Am I just destined for a life of poverty?

liath

So here’s the schtick.

I know the title sounds dramatic, but I haven’t made an income above the poverty line my entire adult life, though not for lack of trying. Career-oriented jobs fall through. Contracts are not honored. My debts are piling high, because I’m buying food and paying health insurance and rent on credit cards. This isn’t a “you shouldn’t be eating avocado toast” problem, because I don’t have the disposable income to even consider splurging on nice things.

When I work extra hard to make enough money to live, I get sick.

So I’m beginning to wonder if it’s something in my chart.

Help?

https://ibb.co/cXHDrfQ

dr. farr

well, possibly the dispositor of 2nd ws house (house of money), mercury, being in detriment in Pisces & in opposition to the sensitive degree of the 2nd house plus the dragons tail in the 10th ws house of careers plus the Jupiter square Saturn aspect MIGHT account for these difficulties, but remember that there are other positive factors in your chart and that the inhibiting astrological factors CAN BE overcome, and that you CAN modify your future for the better if you genuinely try to do so.
You are by no means DESTINED for a life of poverty-mars in Leo in the ascendant shows that you do have the power (mars) within yourself to make a golden life (sun, which is exalted in Aries and is also in its ws house of joy-9th house-in your chart)

Last edited:

waybread

Just expanding on Dr. Farr's post: no to your specific question, but just to put it differently...

Your second house of money is ruled by Mercury, which falls in Pisces, and is widely conjunct Saturn. But Mercury overall isn't badly aspected, and it sits in a house (#8) that rules income that you share with other people, such as investments, inheritances, partnerships, or something like a pension plan. Sadly, living off your credit cards is also an 8th house matter, because it's $$ that you basically owe to VISA (or whomever.) You don't have a get-rich-quick chart, but if you pay strict attention to budgeting and economy, you should come out all right.

With Chiron in your 2nd house, you may always feel a sense of pain about your money situation. So please realize, with your occult focus, that "you can't take it with you." There is a deeper reality behind our everyday taken-for-granted material world.

The 8th house also rules occult matters. It is the traditional house of death but this operates more in a metaphorical manner. You'd probably be good at volunteering or even working in a hospice setting, for example.

With your sun-moon in Aries and your Mars in Leo with Leo rising, your chart so much says, "To boldly go where no one else has gone before."

Obviously you cannot keep living on credit card debt; 8th house though it might be. Please rethink your major expenses and how you could trim them. Is is housing? Transportation?

You haven't mentioned your love life. But with that beautiful exalted Venus in Pisces in the 7th house-- that nonetheless squares Pluto; and with your 7th house cusp traditionally ruled by Saturn, haven't you had your share of no-goodniks who didn't pull their financial weight?

And honestly, I don't see what the criticism is about avocado toast. Bacon and eggs for breakfast are more expensive. Toast is cheap and avocadoes go on sale periodically. They give a lot of nutritional bang for the buck.

I think your challenge is more setting a rigorous budget and sticking to it.

wan

If your employer doesn't honor the contract they have signed with you, you can take them to court.

liath

Hi waybread, I’m with you except for two things: I’ve been single my entire adult life (because romantic prospects have all been deadbeats) and I don’t have an income to budget with.

My expenses are all vital expenses: the lowest rent I can get, public transportation, food that I can afford that I’m not allergic to (serious food allergies, anaphylaxis, not breathing, etc), and health insurance that covers the inevitable bi-annual ER visits that come with serious food allergies and all of my medications. I don’t eat out, because it’s too expensive and also food allergies. I don’t have any subscriptions, not Amazon prime or Netflix. I don’t buy scented candles. I’ve pretty much trimmed everything I can, and I’m cutting into my food budget so much that I’ve lost something like 15-20 pounds since January.

I’ve been looking for regular work for 5 years now. In the interim it was all retail, until I got let go from my last retail job in 2020. I’ve been struggling with staying afloat through freelance work ever since. My last client ghosted me 3 months ago with 6 months worth of outstanding invoices- I just found their filing on the Security Exchange Commission website citing $300k in losses for 2021. It’s safe to say they aren’t going to pay me.

I’m interviewing for jobs now, but the most recent potential opportunity that seemed interested hasn’t gotten back to me in a week, so while I’m hoping they’ll keep communication open, I’m not holding my breath.
If your employer doesn't honor the contract they have signed with you, you can take them to court.
Hi Wan, it’s a freelance job and I don’t currently have the time or the resources to take them to court, but rest assured I have been looking in to the next steps for me to take.

liath

Just expanding on Dr. Farr's post: no to your specific question, but just to put it differently...

Your second house of money is ruled by Mercury, which falls in Pisces, and is widely conjunct Saturn. But Mercury overall isn't badly aspected, and it sits in a house (#8) that rules income that you share with other people, such as investments, inheritances, partnerships, or something like a pension plan. Sadly, living off your credit cards is also an 8th house matter, because it's $$ that you basically owe to VISA (or whomever.) You don't have a get-rich-quick chart, but if you pay strict attention to budgeting and economy, you should come out all right.

With Chiron in your 2nd house, you may always feel a sense of pain about your money situation. So please realize, with your occult focus, that "you can't take it with you." There is a deeper reality behind our everyday taken-for-granted material world.

The 8th house also rules occult matters. It is the traditional house of death but this operates more in a metaphorical manner. You'd probably be good at volunteering or even working in a hospice setting, for example.

With your sun-moon in Aries and your Mars in Leo with Leo rising, your chart so much says, "To boldly go where no one else has gone before."

Obviously you cannot keep living on credit card debt; 8th house though it might be. Please rethink your major expenses and how you could trim them. Is is housing? Transportation?

You haven't mentioned your love life. But with that beautiful exalted Venus in Pisces in the 7th house-- that nonetheless squares Pluto; and with your 7th house cusp traditionally ruled by Saturn, haven't you had your share of no-goodniks who didn't pull their financial weight?

And honestly, I don't see what the criticism is about avocado toast. Bacon and eggs for breakfast are more expensive. Toast is cheap and avocadoes go on sale periodically. They give a lot of nutritional bang for the buck.

I think your challenge is more setting a rigorous budget and sticking to it.
Hi waybread,

Currently living on credit cards because of lack of income (un/underemployed + freelancing since March 2020) not extravagant expenses, so my main focus is finding regular work at a stable job with benefits. Please send good job finding energy my way!!!

As for my love life, it’s pretty much dead in the water. This partially because of what you have said- potential suitors haven’t had the financial security, or at least the drive and accountability to achieve it. But also, I have been very focused on my own development and financial security for myself, so I’ve not been actively going out and dating.

Interesting that you talk about wealth that comes from or is shared with others AND my love life, because I’ve been reading my own chart and I’ve (begrudgingly) interpreted these placements to mean I may very well be marrying into money, but my potential spouse may be the type to spend too much. I don’t love this interpretation because I value being financially independent, but based on the past several years of me floundering professionally, I’m beginning to wonder if the chart might be saying “you won’t be financially secure until you find that older man (Saturn as 7th house ruler) and have shared assets”. I don’t like it 🙄 but if this is the case I’ll get a prenup to be safe…

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Don’t beat yourself up about debt. You’d be shocked about the average amount of consumer debt an average Canadian holds: $22k (and this was back in 2016!).
COVID has really hurt a lot of small businesses and self-employed people. Not to mention, inflation and the cost of living is insane right now.

I see power in your 4th house. Could any relatives help you with connections in terms of employment (if you haven’t already tried)? Perhaps their networks could help you.

Natal Mars in your 12th house could contribute to low vitality and repressed emotions which can really affect vitality. This may seem annoying to hear, but meditation could really help in terms of vitality and overall health. Where our focus goes, energy flows (a great point made by Tony Robbins), and if it’s scattered in the unconscious realm, this will have an effect on your waking life. Meditating consistently, even for 5 minutes a day, can do a lot of good to one’s mind.

In terms of landing employment, it may be helpful to get your resume reviewed and edited by someone who does this (resume editing, building, etc.) for a living. I was in HR before I was in finance, and it’s ridiculous and redundant how picky HR can be and is these days. It’s all about getting past the gatekeepers (recruitment).

A lot of employers tend to have overly high and/or unrealistic expectations for their employees these days too - expecting employees, on a salary that already doesn’t meet inflation and was low to begin with before inflation became insane, to work themselves grey. So, in interviews if you’re not giving them vibes that you’d sell your soul to make them more profitable, they’ll go with the person who gives the most, ‘yes’ vibes. There are reasonable employers out there, but the short-term (from what I’ve observed) usually entails working with an undesirable employer until you find a better one.

Anyway, I hope this helps in some way. Don’t give up and don’t lose hope! Some things take more time than others.

Also, sidenote, when you do get a full-time job (depending on where you live), I’d definitely suggest moving your debt to a low-interest credit line (if you can) or to a credit card that has one of those 6-12 month promotions where you get 0% interest. This way you can pay the principal down faster and not give the bank(s) anymore of your money in interest!

Take care :smile:

Edit: I gave too much potentially revealing information about myself in this post. Cleaning up.

Last edited:

dr. farr

perhaps the chart, with Aquarius on the 7th, is suggesting finding an Aquarian person, or even a uranian type (Uranus is within 3 minutes of entry into Aquarius), rather than a Saturnian (remember that there is a Jupiter/Saturn square in the natal); perhaps you won’t have to sacrifice your independence at all!

waybread

liath, I wouldn't read a lot of hope into any horoscope. Sugar daddies are a rare breed. I think the issue is taking control of those parts of your finances that you can control. Credit card debt is just insidious because of the high compound interest rates. (Ask me how I know.)

liath

liath, I wouldn't read a lot of hope into any horoscope. Sugar daddies are a rare breed. I think the issue is taking control of those parts of your finances that you can control. Credit card debt is just insidious because of the high compound interest rates. (Ask me how I know.)
HAHHAHA oh noooo not the sugar daddy!! To clarify: that would be ONE interpretation of those planets, and honestly the one I like the least. But when I’m down in the dumps, my sad defeatist brain says “maybe that’s just your fate, maybe you should just give up”- you caught me in a sad moment.

I want my money to be my own, which is honestly why all this 8th house noise is annoying to me. I want it to be my money.

I agree with you on the credit card debt. As @uranianplutonian said, I am going to be looking in to getting one of those credit cards that have a 0% APR promotion for 6-12 months. The card I applied for is 24 months, please send good energy my way so that I can be accepted for it.

@dr. farr an Aquarian/Uranian type relationship!!! YES PLEASE!!!

loopylouom

HI Liath, I study Vedic astrology and would be happy to read your chart for the practice. I have studied for 6 years and so far read for friends and family. I am confident I would be able to give you some idea about what is going on from a Vedic astrological perspective. Please message m with birth details if you would like me to draw up you Vedic chart

blackbery

So here’s the schtick.

I know the title sounds dramatic, but I haven’t made an income above the poverty line my entire adult life, though not for lack of trying. Career-oriented jobs fall through. Contracts are not honored. My debts are piling high, because I’m buying food and paying health insurance and rent on credit cards. This isn’t a “you shouldn’t be eating avocado toast” problem, because I don’t have the disposable income to even consider splurging on nice things.

Help?

https://ibb.co/cXHDrfQ
You have gone through a REALLY difficult few years with the Pluto planet which destroys squaring your Saturn, then Mercury
& then finally your normally very tough Sun/Moon conjunction. Boy, give yourself a pat on the back for surviving these
extremely hard transits...which you will NEVER have to go through again.
Now that horrible time has passed, you will notice a vast improvement in your life, both financially, emotionally & romantically.
Jupiter has ingressed into Aries so 2022 will be a wonderful year for you. I agree with the person who aid
to not beat yourself up coz u have debt. We all do, it's even harder when you are coping by yourself & don't have a partner's
income to help out.
With your Venus in sensitive Pisces conjunct Formalhaut, it's very possible that you will get involved in romantic
relationships that are deeply fated, emotional & spiritual. And he could very well be wealthy. However, with Venus sq Pluto,
there is going to be great drama, great jealousy so be prepared. With this signature in your chart, it's impossible
to avoid this....so realize that when a partner is trying to control you or acts irrational, it's due to their own emotional problems
which they project on you. Often related to abandonment issues in their past.
With your Venus trine NN, you could also make money
working on projects that call to you intuitively.
I'm sorry if I missed what your profession is but think outside the box as you are extremely creative.

It's all going to be okay. And I also agree with the member who suggested you seek out relatives who
can help you..maybe even provide you with a home to live in rent-free. Don't be afraid to ask the Universe for
what you want. (y)(y)(y)

liath

You have gone through a REALLY difficult few years with the Pluto planet which destroys squaring your Saturn, then Mercury
& then finally your normally very tough Sun/Moon conjunction. Boy, give yourself a pat on the back for surviving these
Now that horrible time has passed, you will notice a vast improvement in your life, both financially, emotionally & romantically.
Jupiter has ingressed into Aries so 2022 will be a wonderful year for you. I agree with the person who aid
to not beat yourself up coz u have debt. We all do, it's even harder when you are coping by yourself & don't have a partner's
income to help out.
With your Venus in sensitive Pisces conjunct Formalhaut, it's very possible that you will get involved in romantic
relationships that are deeply fated, emotional & spiritual. And he could very well be wealthy. However, with Venus sq Pluto,
there is going to be great drama, great jealousy so be prepared. With this signature in your chart, it's impossible
to avoid this....so realize that when a partner is trying to control you or acts irrational, it's due to their own emotional problems
which they project on you. Often related to abandonment issues in their past.
With your Venus trine NN, you could also make money
working on projects that call to you intuitively.
I'm sorry if I missed what your profession is but think outside the box as you are extremely creative.

It's all going to be okay. And I also agree with the member who suggested you seek out relatives who
can help you..maybe even provide you with a home to live in rent-free. Don't be afraid to ask the Universe for
what you want. (y)(y)(y)

Boy, give yourself a pat on the back for surviving these
Now that horrible time has passed, you will notice a vast improvement in your life, both financially, emotionally & romantically.”

OH THANK GOD!!! Some sunlight through the clouds, finally. Yes, it has been tough, but I’m glad to hear it’s passed.

I’ll see if I can’t use this Jupiter energy to pay down these debts and be free of them!

Also, you can probably see that I’m a romantic at heart from my chart, so hearing all of that about my romantic relationships is in line with my personal experience! As for the drama, well…it is what it is. I’m just obviously so magnetic, who wouldn’t be afraid of losing me? (This is humor I’ve developed to cope with difficult situations)

Funny you should ask about my profession. I went to school for International Relations, wound up in Digital Marketing, and yet have found the most financial success with my creative work. The success happened very suddenly at the end of 2019 and has felt rather heaven sent, in a way. I’m not making a fortune, not even close, but I am hoping…

Anyway, an update for all of you: I was able to land a regular job at a company for the first time in my life not ten days after posting!! Ask and ye shall receive indeed. I’m grateful so far (over the moon, actually), but past difficulties keep me wary of blind optimism. I’m going to do my very best! I hope things turn out well. It would be nice to have a stable income for once. I’ve always had dreams, but financial instability has meant that I’ve been improvising rather than planning for the future.

Thankfully the work itself is basically me being paid for my creativity. It’s the best job I’ve ever had, bar none. Please keep sending good energy my way if you have some to spare!!

I’m finally on that balance transfer credit card we mentioned earlier, and it hasn’t completely alleviated by debt burden but I do have more room to breathe.

Thank you EVERYONE for your insight and support during this difficult time. I am incredibly grateful to you. Cheers!

Zora

Account Closed

1658095821887.png

You have a full placed 8th house -a.o. money of the others, banker money, house of depts, house of contracts , house of addictions.

And is also house of the psyche, interest for psychology - subconsciously stored memory of the past, house of genetic heritage and heridated skills and gifts from family members and ancestors. And is about family dogmata, traditions and opinions - you have grew up with and what you may have taken subconsciously over as a belief. But their belief is not necessarily also valid and good and right for you and your own life path.

Your work house is ruled by Saturn and Saturn is in 8th house. Looks like family opinions, thoughts and beliefs about hard work and less money in your family as a mental self-sabotage-programme.

Your 8th house is in pisces and Neptune as your 8th house ruler is sitting critical on cusp of your 6th house - work and health and on spiritual health and spiritual healing axis 6th house /12th house. Looks like your family dogmata and opinions on you - sit there as a doorman like kinda to keep your 6th house door "closed"- for a certain reason - because the "right password" is yet not known to you.

But in fact your Neptune could work well together with your Mercury in 8th house - ruling your 2nd house - financial income - in Virgo - health and healing sign and skills you have been born with - to earn your money with for your physical existence.

In 2nd house in Virgo - financial money income your Chiron is in - trining your Neptune cusp 6th house for money flow. But Chiron inconjuncts your Aries Moon in 8th house - ruling your spiritual 12th house and your prenatal experience before birth - during pregnancy of your mother with you.

Moon in 8th house is added with Moon/Pluto energy and always connected with a deep inner fear- to get existentially totally destroyed and left alone - if doing something different as known and accepted in your family traditions.

Nevertheless your Saturn and your work house is now transit activated by Uranus by sextile for a change and an improvement.

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
Your Midheaven /10th house is in Taurus - ruled by Venus and Venus is in 7th house. Ruler of 10th in 7th house is a a professional consultant constellation.

Venus is squared by your Pluto in your 4th house - on special spiritual degree of 0° Sag - a mediator gift between two worlds - the visible and the invisible. Pluto as ruler of your IC and 4th house - house of emotional identity and house of soul. Your Venus as your 10th house ruler trines your fated Scorpio Northnode in 3rd house mental mind and communication.

Looks like you should learn to listen more to your own gut and intuition and to more follow your own flow and what you really "burn for".

And a good transit supported time for it - now - .... Transit Jupiter being in your 8th house in Aries- has already activated your 0°Sag Pluto by trine for an improvement -in a special spark-birthpoint-energy-sending way - having entered 0° Aries in May - transit still lasting until end of this year.

And has activated your Moon by conj. for a considerable change in your life - for an improvement and for your better.

dhundhun

This is a chart, having own money is not easy. However, in effort doing so, you will land up with good idea for that you get financed to run it as business. The chart is great for that as well as chart is great for luck after marriage.

Instead of running you own car run car owned by business or spouse. Instead of spending own money spend on account of business or spouse. These are some examples.

Good luck.