PDA

View Full Version : Mars-Saturn-PoF

Julian
06-11-2015, 12:56 PM
Sounds terrible. And it's in my natal chart.

Saturn in a natal chart is a testimony of everything bad ever according to Lilly.

Any comments? The houses implied are the 10th, the 4th and the 7th. Taurus, Scorpio and Aquarius.

[Note: edited post due to keep comments focused on traditional astrology issues - Moderator]

urano
06-11-2015, 01:45 PM
William Lilly was a great man :D
By the way I have planned ahead to learn his 43 aphorisms by heart (for better judging in horary questions).
But when ? :whistling:

cspencer
06-11-2015, 04:18 PM
Sounds terrible. And it's in my natal chart.

Quoting Kannon, if you feel it, and it's terrible then it is.

Fortuna is a Chart Point. It's empty space. Chart Points don't give off light or reflect light or cast rays, but they do receive light and rays.

There are more than 40,000,000,000,000,000 possible chart combinations, meaning every chart is unique as your fingerprints.

Since there's no possible way to list every chart combination, ancient texts typically pose the extremes good or bad, and it's up to you to judge the actual state.

Is Saturn fast or slow? Direct or retrograde? Occidental or Oriental? Diurnal or nocturnal? Increasing in light or decreasing in light? In whose terms?

Who's looking at Saturn? Obviously Mars, but who else?

If Saturn is peregrine, then what of Saturn's dispositor?

And naturally the signs are important, since there are 12 possible Mars opposition Saturn combinations. Signs are masculine/feminine. Oppositions are same/same as far as gender.

Masculine is what you do, feminine is what happens to you. And then there's the issue of commanding/obeying signs.

Someone once told me that masculine is like the Nominative and Accusative cases, while feminine is like the Dative and Genitive cases in language. Once I understood that, interpreting aspects became a lot easier.

Slenkar
06-11-2015, 05:03 PM
Tsquares can be positive and cause achievements, when mars and saturn are involved it could mean learning a skill that involves manual dexterity or simply weightlifting. Action involving discipline.

not sure if PoF is considered part of a TSquare though. probably not

JUPITERASC
06-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Tsquares can be positive and cause achievements, when mars and saturn are involved it could mean learning a skill that involves manual dexterity or simply weightlifting. Action involving discipline.

not sure if PoF is considered part of a TSquare though. probably not

Guidance rules for the Traditional forum on which the OP posted this thread
clearly state:

"....Specifically Traditional Astrology relies on Ptolemaic aspects
(sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)... "

i.e.
"T-squares" form no part of Traditional Astrology :smile:

Julian
06-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Guidance rules for the Traditional forum on which the OP posted this thread
clearly state:

"....Specifically Traditional Astrology relies on Ptolemaic aspects
(sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction)... "

i.e.
"T-squares" form no part of Traditional Astrology :smile:

Oh okay, but I have Saturn square PoF anyways.

Also somebody said that I have to further look more things to know how the square plays out. For example (and just for the sake of following strict traditional astrology rules) my Saturn is peregrine but strong by house position. Its ruler is Venus in its own sign, Taurus, also strong by house.

Mars is in its own sign, Scorpio.

JUPITERASC
06-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Oh okay, but I have Saturn square PoF anyways.

Also somebody said that I have to further look more things to know how the square plays out. For example (and just for the sake of following strict traditional astrology rules) my Saturn is peregrine but strong by house position. Its ruler is Venus in its own sign, Taurus, also strong by house.

Mars is in its own sign, Scorpio.

You have this good advice already :smile:
Quoting Kannon, if you feel it, and it's terrible then it is.

Fortuna is a Chart Point. It's empty space. Chart Points don't give off light or reflect light or cast rays, but they do receive light and rays.

There are more than 40,000,000,000,000,000 possible chart combinations, meaning every chart is unique as your fingerprints.

Since there's no possible way to list every chart combination, ancient texts typically pose the extremes good or bad, and it's up to you to judge the actual state.

Is Saturn fast or slow? Direct or retrograde? Occidental or Oriental? Diurnal or nocturnal? Increasing in light or decreasing in light? In whose terms?

Who's looking at Saturn? Obviously Mars, but who else?

If Saturn is peregrine, then what of Saturn's dispositor?

And naturally the signs are important, since there are 12 possible Mars opposition Saturn combinations. Signs are masculine/feminine. Oppositions are same/same as far as gender.

Masculine is what you do, feminine is what happens to you. And then there's the issue of commanding/obeying signs.

Someone once told me that masculine is like the Nominative and Accusative cases, while feminine is like the Dative and Genitive cases in language. Once I understood that, interpreting aspects became a lot easier.