Am i a stereotypical saturn conjunct moon person?

As life passes me by, certain themes keep reappearing and i keep reflecting on them, trying to make sense of everything. Bear with me if this sounds long, but maybe someone else feels the same way?

- I'm a walking contradiction, impatient and impulsive at times, yet always aware of consequences, so i end up contemplating on how to react to life's circumstances, lots of reflection and anticipation, and then i end up in a quandry, feeling as if I'm treading around life on knife's edge.

-factual and logical yet turbulent, old fashioned yet outrageous at times, opinionated yet easygoing, this yet that. Quite hard to find real belonging as all social creatures do, if that were my intention.

- suffering from thought paralysis. Should i do this? What if... then a 1001 possibilities emerge. For example, when hard at work, i can outperform, yet i get put off by the thought of it. Same thing when deciding what to eat. It's as if I'm trying to calculate what would bring me greatest satisfaction.

- i can feel positive emotions but superficially, only the negatives manifest strongly. If there is a response to something positive, it is an instinctual/mental yet unfeeling one. e.g knowing something/someone looks beautiful, but feel no real attraction or fulfillment at the sight. When in intimate situations, actions that normally arise in such situations come naturally, despite not having been in said situations until these recent few years. Again, no feelings. It's as if it's just my male brain on autopilot, and I don't mean the sexual, biological instincts, but just the characteristically masculine part.

- i have had people say "i love you" to me before or show obvious interest, but no feelings on my end because I can't feel romantic attraction. I'm also not easily enthused by others' liking of me, just the same old detachment on my part, thus none of the energies that encourage bonding of any kind.

Yet, it wasn't always like that, and I've never even been in love before, that could've exposed me to hurt. So i doubt i have always been aromantic. Also, i do have my favorite love songs and appreciate depictions of same.

paradoxically, despite disconnection and the dominant preference of isolation, i have crossed paths with a few people whose being has motivated the benevolent, lighter side of me, as if just dormant and waiting to be awoken. Still, it has an impersonal side to it.

-i used to have the sensation of an elevated dimension to every new day, new experience in my teenage years. no longer, just dull dreariness. hobbies just offer mild satisfaction that don't last long, achieving something doesn't feel rewarding.

-i have great aspirations, yet none of the patience. quickly get disenchanted, seeing things going nowhere, immediately proceed with something else. end up not achieving anything. lack of mental energy, focus. The greatest irony is that i have many hobbies and interests, yet I don't feel like my life is enriched. I'm not even consciously aiming for anything in half of them, which could otherwise cause dissatisfaction and possibly explain a lack of fulfillment despite having interests.

-cynical, seeing negative patterns in everything. something to do with being only able to feel the negatives?

-0 patience

- only aspiration, to get rich and live alone self sufficiently, away from any form of social obligation. not even a desire for companionship. already facing a big hurdle in anticpating great difficulty in career since i need to choose one that motivates, or will immediately lose drive. also the involvement of society/ the other people that discourages. I need autonomy and freedom and don't like working below and taking orders or having to deal with the inconveniences, or worse, that having to mingle with society brings.

-life feels stagnant, don't feel any difference from a decade ago. I can't understand how everyone else clearly doesn't see life as a form of paying dues on purgatory like i do.

- thought- expression disconnect, often challenged in expressing thoughts precisely ,coherently, short and sweet. I feel 100% that i'd be faring much better if this weren't the case.

- poor memory in certain aspects, very good one in others

-relate best to all things passed. Yet I'm factual enough to refrain from having false nostalgia. I'm realistic like that

at the moment saturn has entered retrograde station as it formed a tight conjunction with natal saturn retrograde. what significance is this of and will this misery change for the better or continue?

IleneK

Premium Member

Am i a stereotypical saturn conjunct moon person?​

Based on the description you have written, I would say no, not stereotypical. Moon Saturn can manifest in a huge array of ways and can be much more subtle. Moon Saturn's condition, sign, house location, motion, as well as its relationship to other bodies in the chart, like aspect and reception, would explain the specifics of your expression of this natal conjunction.
And you are experiencing a Saturn return, perhaps your first one?, an opportunity to learn difficult life lessons. One of these lessons is that it is okay when we don't feel good, don't like how things are going, feel like we are in misery. It is okay and not bad. And we can find our way through it. Another lesson is that everything changes. Always. No exceptions. If you can take this lesson in, it is like a lifeline, if you let it be, to help you live through your misery and see what it may show you while being kind, first to yourself, and also to others the whole while.
Give it a whirl and see what you think?

Based on the description you have written, I would say no, not stereotypical. Moon Saturn can manifest in a huge array of ways and can be much more subtle. Moon Saturn's condition, sign, house location, motion, as well as its relationship to other bodies in the chart, like aspect and reception, would explain the specifics of your expression of this natal conjunction.
And you are experiencing a Saturn return, perhaps your first one?, an opportunity to learn difficult life lessons. One of these lessons is that it is okay when we don't feel good, don't like how things are going, feel like we are in misery. It is okay and not bad. And we can find our way through it. Another lesson is that everything changes. Always. No exceptions. If you can take this lesson in, it is like a lifeline, if you let it be, to help you live through your misery and see what it may show you while being kind, first to yourself, and also to others the whole while.

Thanks for your reply, is this the right place for a natal chart posting?

Yes this is my first, though I've been in this state for half my life now, itis only during these few months that i have been analyzing and reflecting on everything that has been happening, why i respond the way i do, sleuthing out the original cause/s... Though the way i see it, things haven't changed since this half a life ago and I'm finding it very difficult to believe that things can change for the better. I feel like I'm just running into a brick wall while others are progressing, even if not as smoothly as cynical "me against the world" old me would likw to believe

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks for your reply, is this the right place for a natal chart posting?

Yes this is my first, though I've been in this state for half my life now, itis only during these few months that i have been analyzing and reflecting on everything that has been happening, why i respond the way i do, sleuthing out the original cause/s... Though the way i see it, things haven't changed since this half a life ago and I'm finding it very difficult to believe that things can change for the better. I feel like I'm just running into a brick wall while others are progressing, even if not as smoothly as cynical "me against the world" old me would likw to believe

You are welcome.
Well, half a life ago was your transiting Saturn opposition to its natal position, also an important time of reckoning.
It might be useful to reflect upon and analyze events around your first opening Saturn square at around 7-8, the opposition around 14 and the closing square?
I think it would be okay to put your chart up in this thread.

dr. farr

To answer your question I would need to see your chart, ideally including the “additional tables” (because declinations can potentially radically change a chart’s delineation); remember that the totality of indications is always needed if one wants to make an accurate analysis.

Frisiangal

I'd want to know which was planet was ahead in the conjunction. Moon pulling Saturn along, automatically half empty glass type; or Saturn restricting/holding back expression of Moon feeling.
Feeling duty bound by obligations or suffocated by them.
Relationship with maternal parent,
Is the brick wall set up by one's own feelings, or do feelings come up against it ?
Moon imagination versus Saturn manifestation, Both are planets regarding 'controlled behaviour' patterns.
etc. etc.

1st or 2nd Saturn return? Meaning natal Moon-Saturn are in Aquarius? Suggests a lot as the sign is renowned for its no personal attachment/engagement requested or required. Aspects to other planets can show how this works out in life.
A question of looking forward to what changes can be, or looking back at what wasn't?🥴

@IleneK i don't remember anything significant during the 1st square, but i remember issues with integrating with society. i can't put my finger on why, but from then on my path diverged from society and i began to see myself as a lone wolf, and developing pessimism and depression. Nothing significant that i can recall about the closing square either. Which is why i say that i feel that nothing has changed over the years.​

@dr. farr i've just looked at the guidelines for posting images but i don't know if there is a particular website that's best for charts. And by additional charts, do you mean just the declinations? If so i'm unable to find the option to include that on astro.com or astrotheme.com

@Frisiangal my moon leads by a fraction of a degree and is a waxing moon. my parents have always been supportive, which totally contradicts resources that state otherwise of saturn conjunct moon, and i used to be much more attuned to society. And 1st return.

regarding feelings, i have developed a "take a step back and reflect" approach, mostly. otherwise i'm just a ticking atom time bomb waiting to explode if pushed the wrong way, to put it bluntly, with the lasting effect. it's getting so effective that, as said, i can only feel positive emotions superficially, but the negative ones remain in my psyche. not the kind of person anyone would want to be around, so i conceal it, whether or not i'm interested in the person. i see it as preserving some semblance of normalcy and trying to salvage my situation.

i didn't get your last sentence, but if my knowledge hasn't gone rusty, the 11th is supposed to deal with hopes and dreams other than the others as a collective, and saturn here... (n)?

Thanks everyone for your replies thus far.

Frisiangal

@Frisiangal my moon leads by a fraction of a degree and is a waxing moon. my parents have always been supportive, which totally contradicts resources that state otherwise of saturn conjunct moon,
Depends upon what resources you have read to form an opinion on what Moon-Saturn can indicate. :wink:.
Moon is ahead in a close conjunction. In the European teaching I followed one could say that the dependency behaviour of Moon finds it in being able to 'lay back in the support provided by parental/authoritative control'. A waxing Moon is said to still 'be tied to the strings' of a controlled behaviour pattern. Moon may not like it but it's there.

i didn't get your last sentence, but if my knowledge hasn't gone rusty, the 11th is supposed to deal with hopes and dreams other than the others as a collective, and saturn here... (n)?
What would you say your 'hopes and dreams' consist of? Do you think you are the only one in the world to have such views? Many feel the same, way ....that makes it a collective and not merely personal issue.

The 11th house is one of the AIR houses realms, all of which refer to the circumstances in/how one relates with others. Planets in the 11th house do it through being non-emotionally and impersonally involved. When not cluttered with how others think, act, feel, do, the the INdependent mentality of the 11th house can achieve much in its own right.
Maybe after the Saturn return is completed, a past traditional Saturn-ruled Aquarius behaviour pattern will undergo the change to an Uranus-ruled Aquarius pattern that looks only towards the future.

Little more info. can be supplied without a visual chart of aspects to planets. Mental guesswork is never the same as factual verification. :smile:

@dr. farr i still couldn't locate it so i use another website for the declinations, and astrotheme for the natal chart which i think looks better, no idea if it's just me.

https://imageshack.com/i/pnaHaUWnp - declination
https://imageshack.com/i/porIhvv5p - natal chart

@Frisiangal i have a problem with authority and like to be my own authority:LOL:lack of complete autonomy is the worst thing to me, and by controlled pattern, do you mean a predictable one or an emotionally placid one?

I don't have any, i've already become detached or cynical about life. to me, the saturn moon in 11th fully explains my sense of alienation from society and dampening of optimism and dreams.

is that how it always works, the old pattern giving way to another after the return is done?

dr. farr

Results of declination chart (my analysis; remember that P = parallel=strong conjunction, CP =contr-parallel = opposition)
-asc P chiron
-mc P Uranus
-Moon P Jupiter CP lilith
-Mercury P Neptune P north node
-Jupiter P Moon CP lilith
-Uranus P Neptune P north node

Uranus P the mc makes that planet the most elevated one (de facto) in your natal. Moon & Jupiter are afflicted by Lilith.
From my perspective the Uranus/Neptune parallel is much more significant than the separating Moon/Saturn conjunction in this chart.

My answer to your original question heading this thread: NO, definitely not!

Last edited:

Frisiangal

@Frisiangal i have a problem with authority and like to be my own authority:LOL:lack of complete autonomy is the worst thing to me, and by controlled pattern, do you mean a predictable one or an emotionally placid one?
I would think that the square (conflict) aspect between the planets in Scorpio to Aquarius answers both!
I don't have any, i've already become detached or cynical about life. to me, the saturn moon in 11th fully explains my sense of alienation from society and dampening of optimism and dreams.
is that how it always works, the old pattern giving way to another after the return is done?

'Alienation from society' could be interpretted as more an effect of/upon the Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn generation. The independence from Capricorn authority it can experience that previous generations never knew. Does mean they have to be their own authority within themselves, as well their own sense of obligation towards, and within living on the planet.

Jupiter-Saturn are the societal planets, and there is a beautiful trine between them in the natal chart provided.
Maybe it's an indication of either looking up to OR looking down upon others, which has to be recognised and undergo a change of perspective.

With Virgo on 6th house cusp and Mercury in harsh aspect with Mars (ruler 1st house)-Pluto(ruler 8th house), are there mental/emotional health issues (e.g. asperges?) that you feel get in the way of living what you might call 'a normal existence'. Whereas natal Uranus-Neptune simply implies experiencing manifested life iin another way ...... and that IS the future. ;)

IleneK

Premium Member
First, old patterns are always giving way to new ones, before, during and after one's Saturn return. Perhaps only incrementally, and as such, beyond your awareness. And also, you have to participate in and open to the notion of releasing the old pattern, in which, whether you like the pattern or not, you are deeply invested. It is what you know; it is what you do. It is what you assert and declare in almost every post here. There is a risk; you have to be willing to surrender, to give up what you "know."
And so the answer to your question is yes, old patterns do give way to another after the return is done, with the above considerations.
You have an immense amount of fixed energy. Your Moon Saturn is of significant importance in the framing of your inner life and experience. Moon as inner feeling life and mind is saddled right there with a very strong dignifiied Saturn, one that is greatly amplified as it receives Jupiter by both trine and exaltation. A very strong affinity.
Mars in Scorpio is also highly prominent in your chart, ruling both Sun and the Ascendant. And your Moon rejects Sun, you identity, soundly by reception. It also rejects Mars in the same way as well as by a blind-siding square aspect.
In addition to valuable comments about the outer planets and Uranus in particular, there is a tremendous amount of rejection inherent in the actors of your psyche, so to speak.

And here is where I am particularly encouraged: these configurations and relationships between planets are and have been undergoing radical transformation through two important transits.
-Your Saturn return to Moon Sat and its provocative square to natal Merc/mental mind and Pluto.
-And working in tandem with Saturn, batting cleanup, so to speak, is transiting Uranus, currently working on Mars, the ruler of your Sun/identity and Asc/being/essence, by illuminating opposition.

To me, this synergy between transiting Saturn and Uranus looks very promising. With all that is going on, there is great deal of opportunity to pause and stand back and envision, reshape some of the ways that you see things. A rich opportunity indeed, if you choose to engage it.
I am truly wishing you the best, John.

apologies for the late reply, i've been trying to digest all the information in everyone's helpful replies.

@dr. farr doing a search for declination interpretations online i can only find a partial list on cafeastrology at best, what resources are the best for this? Also, why do you say that the Uranus and Neptune parallel are more influential than the moon&saturn?

@Frisiangal i'm getting the impression that you're saying that there is a relationship between rejection of authority and the sense of alienation from society, unless i'm mistaken. by society i mean even people of my generation, as in all strangers, i really have no motivation to make connections, and by alienation i meant to feel estranged and not to disassociate by choice, though in my case both are the case anyway.

apart from my aloof and distant approach to social situations, none that i'm aware of. i notice you mention virgo in relation to my mercury-mars conjunction. Is that because it is the ruler of mercury, and if so why isn't gemini mentioned too? Or was this in taking an approach from the health point of view? I'm not well-versed and am just curious.

@IleneK Thanks for your well wishes. Now that you mention it, certain events have passed which have encouraged my active participation and reflection on things that i've been estranged from. I'm not well-versed, as i've said, but i've just read up on reception and i'm not sure if i've understood correctly that it happens when one of the aspecting planets is in the domicile of the other's. If so, then how is reception at work here?

JUPITERASC

@dr. farr doing a search for declination interpretations online i can only find a partial list on cafeastrology at best, what resources are the best for this?

Parallels of Declination Astrology Online Calculator :)

Declination aspects:

• Parallel
    Parallels
  • Contra-Parallel
    Contra-Parallels

Parallels and Contra-Parallels are aspects, which refer to degrees of declination
above or below the celestial equator.
Parallel is similar to a conjunction, but usually provides benefits.

Contra-Parallel is said to be similar to the opposition, but weaker

Parallels of Declination Astrology Online Calculator :)

Declination aspects:

• Parallel
    Parallels
  • Contra-Parallel
    Contra-Parallels

Parallels and Contra-Parallels are aspects, which refer to degrees of declination
above or below the celestial equator.

Parallel is similar to a conjunction, but usually provides benefits.
Contra-Parallel is said to be similar to the opposition, but weaker

Thanks, i used this site to generate my declination chart. I was wondering though, what other excellent resources out there exist regarding this topic.

IleneK

Premium Member
@IleneK Thanks for your well wishes. Now that you mention it, certain events have passed which have encouraged my active participation and reflection on things that i've been estranged from. I'm not well-versed, as i've said, but i've just read up on reception and i'm not sure if i've understood correctly that it happens when one of the aspecting planets is in the domicile of the other's. If so, then how is reception at work here?
You are welcome and good question. Yes, an example of reception is when "one of the aspecting planets is in the domicile of the other."

The most common notion of planets in reception is by dignity [what you call domicile] and debility and by exaltation/fall. But there can also be meaningful reception by triplicity and term, and to a much lesser degree, by face.

Here are some explanations that I referred to in your chart:
"very strong dignified Saturn, one that is greatly amplified as it receives Jupiter by both trine and exaltation" Saturn receives Jupiter in Libra by exaltation since Jup is in the sign of Saturn's exaltation in Libra.

"your Moon rejects Sun, you identity, soundly by reception." Moon is in a separating square from Mars and rejects Mars by reception since Mars is in the sign of Moon's fall in Scorpio.

You are welcome and good question. Yes, an example of reception is when "one of the aspecting planets is in the domicile of the other."

The most common notion of planets in reception is by dignity [what you call domicile] and debility and by exaltation/fall. But there can also be meaningful reception by triplicity and term, and to a much lesser degree, by face.

Here are some explanations that I referred to in your chart:
"very strong dignified Saturn, one that is greatly amplified as it receives Jupiter by both trine and exaltation" Saturn receives Jupiter in Libra by exaltation since Jup is in the sign of Saturn's exaltation in Libra.

"your Moon rejects Sun, you identity, soundly by reception." Moon is in a separating square from Mars and rejects Mars by reception since Mars is in the sign of Moon's fall in Scorpio.
Thanks, i get it now. How could my Moon-Mars aspects be interpreted in my case in that case? Misguided and pent up energy? I find that i lack mental energy and focus almost perpetually, could this be the cause, or is it saturn-moon square mercury at work?

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks, i get it now. How could my Moon-Mars aspects be interpreted in my case in that case? Misguided and pent up energy? I find that i lack mental energy and focus almost perpetually, could this be the cause, or is it saturn-moon square mercury at work?
First of all, there is a lot, a lot! going on by transit in your life right now that could point to a disturbance in your processing and in your being in general.

But to answer you question more directly, I think all those planetary configurations are at work. I see Moon Saturn at the center of a configuration with Mars Merc squaring and also Jup trining them. So Sat is containing, restraining; with Mars simultaneously asserting, pushing; and Jup amping up the whole mix. Your Moon, your feeling mind, and Merc, your thinking mind, are pushed and pulled by a lot of contrary forces and under less than hospitable circumstances. Saturn and Mars both strong in dignity.

And much as Saturn and Mars push-pull natally, transiting Sat and Uranus are building and breaking, forming and reforming natal Moon Saturn Mars: Tr Saturn is directly on Moon Saturn, working its way back by retrograde to ultimately square natal Pl Merc and Mars. And Uranus, coming from a lower degree in the zodiac, is within a degree of opposing/illuminating your natal Mars. Mars, the most influential planet in the chart: powerful and strong in its dignity in Scorpio. It rules your Sun, your identity; it rules your Ascendant, your essence or being; and it rules Mercury, your mental mind. Whole lot of shaking up going on there. A whole lot. Certainly could point to a lack of focus.

After looking at this I am drawn to two points. Whether this is Moon Sat or Moon Mars or Moon Merc is kind of irrelevant. What I see is that the strengths of natal Saturn in AQ and natal Mars in Scorpio in squaring energy are your personal strengths to be with what you are given, how you are constituted. They are double-edged for better and for worse [with much between both those edges] like all things in this life. And I think the greatest challenge and the way through this condition in which you find yourself is by your Moon, how you feel or detach from how you feel, about what is going on in you. And secondarily, by your Merc, which is what you think about what you feel.
As grim or as without feeling as you may be about this, I think that when you can find the place that knows that there is nothing wrong with it, nothing wrong with your lack of mental energy and focus almost perpetually, when you meet that place, there may be something of a turn, a shift. When you truly grasp that it is really okay to not feel good, to be feeling really bad or disturbed, well, nothing will necessarily change, and yet there may be something of a shift in that small brief step back into that place of meeting what is.
And I feel confident that you have the strength and the fortitude [with Mars and Saturn as you do] and the grace [having Venus in Libra exactly on your Asc-Dsc axis] to wrap your mind around that truth, to hold onto it, to just work with it, and move yourself toward that resting place. May this be a Saturn return hard lesson/gift.
That is my wish for you.

Last edited: