Increasing Intelligence

Michael

// three ways to increase your intelligence
1. Continually expand the scope, source, intensity of the information you receive.
2. Constantly revise your reality maps, and seek new metaphors about the future to understand what's happening now.
3. Develop external networks for increasing intelligence. In particular, spend all your time with people as smart or smarter than you.

- Timothy Leary, The Intelligence Agents

Source: http://www.increasingintelligence.com/

Discuss.

447296727_1d90524c5b_m.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for that Michael.....

I reckon we all get a bit lazy and once we find something that we think works, we just give up on anything else.....thats why I particularly like this point....... " 1. Continually expand the scope, source, intensity of the information you receive."

I feel sorry for those that are really smart already, trying to find people to talk to.....I especially feel sorry for stephen hawkings.....man that guy would feel isolated at times, I bet.........

What made you think of this?

tsquare

Awesome, ok...I would add....me in red.

// three ways to increase your intelligence
1. Continually expand the scope, source, intensity of the information you receive.

Expansion is positive, so is inflow, it is important to make the data into information and find what is usefull as well....we are not short of data, drawing it up constantly with big pens and or markers on large notepads, modeling stuff out, to define things for oneself and to own and have the information, instead of it just becoming loose mental data really helps.

One must work with it, test it, take ones time, and not have an unbending obsession or fixed intent to learn with major expected outcomes, also study a subject for it's own sake instead of a grade, also there must be a willingness to be either wrong or right, and an ability to change ones mind of false stable datums while one knocks on the door of truth. That is the most difficult part, questioning ones own motives and hidden reasons for not owning truth, which increases success through Know and certainty, knowledge is onle a step through comunication, wisdom is important as well. Enforced realities are overated.

2. Constantly revise your reality maps, and seek new metaphors about the future to understand what's happening now.

Ahh...Past time, present time, and future time, and mental maps....all important...subjetive reality and objective reality in many are colapsed and confused in odd ways.....Comparing the past to now and analysing the differences and similarities does one good, but must be done from now and in real time, a model...

differnences and similarities from
now to past
past to now
now to future
future to now
now to now
past to past
future to future
future to past
past to future
these are the 9 flows of time.

ones awareness and intention is often in the many mocked up times with mental models of past present future...often while looking and comparing the differences and similarities to objects in the past and present one will often find the past sitting in ones future...the mind is tricky....

it also likes to confuse by identification, delusion, mental models with now reality...recovering ones past is often a way of recovering ones perception of the future as well as present and how one creates it...giving one a new fresh, stable present time to work from...it expands the mind and perception, so one does not identify the past with the present or the future with the present etc..people with other people....it also gives one a diferent sence of time which is subjective, in many there is not much difference between subjective and objective...

nearly everyone uses data and experience to create their decissions conciderations and opinions in life, partially unconciously partialy conciously, which none of them are truth absolute, but all are helpfull in the use of games where an individual is at the awareness of not know, going into a new area and such.

a person may be creating the present from the past or the future as well as the present through their mental models, and mockups of reality, through which they interact with reality through the formation of absoulutes in their mental universe...which they often see for themselves as the physical universe.....the mind is a tricky dicky.
What will happen is one will come out of inactuality in some areas based upon subject, which can be scary because one starts to see how stupid one was....some stop there.....it can be frightening and also embarassing, embarassment is also one of the reasons people stay stupid.

What keeps people stupid and in their personal unwanted conditions?

1 - ignorance,

2 - maintenance of ignorance,

3 - substitution to a heavy degree, and

4 - co-operation with other screwy people to keep it that way.

If you want to grow and become rational, then you have to attack these 4 things. If you would fix these 4 things by subject on a person, they recover very rapidly. In fact they get quite a restoration of self and power.

It takes all four of those things for someone to stay in the condition they are in. You can actually be so sloppy as to change any one of the four, and they will get better. - If you change all four, and confine the work to addressing subjects one at a time, life can become a piece of cake, after a while.

3. Develop external networks for increasing intelligence. In particular, spend all your time with people as smart or smarter than you.

Good advice, one thing to remember as well is gradient, defining things for oneself while observing others models and deffinitions, not getting in over ones head, practive with posing and resolving problems, breaking subjects down into areas of study without getting to narrowminded about specific boundaries you have created, or they have created(differentiation)(virgo), differntiate, find similars(gemini) with other subjects, or in the subject deffined itself, identify specific things(piscies), dissasociate some things(sag), find things that are predictable, make your own models as well as find where and how your models came about...whose ideas and where they came from, analize beliefs,
IT also helps to know who your are, if you don't find out and ask yourself.
People who don't know who they are do stupid things and say stupid things, there are many cause of this.

ask,

1)What do you believe to be true?
2)Why do you believe it to be true?
3)What was the earliest time you believed it to be true?

Uncover your beliefs to find self evident truths.

Colecting and copying viewpoints is easy, so is dissasociating and dissagreeing with them.....similarities helps in study and learning, differentiation helps with pulling apart the mass of thoughts ideas and viewpoints to discover their source.
Use all the mutable signs of the zodaic sparingly.
It is good to be able to be rid of some viewpoints and automatic thoughts or ideas or models, so if one is going to create models, share or express them, one must also be able to uncreate personal models as well, created or colected...or co created... as they become useless....dissasociating from people that are screwy ony works to a certain degree if one has also in the past either agreed or dissagreed heavily with them...it can fix ones mind into current viewpoints that can limit one's discovery of truths behind the hows of things. It can fix one on a fixed course of discovery of knowledge and wisdom.
Learn to neither dissagree, agree, or be indiffernet. Find the place above that, use it, that is a way, or part of a way, to truth and the ability to use it...or see it for oneself.

Dont be affraid to question, but try to find your own answers, they are the only ones you can use because you know how you came about them, use your own observation without being the total effect of others or enforcing yours, never be affraid of multiple theories, but also be practical instead of just colecting theoretical knowledge. Find things you can use and play with them till you can. Bulid upon your own experience and discard experience that is limiting by unmocking it instead of ignoring it, or blacking it out of your mind where it will effect one later.

Understand that emotional inteligence is just as important as mental intelligence, never forget the heart.

- Timothy Leary, The Intelligence Agents

Discuss.

Tsquare

Michael

"What made you think of this?"

Looking to Jupiter

What made me think about posting this? It is very powerful information, so I thought it was a good idea.

What made me think about investigating this?. Three keywords: Transhumanism, Technological Singularity and Trascendentalism.

Links for further research:
Transhumanism
1. World Transhumanist Association. (http://www.transhumanism.org)
2. Extropy Institute. (http://www.extropy.org/)

Technological Singularity
1. Ray kurweil AI Site. (http://www.kurzweilai.net)
2. Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence. (http://www.singinst.org/)

Trascendentalism
1. Alex Grey. (http://www.alexgrey.com/)
2. Dean Radin. (http://www.deanradin.com/)
3. World Pantheism. (http://www.pantheism.net/)
4. Church of Virus. (http://www.churchofvirus.org/about.html)

Last edited:

Moulin

I have another way to increase your intelligence.. only let positivity into your life.

That means NO tv, NO newspapers, NO bull****, NO adverts, NO magazines...

surround yourself with positive people.

Oh yeah!!!

tsquare

Hmm..intersting links, i'll have to check them out....
Alex Gray does nice work, I wonder if he is the artist I have been searching for after seeing a painting not too long ago with a meditating man, sleeping, while a beam of light,or some type of flow, cord, zig zag, coming out of the top of his head, he was all skeleton, blue veins, and was surrounded by 100 or so eyes painted in some matrix shape above and arround his head space....brilliant use of viewpoints in paint, I really like the first piece here as well on this link under paintings. Mabie it's him, the work looks very similar.
I'll have fun with this link.

Edit: Right on! it's the same guy!:)
the one I am speaking of above is called dying, in the paintings section under progress of the soul.
I recognized other paintings as well.
Thnks for the link.

Last edited:

tsquare

NO tv, NO newspapers, NO bull****, NO adverts, NO magazines...
This would absolutely kill some of the people I know of, no joke!
I think they would go into massive withdrawl symptoms then enter shock.
at least at first....
it would take them some getting used to...they are so used to being spoonfeed ******** that they do not realize that if they were to shut it off all at once, the music from the comercials would be singing in their head untill they could find a way to make it stop....and it would get louder,.. and louder,.. and louder...

I have the net, and for the most I avoid all of the above.....
dodging adverts, leaping over magazines, burning newspapers...still use the TV for Films, skipped the cable bill though..I have rabbit ears..I try to order films that I think will be interesting from word of mouth, things I have wanted to see that I will never find in a theater, I plan it out somewhat, have a movie night rather then just flip on the couch and coast through garbage for 4 hours while drooling on the couch..shoving cheetoes in my mouth...(crunch, crunch...)

One thing I have noticed though, if I try and block out negativeness from or in life, I attract more of it.....like i try to pull positiveness towards me and it runs away, I push negativeity away and it backflows back at me, best I have been able to do is acknowledge it as it is ********, then there is no rock in the face slingshot effect.......

Internet has it all...if I want the weather I don't have to wait till 6 or 10.
And I don't have to buy anything taht makes beef jerky from Ronco either.

Michael

I greatly appreciate magazines, Tv and advertising. I do not think avoiding them is a good idea, unless there is addiction.
Being positive does not mean isolating yourself from others or being prejudiced. It means integrating with a greater whole and letting experience teach you.

Last edited:

Moulin

Michael said:
I greatly appreciate magazines, Tv and advertising. I do not think avoiding them is a good idea, unless there is addiction.
Being positive does not mean isolating yourself from others or being prejudiced. It means integrating with a greater whole and letting experience teach you.

With all due respect l believe you are missing my point which is not easy to make online!

I never said isolation was a good thing yet l truly believe that one's life is far more productive on all levels if one avoids the "media". The media is just fallacy/illusion and if you wish to put your faith in it then so be it. Who am l to judge your specific case.

I would rather integrate myself into the whole experience of "REAL" life and teach myself through interaction with other human being of my choice rather than be brainwashed with all the propaganda that is rife through media.

I have lived for a few years now very successfully with no media. I can pick and chose what l wish to listen to, or believe in. I am very popular and make a good dinner party guest, enjoy fully interacting in life and all it has to offer. I will not be taken in by the bull**** that is "the news today" or some silly soap on tv that is killing off my brain cells and numbing my soul.
That's just me... you did ask the question "increasing Intelligence" and apart from the obvious mind exercises, mind expansion tools, having diverse and interesting discussions/debates with highly intelligent beings and reading various enlightening books, this is my answer lol

TSQUARE - lol ... like attracts like, no? :)

Moulin

ps l have observed that people who are not happy are the ones to:

watch hours of tv
immerse themselves in magazines
go out drinking a lot
take drugs in an excessive amount
not be able to enjoy the silence and their own company

Have you observed this Michael?

Moulin

Definitely. Identifying Paris Hilton is a total no-brainer AND almost as embarrassing as identifying your own dirty underwear at the launderette lol

"Escapism rules" seems to be the favorite dish of today's world eaters. I don't mind, l love the minority anyway as l don't need anyone else in this world to complete my mission. It's a bonus but not a necessity.

"i walk my own path, create my own road"

Michael

Even though Moulin has good points, she is out of the topic and very arrogant in her prejudices. Her advice may be good for finding true happiness or wisdom, but it has nothing to do with intelligence. As an example a Scientific American magazine or Discovery Channel are not light entertainment. Also there is the possibility to derive great joy from a good celebrity gossip magazine, like myself have experienced many times.

I am fascinated by the Media, and really find it fulfilling and wholesome. And you will probably see it in my nativity below. I understand many people do not like the Media at all, or only enjoy it in a very superficial way (probably most people). Also it has become commonplace to talk negatively of the Media.

Attachments

• 2454573843779.gif
    2454573843779.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 19

smilingsteph

I am reading a book about neurolinguistics, a way to develop personal skills and skills relating to those we encounter.
It would be great to be all knowing and smart! However I think that we can show others that we are smart simply by using good communication skills.
You can be smart, but how would one know you are smart if you are not communicating your skill in a way that has purpose?
We all communicate in different ways, but the main purpose remains.
You must first take the time to listen to one and pick up on certain words that person uses.
Like if someone says:
I want to take action and move this project along...
They are a kinesthetic type of person. We would then respond in a kinesthetic way.
We could say:
Yes I think by getting this project off the ground many great things can begin to fix the problem we have encountered.
By taking the words that people say and picking out whether they are visual "I see the problem" or auditory "I hear" then we are able to respond in the same way that the other person communicates, thereby bringing about a form of mutual communication that is understood.
If we are understood then we can communicate our uniqueness and intelligence in a better way.
Same thing with written communication, as on this forum.
We all have a special uniqueness within, it is how we express it that makes others raise an eyebrow and say "geez they really understand" thereby increasing your personal likeability.

smilingsteph

I agree with Moulin,
If you dont like yourself then how are you to be happy? I think in order to be happy we have to really like ourselves first, then bring to others our individuality to the table.
Not all media is bad, you can increase your worldy knowledge by the media.
Not respecting others opinions show a decreased intelligence. Intelligence encompasses many things, not all tests and scores can interpret intelligence.

Michael:
Intelligence is wisdom! To be wise you must have some intelligence. I dont see how Moulin is off topic really.
I can see in your chart that on your MC you have gemini, you like to flit about on a job, enjoy talking with others and friendly gossip..therefore you probably do enjoy media and a job with the media in some form would fit you.

Moulin

Michael said:
Even though Moulin has good points, she is out of the topic and very arrogant in her prejudices. Her advice may be good for finding true happiness or wisdom, but it has nothing to do with intelligence. As an example a Scientific American magazine or Discovery Channel are not light entertainment. Also there is the possibility to derive great joy from a good celebrity gossip magazine, like myself have experienced many times.

I am fascinated by the Media, and really find it fulfilling and wholesome. And you will probably see it in my nativity below. I understand many people do not like the Media at all, or only enjoy it in a very superficial way (probably most people). Also it has become commonplace to talk negatively of the Media.

Arrogant? Predujiced?congratulations on being the 1st person to call me these 2 things. Hmmm these words are not associated with a PMA, are they?
therefore, 'here, catch! Whilst I throw them back at you for re-evaluation'.

I think that my idea has a lot to do with intelligence actually and by association l believe that it shows a lack of intelligence to judge me so blindly.

I like smiling steph's post as it shows the importance of the tree bearing its fruit for the greater god, through action and if you have a problem with that then its your problem! Putting me down wont help.

Imagination is more important than knowledge and higher intelligence is ALL about assimilation, questioning, understanding, thinking laterally and putting it all into action.

After all, a closed book has few attributes ;)

Michael

You are confusing intelligence with wisdom. Also it requires creativity to post a thread like mine in an astrology forum. On the other hand your response is very average really, nothing special there, just an overblown prejudice.

Last edited:

Moulin

Michael said:

May l ask you then - "why do you think it has become commonplace to speak negatively in regard to the media?"

Let's step up to the plate for a moment and look at news, for instance. How brilliant a diversion tactic is the news? Can this principle be applied to other forms of communicative media such as product advertising? What do you think, seeing as you are looking at increasing intelligence?

Media is a smokescreen and a very effective one. Does it increase your intelligence or simply divert your mind long enough to disengage your intellectual brain in favor of emotion?

Media = emotive.
No? Yes? Maybe?

Michael

I am not claiming the Media increases the intelligence of anybody. I am claiming that I deeply appreciate it. Is that so difficult to understand?. Also is it difficult to comprehend that you may be wrong and the media could actually be good for intelligence?

Last edited:
I think the media is a great tool. When one understands that like any bit of information, it needs to be questioned before blindly accepting, it can be very good for catalizing thoughts and ideas that may not have been thought about before.

Moulin

Did anyone imply that the media increases one's intelligence?

Yes it is difficult to comprehend because media has never shown me anything better than what my brain can come up with and why do you need media when intelligence is all from within? lol

for me l am not wrong. Instead of chewing my leg off why don't you open your mind and really hear what i'm saying? I resent the personal defensiveness from you as i'm stating my point of view. Your thread title asks for this and i'm complying!!!
:rolleyes:

Please explain how the media is good for intelligence?
Maybe it is difficult to comprehend that l might be right and you might be wrong an media is mind-numbingly bad for intelligence. Anyhow, whatever - one thing remains. The media treats us as if we are stupid and therefore we shall be so.

Media makes the brain compromise itself, it's ability and act lazy.

Michael said:
I am not claiming the Media increases the intelligence of anybody. I am claiming that I deeply appreciate it. Is that so difficult to understand?.
Also is it difficult to comprehend that you may be wrong and the media could actually be good for intelligence?

Last edited: