Am I (or do I have potential to be) a true submissive/BDSM slave?

irishstar88

Hi folks!

As can prob tell from my title...am very much going through a sun in 8th house transit at mo lol

Long story short - am really at a kind of crossroads in my life and really need to make some decisions and in terms of which path to focus on. And one of them is that of being a BSDM slave...and actually truly committing to this life style.

I am definitely kinky, submissive etc - but is there any indicators in my chart of actual like, sacred devotion/slave commitment to a Master/owner? Is it part of my "fate" I suppose - or at least, just part of my...journey.....

Im leaning towards yes....but be very curious to see if it is supported by my chart - as more than just a bedroom kink - but a lifestyle.

Attachments

• Natal Chart.jpg
    Natal Chart.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 53

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi folks!

As can prob tell from my title...am very much going through a sun in 8th house transit at mo lol

If you are, you've posted the wrong chart. According to that chart, your eighth house is in Aries and Taurus. That's not where the sun is at this time of year.

Without knowing if the chart is correct, I can't give you astrological feedback, but I would treat your question similarly to any "should I commit to this relationship" question. Presumably, you wouldn't be asking this question if there weren't a potential Master/owner in your life for you to commit to. Do you already have a dom/sub relationship with this person? What does it mean to you? What would being a BDSM slave mean to you? How would committing to this lifestyle be different from where you are now? What would it mean to you?

Astrology can help us explore, but it's up to you to fill in the details.

irishstar88

Thanks Osamenor for the reply and great questions, much appreciated.

And sorry yes, your right!...it's my correct chart but I got the transit wrong. I think it's Mars that is actually transiting my 8th??...rather than my sun ☀️

And yes, there is a potential Master....but more so a few very helpful mentors who have been helping me process where I am at on this journey....and where it seems I may very well be heading.

This has been something that's been bubbling away inside me for a while, possibly my whole life....and i suppose I just want the added confirmation from a source that is outside of the BDSM world!

I've had a very strong sexual drive my whole life - but also addiction issues which have included sex addiction as well...and past trauma etc...have received help for everything and continue to attend therapy etc in one form or another.

And regardless of Master or not, I do think actually channeling my energy and time and focus into this lifestyle (with ultimate goal of being owned) would actually really work for me...and probably suit me and my "make up" quite well....and probably allow for some powerful healing/growth.

I am also an artist and my whole practice is being influenced my my whole "sub/slave" experience and I feel like..I could really go quite deep into this whole area art wise as well.

So yes, it feels like everything is almost poised to take off in this direction shall we say ..and I'm curious just if there is anything in my chart that would confirm such a 'deep' commitment to such a lifestyle :)

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks Osamenor for the reply and great questions, much appreciated.

And sorry yes, your right!...it's my correct chart but I got the transit wrong. I think it's Mars that is actually transiting my 8th??...rather than my sun ☀️

Mars transits your eighth house every two years. Presumably, you don't confront this question every two years.

The relevant transit, I think, is Pluto opposite your Sun. That's been going on the last couple of years. Pluto to Sun blasts Pluto's taboo, stirring things up, obsessive, dark energy at your sense of self and your core being (Sun). It's a very potent transformative time. If you're into BDSM, it's natural for those desires to be extra potent for you right now, and for you to want to surrender to them completely. Confronting past trauma and addiction, especially of a sexual nature, is also very Plutonian, and the healthiest response you could have to a Pluto - Sun transit.

You also have Neptune coming in for an opposition to your Moon. That could also be linked with a desire to surrender, very deeply and completely, and it's a great transit for spurring creativity.

I am definitely kinky, submissive etc - but is there any indicators in my chart of actual like, sacred devotion/slave commitment to a Master/owner? Is it part of my "fate" I suppose - or at least, just part of my...journey.....

Im leaning towards yes....but be very curious to see if it is supported by my chart - as more than just a bedroom kink - but a lifestyle.

If you hadn't told me that you practice BDSM, I wouldn't have picked it out of your chart. Birth charts don't reveal that, not definitively. What they show is why you would, if you do. What's in it for you, deep down.

With that in mind, there are several parts of your chart that become keys. To name a few:

- Your Saturn/Uranus conjunction. Saturn rules your fifth house of sexuality (fifth is the traditional house of sexuality; eighth also reflects sexuality but can say some different things about it). Uranus is the unusual, revolutionary, out of the box. That conjunction is the focal point of both a yod and a t-square. Planets that are the focal point of an aspect pattern, especially a challenging one like a yod or a t-square, are planets that WILL NOT be ignored. You have to integrate them in order to function well. That can be quite challenging, especially in the case of a yod. Doing something unusual and out of the box with your sexuality is a response to that.

Saturn is the planet of authority. It represents masters and mentors. It also represents self authority and hard won wisdom.

- Venus at your MC square your nodes. Venus represents who and what attracts us, how we attract others, and our general style of loving and relating. The nodal axis represents, among other things, life path. Where you started from, where you're going. Squares to the nodes can indicate lessons to learn, something that must be integrated, probably over a long process, or, interestingly, temptations. The midheaven being the highest point in the chart, it can represent people who are above us, who have authority over us. It also says something about how we ourselves handle authority over others, if we have it. What kind of boss you have, and what kind of boss you are if you yourself are the boss.

Venus at the midheaven could indicate a dominant style of loving, or a desire to be dominated by a partner. Since you've said you're submissive, my guess is that the desire to be dominated wins out for you, or perhaps that you've had to learn it, it didn't come naturally at first. Maybe you are, or have been, dominant in other areas of your life.

- Another t-square pointing to your Mars may suggest significant challenges around sexuality for you, especially since Mars rules your eighth house and is placed in the seventh (eighth whole sign). One of the squaring planets being Neptune suggests a strong possibility of addiction. Or of desire to surrender. Or of a spiritual element to your sexuality. Or all of the above.

It could be delved into even more. The short answer is, your desires aren't unsupported by your chart.

It sound like you have a lot of good support from people in the BDSM community, and a decent sense of what you're getting into. The one caveat that comes to mind for me is that your desire for such complete surrender will probably fade some when your Pluto - Sun and Neptune - Moon transits move on. Whether that means the desire goes away completely or just becomes a little less intense, or anything in between, I don't know, but don't assume you'll feel the same way forever. It's a journey, not a destination.

Last edited:

irishstar88

Thank you so much for an amazing, in depth response Osamenor!

Mars transits your eighth house every two years. Presumably, you don't confront this question every two years.
Lol...no....thankfully!!...its been quite intense

The relevant transit, I think, is Pluto opposite your Sun. That's been going on the last couple of years. Pluto to Sun blasts Pluto's taboo, stirring things up, obsessive, dark energy at your sense of self and your core being (Sun). It's a very potent transformative time. If you're into BDSM, it's natural for those desires to be extra potent for you right now, and for you to want to surrender to them completely. Confronting past trauma and addiction, especially of a sexual nature, is also very Plutonian, and the healthiest response you could have to a Pluto - Sun transit.
Wow yes...."surrendering to them completely" is exactly where it feels it is at...and has been building to this point for quite some time. The desires are most certainly extra potent. It has been a very intense roller coaster and I suppose, quite confusing at times in terms of threading the line of addiction/trauma/recovery vs. BDSM/'taboo' desires/needs/wants.....and trying to walk my own path through it all....in a healthy way.

You also have Neptune coming in for an opposition to your Moon. That could also be linked with a desire to surrender, very deeply and completely, and it's a great transit for spurring creativity.
Omg if this is only starting to come in - and will bring more surrender....I think I might be officially scared lol....

Excited for the creativity though and do have a very exciting project coming up over next few months :)
If you hadn't told me that you practice BDSM, I wouldn't have picked it out of your chart. Birth charts don't reveal that, not definitively. What they show is why you would, if you do. What's in it for you, deep down.

With that in mind, there are several parts of your chart that become keys. To name a few:
You have a wonderful way with words Osamenor

- Your Saturn/Uranus conjunction. Saturn rules your fifth house of sexuality (fifth is the traditional house of sexuality; eighth also reflects sexuality but can say some different things about it). Uranus is the unusual, revolutionary, out of the box. That conjunction is the focal point of both a yod and a t-square. Planets that are the focal point of an aspect pattern, especially a challenging one like a yod or a t-square, are planets that WILL NOT be ignored. You have to integrate them in order to function well. That can be quite challenging, especially in the case of a yod. Doing something unusual and out of the box with your sexuality is a response to that.
Wow!!...

I have definitely felt that Saturn/Uranus conjunction deep in my soul my whole life. It has been quite painful. I'm still grasping the whole concepts of the yods and t-squares but I can understand what you mean. But yes, the integration of these planets has certainly been challenging - and I suppose its fascinating and a relief and exciting to learn that part of the integration is linked to my sexuality and allowing myself the freedom to own my unusual sexuality

- Venus at your MC square your nodes. Venus represents who and what attracts us, how we attract others, and our general style of loving and relating. The nodal axis represents, among other things, life path. Where you started from, where you're going. Squares to the nodes can indicate lessons to learn, something that must be integrated, probably over a long process, or, interestingly, temptations.
Very interesting!
- Another t-square pointing to your Mars may suggest significant challenges around sexuality for you, especially since Mars rules your eighth house and is placed in the seventh (eighth whole sign). One of the squaring planets being Neptune suggests a strong possibility of addiction. Or of desire to surrender. Or of a spiritual element to your sexuality. Or all of the above.
THIS! This is what is actually probably causing me the most confusion. Because yes, it is all of above; addiction, desire to surrender and very much a spiritual element to my sexuality which has been becoming stronger and stronger over the last year or so. To the point where becoming a slave is very much about servitude and service on a physical, creative, sexual and spiritual level and becoming a core part of my daily experience on all levels. But yes, thank you.....this is the crux of the whole thing for me at the moment...very much hit the nail on the head.
It could be delved into even more. The short answer is, your desires aren't unsupported by your chart.

It sound like you have a lot of good support from people in the BDSM community, and a decent sense of what you're getting into. The one caveat that comes to mind for me is that your desire for such complete surrender will probably fade some when your Pluto - Sun and Neptune - Moon transits move on. Whether that means the desire goes away completely or just becomes a little less intense, or anything in between, I don't know, but don't assume you'll feel the same way forever. It's a journey, not a destination.
Tbh I would welcome it being less intense. It just has so full on with many wonderfully juicy aspects and waves of downloads - but also quite complex and confusing!

Anyways, you hit on everything and it just feels like a huge relief to have this now to bounce off and help integrate things that bit more...so that I can move along that little bit more on my journey :)

Thanks again Osamenor, much appreciated.

Osamenor

Staff member
Omg if this is only starting to come in - and will bring more surrender....I think I might be officially scared lol....

Excited for the creativity though and do have a very exciting project coming up over next few months :)

As the Neptune opposition comes in, Pluto is moving on. You still have Pluto within orb of opposition to your Sun, but its last direct hit will be in December of this year. After that, it will stay in orb into 2023, but the greatest intensity of that transit will be fading. Meanwhile, Neptune won't make its first direct opposition to your Moon until mid 2023.

The transits overlap a little, but it's a case of the Pluto transit fading away as the Neptune transit strengthens.

The intensity you're feeling now would be a Pluto kind of intensity. Neptune intensity is different. I expect you're feeling a touch of Neptune too, because it's starting to get close enough to direct opposition with your Moon to be felt, but the full force of that transit isn't going to hit until Pluto's full force is starting to dissipate.

To the point where becoming a slave is very much about servitude and service on a physical, creative, sexual and spiritual level and becoming a core part of my daily experience on all levels. But yes, thank you.....this is the crux of the whole thing for me at the moment...very much hit the nail on the head.

Service and servitude are Virgo themes. With Virgo Moon and Virgo rising, it's natural for those themes to be core for you, although most people with Virgo placements do not interpret service and servitude in that particular way. Since you do, and Neptune is starting to touch your Virgo Moon, from Pisces, which is the sign of ultimate surrender, and your seventh house of partnership... this is how it's playing out for you.

More generally, Virgo is about the kind of service we give society. That doesn't always look like service as it's usually defined. It can, in fact, be a selfish pursuit on the surface: an artist taking the time to create, a writer taking the time to write, setting aside all other responsibilities. But the end result serves society, in that it creates something others can enjoy and find meaning in.