Will she pay me for services (possible lawsuit)?

jascole7

Getting out of a messy job where I worked as a contractor and now my former boss is threatening to only pay me for half the work I did. I have now informed her of my intent to sue but obviously hoping it can be resolved without litigation. I’m wondering if I will be paid the full amount for my services?

I’m represented by Gemini Sun in the 10th and she would be Taurus Venus (10L) in the 9H. They do not aspect, so I’d say she won’t pay me. Mercury rules 11H (of gains, 2H from 10H so income from employment?), which squares the ASC but not before Mercury switches signs.

I should be looking at 6H since this was not a formal “job”/career, I was a contractor hired for specific tasks/services for a pre-determined timeframe.

If I’m looking at 6L (since this was not a formal “job”/career, I was a contractor hired for specific tasks/services for a pre-determined timeframe), then I would say yes, she does pay me since Sun & 7H Aqua Saturn make a trine, albeit after some pushback/delay (Saturn is Rx).

Thanks!

Attachments

• B57835F4-0D32-479B-9963-CBA92342B769.jpeg
    B57835F4-0D32-479B-9963-CBA92342B769.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

waybread

You don't mention why your employer thinks she should stint you-- can you say what that reason is? What is her side of the story?

I don't see a lawsuit working out, with Saturn in and ruling the 7th house and the moon applying to an opposition with Jupiter in the 8th house of shared resources.

But this doesn't mean that you have no recourse. What are your options for mediation, arbitration, an out-of-court settlement? You might wish to consult with a lawyer on this. Hopefully an hour of a lawyer's time won't be too costly. Just absolutely, first, put forth in writing your concerns as clearly and briefly as possible. Have you sent your employer a clear, concise letter on the problem from your perspective? Such a letter should be non-belligerent, but it should be clear, to-the-point, and straightforward. Please do this with reference to your signed contract.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

jascole7

You don't mention why your employer thinks she should stint you-- can you say what that reason is? What is her side of the story?

I don't see a lawsuit working out, with Saturn in and ruling the 7th house and the moon applying to an opposition with Jupiter in the 8th house of shared resources.

But this doesn't mean that you have no recourse. What are your options for mediation, arbitration, an out-of-court settlement? You might wish to consult with a lawyer on this. Hopefully an hour of a lawyer's time won't be too costly. Just absolutely, first, put forth in writing your concerns as clearly and briefly as possible. Have you sent your employer a clear, concise letter on the problem from your perspective? Such a letter should be non-belligerent, but it should be clear, to-the-point, and straightforward. Please do this with reference to your signed contract.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.
Thanks so much for your reply. She’s saying I didn’t provide service during the week I was hospitalized, but I have proof showing I did work for her company up until the day I was admitted (work week starts on a Sunday, i went to the hospital on a Friday morning).

I provide administrative/social media services and had been researching new products for her company as well as marketing strategies to best fit her business model. This research was presented to her days after I left the hospital (I was not placed on a timeline to complete the research that week so there’s no grounds for nonpayment regarding that) and was pages worth of documents and resources that clearly could not have been done within the short time frame between my release and providing the documents.

**I just deleted additional personal info cause I can’t say for sure whether it’s relevant in her decision-making or not, but she hasn’t had a problem paying me for similar turnaround/services before. At this point, she said she’s having a legal review of whether or not she’s obligated to pay me at all. So there’s no for sure lawsuit, just my plan of action should she decide not to pay me. I also considered filing a claim for unpaid wages.

Last edited:

waybread

Maybe start with the claim? Meeting with a lawyer isn't a bad idea, provided you can be really clear about the specifics. (They charge by the hour so you don't want a lawyer to have to spend a lot of time having to figure out just what are the issues.) S/he may advise you that a lawsuit is more of a last resort than an immediate course of action. A lot of disputes get settled out of court-- as they should be.

Rhys

Thank you for posting this fascinating chart! :)

Just a thought on the sixth house...

In traditional astrology, that is to say the astrology of Lilly and before, the 6th house represents slaves/servants, which in modern times we translate as people who work for us: our servants, our employees.

Of course, in 20th century astrology there is a debate about this with practitioners arguing that since the sixth is the house of servants, if one has a subordinate position, this is signified by the sixth, while only being the boss or having an independent career is signified by the tenth.

The greater weight of opinion amoung traditional astrologers, including mine, is against this view. The sixth is the house of YOUR servants, people that serve you, not you as a servant, just as the second house is YOUR money, the fifth your children, and so on. Anyway, this is admittedly only my point of view, but I would advise against confusing things by using the sixth house lord rather than the tenth to signify your former boss. She had authority over you, so she is represented by the tenth.

I go along with your opening delineation. Additionally, Mercury rules your second house of money, which we find peregrine in the tenth house squaring Saturn, as you and waybread pointed out.
Again as you pointed out, Venus and the Sun make no Ptolemaic aspect, so we look to the Moon as your co-significator in order to see what the future holds. The Moon going into opposition Jupiter, the general significator of wealth, does not bode well, nor does the upcoming opposition with the wildly strong Mars, yikes!

One thing I was wondering about: with Mercury also ruling the turned second house of your former bosses money, it seems she is in a tight financial spot also, no? With Mercury being peregrine and all... Perhaps knowing this will aid you in your strategy with dealing with her.
However, if your question was "Will I get the money?", the chart appears to be saying no.

Good luck with this! Let us know what develops.

Last edited:

jascole7

Thank you for posting this fascinating chart! :)

Just a thought on the sixth house...

In traditional astrology, that is to say the astrology of Lilly and before, the 6th house represents slaves/servants, which in modern times we translate as people who work for us: our servants, our employees.

Of course, in 20th century astrology there is a debate about this with practitioners arguing that since the sixth is the house of servants, if one has a subordinate position, this is signified by the sixth, while only being the boss or having an independent career is signified by the tenth.

The greater weight of opinion amoung traditional astrologers, including mine, is against this view. The sixth is the house or YOUR servants, people that serve you, not you as a servant, just as the second house is YOUR money, the fifth your children, and so on. Anyway, this is admittedly only my point of view, but I would advise against confusing things by using the sixth house lord rather than the tenth to signify your former boss. She had authority over you, so she is represented by the tenth.

I go along with your opening delineation. Additionally, Mercury rules your second house of money, which we find peregrine in the tenth house squaring Saturn, as you and waybread pointed out.
Again as you pointed out, Venus and the Sun make no Ptolemaic aspect, so we look to the Moon as your co-significator in order to see what the future holds. The Moon going into opposition Jupiter, the general significator of wealth, does not bode well, nor does the upcoming opposition with the wildly strong Mars, yikes!

One thing I was wondering about: with Mercury also ruling the turned second house of your former bosses money, it seems she is in a tight financial spot also, no? With Mercury being peregrine and all... Perhaps knowing this will aid you in your strategy with dealing with her.
However, if your question was "Will I get the money?", the chart appears to be saying no.

Good luck with this! Let us know what develops.
Thanks, Rhys. I really appreciate your insight! Regarding her financial situation, you’re correct. She owns a business (which is what I was hired to assist with) but it’s in the startup phase and not currently generating any revenue. She admitted she aligned my payment schedule with her paydays from her corporate job since this project is being funded out-of-pocket. I was one of two contractors she hired recently and i was told by the other contractor it was getting to be a very expensive endeavor. This doesn’t include other costs she had to account for to operate the business.

I’m still trying to figure out this favorable aspect between Sun and Saturn (aspecting trine in 7 degrees). Would you say that’s relevant in this situation whatsoever since 7H usually rules the quesited, or is it inconsequential since the question’s focus is not about our relationship but about her as a boss paying an employee? I didn’t think about mentioning it before, but she’s also the mother of a man I was involved with. Me and this person had a falling out shortly before the end of my contract, but I had known her in a personal capacity prior to working for her.

Last edited:

Rhys

Regarding the favorable Sun/Saturn aspect: If we were looking at this chart as a court case, you would be represented by the first house ruler (in this case the Sun), and your opponent would be the ruler of the seventh house, which is... Saturn! :)

The Sun as you noted is in an applying trine to the seventh house domicile ruler, Saturn. That's the good news. In the context of this chart I would go so far to say that it signals a reconciliation with the former boss, who after all was kind of a friend, no?

However, it doesn't look so good for getting the money due to the fact that the Sun squares Neptune in the eighth house (the seventh house person's money) just six longitudinal minutes after the Saturn trine. This suggests that although a personal reconciliation will be possible, there will continue to be confusion or unclearness (Neptune) over the money, and that combined with the Moon opposition to Jupiter (general significator of money) in the eighth house signals difficulties ahead with respect to this. With the opposition in play here, more trouble than it is worth, probably.

It looks like what the chart is saying is to (by all means) attempt a reconciliation, but that getting additional money out of this person will be like trying to get water out of a rock in the desert!

Doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try, though...