Could someone please read my chart?

I just got into astrology. I already have tried to interpret my birth chart but I am not really experienced in this, so it would be nice if someone who understood something would read my chart. :smile:

The 2 areas I'm most interested in are:
1) Career and everything that goes with it;
2) Family - spouse and children.

It would be really nice if someone could interpret my chart (especially the 2 areas given above).
I would really appreciate if you could also explain your interpretation of my chart (the aspects, signs in the houses etc.) as it would help me understand astrology or at least some aspects of it better.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

It looks to me like you will work very enthusiastically at your career, with Mars-Uranus conjunct your MC, and they are involved in an out-of-sign grand trine formation.

I have my Uranus conjunct the MC as well, and it can confer a lot of starts and stops and changes of plan-- unless you decide to focus on a career that is by its nature Uranian. This might be something like science, aviation or aerospace, psychology-- or astrology. (Uranus is the modern ruler of astrology.)

These are not fields likely to bring you fame and fortune, however, so I wonder if you are thinking more along the lines of acting or some other type of performance. I think you do have acting talent, with your moon in the 5th house forming an out-of-sign trine with your Mars-Uranus-MC, MC ruler Jupiter in the third house of communication, and moon-Venus in mutual reception. (Venus rules the fine and performing arts generally.)

However, being a professional performer is a very difficult field to get into: lots of competition from talented people.

One of the troubles with a grand trine, and a relatively "easy" chart to begin with, is that you may not work as hard as your should to get to the top of your field (whichever one it is) because life goes pretty well for you even if you don't make an extra effort.

Marriage and children are entirely possible, but you may have to wait a while and work at this, as well. Saturn ruling the cusp of your 7th house of marriage, and with Chiron in the 7th, can indicate some delays and disappointments. This is often an indication of marriage later in life, to an older man, or to someone who seems particularly Saturn-like in some way.

The sign and planet ruling the cusp of your 7th house also indicate the type of man to whom you are attracted. He may not have any planets in Capricorn, but the positive character traits associated with this sign should appeal to you.

The moon in the 5th house is a good indicator of children. Libra is a moderately fertile sign, and your Cancer planets should help out here.

I don't do a lot of work on timing. Especially given your young age, there are so many variables-- astrological and non-astrological-- that could affect what happens to you later in life. This is a good time to get to know yourself-- for yourself-- as a unique stand-alone individual.

One word of caution is to be careful with your money and to learn good habits of savings. Jupiter in the 2nd house (and trine Pluto) can be an indicator of wealth, but the trouble is, with your Jupiter opposing Neptune and semi-square Saturn in the 12th, you may be overly optimistic and tend to over-spend, which can lead to financial embarrassment if you are not really careful with your money.

With your north node (of the moon) in the 11th house, your personal growth will probably come through your relationships with friends and associates.

watcherofthesouth

Your husband will be very good looking (JUP at the Libra degree) or a lawyer. He might have a lot of hair or be bald (both Leo characteristics). He may be foreign with Saturn in the 12th, and aspecting Moon - famous.

Agree with Waybread - due to my Uranus aspects I jumped all around in my career until I found astrology after 40 - although for you it could be something else that's Uranus related.

Saturn is your duty in life - and in 12th that can mean healthcare. At 4 degrees, it could be a mother or mothering in some capacity, especially aspecting Moon. You may find that your calling is to be strong for those who are weak, or cannot defend themselves.

The best placement (imo) is that Uranus is at 2 degrees ("the best" degree).. Einstein had this too (his URA 1 degree retrograde = 2 degrees). You may teach science to high school students (5th) at some point but you will have a higher calling, perhaps publishing.

Thank you very much waybread and watcherofthesouth for reading my chart! It is very insightful!

Right now I’m considering 6 career fields – computer science, medicine, law, teaching, acting and singing.
Considering your interpretations of my chart, from the above mentioned fields computer science seems to be the best for me.

As a family person I’m relieved that marriage and children in my chart aren’t “denied”. Are there also any indicators of the number of children (one or many)?
waybread says that Saturn as the ruler of the cusp of my 7th house indicates marriage later in life (Chiron in the 7th house also doesn’t help), but does that mean I will marry late? Can I with this aspect also marry early in life, but to an older man or someone who is Saturn-like, and lead a happy marriage?
As for the Saturn-like husband – what would you say is a Saturn-like person?
watcherofthesouth, you say that Saturn in the 12th house indicates that the partner may be foreign. In what sense foreign – from a different country or culture (or both)?

Thank you waybread for warning me about money! I hope I never come to a financial embarrassment because I like to save money, not spend it.

Thank you both once more for taking the time to read my chart, it has already been very helpful!

Last edited:

waybread

Thanks for the feedback: it's very helpful.

I don't do predictive work at the level of specificity you wish. For one thing, we're not just a bunch of mechanical robots, merely playing out a pre-programmed destiny. Choices that you make at one point will affect the options available to you at a later date.

As an autonomous individual, you might not actually want someone else to hand you a script for the rest of your life, down to the last button. Part of the process of being alive on the planet is learning how to live with uncertainty.

Sometimes it's best to "let go and let God."

Thank you for the reply!
I don't take the predictions too seriously, as I know that there is also free will. When something in the chart is predicted, it doesn't mean that it will happen. But still, it is really interesting to know what is predicted in one's natal chart. I agree with you waybread that it may not be the best idea to have a script for one's life but it would be nice if astrology could help when making difficult and/or important decisions.
Right now I have to make a big decision myself - I have to choose what and where to study, and I want to make the right choice. As I already stated, I'm considering five career fields to go into, so I thought that it would be helpful to know what is said in my natal chart and maybe that would help me make the choice. With the help from your interpretations, I think that I've made my choice. I'm not fully sure about it, but, hey, it's better than nothing!
You both have interpreted my chart using the tropical system. I've heard somewhere that the sidereal astrology covers the predictive events. I know that in the Vedic astrology my Sun and Ascendant are in Gemini, which I think doesn't fit me as well. Is Vedic astrology the same as sidereal astrology? Should I ask for a reading in Vedic astrology? Maybe someone here could do a reading in Vedic or should I post another thread (if yes, then in which forum - in "Read my chart" or "Vedic astrology"?)?

wan

I think being a performer or an actress is possible, you just need to have a "day job" to support yourself in the mean time till you make it big.

How old are you? Usually studio executives like someone really young.

xichuwangwai

Thank you for the reply!
I don't take the predictions too seriously, as I know that there is also free will. When something in the chart is predicted, it doesn't mean that it will happen. But still, it is really interesting to know what is predicted in one's natal chart. I agree with you waybread that it may not be the best idea to have a script for one's life but it would be nice if astrology could help when making difficult and/or important decisions.
Right now I have to make a big decision myself - I have to choose what and where to study, and I want to make the right choice. As I already stated, I'm considering five career fields to go into, so I thought that it would be helpful to know what is said in my natal chart and maybe that would help me make the choice. With the help from your interpretations, I think that I've made my choice. I'm not fully sure about it, but, hey, it's better than nothing!
You both have interpreted my chart using the tropical system. I've heard somewhere that the sidereal astrology covers the predictive events. I know that in the Vedic astrology my Sun and Ascendant are in Gemini, which I think doesn't fit me as well. Is Vedic astrology the same as sidereal astrology? Should I ask for a reading in Vedic astrology? Maybe someone here could do a reading in Vedic or should I post another thread (if yes, then in which forum - in "Read my chart" or "Vedic astrology"?)?
If one thinks there's "free will", that only means one doesn't really know how to predict.

waybread

I think being a performer or an actress is possible, you just need to have a "day job" to support yourself in the mean time till you make it big.

Her chart gives a 2003 birth year.

Confecte15, another way to look at it, is that you don't have wrong or bad career choices. You might also look at combining a couple of them. For example, teaching computer science. Computer science is consistent with your Uranus conjunct midheaven, and the best teachers are natural actors.

But note that being confused about so many career possibilities is entirely consistent with your Uranus conjunct midheaven. Uranus rules sudden change, and you may find yourself repeatedly changing your mind. Something to consider is a career that would give you a lot of flexibility and that has different dimensions to explore. I don't think you'd be happy with a same-old, same-old routine.

Thank you all for your posts!

If one thinks there's "free will", that only means one doesn't really know how to predict.

Sorry, I might have not put it as well as I thought.... Yes, maybe it isn't exactly "free will". What I meant was that, for something to happen, one has to take some sort of action, if one just sits there and does nothing, it is very unlikely that the prediction will come true, e.g. if a person is without a job and it is predicted that in that time they will get a job offer but they do not do anything for that to happen, it is very unlikely for the prediction to come true. Maybe it wasn't the best example but I hope you understand what I meant.
But about the part that I don't know how to predict - you are right. That's also why I'm asking you for help. :smile:

Her chart gives a 2003 birth year.

Confecte15, another way to look at it, is that you don't have wrong or bad career choices. You might also look at combining a couple of them. For example, teaching computer science. Computer science is consistent with your Uranus conjunct midheaven, and the best teachers are natural actors.

But note that being confused about so many career possibilities is entirely consistent with your Uranus conjunct midheaven. Uranus rules sudden change, and you may find yourself repeatedly changing your mind. Something to consider is a career that would give you a lot of flexibility and that has different dimensions to explore. I don't think you'd be happy with a same-old, same-old routine.

Thank you for your post, waybread! The Uranus placement explains a lot.
Yes, I could combine a couple of the careers, and I may do that at some point. Also, I know that I don't have to work in one field for the rest of my life. I can have multiple careers troughout my life, but still, at first I have to study in one of the fields, then I can work in that field and if I feel like studying something else, I can do that.
Right now I'm leaning more towards computer science, if not as the only one, then as the first field to get into. What makes this choice so difficult for me is that I feel passionate about just one of the fields, but that field is acting (in theatre because, as I previously stated, I have no experience in film)..... I consider the other careers not because I am passionate about those fields or particurarly like them, but because I am or could be good in those fields. But maybe I will (and I hope that I will) learn to love the job I decide on (as I stated above, right now it's computer science).
One question though still remains unanswered - where to study? Should I stay in my home country and study here or go to another country and study there (and which country)? Is something that could help me with this decision in my chart?

See.... This topic is a bit difficult... What do you mean with "making it big"? "Making it big" in my home country or internationally, like Hollywood or Broadway? Because in my home country it is relatively easy to become an actor.
My home country is relatively small. If you get in the acting program (there is no other way to become an actor here), you are going to become an actor, you will have a career. It just depends on whether you will be an independent artist or part of the staff (as an actor) in one of the state theatres (most of the graduates are working in the state theatres and that's also the main goal). Independent artists are in a very vulnerable position as they don't have a stable workplace and their income isn't as stable (and as good but it depends on the actor and the job) as the income of an actor in a state theatre. Actors in state theatres have a stable income (very low though) and a workplace. How long an actor's career in the theatre is going to be, depends on a lot of things, including talent, age, directors and the management. Some actors have very short careers (3-5 years), some have very long careers (more than 60 or 70 years). After leaving theatre or getting fired, the actor becomes an independent artist. But, if you are an actor in my home country, you cannot really do anything else because doing that you will risk your career. For an actor in my home country to survive, he has to take part in many side projects and jobs like filming in TV shows, advertisements and films, and hosting events but he has to be able to manage all that. I know a couple of actors who got fired because they took on too many side projects. So, I do not think it would be a very good idea not just for me but actually for anyone to become an actor in my home country...
When talking about Hollywood or Broadway, one doesn't necessarily need to have studied acting in college (though it's a plus). One has to have talent, usually good looks and a good agent (and, with a few exceptions, English as one's native language) + luck to stand a chance in the industry, as there are millions of people who want to make it big in Hollywood, less on Broadway, as it is live theatre, but still, many dream about this.
+ I'm a realist. The chances of me making it big in Hollywood or Broadway are close to none. Also, my native language isn't English. I'm from Europe. How many European actors whose native language isn't English are there in Hollywood? Not many. From actresses there are Marion Cotillard, Alicia Vikander, Eva Green, Monica Bellucci, Diane Kruger, Isabelle Huppert, Léa Seydoux, Penélope Cruz, Catherine Deneuve and Sophie Loren (one could also count Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich) maybe more but I can't think of more at the moment. Also, no one from my country has actually made it in Hollywood. I have no examples of European actors whose native language isn't English on Broadway though...
As to answer your question about my age - I'm currently 17. I'm still young, so maybe I should just try and see what happens. Maybe I will make it to Hollywood or Broadway, who knows (I certainly don't)? Maybe I should go to the United States, study and work there and, at the same time, audition for roles in films, short films, TV shows, Broadway shows and national tours of Broadway shows, and maybe get a part in something and eventually make it big. But I don't believe that it will happen. But I also won't believe it until it actually happens (is there something like that also in my natal chart?).

Is there maybe something else in my chart that could be helpful?

Last edited:

xichuwangwai

Thank you all for your posts!

Sorry, I might have not put it as well as I thought.... Yes, maybe it isn't exactly "free will". What I meant was that, for something to happen, one has to take some sort of action, if one just sits there and does nothing, it is very unlikely that the prediction will come true, e.g. if a person is without a job and it is predicted that in that time they will get a job offer but they do not do anything for that to happen, it is very unlikely for the prediction to come true. Maybe it wasn't the best example but I hope you understand what I meant.
But about the part that I don't know how to predict - you are right. That's also why I'm asking you for help. :smile:

Thank you for your post, waybread! The Uranus placement explains a lot.
Yes, I could combine a couple of the careers, and I may do that at some point. Also, I know that I don't have to work in one field for the rest of my life. I can have multiple careers troughout my life, but still, at first I have to study in one of the fields, then I can work in that field and if I feel like studying something else, I can do that.
Right now I'm leaning more towards computer science, if not as the only one, then as the first field to get into. What makes this choice so difficult for me is that I feel passionate about just one of the fields, but that field is acting (in theatre because, as I previously stated, I have no experience in film)..... I consider the other careers not because I am passionate about those fields or particurarly like them, but because I am or could be good in those fields. But maybe I will (and I hope that I will) learn to love the job I decide on (as I stated above, right now it's computer science).
One question though still remains unanswered - where to study? Should I stay in my home country and study here or go to another country and study there (and which country)? Is something that could help me with this decision in my chart?

See.... This topic is a bit difficult... What do you mean with "making it big"? "Making it big" in my home country or internationally, like Hollywood or Broadway? Because in my home country it is relatively easy to become an actor.
My home country is relatively small. If you get in the acting program (there is no other way to become an actor here), you are going to become an actor, you will have a career. It just depends on whether you will be an independent artist or part of the staff (as an actor) in one of the state theatres (most of the graduates are working in the state theatres and that's also the main goal). Independent artists are in a very vulnerable position as they don't have a stable workplace and their income isn't as stable (and as good but it depends on the actor and the job) as the income of an actor in a state theatre. Actors in state theatres have a stable income (very low though) and a workplace. How long an actor's career in the theatre is going to be, depends on a lot of things, including talent, age, directors and the management. Some actors have very short careers (3-5 years), some have very long careers (more than 60 or 70 years). After leaving theatre or getting fired, the actor becomes an independent artist. But, if you are an actor in my home country, you cannot really do anything else because doing that you will risk your career. For an actor in my home country to survive, he has to take part in many side projects and jobs like filming in TV shows, advertisements and films, and hosting events but he has to be able to manage all that. I know a couple of actors who got fired because they took on too many side projects. So, I do not think it would be a very good idea not just for me but actually for anyone to become an actor in my home country...
When talking about Hollywood or Broadway, one doesn't necessarily need to have studied acting in college (though it's a plus). One has to have talent, usually good looks and a good agent (and, with a few exceptions, English as one's native language) + luck to stand a chance in the industry, as there are millions of people who want to make it big in Hollywood, less on Broadway, as it is live theatre, but still, many dream about this.
+ I'm a realist. The chances of me making it big in Hollywood or Broadway are close to none. Also, my native language isn't English. I'm from Europe. How many European actors whose native language isn't English are there in Hollywood? Not many. From actresses there are Marion Cotillard, Alicia Vikander and Monica Bellucci, maybe more but I can't think of more at the moment. Also, no one from my country has actually made it in Hollywood. I have no examples of European actors whose native language isn't English on Broadway though...
As to answer your question about my age - I'm currently 17. I'm still young, so maybe I should just try and see what happens. Maybe I will make it to Hollywood or Broadway, who knows (I certainly don't)? Maybe I should go to the United States, study and work there and, at the same time, audition for roles in films, short films, TV shows, Broadway shows and national tours of Broadway shows, and maybe get a part in something and eventually make it big. But I don't believe that it will happen. But I also won't believe it until it actually happens (is there something like that also in my natal chart?).

Is there maybe something else in my chart that could be helpful?

The "free will" is in the chart too. I'll just use your job example. If a planet, say Saturn, is prominent, then the person "sits there and does nothing"; if a planet, say Mars, is prominent, then the person "takes some sort of action". Of course, the "free will" in a chart is usually much more complicated than the simplified example. To predict, one should consider all the important things, including the "free will" if necessary.

waybread

confecte15, I suggest that you settle on your university major field, and then consider which universities would give you the best education in that field. Also, which country would offer you the best opportunities. There is also a personal factor, if you've always wanted to live in a particular place.

Computer science is a good choice because you can use these skills in a variety of employment situations.

confecte15, I suggest that you settle on your university major field, and then consider which universities would give you the best education in that field. Also, which country would offer you the best opportunities. There is also a personal factor, if you've always wanted to live in a particular place.

Computer science is a good choice because you can use these skills in a variety of employment situations.

For now I have settled on computer science as my university major field. My best bet is to study in my home country but the program here isn't very good. I would like to study somewhere else where the program is not only slightly better than here but is also very good. But I also have to take into account what I can and what I cannot afford.

Can you see a "location" or "direction" (or something like that) in a natal chart?

Last edited:

wan

I think with computers, it's possible to take online courses, you don't have to be physically present in a class room in order to learn about computers. Studying abroad is very expensive because you would be an international student, and universities and colleges charge huge fees for that.

Also, I agree with you that having English as a first language is very important, almost essential, when it comes to Hollywood. Until you mentioned it, I never noticed it before, but there truly aren't many A-listers that speak another language as their mother tongue.

Last edited: