Misinformation and Political Spamming

leomoon

What led to Magdalena Andersson’s resignation?

Andersson had formed a coalition government with the centrist Green Party and the Left Party.
Andersson was voted to power on Wednesday in the 349-member Swedish parliament with 117 members supporting her, 174 members against her and a total of 57 members abstained from voting.
According to the Swedish constitution, “If more than half of the members of the Riksdag, that is at least 175 members, vote against the Speaker's proposal for a new prime minister, it is rejected. Otherwise, it is approved.”
Since less than 175 members of the parliament voted against Andersson, she became the Prime Minister.

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/in-d...s-of-being-elected/ar-AAR9rVN?ocid=uxbndlbing

If the prime minister chooses to remain in office after an election, a vote on the prime minister is held in the Riksdag within two weeks from the newly elected members first convening in the Riksdag.”
After stepping down, in a Facebook Post, Andersson had written, “The Center Party, the Left Party and the Environment Party have all announced that they will accept me as prime minister. I am excited to start working because I know that Sweden can do better.”
The speaker has proposed Andersson’s name to be the next Prime Minister and the voting is set to be held on Monday.

leomoon

updated:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/magdalena-andersson-sweden-prime-minister-1st-woman-steps-down/

Nov. 25 2021
Copenhagen, Denmark — Hours after being tapped as Sweden's first female prime minister, Magdalena Andersson resigned Wednesday after suffering a budget defeat in parliament and her coalition partner, the Greens, left the two-party minority government. The government's own budget proposal was rejected in favor of one presented by the opposition that includes the right-wing populist Sweden Democrats.

The Sweden Democrats, the country's third-largest party, has roots in a national neo-Nazi movement, but has since disavowed fascism.
The vote was 154-143 in favor of the opposition's budget proposal.

Andersson, leader of the Social Democratic party, decided it was best to step down from the post more than seven hours after she made history by becoming the first woman to lead the country.

"For me, it is about respect, but I also do not want to lead a government where there may be grounds to question its legitimacy," Andersson told a news conference.

leomoon

Why does Putin appear to be smelling something bad (photo 1 of 6)
as he checks out his food?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...election-meddling-investigation-idUSKCN1G022U

Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday he had already seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.
The indictment said the Russians it charged tried to destroy evidence of their crimes.
For example, in September 2017, one defendant wrote an email to a relative stating: “We had a slight crisis at work: the FBI busted our activity (not a joke). So, I got preoccupied with covering tracks together with colleagues.”
The email continued: “I created all these pictures and posts, and the Americans believed that it was written by their people.”

waybread

Chay, I think it's the algorithms on social media. I started a thread on them but it didn't get too far.

Basically Facebook (now Meta) and other social media execs know that their income depends upon advertising. Stick around a post or article, and your eyeballs will spend more time with their ads.

They also know that social media users spend more time on content that is hateful, angry, or doubt-forming than they do on content that is more neutral, even when the latter is factual.

Spend enough time on social media and pretty soon it figures out what to put on the top of your feed, by way of getting you reactivated so that you will spend more time with the ads. After 2-3 weeks, you won't be seeing alternative viewpoints.

As more extreme people and groups get banned from the MSSM, viewers who are hooked on their daily adrenaline diet start finding social media and blogs on the extreme margins.

Network, cable, and print news media have known for a long time that they hook readers through negativity, not happiness.

Of course, leomoon is right about Russian interference. They're not the only rogue players on social media, but they are a major one.

You want evidence to back up my point?

After the 2020 US election results were in, Trump supporters filed all kinds of lawsuits and recount demands, to try to get these results overturned. There were something like 60 lawsuits altogether, some at the local level, but some were heard by the Supreme Court. None of these lawsuits were successful. They were thrown out of court for insufficient evidence, and sometimes, for the plaintiffs' lack of standing. Many of the judges were Republicans some were Trump appointees.

You'd think this would end talk of a "stolen" election. It hasn't, leading me to believe that Trump supporters simply aren't seeing this kind of news.

I've now posted several times that the latest Gallup poll shows that American voters are roughly 1/4 registered Republican, 1/4 Democrat, and 44% independent. [Some affiliate with a tiny party, or may personally be to the right or left, just unaffiliated with a party.

So, it's worse than just the algorithms. Angry people won't trust information that doesn't come from a source that caters specifically to the fears, anger, and self-doubts.

david starling

Chay, I think it's the algorithms on social media. I started a thread on them but it didn't get too far.

Basically Facebook (now Meta) and other social media execs know that their income depends upon advertising. Stick around a post or article, and your eyeballs will spend more time with their ads.

They also know that social media users spend more time on content that is hateful, angry, or doubt-forming than they do on content that is more neutral, even when the latter is factual.

Spend enough time on social media and pretty soon it figures out what to put on the top of your feed, by way of getting you reactivated so that you will spend more time with the ads. After 2-3 weeks, you won't be seeing alternative viewpoints.

As more extreme people and groups get banned from the MSSM, viewers who are hooked on their daily adrenaline diet start finding social media and blogs on the extreme margins.

Network, cable, and print news media have known for a long time that they hook readers through negativity, not happiness.

Of course, leomoon is right about Russian interference. They're not the only rogue players on social media, but they are a major one.

After the 2020 US election results were in, Trump supporters filed all kinds of lawsuits and recount demands, to try to get these results overturned. There were something like 60 lawsuits altogether, some at the local level, but some were heard by the Supreme Court. None of these lawsuits were successful. They were thrown out of court for insufficient evidence, and sometimes, for the plaintiffs' lack of standing. Many of the judges were Republicans some were Trump appointees.

You'd think this would end talk of a "stolen" election. It hasn't, leading me to believe that Trump supporters simply aren't seeing this kind of news.

I've now posted several times that the latest Gallup poll shows that American voters are roughly 1/4 registered Republican, 1/4 Democrat, and 44% independent. [Some affiliate with a tiny party, or may personally be to the right or left, just unaffiliated with a party.

So, it's worse than just the algorithms. Angry people won't trust information that doesn't come from a source that caters specifically to the fears, anger, and self-doubts.

Last I saw, in 2020, there were 11 million more registered Democrats than Republicans in terms of eligible voters, 7 million of whom actually voted in the last Presidential election.

With non-affiliated voters split about 50/50 on who they voted for, that plurality of registered Democrats versus registered Republicans accounts for Biden's 8 million vote margin of victory in the Popular-vote.

Last edited:

chay

Banned

Yes you are correct. I posted something a while ago about how Social Media giants are making a BILLION dollars a day out of the Anti- Vax movement. Basically if big tech had banned a lot of it as misinformation, there wouldn't be such a big furor over it, but it's keeping people online and engaged. Then there's Rumble, Bitchute, Gab, Telegram all so vile I cant even go on them. People certainly are entitled to form their own opinions but the people following those platforms are all angry, calling for unnecessary violence and in my opinion going nuts. So algorithms and social media are almost causing war. Also with people engaging in anger so much, climate change barely gets a look. I believe it's a test of mental fortitude to stay out of Rabbithole's in this era. I know people who were happy, friendly people who got sucked into Qanon and over the last five years have now become hateful, they've lost family relationships, they choose people they only know online over friends they've had in real life for decades & have become racist, homophobic & intolerant. It's a terrible thing.

chay

Banned
I've been watching this since a ex friend tried to get me into Qanon, probably because I have been in a cult, I recognised the grift. You are right about people seeing completely different versions of news. Look at OANN, Trumps news site, you'll never see anything they don't want you to see on it. I really think Trump wanted to be Americas Putin and to profit of the people. If you can convince any of his followers to watch a single thing on MSM they will have an angry reaction to it...cognitive dissonance. I showed a Qanon guy a clip from VICE about how Qanon was actually a rehashed political hoax, he was furious and couldn't get past saying the host of the show was a deliberate Leftist plant because she was young, black & a woman. As if all those things were virtually demonic. He lives in a completely alternate reality and the ego is embarrassing to watch. He totally believes he is superior due to knowing all the secrets and tells people they're all about to find out the real truth VERY SOON. Its been VERY SOON since 2016 and not a single thing he has predicted has happened.

david starling

Trump's new media platform, "Pravda Social"* has Putin's full support. :whistling:

*("Pravda" means "Truth", in the Russian language. During the Soviet era, Pravda was the newspaper trumpeting Soviet news and propaganda. Now there's an online version in Russia.)

On "Truth Social", the "truth" is whatever Trump says it is. Fact-checking is forbidden.

Last edited:

tikana

I have no issue with discussing current events of the day including on forums devoted to astrology, there are astrological charts for politicians, their parties and countries' or states governments and I don't mind anyone disagrees with me on many things without sorting to attacking, harassing and insulting posts.

CapAquaPis,
i am not even talking about current events combined with astrology that includes poiticians and etc. I love to look at mundane charts I dont write about them. Will my astrological judgement be clouded depending on which way the pendelium swings? Absolutely. My problem is that some people start stirring the pot with with trigger reaction intent like what's the mods stance on vaccination and etc. I havent a single post from mods attempting to sway members one way or the other. So starting up a thread on this issue made no sense other than to provoke some sh*t.
Political threads always have that personal opinion it is NEARLY impossible to be objective. That is the problem with current journalism. Same event is seen differently by different networks. So pseudo-journalist spread the false news, and people who want to stir up sh*t, share that bs across the forums/social media. The misinformation is this has been going on for centuries. Classica example, the outcome of Egypt/Hittite war, battle of Kadesh. If you believe Ramses II's propaganda machine, Egypt won. If you look at Hitttites, Muwatalli II won. We HEAR ONLY Ramses II's version. If you start digging, you will that it is very possible that the Hittites won. There was a peace treaty but the exchange of written records from the egyptian side it is clearly that egypt was overwhelmed by Hittites chariots. Egypt did not advance into Lebanon-Syrian border, which you see it time overand over again during and aftermath of the battles with Nubia(Sudan). And Egypt did occupy Sudan, Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria, Israel and Palestine but they never ever entered Hittites land(current central of Turkey).

Last edited:

chay

Banned
CapAquaPis,
i am not even talking about current events combined with astrology that includes poiticians and etc. I love to look at mundane charts I dont write about them. Will my astrological judgement be clouded depending on which way the pendelium swings? Absolutely. My problem is that some people start stirring the pot with with trigger reaction intent like what's the mods stance on vaccination and etc. I havent a single post from mods attempting to sway members one way or the other. So starting up a thread on this issue made no sense other than to provoke some sh*t.
Political threads always have that personal opinion it is NEARLY impossible to be objective. That is the problem with current journalism. Same event is seen differently by different networks. So pseudo-journalist spread the false news, and people who want to stir up sh*t, share that bs across the forums/social media. The misinformation is this has been going on for centuries. Classica example, the outcome of Egypt/Hittite war, battle of Kadesh. If you believe Ramses II's propaganda machine, Egypt won. If you look at Hitttites, Muwatalli II won. We HEAR ONLY Ramses II's version. If you start digging, you will that it is very possible that the Hittites won. There was a peace treaty but the exchange of written records from the egyptian side it is clearly that egypt was overwhelmed by Hittites chariots. Egypt did not advance into Lebanon-Syrian border, which you see it time overand over again during and aftermath of the battles with Nubia(Sudan). And Egypt did occupy Sudan, Cyprus, Lebanon, Syria, Israel and Palestine but they never ever entered Hittites land(current central of Turkey).

Yeah I did start the thread as a reaction to other political posts. I did think maybe we could stop it but since everyone was for political posting and freedom of speech I thought fine, I'll feel free to put my views up too. Our astrological judgement is always clouded by our biases and every aspect will be perceived and interpreted as such. Because in Astrology all manifestations of a certain aspect will play out.

tikana

Yeah I did start the thread as a reaction to other political posts. I did think maybe we could stop it but since everyone was for political posting and freedom of speech I thought fine, I'll feel free to put my views up too. Our astrological judgement is always clouded by our biases and every aspect will be perceived and interpreted as such. Because in Astrology all manifestations of a certain aspect will play out.

My problem with political threads on this board is I havent seen non-US political thread like German elections (whole era of Merkel is coming to the end). I havent seen political storm that is going on in Congo. I havent seen the econommic storm going on in China (not even mentioning Australia's stallment of coal delivery to China bc of direct threat to Taiwan). Or Islamic state just declared a war in Ugadan and Congo (this is big deal). All i see is domestic US politically constupated threads swinging either right or left.

You said "Our astrological judgement is always clouded by our biases and every aspect will be perceived and interpreted as such. Because in Astrology all manifestations of a certain aspect will play out" Yep. that is 100% true. That is why horary is good for political stuff. Just need to pick the right players and look at things objectively. You got my drift.

Last edited:

chay

Banned
My problem with political threads on this board is I havent seen non-US political thread like German elections (whole era of Merkel is coming to the end). I havent seen political storm that is going on in Congo. I havent seen the econommic storm going on in China (not even mentioning Australia's stallment of coal delivery to China bc of direct threat to Taiwan). Or Islamic state just declared a war in Ugadan and Congo (this is big deal). All i see is domestic US politically constupated threads swinging either right or left.

You said "Our astrological judgement is always clouded by our biases and every aspect will be perceived and interpreted as such. Because in Astrology all manifestations of a certain aspect will play out" Yep. that is 100% true. That is why horary is good for political stuff. Just need to pick the right players and look at things objectively. You got my drift.

Yep you nailed it. The internet is flooded with American politics.

tikana

Yep you nailed it. The internet is flooded with American politics.

yup it is annoying even for me (i am domestic). Some US politican farts, automatically the whole world knows about it. I get it we are still a super power and we have control of alot of things (something minor or big happens - stock market reacts almost automatically).

blackbery

Trump proven RIGHT again, he's always right!

Brit Hume
@brithume
This is a hard and detailed look at some of the NY Times and Washington Post reporting on Trump-Russia. To say that reporting does not hold up well is an understatement. This is a catalog of bad journalism, most of it still uncorrected.

Five Trump-Russia 'Collusion' Corrections We Need From the Media Now -- Just for Starters

https://www.realclearinvestigations...e_need_from_the_media_now_-_just_for_starters

blackbery

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
·
Nov 26, 2021
Not only are the worst and clearly most discredited Russiagate articles here from the NYT and WP not yet corrected, but several of them were part of the Pulitzers with which they showered themselves for feeding this deranged conspiracy theory. Subsequent events are ignored:

blackbery

TAKE BACK THE PULITZER PRIZES FROM THE FAKE NEWS.

Mollie
@MZHemingway

Excellent point. The failure of the Pulitzer board — first by granting, then by refusing to rescind, the Russia hoax prizes — sullies every single award they’ve ever given.

@Chris_arnade
· Nov 26
Replying to @ggreenwald
One of the insights of experience is realizing prizes like the Pulitzer are often awards to the most un-original, least dangerous, & most suck-up-y

Makes me wonder about the highly decorated works of the past & what actually thoughtful stuff has been lost to time.

blackbery

Then WHY do you and Leomoon & David & the rest of the gang turn EVERY thread into yet another Trump-hating thread.:crying::crying::crying:

I haven't seen any threads from you about world politics, every thread is tusrned into 'orangeman bad'.:surprised::andy::tongue:

I have no problem with Trump-hating threads as long as you stay in your own lane, I believe in free speech but not when almost every thread is hi-jacked to throw your anger onto President Trump.

World politics are much bigger than who said what about one Orange, one term lousy President, Blackberry.

blackbery

The whole Russian-Collusion delusion was perpertrated by Clinton/Obama, they KNEW Trump was going to win in 2016 because of the massive support with the American peope fed up with the dirty, filthy swamp.

They awarded Pulitzer Prizes to the fake news & it was ALL fake, phony & false no matter how many times you regurgitate the lies, doesn't make it true.

Actually, Durham has already indicted 3 of the Dems & many more to come right up to the top criminal traitors.

And return those Pulitzers!!!

Russians were charged with posing as American citizens on Facebook and influencing the election in 2016, but they fled back to Russia.

Not enough evidence to prove that Trump had anything to do with it, even though it helped him win the Electoral College vote.

blackbery

Why don't the Trump-haters start their own thread titled...Why I hate Donald Trump?

That way, they get to vent their anger & vitriol out on ONE thread instread of turn ing almost EVERY thread into a Trump Derangement Syndrome rant.

I can't even tell you how many times, a thread about something has turned into a Trump-Hating diatrible. So start ONE thread & get all your hate & anger out there.

Thank you.

david starling

Why don't the Trump-haters start their own thread titled...Why I hate Donald Trump?

That way, they get to vent their anger & vitriol out on ONE thread instread of turn ing almost EVERY thread into a Trump Derangement Syndrome rant.

I can't even tell you how many times, a thread about something has turned into a Trump-Hating diatrible. So start ONE thread & get all your hate & anger out there.

Thank you.

How about a "Why I Love Donald Trump" thread?

No criticism of him allowed.

I'd start it myself, but it would be better if a Trump-lover were the OP.

Last edited: