Lots which are not mentioned in texts

AlterAntiscia

Premium Member
Lots (parts) have been extremely useful in my delineation of nativities but there are so many which aren’t mentioned in texts and some which are mentioned without providing a calculation to go with it (like the lot of standing from anthologies)

For example, there are at least 4 different part of deaths and I use them all when attempting to read or predict death. But I am surprised that no one uses ASC + 8th Cusp - L8 as a part of death. What is this part used for then?

I’ve also found ASC + Cusp 10 - L10 to be important in luck, fame, achievement but can’t find any information about it.

It’d be quite helpful if anybody can recommend an online course which teaches traditional astrology, lots/parts and how to create ones which aren’t mentioned in texts.

JUPITERASC

Lots (parts) have been extremely useful in my delineation of nativities but there are so many which aren’t mentioned in texts and some which are mentioned without providing a calculation to go with it (like the lot of standing from anthologies)

For example, there are at least 4 different part of deaths and I use them all when attempting to read or predict death. But I am surprised that no one uses ASC + 8th Cusp - L8 as a part of death. What is this part used for then?

I’ve also found ASC + Cusp 10 - L10 to be important in luck, fame, achievement but can’t find any information about it.

It’d be quite helpful if anybody can recommend an online course which teaches traditional astrology, lots/parts and how to create ones which aren’t mentioned in texts.

Hellenistic Lots list at http://www.astrology-x-files.com/lots.pdf

Compiled & annotated by Deborah Houlding The following is extracted from Al Biruni's text :smile:
The Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology,

(written at Ghaznah, 1029 AD)
following the R. Ramsay Wright translation (1934).

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/alparts.html

*Morph*

Through practice, I have found that the lot of death (degree of the Moon to the 8th Whole Sign cusp - cast from Saturn) is the only one that works. Beware of casting this lot using house divisions - it changes the degree and doesn't work. BTW the lot of standing is Basis.