Jupiter and luck

4leafclovah

What are the indicators of a fleeting moment of luck vs. something positive that will be felt over a long period of time?

Last edited:

Natasha

I think of Jupiter transiting the 5th as good luck and could be triggered when it makes aspect to a personal planet whilst in the 5th

Long term positive outcome often comes after a Saturn transit if we 'do the hard work' during the transit Saturn will bring the rewards.

starlink

Hello 4-clover! Fleeting are fast transits (like Moon, Sun,Mercury, Venus and Mars, longlasting are heavy transits (like Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto.)
I think that progressed places of Venus and Jupiter could positively influence any part of life but only when they make good aspects, otherwise you will get overexpenditure, excesses of all sorts.
Should Venus be in your 5th but receives difficult aspects, then a positive transit (aspect) of Jupiter or Venus to your natal, could maybe make things temporarily a bit easier. The Jupiter one will last longer, especially if Jupiter goes retro in that same period.

Is Venus well aspected in your 5th, then a positive transit or aspect from a benefic planet will make things even better. A less fortunate planet could make the nice position of Venus temporarily less fortunate and to a difficult natal Venus, even more so.

Cheers, Starlink

tikana

Starlink

Jupiterian transits may not be all that great esp when they are aspecting already disfunctional/negatively aspected planets.
lets say pluto is opposing moon and jupiter comes in with any aspect to the moon. I do not expect this to be a possitive aspect because jupiter might blow things out of its size and make things even worse.

T

memento mori

i've been extremely lucky when jupiter was starting to conjunct with my descendant. it was sooo fortunate time in my life. circumstances were so lucky. i was in a lot of trouble cause of the slacking of and almost flunking in high school .. then, with zero work, it sorted itself out. almost unbelievable. the luckiest circumstances.

that was july 2005. after that .. lets just say i drained my luck .

now jupiter is about to pass my mc. i wonder what will that bring... any insight?

chinkey

For me,

jupiter worked, but only when i was thinking on a higher level. Whenever there were questions or something serious came up, the philosphical side of jupiter would always come and assist.

However, it wont work if the area or house it is in or aspecting is defeated by malefical or fallen planets. I have venus fallen in the 5th (virgo) and jupiter might as well be an empty toliet roll holder for the help it can do here!

So, look at the chart overall and see where jupiter can help or assist...its only a planet afterall...

..what might seem like luck could actaully be an aspect of yourself that is hidden and you need to focus on more....flunking in college and then passing, might be a case of you being a smarter cookie that what you give your self credit for....'must try harder?'

chinkey

Natasha

I have better outcomes with Saturn after he passes than Jupiter
Seem to sometimes make a hasty descision I regret with Jupiter
But I am fairly Saturian.
My Jupiter aspects my Ascendant tho I think its got something to do with that
Oh heres my chart
701479d9625bf8c5.jpg

starlink

Hi Tik, absolutely true. Jupiter either helps or just throws everything overboard and out of the window if you're not careful, especially in the 2nd house and in bad aspect to Venus or Mars, that sort of aspects. But otherwise it can be quite super when he makes a trine to the Moon or Venus (looovvve) and lots of good food, just a having a good time.
Star.

4leafclovah

What about T. Uranus conjunct Jupiter? Will that be long term? Is it even good?

starlink

4leaf, in this case it is a longterm thing. Uranus moves slowly, also due to retrogradation. You should see Jupiter here as the significator of one of your houses or/and ruler of one of your planets. Those things will undergo change which can take a long time. Sometimes it can be several moves within one year or several sudden happenings, all of course also depending on other transits and aspects in the chart. You always have to look at the whole picture.
STarlink

Ebenia

With Jupiter you will always have to remember, that Jupiter is also sign of overconfidence and overeating. So it is very possible to get a little weight on while having a huge Jupiter aspects going on...

It also has been noted, that students that have Jupiter conj. Mercury transits or other aspects like that going on, are overconfident in exams and do not do so well, cause they have been too lazy to really study and their overconfidence has told them to just lay still and because of this, exams go badly...

Kingsley

Sometimes Jupiter represents jaundice and annurism and swelling

Interesting question though 4leafclover. I agree that for some achieving long term working goals or perhaps some intense moments in therapy which change a persons thinking-feeeling etc are much better value than a passing lotto win.

Got to look under jupiter and evaluate the planets involved. Solar arc sun trine my natal jupiter near killed me. Jupiter rules 8th in my case and Prog sun was on Algol. Lucky me.

k

k

Nexus7

I have found that Jupiter transits, especially conjunctions, to Sun or Moon can bring little breaks, though so far, no actual jackpots. (Astrocartography suggests you should play the lottery at a place in the world where your Jupiter-Pluto lines cross, in case that question is in anyone's mind. I have no wish to claim its possible infallibility, though. The root meaning of the word word 'Pluto' is 'wealth.' Actually, my Jupiter-Pluto lines cross at San Fran Cisco. Well, I did met Jupiter-Pluto there virtually, over the internet. It is the sense that there are many extreme believers there that made the biggest impression on me, each planet magnifying the excesses of the other to undue proportions. At least, that is how it came across to me.)

Transit Jupiter to Sun: found a flat, when I needed a new place to live urgently. That happened once. Jupiter to Moon: I got a cut-price trip to Venice at the last minute. The travel agents spluttered a little bit to begin wth when I asked them if they had any cheap flights for me that day, but they did deliver. Transit sextils and trines do seem to give a sense of 'flow' and well-being and it does seemto be easier for opportunities to happen here.

A welcome break also became manifest on my most recent Jupiter return, though this by no means was not the case on the previous two occasions. This had been in he pipeline for som months before, but when this transit was more or less exact, a limited edition of some Tarot cards did come out, along with some royalties.

So I do think it it worth paying attention to Jupiter transits, though Uranus is also a planet I could associate with breaks. For me, Saturn very firmly squares my Midheaven, so it is good to remember that it does not always have to be about what can and often does manifest with the former in terms of rejection and more rejection of various ouvres.

4leafclovah

OMG, after the past year and a half I need some luck.I dont care what form of luck it is just as long as I can be reasonably content for awhile. I feel that I have TOTALLY paid off my karmic debts(well, at least I think so:D )
Watch, I'll probably get an envelope stuffed with faux cash telling me how much Jesus loves me.:mad:

Kingsley

is Jupiter in rulership in your natal Clovah? What is the condition of Jupiter? Mine is in virgo, retrograde and angular (4th) so there is not much that Jupiter delivers except that is, when not so good things happen to me, Jupiter's benevolence allows a "lucky" outcome in something that could have been much worse. Thats the luck that my debelitated Jupiter tends to bring.

k

4leafclovah

Kingsley, my Jupiter is in Pisces/8th house, so that should be good for me. Tax refunds are pretty much inevitable:rolleyes: I have managed to dodge some dangerous situations,so that could also be where my luck comes in. I am also thinking a shift in perspective-a transformation-could also bring luck. I don't think an inheritance is in the cards though.

deanna

I am a Sag rising with exalted Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th house-
--but fall Aries in Saturn in the 4th house.

Good Luck/Bad Luck?

The only luck I have comes from a positive attitude. That is the energy that determines luck I believe.

I feel lucky everyday that I get out of bed knowing it won't take me an hour to get dressed because I am not in a wheelchair.

I get excited about good things happening even though they have not happened yet.

The possibilities are endless and that’s why we have to stick around for the show folks - anything is possible.

--De

Nexus7

My Jupiter's in the 12th in Scorpio, the 'get out of jail free position' according to Sasportas. It is supposed to be in a moderately high Gauquelin zone too - in which case, I do not know where it keeps vanishing. Not sure I am politician material though, kissing babies and telling people what they want to hear and all that. Yuck!

It opposes Mars, though with quite a wide orb and did get a somewhat dispiritng reading from someone when first getting interested in charts: he told me I had ideas, but that they would often be stifled by the great They, linking it to deep, dark family traumas involving lack of validatation, etc, etc.
Maybe the 12th House is not quitethe best kind of Jupiter to have for PR, especially with Saturn square the Midheaven. Maybe 12th House Jupiters and Suns work so well for heads of state because then, such people have that great sense of working for something so much greater than themselves, as they keep on kissing babies and grandly declaring l'état, c'est moi.' Jupiter sextiles the MC for me, but widely.

I have heard that state of mind does influence luck, networking a lot, communicating a lot, are all supposed to allow Jupiter's influence to be felt a little more. Maybe Jupiter does not get as much attention as it should, compared to Saturn.

Afuasama

Re: Jupiter and luck - Luck in when preparation meets opportunity

I have Jupiter on the asc in leo, its also my ruler being a sag, sun in 5th house.(16.12.66 18:47 gmt london) - Its interesting what you're all saying here.

I think Jupiter can be seen as lucky, however as someone once told me 100 years ago, luck is when preparation meets opportunity...and that has certainly been my experience.

Now, having had Jupiter on my sun last year, and previously, I would say yes had some lucky things happen in terms of money ( funding for projects and had a baby in September 06, very lucky as was unlucky first time round). However, Jupiter expands everything including all the stressful aspects of your chart and your life...its seemed to exaggerate all the small problems too in my experience.

Love Jupiter though and it was better in Sagittarius! now going into Capricorn with Pluto I was thinking today oh no its it all going to be so serious in the world! We do have a lot to be serious about on this planet of course, its in a mess as you all know, however, Capricorn countries ( I live in one the UK) I wonder how they will do? does anyone have a good grasp of country transits???

On another note: Jupiter in Capricorn is on my venus, ( 6th house) well was in January (venus in cap 3) but haven't noticed a single thing actually!!!, having split up with my double gemini partner last year ( his moon being hit by Pluto opposition most of the time) ....I think mars being retrograde and now mercury retrograde they somehow take over the full benefit of Jupiter who is trying to find a way probably, to deal with the 'not every day is a party day', Capricorn!!!

Anybody early Capricorn notice a difference with Jupiter transiting their sun, moon or venus?

Afuasama