The Witching Hour

smilingsteph

I was watching this show on TV. I forgot the name, but there are these college students who take on a family plagued by spririts in attempt to rid them of the evil energy. I saw that at 3am they would call on the spirit world and try to get them to communicate....
Now the wierd thing is that I have trouble sleeping and seem to wake up at three am a lot!
The other night, or shall I say early morning I work up at again three am and I heard hard pounding footsteps going up my staircase. I was so scared. I heard every step until whatever it was made it to the top then it stopped. I have had other things happen, lightbulbs going out after only a week, lights on and off, mostly electrical type things.
Has anyone had experiences like this?
Then there is that song by Matchbox twenty "its three am and I must be lonely" is there something to that?
I have seen however that the witching hour technically begins at midnight and lasts till three am, but this show states that three am is when the spririts are at their maximum power.

PYXIS

12-3am seems to be when the spirit animals roam..a beautiful spirit deer jumped over my convertible one summer night as i drove home down an old country road when i lived in the NW desert.
Huge and brilliant, it disappeared into the trees..this was about 2am..full moon

smilingsteph

Intersting, not only to think that human spirits are roaming about, so are animal spirits! I forget about the animal world.
I wonder though why this time is so significant? What is so important about this time?

Carole

smilingsteph:

I was awaken once at 1:30 a.m. by a hard pounding on the wall behind the headboard of my bed. It was as if someone had struck 4 times really hard against the outside of my bedroom's wall with an open hand.

I used to be called in the middle of the night by a voice that only said my name. I wake up very easily, so when I woke up, I saw the time and it was always 1:30 a.m. for some reason. This lasted for about one month and then stopped.

I have noticed that spiritual activity starts a little after midnight. Sometimes it's only the phone ringing once; some others, things are not so peaceful. I am not fearful as I have experienced these phenomena since very young, but it can be quite disturbing the first time. Now, once a month, I clean my house with sage and frankincense to keep things as quiet as possible. I use a lot of incense in my work, so this has helped to keep the spirits in check.:rolleyes:

Carole

Last edited:

PYXIS

why is this time so significant?....very good question....
perhaps it is the 'dead' of night..the time of softness, dreams, and stillness
that attracts the spirit world...there is a magic in the aire..the night energies..who knows...
just a thought

i know i love this time...it is a great time to drive, hike, just be awake.

Carole

I guess it's because everything is silent and quiet. If they want to communicate with us, then this is when they have better chances of being successful as we "listen" much more and better when we are not talking and there are no noises around us.

Besides, it's when we are sleeping. It's said that we often leave our physical bodies when we are sleeping, so who knows? May be what we sometimes remember as dreams when we wake up have been actual encounters with beings from the astral and other planes. Could it be?

Carole

Lapis

Yeah, the 3:00AM business! This is another large and complex subject that covers a lot of ground, both positive and negative.

I'm not a religious person and never have been, so when I heard this information after I'd lived it for about 4 years, it answered a ton of questions for me. I was watching the movie Emily Rose and that's where I heard this info. It was from the sceen where the Priest is in court and explaining what the 3:00 AM business is about from a religious standpoint.

He said, and I hope I remember this correctly, that Jesus died at 3:00 PM and because of that the negative or demonic beings use 3:00 AM as some way to disrespect or distort that whole business. Like I said, I may have some of that off a bit so watch the movie.;)

Because I'd lived through some very hard psychic attacks from a demonic entity years before I'd ever seen the movie or heard about the 3 PM / 3 AM religious meanings, it all made perfect sense to me when I did see the movie! I was amazed actually at how accurate it was compared to what all I'd lived through prior. So, point is it seems, that this 3:00AM business often starts up seriously at that time of night if one is encountering some focused negativity, demonic or otherwise.

Now on the other hand....in polarity there's always that other hand ;) ....we have something totally different going on with the 3AM business. It's become so prevalent over the past 10 years due to the ongoing "Ascension" process, that it's now called "The 3:00 AM Club"! In this case it's about all the inner ascension work we're also doing while asleep and how we often need to reenter our physical bodies around 3AM because it's just too intense. This also happens around 5AM for the same reasons.

This has become as common as seeing different numbers and number combos like 11:11 or 12:12, 5:55 or 3:33 etc. There's more to this of course and some of it has to do with the work being done on/with our Lightbodies (and central nervous systems) while asleep and OOB. There's a lot we're living through now because of the ongoing ascension/evolution and this 3:00AM business is just one of many many common symptoms of it.

smilingsteph

Lapis
That was very interesting!!! How can I learn more about this subject? I look on the web and I cannot find a darn thing. I am very interested about this phenomenon...
Not to mention it seems we have all experienced some spiritual energy including the other threads.

Carole-
This energy really scares me sometimes and then others it dosent...how do I know if it is good or bad? Listen to my gut I guess? What insence do you use? I am going to buy some this weekend on a trip out of town. I know this place that makes great supplies.

Pyxis-
I agree, it can be so peaceful. When in school, I would wake up at this time and finish term papers, it was as though my mind was more active and clear! Really the clarity of my thoughts was so impressive that when I read a paper that I wrote the other day I was so shocked that I wrote that, and when I put this thread up I then realized that this time is very important to all of us!

Neptune Rising-
Somehow I find that you dont have troubles being creative ;) But like I said earlier I found my most creative times during the hours of 12-3AM

The wierd thing is that I would then fall back to sleep after 3am and actually sleep better than ever! Like the spirit world fell back to sleep and then I was able to sleep in a place where all was silent. That is why getting up at 5am to work or get to school killed me!

Ekim86

That song (3 A.M) by Matchbox Twenty was wrote for the lead singers mom who had cancer. Not much to do with the unholy hour.:p

-As Above, So Below

Carole

smilingsteph:

My approach to these things is the most simplistic. Depending on the positiveness or negativeness of the energies around you, you might experience different emotions. The darker the energy, the stronger and more negative the emotion you feel.

How to get rid of these negative energies? Cleansing and protection. There are many ways to clean a house and do some things to ward off this kind of energies. Once you have cleansed and protected the house and yourself, don't allow or tolerate anything in your home that can cause disruption and disharmony (anger, yelling, criticism, jealousy, etc.) as this may bring what you don't need. This may be difficult when you don't live alone, but it's not impossible. Negative emotions feed negative energy.

You can use incense. Sage, frankincense, mulberry, myrrh, lilac to protec and cleansing the house. Cranberry and/or bergamot to uplift spirits. You can also use the following mix: a few grains of frankincense, one tablespoon of brown sugar, 3 white sage leaves, crushed into snippets (or a small cone of sage incense) and half of a small cinnamon stick broken into very small pieces. Put a few pieces of burning red charcoal in a brasier or smudge pot. Sprinkle the mix over and first, smudge yourself and say some words asking for help to do the cleansing; then smudge the outside of the house starting from the East and moving to the right. Then you can smudge every room in your house, starting from the room at the East corner and always moving to the right, and so in every room.

Once your house is cleansed, you might want to burn incense with some regularity. You can use patchouli, violet, jasmine, rose, or the one of your preference. It can be useful to look for information about the uses of every incense.

Of course, there are some negative energies that are too strong and won't go with just smudging, but there are more powerful rituals that can be performed by experienced people (those who have experience with spiritual attacks).

This cleansing and protection ritual helped a lot in my case and I hope it can help in yours too.:)

Carole