. Never eat processed stuff. I do have seborrheic dermatitis (flakiness) of face and scalp, though. Exfoliating helps. I wish I could move back north, though---my skin was much better there. When you say to eat things that come from the ground, do you mean vegetarian?

shelley11

Carrot and Kale salads with Avocado and no saturated fats = plant based diet to balance. Let your body balance itself. It will take a year, maybe. Brewers yeast and wheat germ. Thyroid eaters have to detox from junk foods. I saw that name again on this site - Fresengal - that astrologer does a lot of good health readings.
Yes, I noticed that I do feel better when I eat avocado. Beans, too, and spinach. I need to eat more of these things. I wonder if fruits are bad because of the sugar content. I do have wheat germ in the fridge but haven't used it much; I'll try it again.

I searched for a member named Fresengal on this site, but nothing came up...

waybread

She spells it Frisiangal. She has formally studied medical astrology. You can also find her as Friesiangal on the Astrodienst forum www.astro.com.

Moon square Saturn is a concern-- I just noticed that both the moon's trine to Mercury and square to Saturn are partile. Using traditional aspects only, Saturn does not aspect Mercury. Saturn is domiciled in Aquarius. Supposedly a domicile takes the edge of a planet's potentially negative effects.

shelley11

She spells it Frisiangal. She has formally studied medical astrology. You can also find her as Friesiangal on the Astrodienst forum www.astro.com.

Moon square Saturn is a concern-- I just noticed that both the moon's trine to Mercury and square to Saturn are partile. Using traditional aspects only, Saturn does not aspect Mercury. Saturn is domiciled in Aquarius. Supposedly a domicile takes the edge of a planet's potentially negative effects.
Thanks, I'll look for Frisiangal/Friesiangal.

I wonder if the moon-Saturn square just indicates hardship on the road to recovery, or if it could be a passing influence that may soon be over, as Ilenek suggests. I hope so.

waybread

Shelley, I absolutely respect your privacy, but if you wish to provide a few more details and to name your health conditions, it would be easier to fine-tune a chart-reading.

shelley11

Shelley, I absolutely respect your privacy, but if you wish to provide a few more details and to name your health conditions, it would be easier to fine-tune a chart-reading.
Sure, do you just need the name of the health conditions? I had hyperthyroidism at the beginning, but I believe the thyroid is back to normal now (although there is still occasional swelling in the throat). I still experience heart palpitations/pain, and difficulty breathing, which are related to the extreme weight loss. It has to do with an electrolyte imbalance from the extreme weight loss and malnourishment. It's called Refeeding Syndrome (the body has difficulty when eating because there aren't enough electrolytes to process the food, so you get heart/respiratory symptoms).

Birth details
17 September 1974
1:46 p.m.
Washington DC