PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy

CASA
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
HI can any one help me out this lady has a serious problem of epilepsy
a chart with dob 23 sep 1985 time 15:35 amritsar
in this chart i am really searching for reasons of epilepsy
she has epilepsy from the year her periods started and second attack wents on as she concived a baby
remember she has no head injury or accident as such
but till date as she wakes up in midnight or in stress her body starts to react as early signals of jerks

please if any one can help up
would really appereciate
if any one could prescribe a gemstone !

LionKing
06-08-2008, 04:00 AM
I'd advise your friend to see a nerologist. My brother's neighbor had those sort of symptoms. She didn't have epilepsy until she was nearly 30 years old. Sad to say, she passed away last month. She was only 43 years old.
V/r LionKing

Frisiangal
06-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi CASA,

I don't know if you are seeking an astrological and/or psychological answer for the lady's attacks.

Epilepsy is said to be a condition of a harshly aspected Mercury, particularly with aspects to the outer planets that show how one subconciously is or is not aware of conditions and surroundings in which they live.

I couldn't transfer her chart to this site but what is immediately noticeable is that your lady friend has an exact 8th house Sun-Mercury conjunction in Virgo that is exact square natal Neptune in Capricorn.
Epileptic 'fits'....the jerky movements...are said to be ruled by Uranus, and your friend's chart shows a square between Mars and Uranus.

Physical disorders can be seen through the 1st and 6th houses, planets ruling them and planets in them. Your friend has Aquarius rising with a retro. Jupiter in the 1st house. This would be suggestive of a tendency to irrationalise, as well as providing 'short circuits' from Uranus in times of undue stress. Cancer is on the 6th house cusp, with rulership by the moon.
She has a 12th house Moon (feminine cycle) in the 12th house that, using solar arc progressions, around puberty would have conjoined natal Jupiter.
Probably other aspects too but this one stuck out considering the nature of her problem.

The natal chart aspects could be suggestive of someone who is not 'physically grounded' and may have difficulty coping with the situations of everyday physical life that a Sun in Virgo is here to experience. So, 'passing out of consciousness' in fainting spells (Neptune), whereby rational conscious thought (Mercury) is eliminated, might be a subconscious way of dealing with what one can't consciously deal with.

Professional help, physical and psychological, would surely be advantageous to her.

Frisiangal

lillyjgc
06-08-2008, 09:24 AM
CASA,
I have about twenty event charts for a friend of mine who has cyclic monoclonic nocturnal seizures.I have his birth chart but as yet have not been able to pinpoint the aspects that relate to his seizures.
I will look into your friend's chart though and see if anything suggests involvement.
As Epilepsy is a systemic illness I think aspects to H6 cusp and ascendant might play a role, and also planets mars and uranus.
My friend's seizures were every 42 days.I havent been able to find any repeating pattern in the sky that happens every 42 days.
Recently I became aware that he has found a medication, Keppra, that controls/prevents his seizures and they have not occurred for 10 months now.
His seizures began when he turned 50 (chiron return?) and ceased under medication when he was 55.
I havent had time recently to follow up on his chart, but now you have posted this, you have reminded me.
I'll get back to you.
Cheers, Lillyjgc

littlefury
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I have epilepsy and have Mercury in Aquarius H6 square Uranus in Scorpio H3. The type I have is Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy which is a type that generally begins around puberty and is caused by a faulty chromosome somewhere down the line.

My epilepsy is a bit strange in that it seems to follow a pattern for a little while and then start doing something completely different for no apparent reason. Some people have them regular as clockwork but mine are completely random. Everyone has there own "triggers". Mine are PMT (fluctuations in hormone levels, oestrogen is a natural convulsant and progesterone is a natural anti convulsant), low blood sugar level, heat, tiredness, over exertion and lack of sleep. So far I've managed to get rid of the PMT by taking depo provera, I try to eat as regularly as possible, have a fan on 24/7 during any hot weather, keep as regular hours as possible, try to avoid pushing myself too far physically and going to bed at a reasonable hour. Even sticking to those rules every now and again one of those suckers will still break through and the fact that I'm prone to insomnia doesn't help either. It's being relatively well behaved at the moment, I've not had a full on seizure for 21 months although I doubt it'll last. As soon as I start thinking I've got it beat it'll pull one on me as if it's reminding me who pulls the strings.

The medication is annoying, I did have a really bad experience with Topamax but then had I checked my transits I might have thought it best not to start taking a new medication on the day that transiting Saturn in H12 was in direct opposition to my Mars return in H6... Yep, ended up in hospital not long after. After eventually getting off of that stuff I started taking Keppra although I picked a far more auspicious day astrologically and haven't had a single problem with it. Who says astrology doesn't work.

astro6
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi littlefury.

My sister is in a similar situation as you I believe. She too has JME. Her attacks are random as well and has similar triggers as yours. Insomnia is an issue but she's been trying to beat it too. So far, her pattern suggests that attacks happen after sometimes 2.5 or 3.5 yrs (depending on stress). Mostly because of exertion or work pressure. Hormones are also partly responsible as attacks mostly happen around her cycles.
Though clinically her EEG/MRI reports are clear.

I am seeking answers for it in astrology hoping to help her. Her Mercury is in H6 too and Neptune in H9, Moon in H3. Can anyone help here. Her DOB is 15.10.87. Time-20:35, Delhi.

PS.-Also if you see any other health related issues in the chart plz mention them as well.

poyi
01-25-2013, 06:44 AM
I am using western tropical placidus chart. For 23 sep 1985 time 15:35 amritsar

Planet for a native general's health would be Sun, Moon and ascendant. Houses to look at are 1st, 6th, 12th, 3rd and 9th; natural rulers of those houses and ruler by signs of those houses should be looked at.

Ruler of Sun is Venus. She is in fall with a wide orb square with Saturn in Scorpio->Mars in Virgo->Mercury extremely combusted (Mercury is the natural ruler of the 3rd house the lower mind) by 0 30 orbs conjunction->Venus has no dignity by sign but in an angular house and her own 7th house->Venus is in fall, square Saturn by 7S orbs and conjuncts Mars by 7A orbs.

OR

Saturn in Scorpio->Pluto in Scorpio->Pluto square ascendant 0S orb

Moon in Capricorn again is in detriment. She is living in 12th and rules 6th. 12th is imprisonment, hospital, hidden matters, secret enemies etc. 6th is health, work, everyday activities etc.

Ascendant in Aquarius, Uranus (modern) and Saturn (traditional) are both in 10th house, again significant as carrying actions.

In modern, Uranus square Chiron by 0A. Chiron in modern astrology is wound and healer Uranus is the modern ruler of Aquarius->ascendant and Jupiter Rx conjunction with ascendant.

Saturn square Part of Fortune by 4A. I am not sure how to interpret this however, POF is the point of Sun, Moon and Ascendant combined.

Uranus shares mutual reception by sign with Jupiter Rx; Jupiter is the natural ruler of the higher mind 9th.

So what is 3rd house up to?

3rd house is Aries in Placidus, Mars is in Virgo->Mercury is combusted->Venus is in fall

What is inside 3rd house?

Is North node, and is with modern Lillth.

What is 9th house up to?

Pluto is in 9th Scorpio his own rulership in modern. He squares the ascendant by 0S orb.

What else?

Jupiter Rx in Aquarius (planet in the 1st conjuncts asc) inconjunct Mars in Virgo (3rd house ruler)

poyi
01-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Mercury rules nerves system, speech, arms and hands. 3rd house and Gemini and Virgo.

Uranus rules nerves system, tension, electrical impulses, discharge of rhythm. 11th house and Aquarius.

Epilepsy is a disorder of seizures due to "abnormal, excessive or hypersynchoronous neuronal activity in the brain."

Abnormal?-> Uranus
Excessive?-> Jupiter
Hyper?-> Mercury
Brain?-> Mercury, Jupiter and Mars (head)

Pathophysiology of Epilepsy is related to genetic mutations.

Mutation is related to Uranus and Pluto in modern term.

In simpler terms, is disturbed hyper-excitable ions channels and receptions.

"The brain and nerves are made up of many nerve cells that communicate with each other through electrical signals. These signals must be carefully regulated for the brain and nerves to function properly. When abnormally rapid and repetitive electrical signals are released in the brain, the brain becomes over-stimulated and normal function is disturbed. This results in fits or seizures."

"Sodium valproate prevents epileptic fits by preventing the excessive electrical activity in the brain. It is thought to achieve this by increasing the activity of a neurotransmitter called GABA in the brain."Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/epilim.html#ixzz2IyQiVdZj

I highly recommend you all to see medical qualified doctor. Sodium Valproate "Epilim" is very common form of medication for epilepsy. You can see how this medication from the link above. Dosage is based on how well the symptoms are managed and based on blood test rather it reaches therapeutic level.

Seizure is like being shocked by electricity, this electricity currents are created by the internal disturbance.

About Eiplepsy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epilepsy

Note: Thank you all for the birh data for me to study medical astrology.

poyi
01-25-2013, 08:10 AM
HI can any one help me out this lady has a serious problem of epilepsy
a chart with dob 23 sep 1985 time 15:35 amritsar
in this chart i am really searching for reasons of epilepsy
she has epilepsy from the year her periods started and second attack wents on as she concived a baby
remember she has no head injury or accident as such
but till date as she wakes up in midnight or in stress her body starts to react as early signals of jerks

Something very positive for your friend. Her Sun Mercury conjunction is also parallel in western parallel Sun and Mercury:

"You place great importance on the mental faculty but you may yourself be quite nervous and temperamental. Fixing the worlds' problems starts with fixing your own physical and psychological instability. Once this is completed you are able to offer others a clarity of vision that is quite helpful in sorting out the details of normal cause and effect in your life and in the lives of others."