Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

Nope, but there were two dogs in my neighbourhood just roaming by themselves, and I rubbed them both down unsolicited. I'm getting old folks... (although I am the youngest poster currently in the thread)

david starling

When the Moon recently went into the Sign of the Mermaid, I got a hankerin' to listen to the song "Unwelcome Guest", by Billy Bragg & Wilco. I'm still enjoying it, and I just happened to notice it was recorded on Mermaid Avenue, according to the album cover.

It's in the Playlist thread if you want to play it.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I would have thought Jamaican cooking would be full of rice and pea recipes.

I’m gonna try it too tho, cheers Passi. Ill use a vegan egg substitute. Might even add tofu. It should be freezable too, I bulk cook and freeze.

david starling

Uran stations Direct tomorrow afternoon, January 18th here, in California, and just after midnight on the 19th in England, and will be ready to rumble. Expect surprises.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I love crockpot, I can fix it the night before, turn it on before I leave for work, and come home to mmmmm.

I don’t have an instant pot yet, and I have heard very good things about it. I did witness a friend make a from frozen chicken dish in an hour, it was delicious.

Opal

Premium Member
Most soups, stews, roasts are suitable. You can use less spices, but having enough liquid is important if you are gone for the day. I have crock cookbooks, but they aren’t necessary. I also love my electric roaster. Bigger crockpot, great for turkey, because it opens the oven up for pie!

Opal

Premium Member
Thanks Opal. I am going to look for an electric roaster at the secondhand shops. They look great for potlucks and outdoor parties.

Walmart is usually pretty well priced when on sale $50.

Actually, in the summer, I use a lot of electric cookers, because I can cook outside and not heat the house up. I have a BBQ, but don't always want to eat BBQ.

I love my electric frypan

Last edited:

leomoon

My daughter invited us over a few weeks ago, and used her crock-pot to fix the chicken. It was truly good. I keep saying I'm going to get one, (since my mother once had one back in the 80s?) and as usual, gave it away.

BUT, I put it off because it took me a year or more to talk my husband (who does all the cooking) into the Air Fryer. He hated the "idea" of something else cluttering the kitchen area. Some people leave their's out all the time, but we have a deep pantry shelves to use.

https://www.airfryerproclub.com/air-fryer-french-fries-no-oil/

I KNOW one day, I'll get the Crock-pot too, to add to the always used Pressure cooker and now air-fryer.

Crock pots are awesome!

CapAquaPis

Im well over 4,000 posts in my 10+ years on the AW. I can't tell how many posts I've made on my phone after my laptop is currently having a repair). Its 4,018 in the 18th day of 2022, also my nephew's birthday today and I'll give him a call after work.

Opal

Premium Member
Im well over 4,000 posts in my 10+ years on the AW. I can't tell how many posts I've made on my phone after my laptop is currently having a repair). Its 4,018 in the 18th day of 2022, also my nephew's birthday today and I'll give him a call after work.

Alright! Hot chocolate and Bailey’s for everyone!

Congratulations CapAquaPis!

Opal

Premium Member
No, I have put on close to 500,000 kilometres in 9 years. I carry weight, and oversized things. 8 cylinder Dodge Ram Mercedes engine. I get a lot of shocks though. Been in a lot of storms, close up. I like feeling the energy. It hasn’t got me yet.

The gadgets, they are just because I don’t eat a lot of take out, and summer cooking heats the house too much. In the winter, stove and oven.

Opal

Premium Member
Mercedes V8 sounds like a tough engine. I had to drive a friend’s v10 once when he and his husband were moving. No idea why they had it because they didn’t do heavy work like you do or live in the country, it was a big city and they just liked doing fixit projects around the house. The truck scared the skin right off me the way it leaped when you touch the gas pedal.

I am petrified of small vehicles. I won’t get in a sports car. Head on highway accident. And a motorcycle accident. I want big steel vehicles.

Are you electric?

Last edited:

passiflora

Sounds like you are lucky to be alive.

We have a hybrid but I’d like to go fully electric before California incentives reach end of life; gas is well above $5 / gallon so it’s really painful to fill up. The electrics are a lot nicer than the hybrids.

leomoon

I am petrified of small vehicles. I won’t get in a sports car. Head on highway accident. And a motorcycle accident. I want big steel vehicles.

Are you electric?

Here is something to consider that is "different" :cool: Driving on a new thoroughfare, a freeway - to my daughter's house when she lived about one hour from us for the July 4th weekend one year. As I recall, we had a pickup truck we used then often enough, but took the Corvette that day, as he like that vehicle, and like you, I never cared for them, because they are hard to get into imo.

Anyway, as we head down the highway, thinking, it's a breeze on this particular highway getting there, not as busy as the Interstates; before long, a huge tractor trailer type truck (many wheels), came up (he had been in the left lane, perhaps attempting to pass us??)

We were then on the right lane not speeding. :whistling: :pouty:

All of a sudden (Uranus like event), my husband grabs my hand and says "hold on", as this truck smashed into our vehicle, sending us sailing through an off ramp, turned us around the other way, but all was "ok", in the end, as we weren't hurt. My husband has always prided himself on excellent driving record for over 50 yrs. teaching all our girls,etc.

The truck driver came over as did the highway patrol. The truck driver (a semi-long type), came over and asked if we were ok, and we were we told him. He said how sorry he was, that he honestly believed we got off at the ramp, (we had not, nor did we intend to ) .....he didn't see us in his side mirror.

We were VERY lucky that day according to the State Police, because we could have died he said. My husband believes it was the choice of the lower built Corvette that saved our lives, because of the maneuvering he could to swiftly and convinced that had it been the truck we used,(although higher), it would have "rolled over twice". :pinched: When he said to me, "hold on" both his hands looked to me like a professional at the raceways would do, (left, right, circle, etc) And we'd not have walked away.:wink: The vehicle was just about totaled, (we still have it all repaired and painted,mostly left side damage, plus the front (battery etc), but don't drive it any more, in our older years.

Instead, he opted 3 years later to get us a Mercedes that I always felt was a safe vehicle. I love it for ease of getting in etc.

He still loves Corvettes, but doesn't drive them anymore.

I think he's waiting for the Electric Car esp. the Tesla to get all the kinks out, have more incentive for us, like the battery to be a longer driving time, and of course cost....

We see a LOT of them on the road now in Arizona. I can't tell one from the other but he knows. I really like our car now. I always think, "boy there is a lot of discretionary money out there in Arizona" when I see them so often unlike a year ago.

Accident in Corvette: occurred July 3, 2007 -

with Tr Jupiter rx over my 5th cj. my SN opp the 11th NN within 3 deg. conj. Uranus with the NN in the natal.

His natal: Tr Saturn over his 9th (another luckier house), as is the 11th?
conj. his P.O.F. his n. Saturn & Pluto :unsure: prog. Mercury conjunct 2 deg. 1st house n. Jupiter with SN (opp Algol )

Tr. Jupiter 11 Sag conj. closely to Prog. Sun 13Sag.

I chalk everything up to "it wasn't our time yet", and of course depicted by the positions of Jupiter mostly. :wink: He'd probably say, "its the lower gravity vehicle" he thinks and his own capability with it, that saved us.

Actually I just reminded him, and he said, the truck hit us more towards the rear, causing the Corvette to pivot to the oncoming traffic, (on the left) so he maneuvered when telling me, :pinched:

by getting the wheel to the opposite side (the off ramp, area) like a ditch area.
Not sure since it was the rear and side, why the front was damaged to cause a new battery to have to be installed too, but it was. He also reminded me that a lady who had been behind us, got out and came over to the crowd and congratulated him for his great job, (she saw the whole thing), ---- we never sued the man, I felt badly for him, plus being just grateful as we were it was only the vehicle. Good karma that way is added. :)

Last edited: