Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

I just remembered, another dude I know is born 4 days before me, and he is constantly talking about the cars he modifies... he is quite the hobbyist with regard to racing but by no means professional. The impression I get is that he is pretty well respected in his circle.

My first "obsession" (first four years of my life) was with vehicles and I would always watch the speed channel. But then the myriad things that interests me had taken over and my attention was all over the place.

I didn't grow up to be a car guy, but it was noteworthy that I naturally just started driving... I didn't need much in the way of lessons and pretty much went on the main roads a day after I began driving. Maybe that's aptitude, maybe not.

david starling

I just remembered, another dude I know is born 4 days before me, and he is constantly talking about the cars he modifies... he is quite the hobbyist with regard to racing but by no means professional. The impression I get is that he is pretty well respected in his circle.

My first "obsession" (first four years of my life) was with vehicles and I would always watch the speed channel. But then the myriad things that interests me had taken over and my attention was all over the place.

I didn't grow up to be a car guy, but it was noteworthy that I naturally just started driving... I didn't need much in the way of lessons and pretty much went on the main roads a day after I began driving. Maybe that's aptitude, maybe not.

Yeah, that's aptitude.

Something I've noticed--the combustion engine guys hate electric cars, including hybrids.

david starling

As far as riding motorcycles goes, I tried it and liked it. Except for one thing--I knew I'd never be able to split lanes, or kick a dent in someone's car door, if they deliberately cut me off. I just don't have the concentration or aggression necessary to be a real biker. So, I gave up on riding motorcycles. I admire the guys who can, though.

david starling

There's a song called "Dust in the Wind....("all we are is dust in the wind")

More like "Rats in a Cage"!

Alrighty then, time to check the transits to see what inspired that bit of cheer--

Moon's approaching exact conjunction with rNeptune in tropical Pisces.

Sun's approaching exact opposition with rSaturn in Aqua.
And....the trio of :northnode::uranus::mars: is within orb for the t-square in Taurus.

Ukpoohbear

It reminds me of a scene from the movie ‘Meet Joe Black,’ with Brad Pitt. He is playing the part of a grim reaper who wants to stay on Earth and the Jamaican woman tells him that Earth looks nice but we are all lonely underneath it and you get burnt eventually.

I tried to post a link to the YouTube video here bht all the options are greyed out, so I posted it on the Doom and Gloom page instead.

Just read on a YouTube comment that the Jamaican woman died a couple of years ago at age 102!

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Hey David, I was feeling a bit wistful/melancholy too last night, I think it was the Moon approaching Neptune too. I quite like moments of wistfulness and sadness because it is grounding and quieter. It centres me again.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Alrighty then, time to check the transits to see what inspired that bit of cheer--

Moon's approaching exact conjunction with rNeptune in tropical Pisces.

Sun's approaching exact opposition with rSaturn in Aqua.
And....the trio of :northnode::uranus::mars: is within orb for the t-square in Taurus.
Huh. Pisces is my 11th, so, normally, anything passing through there brings joyful times.

What does Neptune cause though?