Gemstones and Astrology

Lapis

Around 1974-75 I discovered an elderly man (a very wise elderly man!) who taught Astrology classes near my home. My sister and I joined his beginning class and learned how to erect natal charts. He did NOT teach 'astrology' per sey, he believed one needed to dig deep into the subject and experience the initiatory journey on one's own first. He did however give public lectures on the more esoteric, archetypal, and psychological aspects of Astrology. He was, I believe, one of the last of that age group of true 'Occultists'.

When he was only 9 years old (he was in his late 70's when I first met him in 1974 and he left this world at age 84 I think it was) his parents did his natal chart and saw what lay there. They packed their 9 year old off with his uncle to India to be trained until he was about 21 I believe. Needless to say he learned many different of the 'Arts' while in India and was deeply knowledgable about not only Astrology but also numerology, gemology, tantra, astral projection, and numerous other things. This is where this gemstone and natal chart information came from originally. From this special and magical old man I had the great fortune to know for a few years from 1974 through the early 1980's.

Take your natal chart and assuming you know it rather well, look at both the positive and more difficult placements and aspects etc. Make note of these planets, signs, elements, and aspects etc. etc. With this list of both the positive planets and aspects you want to highlight, find the matching gemstones for each of these planets. Next, do the same with the hard or difficult placements and aspects in your natal and find the corresponding gemstones for each of those planets. So you'll have 2 listes of possible gemstone choices to use for the enhancement of the positive and easy placements/planets natally, and another list of possible gemstones to use to help the hard or difficult placements/planets natally.

Once you've chosen all the different gemstones you're going to use for you Natal Amulet, you'll need to first clean them all in sea salt for no less than 3 days and nights. Preferably you'll start this whole process during a New Moon OR a month and time that's highly positive for you astrologically. Clean them by burying them in a bowl of sea salt and leaving them untouched for the 3 days/nights, or a full Lunar cycle of 28 days.

The first gemstone to use will be the large base stone that all the other much smaller stones will be glued onto. So this large base gemstone will represent your ASC Sign and planets energies. (There's numerous great and accurate books now where you can find this info about which gemstones go with which planets and signs etc.) This stone can be as large as you want it just make sure ahead of time that all the smaller gemstones you're going to be adding to the back of it will have enough room to fit easily. You'll glue these other smaller stones to the back of the main large ASC gemstone.

Here's where it gets fun. This Teacher would add each of the smaller gemstones to the back of the amulet only during the corresponding astrological planetary hour! IOW's if he needed to add a Mars type gemstone to your amulet, he'd set his clock for the next Mars hour even if that was at 3 AM to 4 AM! He'd get up then and place, glue that Mars stone onto the amulet during that Mars hour only. And if a Saturn stone needed to be added and the next Saturn hour was 10 hours later, he'd wait until then and only then glue that Saturn gemstone onto the amulet. It may take a week or more for you to build your personal astrological gemstone amulet but.......it will be SO worth it in the end. It will radiate energies that are for you and you alone!

Here's a quick list of some gemstones and astrology signs. If you have more info about this, plase add your list of gemstones/signs too.

ARIES = Ruby, Red Jasper, Carnelian, Coral, Fire Agate, Garnet, Bloodstone, Red Tiger Eye

TAURUS = Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Lace Agate, Malachite, Azurite, Emerald, Sodalite, Blue Quartz, Blue Topaz

GEMINI = Yellow Topaz, Amber, Citrine, Quartz Crystal, Rutilated Quartz, Amazonite, Citrine

CANCER = Moonstone, Rainbow Moonstone, Pearl, Opal, White Topaz, White Jade, Banded Fluorite, Green Aventurine, Emerald, Malachite, Azurite

LEO = Golden Topaz, Diamond, Gold Tiger Eye, Orange Aventurine, Yellow Jade, Fire Agate, Carnelian, Beryl, Peridot, Serpentine

VIRGO = Citrine, Topaz, Green Moss Agate, Fedlspar, Lace Agate, Chalcedony, Labradorite, Rutilated Quartz, Amber

LIBRA = Turqouise, Opal, Blue Topaz, Jadeite, Nephrite, Malachite, Azurite, Iolite, Rhodochrosite, Rainbow Jasper, Rose Quartz

SCORPIO = Bloodstone, Fire Agate, Garnet, Ruby, Red Tiger Eye, Smoky Quartz, Onyx, Hematite, Watermelon Tourmaline

SAGITTARIUS = Amethyst, Kunzite, Lepidolite, Banded Fluorite, Iolite, Sugilite, Feldspar, Zircon, Turquoise

CAPRICORN = Snowflake Obsidian, Obsidian, Jet, Smoky Quartz, Onyx, Hematite, Nephrite, Jadeite, Garnet, Hessonite, Black Pearl

AQUARIUS = Quartz Crystal, Rutilated Quartz, Smokey Quartz, Bloodstone, Onyx, White Topaz, Labradorite, Zebra Stone, Sunstone

PISCES = Banded Fluorite, Iris Quartz, Amethyst, Sugilite, Green Moonstone, Iolite, Opal, Peridot, Lepidolite, Green Beryl
GEMINI = Quartz Crystal,

Lapis

Here's some more gemstones for the Planets.

MARS = Bloodstone, Ruby, Garnet, Carnelian

VENUS = Copper, Rose Quartz, Pink Tourmaline, Rhodochrosite, Rodonite, Strawberry Quartz, Unakite, Thulite

MERCURY = Mercury, Quicksilver, Clear Quartz Crystal, Rutilated Quartz

MOON = Rainbow Moonstone, Moonstone in all its different colors, White and Black Pearls

SUN = Gold, Pyrite, Diamond, White Topaz, Gold Topaz, Fire Agate, Fire Opal, Ruby

CHIRON = Clear Quartz Crystal, Rutilated Quartz, Snow Quartz, Tourmalinated Quartz

PLUTO = Spectrolite, Smoky Quartz, Bloodstone, Onyx, Black Tourmaline, Hematite, Larvikite, Brazilian Agate

JUPITER = Amethyst, Iolite, Sugilite, Lepidolite

SATURN = Hematite, Howlite, Obsidian, Snowflake Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, Larvikite, Zebra Stone

URANUS = Spectrolite, Apache Tears, Rutilated Quartz, Labradorite

NEPTUNE = Amethyst, Aquamarine, Fluorite, Banded Fluorite, Lapis Lazuli, Iolite, Sugilite, Opal, Lepidolite

pwadm

Staff member
Thank you Lapis, this is very valuable interesting information.

This planetary hour trick reminds me of Chris Warnock's website -
RennaisanceAstrology.com he offers there many advices on how to build an amulet. The technique used was a little different, he actually drew the corresponding symbol to the appropriate gemstone at a specific time chosen based on:
- planet in dignity
- Moon in aspect to the planet
- planet rising
- planetary hour and if possible planetary day - of that planet

Really cool...

Lapis

Hi Radu. Your post reminded me of something I forgot to include in my original post. :roll: This elder astrologer/teacher would also use the appropriate 'Day' to add each gemstone also. If a stone needed to be added to the amulet to assit (for example) the Moon natally, he's place it on a Monday and only during a Moon hour etc. etc. If it was a stone for Jupiter, then he'd add it only on a Thursday and only during a Jupiter hour and so on. Aaaahh the good ol' days when the world turned slower and we had time to work like that!

His dedication to his work was impeccable......plus he was just an extremely interesting person in so many ways.

I'll have to take a look at that site you mentioned. It sounds like a fun place I'd enjoy.

A

Anonymous

Hey Lapis and Radu!

Lapis, how fortunate to know this man. It's beautiful to get to know our potential through the quality of teachers we manage to attract. And watch as we ourselves unfold into a similar yet uniquely poured mold. Blessings :wink:

I'm pondering....

I've read that certain gemstones correlate to certain chakras and can help to rebalance energies that are swinging to far in either direction. Clearly not all literature agrees on the healing function of a certain stone, but much of it does. For example, as you know, the vibrational quality of Lapis Lazuli strengthens functions of communication and the corresponding throat chakra (though not exclusively), and all the sources I have read seem to agree on this. If certain stones (like Lapis) invariably correlate to certain chakras, and these same stones also correlate to planets and signs, do you think there then could be ia lnear relationship between chakras, stones, and planets?

Any thoughts or cool articles on this concept? I'm always hankering on that harmonic theory of everything.

Sita

A

Anonymous

Hey Lapis and Radu!

Lapis, how fortunate to know this man. It's beautiful to get to know our potential through the quality of teachers we manage to attract. And watch as we ourselves unfold into a similar yet uniquely poured mold. Blessings :wink:

I'm pondering....

I've read that certain gemstones correlate to certain chakras and can help to rebalance energies that are swinging to far in either direction. Clearly not all literature agrees on the healing function of a certain stone, but much of it does. For example, as you know, the vibrational quality of Lapis Lazuli strengthens functions of communication and the corresponding throat chakra (though not exclusively), and all the sources I have read seem to agree on this. If certain stones (like Lapis) invariably correlate to certain chakras, and these same stones also correlate to planets and signs, do you think there then could be ia lnear relationship between chakras, stones, and planets?

Any thoughts or cool articles on this concept?

Always hankering on that harmonic theory of everything,

Sita

A

Anonymous

Sorry. I have no idea why that popped up twice. I can't even delete one of them. How annoying.

When is mercury swinging retro again???

Sita

sita

Yup. Knew it. Something was just too weird about that double post.

I just peeked around on the net and today starts the Mercury Retrograde "Shadow Period" when Mercury is at the position where it will later turn Direct, but not actually officially retrograding until the 2nd of March. Here's the site I found this on:
http://www.astroprofile.com/2006mercuryrx.htm

So, 11:52 pm EST, I know I certainly just slipped into SOMETHING "different"...........

Happy Communicating, All!
:mrgreen:

Sita

Arian Maverick

So does that mean that Mercury is stationary? Because I've heard that this intensifies the effect of a planet about to go retrograde. I should know, I have a stationary Uranus in my natal chart :roll:

Aquarian Maverick

Lapis

sita,

Yes I think it's all connected. All tied together like one huge living entity. Numerology, gemstones, the chakra/endocrine system, harmonics, colors, astrology etc. etc. I wish I had one good source to suggest where you could go to get it all in one place, but I don't. I'll add one link here though that I think is good about the chakras in general. Hopefully other people will share more here about all of these different things and how they're connected.

www.myss.com/ Click on Chakras. I haven't gone through the rest of the site yet so I don't know what all is there.

Light

I just LOVE crystals! :lol:

The more I learn of astrology and the more I read about crystals, the more I can see the connections - it's amazing. All that infomation within them....

There's a new crystal jewellry shop opened near by - I've never had so much jewellry. :oops: I'm of the 'what-jumps-out-at-me-i'll-buy' brigade. The assistants are getting used to it. :oops: They really do call to you.

Lapis, do you find they disappear?

iolite and amethyst today

hel

Arian Maverick

I'm of the 'what-jumps-out-at-me-i'll-buy' brigade.

Count me in on that brigade! And Aries impulsiveness does not help the matter :roll:

I know it's not a crystal, but I've always been attracted to Turquoise...I believe it to be the color of my aura :D

Aquarian Maverick

Light

I've always been attracted to Turquoise

I love the feel of turquoise - mine disappeared! :cry: I buy them, the stay with me for a while, then they go walkabout! sometimes they turn up, sometimes they don't. I had a piece of haematite which kept disappearing from my purse. Strange. :wink:

hel

Light

When I get home I shall look up it's properties.. Unless someone comes up with them beforehand.

Have you looked at Radu's colours and the zodiac on the main page - I forget where it is exactly? See if the colour there is at a specific point in your chart.

hel

EDIT: found it! :D www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/colors-zodiac.php

My favorite colour is my IC, and I've just realised why I didn't like the colour in my house - why I was feeling so snappy all the time - it was my Mars and my Moon! (Leo and Virgo). It's going back to white and something tomorrow!! Arrrggghhh!! :roll: Perhaps I'll choose my Venus?

hel

Lapis

hel141,

I love that chart of Radu's. I just love colors anyway but that chart of colors for each astrological degree, sort of like color Sabians, is too cool! I zero-in automatically on the colors that are astrologically strong in my natal. Guess that's the whole point! :roll: But it's a lot of fun looking at them all and checking your chart.

YES.....it seems often that our 'Power Objects' like gemstones and other things, will often disappear into the Other Side! :lol: I've noticed over the years that the smaller gemstones will do this more than other things, at least for me. I think that certain elemental forces really are drawn to some of these earthy power objects and they simply take them into their worlds! And, because it's a 'power object' with a lot of your energies imbedded into it too, this seems to make it even more desirable by some of these pesky elementals. Talk to the air (ha ha) and tell it that you'd really like to have your stone/stones returned now. I've noticed that sometimes they do return and sometimes they're gone for good!

One of the things I've done for years is to collect those tumbled gemstone nugget necklaces. The long ones. Nothing fancy or expensive. Just small nuggets in a long necklace. I then restring them and put clasps on the ends so if I want I can wrap the thing around my wrist many times until I have a band of gemstones about 4 inches wide. Yummy! Or wrap it around your neck repeatedly to get the same effect. Or just wear it under your clothing against your skin where no one can see them.

I sleep with them oftentimes, I too have a special little gemstone bag inside my purse. I always put a good sized clear quartz crystal in the pitcher of filtered drinking water, and they are all over the house in special areas, doing their energy things. Put them in the bathtub when you soak too.

Light

Lapis

I love that chart of Radu's. I just love colors anyway but that chart of colors for each astrological degree, sort of like color Sabians, is too cool!

i don't care that the date is 1 April! I spent a night shift checking out the colours with a spectophotometer! :oops: (Well nothing else going on, that shift!) Redecorating the house and checking the colours very carefully! My stress levels are going right down with the walls! I'll need to pick my accents carefully to stop them going to low, though. :wink:

One of the things I've done for years is to collect those tumbled gemstone nugget necklaces. The long ones. Nothing fancy or expensive. Just small nuggets in a long necklace. I then restring them and put clasps on the ends so if I want I can wrap the thing around my wrist many times until I have a band of gemstones about 4 inches wide. Yummy! Or wrap it around your neck repeatedly to get the same effect. Or just wear it under your clothing against your skin where no one can see them

I do this, too. I find, though, that the strings keep breaking after a while. I Believe it's when I'm finished with that particular ston. I just don't need it for a while. They turn up again when I do. It's the same with jewellry - I get an urge to change it - even in the middle of the night, sometimes! At the moment, the jewellry which makes me buy it (! :oops: ) has all been about 3rd eye opening. Strange.

Aqua Mav

One of the properties of turquoise is to heal past life trauma. Coincidence? Not.

Take care

hel

Lapis

Laura Elizabeth,

Many many people use salt and/or sea salt to submerge their different quartz crystals and some other gemstones (and other 'power objects') as a way to psychically cleanse them all. Water (blessed) and Salt (blessed) makes 'holy water' which is used to do the same thing basically.

Another very positive way (and safer for some gems) to psychically cleanse not only gemstones but just about anything, is to put them outside in direct sunlight all day. Or for a number of days until you sense that the object or gemstones have been cleared of unwanted energies left over from whatever!

I'm sure there are many gems that would do much better in a bath of direct sunlight, or water, vs. touching sea salt! In the end we each must find what works best for us individually. I have some gems that don't like being put in water (Water) and others that prefer being placed outside on a towel on the bare ground (Earth) in the sunlight (Spiritual Fire) all day. Energies........what gems vibrate to which elements best?