LEO Rising

aquarius7000

:confused: Does Sun as the (main) Ruler of the chart make you come across as dominating compulsively. Do you automatically have a commanding attitude and an ego the size of a pumpkin?
Would appreciate your experiences and observations in this regard?

Thanks!! :)

Astrocurious

I have Leo on the ascendant and I don't think I have a huge ego or come off as a comanding or dominating person. To be honest, I don't really know how to explain myself.:D

aquarius7000

Astrocurious said:
I have Leo on the ascendant and I don't think I have a huge ego or come off as a comanding or dominating person. To be honest, I don't really know how to explain myself.:D

Oh great, you are already here on this Thread, cause I just posted to you re Leo Rising and height :)
I am Leo Rising myself with my Asc in opposition to my rx-Mercury and Sun (both Aquarius in 6)
I am 5'3" in height, but do have that Leo trait of a thick, wavy mane growing low on my neck. And yes, I have been told that I get noticed when I enter a room (even a crowded one), though I am of very average height and have a slim built.

Last edited:

Astrocurious

Yes I have very thick curyly hair, very very thick, I'm not big boned but I'd say that I'm medium boned/framed, with good muscle tone(with a feminine shape), and I can honestly say that when I look in the mirror I have a lion like resemblance, even a little catlike in my appearance and I like it, I like all of it.:D I have a flatish round nose, catlike eyes, and my whole appearance just reminds me of looking lion like. Does that make sense?:D

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Astrocurious said:
Yes I have very thick curyly hair, very very thick, I'm not big boned but I'd say that I'm medium boned/framed, with good muscle tone(with a feminine shape), and I can honestly say that when I look in the mirror I have a lion like resemblance, even a little catlike in my appearance and I like it, I like all of it.:D I have a flatish round nose, catlike eyes, and my whole appearance just reminds me of looking lion like. Does that make sense?:D
Yes, all this makes perfect sense. Well, I see more the lion in me than the cat ;), but its all the same family (as answer to your questions in your mail)

Sometimes sadly, I have also been told that I make the (first) impression of being proud and dominating, some are more harsh and term it arrogant and bossy, though when people get to know me deeper and better, they never say these things. I think this is so because when you get to know some one well then its more the real you, meaning Sun (personality) and Moon (your emotional and vulnerable side) which come to the forefront. I have an Aquarius Sun & Mercury, and a Capri moon. Unfortunately, since both my Sun and Mercury(Rx) oppose my Ascendent, I am more prone to being misunderstood often, and this is oh so true :(

Last edited:

Astrocurious

Oh yeah, I can definitely relate more to my sun sign(Capricorn) than my rising sign,(Leo) but my appearance is more related to my ascendant than the sun sign.

universal

Regarding Leo rising, and the Sun as the ruler of the chart, I know two people very well who are in this category, one of whom is my baby brother.
I have not noticed domination in this set-up. I sense a noblesse oblige attitude, as the benign monarch assumes the role of leader, but also has the desire to be of service to his subjects... Like The Queen has to be pushy - she is The Queen after all, and we all know it.
I think people naturally gravitate to the warmth and life-giving properties of the Leo Rising individual, basking in the glow and 'taking in the sun' these people kind of naturally throw off. Outside appearance seems to be important though, be it being bedecked in finery, funky vintage, or just a name brand sweater.

aquarius7000

universal said:
I have not noticed domination in this set-up.

I sense a noblesse oblige attitude, as the benign monarch assumes the role of leader, but also has the desire to be of service to his subjects...

I think people naturally gravitate to the warmth and life-giving properties of the Leo Rising individual, basking in the glow and 'taking in the sun' these people kind of naturally throw off.
Outside appearance seems to be important though, be it being bedecked in finery, funky vintage, or just a name brand sweater.

I sense a noblesse oblige attitude....
That's perhaps because you know him (your brother) too well (sun, moon, venus) than to just see that dominant side

...but also has the desire to be of service...
This is very true, it's more about doing good, but Leo's don't mind that pat on the back after that.

I think people naturally gravitate to the warmth and life-giving properties of the Leo Rising individual, basking in the glow...

Yes, for people who dont fear not getting noticed themselves because the 'Sun' with all its 'radiance' might steal them the show, will know how to enjoy this radiance :) I think people who see it somewhat as a threat because either they dont know how to handle it or simply miss this quality in their ownselves, are the ones perhaps who term it 'dominance'

Outside appearance seems to be important though, be it being bedecked in finery, funky vintage, or just a name brand sweater.

Yes, keeping up appearances does hold its own importance with Leo (Rising), but if you have an Earth moon (though Taurus might not support the rest of the sentence) like a Capricorn moon (as in my case) or a Saturn close to the your Sun or Moon, then the 'brand-name' vanity bit is kept in check, I guess :)

Last edited:

Astrodawn

Good morning :)

I have leo rising and a cap sun like astrocurious,

im 5,6 (in ref to tall post)

I would say I have a mix in that I appear very leo (Ive always had the lion main) I do have a presence and have been accused of being domineering or arrogant, but this is usually from people who dont know me.

My cappy side gives me a good sense of humour but also keeps me grounded.
As said in the post above, I like to look good but I have never been a slave to fashion labels, i dont need to cover myself in expensive items to be noticed though, so perhaps thats why i dont bother wasting my money ( ive only just thought about that!)

Dawn :)

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Astrodawn said:
I have leo rising and a cap sun..
have been accused of being domineering or arrogant, but this is usually from people who dont know me.
See, it's always the people who dont really know you (but take the liberty) that call you arrogant etc. because others who really know you know the qualities of your Sun and Moon and have cared to see the positives of the Leo rising, too, which is very jovial, generously giving and sunny :)

Astrodawn said:
As said in the post above, I like to look good but I have never been a slave to fashion labels, i dont need to cover myself in expensive items to be noticed though, so perhaps thats why i dont bother wasting my money ( ive only just thought about that!) Dawn :)
Not being an unnecessary spendthirft, could also come from the sound- thinking ability of the Capricorn Sun (Capris like to always have something in store for the rainy day and are more the savers than the spenders).

Have a bright day! Aquarius7000

Astrodawn

Aquarius7000

You are exactly right

My cappy does make me try to save and I enjoy a bargain but Im not frivilous with money because I never have any haha but thats another story! (down to my prominant stellium in the 2nd house)

Have a lovely day :)

deanna

My sons Father has Leo Rising and I have Leo moon. Ego is such a small word to decribed the inflated feelings! Drama all the way...

He has lines in his face (mabye sorta like Mick Jagger aged look without the big lips)-whatever a Leo Rising is decribed as he fits the mold.

But I am a Sag rising so I will always look younger than him. (darn ego again):38:

-De

aquarius7000

deanna said:
My sons Father has Leo Rising and I have Leo moon. Ego is such a small word to decribed the inflated feelings! Drama all the way...

He has lines in his face (mabye sorta like Mick Jagger aged look without the big lips)-whatever a Leo Rising is decribed as he fits the mold.
-De
Oh, the lines on his face must come from somewhere else ;) Leo rising is said to make you look younger than your age (see Leo is the child in you - 5th house remember) That's one compliment I get even from people who dont like me ;)

deanna

My mother is a Leo sun and she looks very young.

I guess I should have told everyone that the link I porvided above was not a picture of my sons father but of a pictire of a lion:38:

My sons dad will be 44 but he looks like he is 32 but thinks like he is 18 (moon in Aries)

My best female friends have been Leo/Leo rising.

-De

Astrocurious

I always thought of the sun sign being the core you, your core ego, and the ascendant being your "outer ego" the outer you...I don't see it as a "mask" either, I see it being a part of you like the sun and moon are a part of you but the acendant is shown on the "outside". However I believe there are some aspects of one's sun sign being shown on the "outside" too, and I believe this is where it gets complicated(for me anyway in terms of understanding how to distinguish the sun and ascendant). I read on a website that it's the outer personality, the vehicle that which takes "you". In my case, capicorn is "me" in the seat, the car is moving me to point a to point b(leo, which is the outer persona) is the leo ascendant. Does that sound right?:eek: Please correct me if that isn't right,but this is how I understand it and I'd appreciate all opinions.

Astrocurious

Okay a few more things I wanted to add:D

In relation to leo rising, I am usually loud when I'm expressing myself and sometimes it would get to the point where my friend(s) would say "shhhhh" for being too loud :p And I'd usually say "what, am I too loud?" :D....I have a tendency to move my hands and arms alot when explaining things(maybe that's the mars in gemini), and when it comes to keeping things neat, I'm a sticker for order and cleanliness but the problem is is that I acquire so much stuff, more stuff than I actually NEED(leo rising) that it frustrates me that i have all this junk in my closet(neatly put away), but I have this nagging ego telling me that I need it when I know in reality I don't need all that shtuff.:p My closet spaces would be so much neater but I just can't settle for less.:p I also have junk drawers(in my dresser) and i have such a difficult time getting rid of things, most if it is JUNK!!:eek::rolleyes: I think I buy way too many hair products and just "stuff" in general when shopping... I'm often rash in my decisions too, many times I don't think too hard about it, if I want it I get it. Now there are times when I'm like "Darn I should have thought this through, now I really don't want this." Sometimes (i guess the cappy in me) i OVERTHINK things usually these things I'm contemplating or mulling over are more related to bigger more important decisions though....this all sounds crazy I know, or that I sound like some crazy chick, hey maybe I am:D I'm overflowing with things I really don't need, it bothers me but it would bother me to get rid of it....maybe not in the long run...I dunno...LOL

I'd like to ask you leo risings if you acquire more than you need? Are you loud when you speak?
Thank you

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Astrocurious said:
I always thought of the sun sign being the core you, your core ego, and the ascendant being your "outer ego" the outer you...I don't see it as a "mask" either, I see it being a part of you like the sun and moon are a part of you but the acendant is shown on the "outside". However I believe there are some aspects of one's sun sign being shown on the "outside" too, and I believe this is where it gets complicated(for me anyway in terms of understanding how to distinguish the sun and ascendant). I read on a website that it's the outer personality, the vehicle that which takes "you". In my case, capicorn is "me" in the seat, the car is moving me to point a to point b(leo, which is the outer persona) is the leo ascendant. Does that sound right?:eek: Please correct me if that isn't right,but this is how I understand it and I'd appreciate all opinions.
Astrocurious, I think you're basically trying to say the same thing as most of us. To me the Ascendant is the garb (even mask) that you wear when in contact with others or when you step out of yourself & into your surroundings. So that is your self-image you present to others.

To explain it a bit primitively, it's just like me putting on the mask, which fits the description of a Leo mostly (if you have a Leo Rising) and so people notice you by those traits first.
On the inside, your Sun takes possession of your personality - so that's who you really are (without that garb). Taking my e.g.: I value my independence above everything else, and have always been so inside(Aquarian Sun). Since I so act- as I am, people, when they get to know me, know that I am one of those independent, do-my-own thing kind of person. Only I guess that this trait (independence) will not get noticed the moment I enter a pub or simply meet somebody for the first time (as it's the inner me), but my so tagged dominating & extrovert attitude will.
You see, we dont want to present our innerselves (Sun) & our emotions + feelings (Moon) openly on a platter straight away when we meet people, especially coz that will make us too vulnerable, so we cover ourselves in the 'veil' of our Rising, if you so like (sort of defense mechanism). So people with the same Sun & even Moon signs will come across differently when you meet them for the first time (& hardly know them), if they have two different Risings (say Leo: warm & gregarious, Virgo: cool & reserved)
So I would deduce that people get to know eachother in this oder:
Rising (the outside image) > Sun (the real person inside) > Moon (your emotions & the way you feel about things).
That's why many a time we say for e.g. for a third person: she's a softie on the inside & not as hard as she comes across to be.
As we only by and by unveil ourselves.

Hope I could explain the difference a bit clearly at least :) Though do not forget that how you might come across also depends on the planets in first house & the aspects you Ascendent may form. Puuhh!!

aquarius7000