Malefics early, Benefics late.

Hex Astrology

Don't know if this type of topic was already discussed.

I've notice that a malefic planet has early influences when it transits toward a sign/house, before entering it. While a benefic planet has late influences, even if it enter the sign/house already.

For example, Saturn in Leo in 2007. When Saturn was in Leo 20-30 degree, it already gave some influences towards the next sign, Virgo. Around that time , there were many people who lost thier jobs. ( Virgo = job, Saturn = Block, obstruction, loss ). Now Mars for example, it enters again Cancer. But before retrogradation, when Mars was still in the end of Gemeni, it already gave influences towards Cancer. I meet lots of Cancers those days who started to get very dynamic, full of energy, loving to compete, and expecialy deciding to do a particular sport ( When Mars retrograded and returned to Gemeni, they gave up sport and exercises ).

On the other hand, Benefics act late even if they are already in a particular sign. When Venus entered my sign, it should bring some fortune and relaxation. I was all busy and stuff, untill Venus had made already 5-10 degrees in that particular sign, then I gone to vacation. Jupiter is the same, a friend of mine who is Capricorn didn't have any benefic influences from Jupiter, all trouble and stress. Untill Jupiter was already at 9-10 Capricorn it started to show its goodness.

My examples are minor and particulary of what I witness, not something that I read particulary.

My opinion is that both benefics and malefics influence equaly when they enter a sign. But benefics are really subtle and require time so we can be aware of them. Malefics in the other hand are like officers and soldiers. ( When we know the boss is coming, we act and prepare ourselfs before he enters the office :p )

Any thoughts ?

starlink

Hex, that is indeed something to start looking out for, an interesting observation. As I have not been too attentive about this, I will now. Jupiter and Pluto, especially Pluto are at the very beginning of my 2nd house, so I will see how they will work out. Might take a while for Jupiter then to show the benefits (I hope!) but I know that both are trining, or on their way of trining my Venus and Mars in Aries in my 5th house. Looks quite promising but you never know with Pluto really. Thanks for this special note. Starlink

cjc

This sounds very much in line with one of the precepts of Cosmobiology: why they only deal with the hard aspects. According to Ebertin, hard aspects deal with actions; soft aspects deal with environment. You walk out the door on a decent day and don't think anything of it, but if it's pouring, you notice it even before you open the door. We too often tend to just flow with good transits, but there's something about (say) losing your job that makes you react immediately. That's why I often counsel people to recognize good (say a trine by an outer) and work as hard as they can to profit from it. Just as hard as they would work to counter the results of a square from an outer.