PDA

View Full Version : Cazimi - when?

Cat
08-26-2015, 10:24 AM
how determine exact timing, from-till, when Jupiter will be cazimi?
i searched the net but till now found nothing.
does the location matter? (Graz, Austria)

thanks in advance
God bless
*k

Cat
08-26-2015, 10:41 AM
:biggrin: some1 said ask and it should be given .. found now

much love to you all :love:

urano
08-26-2015, 10:49 AM
Recently I posted the link below concerning Cazimi:
http://theastrologydictionary.com/c/cazimi/

There appears to have been some disagreement amongst some early Medieval sources about how close a planet must get to the Sun before it is considered to be “in the heart” or cazimi:

According to Rhetorius and Sahl a planet is considered to be “in the heart” as soon as it comes within one degree of a conjunction with the Sun.
According to al-Qabisi and Bonatti a planet is considered to be “in the heart” as soon as it comes within 16 minutes of a conjunction with the Sun.

I am inclined to favour Sahl, but naturally it's okay with al-Qabisi or Bonatti

Lin
08-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Urano,
I've never thought of "cazimi" a dynamic I look for by transit....only natally.

Of course, thinking about it I would be curious about a planet which would go retrograde within the 18 minutes of the Sun's position.....or the opposite....go DIRECT at that solar position within the cazimi perameter.

Do you look for this in transits?
LIN

tsmall
08-26-2015, 08:41 PM
how determine exact timing, from-till, when Jupiter will be cazimi?
i searched the net but till now found nothing.
does the location matter? (Graz, Austria)

thanks in advance
God bless
*k

Did you check an ephemeris?

urano fwiw I tend to agree with Sahl that cazimi is within one degree, and I've had a couple of horary charts where this bore out.

Lin, I'm certain it's impossible for a planet to station while cazimi since retrogradation is an optical illusion based on the planet's position in relation to the Sun. The only two planets who can be retrograde durning a solar conjunction are Mercury and Venus and it is part of their synodic cycle. When either of them have reached their maximum eastern elongation from the sun (that is when they are rising ahead of the Sun or are seen in the morning) they station retrograde. They are retrograde at the inferior conjunction (the one Venus just experienced about 11 days ago) and once they escape the beams as evening stars they continue retrograde until they reach their maximum western elongation at which point they station direct.

basa ande
08-28-2015, 05:10 PM
since we just experienced cazimi Jupiter in Virgo this Wednesday,
is this week an example of how it works?
Last Friday the stock market tanked
(Jupiter -great beneific - is in it's detriment) - and burning "under the sun's beams" -
until Wednesday, when suddenly the market got hoisted up
by reassurances and steps taken to correct ("the jitters") -it's illness -
on cazimi . . . which occurred Wed about mid-day or after noon . .
Maybe it was lucky that the solar conjunction occurred while mercury- (Jupiter's present ruler) - was still in the last degrees of Virgo - a very good thing
....Now the sun is moving away... and the panic gone with it . .

Cat
08-29-2015, 06:34 AM
i thank all of you

was looking by transit. wanted to make an experiment.. the conjunction was 3 deg away from my north node 9th temple. :smile: but node is nataly squared by uranus, 3rd temple ruler, which rules my natal sun too, in the 3rd with burned mercury.. so my planes did not go as i wanted them too.. instead i got ,at begin of cazimi time, a message :smile: from a for me very special person that i waited and hoped, wished and longed for.
God is a humorist :tongue:

the conjunction was also 6 deg away from my natal jupiter on mc, which rules my 2nd and 4th.. which is also the temple of my 1st born.. the story could go.. the longer i look at my chart the more i see.

thank you dear souls :love: