What are you learning from COVID?

!4C

The World wide web as we know it began in the early 1990s period, but the current astrological alignment is making the world stay inside for a while and get used to chatting with our family, friends and colleagues a lot more online.
Are you saying that aquarius saturn expands remote socialization while reducing in-person socialization? "Social but distant" is how I would describe aquarius.

Dirius

Don't you realize he pays himself handsomely? Its just "off the books"....
Besides the huge Tax Cut he gave to himself and his rich friends 2 years ago there is now this, worth millions each:

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sh

Who needs a puny $250 grand when you can steal millions and millions from taxpayers and leave them holding the bag, (as well as their grandchildren as the National Debt adds up) One is taxable the others aren't!

Besides these multi-millions, (perhaps adding up to a billion when adding in the 1st Tax Cuts he will get incl. the heir write offs for Trusts) don't forget the $150 Million in golf carts, etc to his resorts, (he'll manage to write that off too)

djt knows salaries are taxed, but write offs are far easier and you get to keep more. Remember, he's a Billionaire on paper, and cheap too

:bandit::ninja::whistling:

none of the links you posted are working.
-

Nothing wrong with keeping what you earn. I'm not in favour of taxation, which I consider theft. So do many people.

If you believe tax cuts are bad for the economy, speak with small business owners who beneffited from lower taxes. A lot of people were happy with the tax cuts.

If you are against the top marginal getting a higher cut, its what you get for having progressive taxation.

david starling

Yes JFK was also anti-abortion, pro second amendment, and supported cutting taxes.

Hmmm... what is the word for a an american politician who is usually in favour of those things now days?

Pro 2nd Amendment doesn't exclude most Democrats today. JFK cut taxes when it made economic sense to do so, not from an anti-tax philosophy. He wasn't virulently anti-abortion or anti contraception.
He would be considered a conservative Democrat by today's standards.

Dirius

Pro 2nd Amendment doesn't exclude most Democrats today. JFK cut taxes when it made economic sense to do so, not from an anti-tax philosophy. He wasn't virulently anti-abortion or anti contraception.
He would be considered a conservative Democrat by today's standards.

Yes an epithet that carries less and less significance as time passes for the democrats. What is a conservative democrat? There are less of them with each passing year, given the democratic party moving further to the left. And with republicans moving to the center, many democrats are slowly joining them.

Most "conservative democrats" are slowly being defeated and replaced during internal elections, in favour of more progressive communists.

Joe Biden might be the last person called "moderate" to run for president.

david starling

Yes an epithet that carries less and less significance as time passes for the democrats. What is a conservative democrat? There are less of them with each passing year, given the democratic party moving further to the left. And with republicans moving to the center, many democrats are slowly joining them.

Most "conservative democrats" are slowly being defeated and replaced during internal elections, in favour of more progressive communists.

Joe Biden might be the last person called "moderate" to run for president.

The term "Moderate Republican" has been replaced by RINO--"Republican In Name Only".

CapAquaPis

Learning more about the nature of coronaviruses in part of my huge interests in science. The classification of living things (animalia, botany, viruses, bacteria and fungi) shows the similarities and differences of related species. From the common cold (rhinovirus) and influenzas; to poxes like chickenpox (and shingles), smallpox (extinct since vaccination in the 1970s), measles and rubella; herpes as a STD; canker sores; and SARS like the first one (2002-04 now disappeared), MERS (2010s to reappeared in different places then to vanish) and Covid-19 which turned into a current global pandemic in 2020. Viruses known to make us cough, sneeze, have fever, chills and sore throats; as well make the skin break out into rashes and pimples; and the ones likely to cause forms of pneumonia have similar symptoms, but they vary differently.

david starling

Learning more about the nature of coronaviruses in part of my huge interests in science. The classification of living things (animalia, botany, viruses, bacteria and fungi) shows the similarities and differences of related species. From the common cold (rhinovirus) and influenzas; to poxes like chickenpox (and shingles), smallpox (extinct since vaccination in the 1970s), measles and rubella; herpes as a STD; canker sores; and SARS like the first one (2002-04 now disappeared), MERS (2010s to reappeared in different places then to vanish) and Covid-19 which turned into a current global pandemic in 2020. Viruses known to make us cough, sneeze, have fever, chills and sore throats; as well make the skin break out into rashes and pimples; and the ones likely to cause forms of pneumonia have similar symptoms, but they vary differently.

I'm afraid to catch a regular old cold now! Everyone would think I caught Covid-19. :pinched:

Opal

Premium Member
The first person I knew that needed computer anonymous, was an Aquarius. He would stay up all night on the thing. His family was unimpressed, as he was ignoring his daily duties. Sleeping through the day and alone eyes bulging at the screen at night. He was a fabulous musician, classically trained. It was the early 90's.

Opal

Premium Member
none of the links you posted are working.
-

Nothing wrong with keeping what you earn. I'm not in favour of taxation, which I consider theft. So do many people.

If you believe tax cuts are bad for the economy, speak with small business owners who beneffited from lower taxes. A lot of people were happy with the tax cuts.

If you are against the top marginal getting a higher cut, its what you get for having progressive taxation.

In Canada, taxation began with The War Measures Act. It was renamed in 1988, to The Emergency Act of 1988.

When it was The War Measures Act, it was used for the first and second world wars. The taxation went to the War effort, so they said anyway. It was never repealed. They just kept raising it and making new laws to afford themselves protection for the misappropriation our money.

The Last time it was used was for The FLQ October Crisis, in Montreal by PM Pierre Trudeau, the said father of our present PM Justin Trudeau. Now Justin is mentioning using it.

I say "said" Father because of the rumours. He looks very much like a famous political leader. Fidel Castro.

Would it be funny? or not? :pouty:

Dirius

In Canada, taxation began with The War Measures Act. It was renamed in 1988, to The Emergency Act of 1988.

When it was The War Measures Act, it was used for the first and second world wars. The taxation went to the War effort, so they said anyway. It was never repealed. They just kept raising it and making new laws to afford themselves protection for the misappropriation our money.

The Last time it was used was for The FLQ October Crisis, in Montreal by PM Pierre Trudeau, the said father of our present PM Justin Trudeau. Now Justin is mentioning using it.

I say "said" Father because of the rumours. He looks very much like a famous political leader. Fidel Castro.

Would it be funny? or not? :pouty:

Canada isn't a constitutional republic. It is a fiefdom of the english royal family. You have a sovereign and a monarchy which acts as the head of state. The idea of strong government presence in your daily lives is a given. The country was never founded under the principles of liberty.

The majority of republics were founded on the idea of small government intervention, and individual rights protected by a constitution.

This is evident in the constitutional preamble of Canada in comparison to any republic. For example, while the canadian constitutional preamble talks about an administrative division subject to the british crown, the american constitution talks about individual liberty.

-------------------------------

What I'm trying to say is that Canada is supposed to get ******* by government and the political aristocracy. Your entire country is founded on that ideal. Other nations are not. Don't get me wrong, I agree you are getting robbed blindly by the political class, and I hope some day you can do something about it.

But Canada's problems are inherent to a system which is corrupted in the first place. Its not just politicians. Its the whole identity of a nation which grew used to relegating everything to the government. That is why now Canada along with the rest of the UK is suffering from virtually every single individual right being breached by those in power.

Last edited:

david starling

The first person I knew that needed computer anonymous, was an Aquarius. He would stay up all night on the thing. His family was unimpressed, as he was ignoring his daily duties. Sleeping through the day and alone eyes bulging at the screen at night. He was a fabulous musician, classically trained. It was the early 90's.

A sidereal Sun-Capricorn?

Opal

Premium Member
Canada isn't a constitutional republic. It is a fiefdom of the english royal family. You have a sovereign and a monarchy which acts as the head of state. The idea of strong government presence in your daily lives is a given. The country was never founded under the principles of liberty.

The majority of republics were founded on the idea of small government intervention, and individual rights protected by a constitution.

This is evident in the constitutional preamble of Canada in comparison to any republic. For example, while the canadian constitutional preamble talks about an administrative division subject to the british crown, the american constitution talks about individual liberty.

-------------------------------

What I'm trying to say is that Canada is supposed to get ******* by government and the political aristocracy. Your entire country is founded on that ideal. Other nations are not. Don't get me wrong, I agree you are getting robbed blindly by the political class, and I hope some day you can do something about it.

But Canada's problems are inherent to a system which is corrupted in the first place. Its not just politicians. Its the whole identity of a nation which grew used to relegating everything to the government. That is why now Canada along with the rest of the UK is suffering from virtually every single individual right being breached by those in power.

Actually, I see all government bodies as the same lying slime. I can’t tell the difference, between government rule, and government rule. We are all slaves.

Every country has problems. All stem from the puppet masters that want you to think you are free. Or not.

PatAstro

I am somewhat happy that this is going on. Because
people were so harsh on me, bullying me for being different.
Not doing what I need to do...
such as finding a job
or marrying a guy.

I'm kinda like :tongue: Good!!!

Since I can't do the things I wanna do...
people can't do the things.

People bullied me at the concert.

So good... Concerts are cancelled.

:tongue:

I saw people in other countries are so angry with the USA.
And one of them said, "USA deserves it"
Maybe some Americans hurt that person.

USA *****!! People are so mean and snobbish.

Some men wanted me to be a housewife...
ruining any opportunities I have my eyes on...
Good!!! Traditional is gone. Normal is no more.

Everything is upside down. :whistling:

CapAquaPis

Serological studies in 3 select locations which were earlier covid19 hotspots last month before mitigation like lockdowns, higher number of available testing and closer management to isolate all positive cases. Imagine 1 out of 8 people in a German town (Gangelt-Heinsberg), NY suburb (New Rochelle) facing the Bronx, and the SF bay area in CA (Santa Clara city and nearby areas in the namesake county). If a place has 1,000 overall cases in 6 weeks, but to find a lot of the 3,300 (Santa Clara), 500 (Gangelt-Heinsberg) and 1,000 (New Rochelle's local maternity ward), the rate of actual asymptomatic infection is 5-85 times more than the current infection record varies by location or how early the first case! Also they're studying the majority of the USS Theodore Roosevelt where the president fired Capt. Crozier for his concerns of the risk of infection spreading to him and others on his naval carrier. Why 1-3% of the 600 out of 4,000 sailors tested positive died or in serious condition, but 91-93% have few or no symptoms. The naval crew were in the best of health, are in their 20s and 30s, and blood type (genetics?) disparities studies on severity and recovery from covid19. No one is immune to a new virus (look at Native Americans widely reduced by 98% by introduced European diseases they never had for 50,000 years), but the way the virus acts to most younger, healthier or certain people...it makes me wonder this is less "SARS or MERS" or more like a "cold/flu" when we know this isn't a cold or flu to begin with. Diseases with a potential risk of death to anyone need to be eradicated.

Last edited: