PDA

View Full Version : Debilitated Mutual Reception

flea
01-07-2008, 03:12 AM
I have this intriguing situation, for me anyway, of jupiter in gem and merc in sag being in their detriment yet also in mutual reception. Jupiter is conjunct asc which I assume is quite a healthy place for it to be. Mercury is also conjunct south node that could be seen as a difficult placement yet south node is dignified here. The North node is in the 12th. Mercury in the 6th is also in quite a healthy place as far as houses go.

So I imageine that what is naturally seen as a difficult position for these two planets is somehow mitigated and may even bring new knowledge etc. Wondering what this may be. Both planets are also involved in quintiles, jup with neptune and venus, and mercury with uranus.

If you stand astrology on its head what would be the positive view if you had to have one of the debilitated planet??

This seems related as well, a visit to a well regarded palmist who noted my mind was developing new stuff....at the age of 42 I am still puzzeled??

Your views on my little conundrum would be most appreciated.

Love Light Peace
Flea

astro.teacher
01-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Two planets that are in their detriment but also in Reception cancel out the negative-positive influence of both positions (since both are ranked at a number 5/-5). Therefore the Planets essential placement is neutral. This only happens with Reception by HOUSE. You next need to calculate the accidental dignity of these Planets. Mercury being conjunct with the South Node is never a good position for it to be in.

flea
01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Thankyou Astro,

By saying this only happens with reception by by HOUSE and rpesumably not sign mean that the neutrality is not the case with my chart?

And what is accidental dignity?

I am also interested in the southnode conjunct. I have never had any real problems with intellectual capability or maybe I have been overcoming it with my endless education, so this must be in some other area.

Love Light Peace
Flea

flea
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I have been musing the mercury conj south node......never a good thing. I have been scratching my head to find out how it is a bad thing. Then I thought about the monkey mind... you know the one that is always chattering and never stops, cant make its mind so many ideas etc etc.

Then it finally clicked how it relates to my chart the story. It starts with Neptune and how this planet aspects planet except mercury and the nodes. I have a 12th house north node, which has a neptunian quality. Mercury does not help me get to my north node, positively detracts from that direction, and so I have come to the conclusion that a regular exercise of meditation, a deeper more focusing practice of stilling the mind, will let me arrive at a point where my thinking becomes spiritualised. The 6th house position calls to everyday issues, physical things. NN is in gemini so it holds a new way of thinking for me. Funny that palm reader told me my mind was in the process of developing at the momment, so maybe he is right. Also thinking that venus is in someway connected in this meditation matter as it is sextile merc and trine NN. An artistic beautiful meditive technique is what I am looking for.

LoveLightPeace
Flea

flea
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM
I absolutley devour books, surf the internet always finding new things...
I teach at uni, and always looking for interesting courses. So yes it is part of my everyday and a great love of mine.

Yet i also have so much nervous energy that frazzels me at times and overthink scenarios, going over and over things. This has led me to a renewed focus on meditation as a way of balancing this focus in my chart. And much mutable energy yes I am not much fixed in my ways and have trouble sticking to routines.

Yes there is a T-square from pluto/uranus opp chiron and square sun. Sun square pluto is one of my closest aspects, lucky me!!!

My high state of nervous energy is the negative side of all this thinking...LOL

Thankyou SR

Love Light Peace
Flea

flea
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I think I am subject to it more so at them moment because of mars conj my mercury ruled ascendent. Flaring up skin as well, lots of heat and nervous energy. Yoga is helping me meditate as does my art. Chamomile tea ice cubes are my favourite for cooling hot hot skin. Lots of nerve endings I suppose all on the surface. HMMMM, skin and nervous energy, connections I will ahve to think about. have been light bulbing about stopping thinking and just chilling into the 12th is my antidote... will experiment.

LLP
Flea

4leafclovah
01-25-2008, 05:58 PM
"Mercury is also conjunct south node that could be seen as a difficult placement yet south node is dignified here. The North node is in the 12th. Mercury in the 6th is also in quite a healthy place as far as houses go."

I never knew the south node could be dignified-thought only the nn could be dignified. Can someone explain this to me?

flea
01-26-2008, 01:29 AM
its just that when the north node is dignified in gemini, the south node has no choice but to be in sagittarius.

Kingsley
01-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi Flea I have been going through some posts of yours. Just wanted to see if I knew you! Not paranoid just curious, its a small town here.

I think you will find with Mercury and Jupiter in opposite signs (mutual deception) that the reception is not that helpful. It is like Mercury knocking at Jupiter's front door and the thick sound proof, glass port hole in the door makes communication between the two difficult. Like two deaf and blind people trying to chat.

I have know a few people with this placement including Rob Hand (famous astrologer). There can be an insatiable thirst for disseminating information. I may have written this previously somewhere. (sorry if I am duplicating here)

There are many angles and levels of assessing this function in your chart and I like the way you write about some of them, good and not so good as that might be. Have you attempted any cleansing soul type of work with the Nodes and Mercury factors Flea? In astrology I guess you would call it Evolutionary astrology, could be soul work, psychotherapy (various forms), including past life therapy? I think you mentioned NLP and meditation etc. Don't know how you meditate with that amount of brain work going on.

I hope the discomfort of the skin irritation diminishes soon.

best

Kingsley

PS Oh, the positive benefit standing on its head thing is that you will become very knowledgable and and absorb information which can be taught or written about. Humans have a great capacity to find release-catharsis in the process of balancing any bias in personality. You will be a full bottle in specialst areas even though you may feel empty still. Best to find a way to write a book or manuscript or just continue studies; The Academic life perhaps.

I have this intriguing situation, for me anyway, of jupiter in gem and merc in sag being in their detriment yet also in mutual reception. Jupiter is conjunct asc which I assume is quite a healthy place for it to be. Mercury is also conjunct south node that could be seen as a difficult placement yet south node is dignified here. The North node is in the 12th. Mercury in the 6th is also in quite a healthy place as far as houses go.

So I imageine that what is naturally seen as a difficult position for these two planets is somehow mitigated and may even bring new knowledge etc. Wondering what this may be. Both planets are also involved in quintiles, jup with neptune and venus, and mercury with uranus.

If you stand astrology on its head what would be the positive view if you had to have one of the debilitated planet??

This seems related as well, a visit to a well regarded palmist who noted my mind was developing new stuff....at the age of 42 I am still puzzeled??

Your views on my little conundrum would be most appreciated.

Love Light Peace
Flea

flea
01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
Kingsley,

Small town and big at the same time! Most of my astrology stuff has been from books and the web of course. Thankyou for your comments, Robert Hand is not such bad company.

I have kinesiology for last five years which has been very good as far as clearing out goes. Also got into energy work. I haven't done anything specific on mercury and the nodes, it is a good idea.

As far as how do I meditate? I paint a lot which has a meditative process, I stop thinking and just be with the shapes the colours. And the best methods for me to meditate are visualisations and also concentrating on breathing. If I breath into my body I become my body not my head and regain some balance that way.

I know that venus is such a supportive ally in my active mind, beauty softens that harsher aspeects of it. And with both jup and merc retro I think that makes them harder to understand, points to maybe more depth psychology on self, which I got interested in after my pluto con sun, how surprising!!

Writing has been in my mind for a while, I got over a fear and unconfidence a few years ago. I read so much and think as much playing with ideas that there has to be something there I wonder. Also I do a little bit of teaching at uni.

I think that Heath's passing got to me because I understand the anxiety of such an active mind that doesn't stop in myself, made me sad.

Love and Light
Flea

flea
02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
I have noted something very interesting, that my Dad is a virgo rising with neptune on the asc and has mercury in pisces on the descendent. Another version of mutual debilitated reception!! Family trait I am thinking. Funny thing is he has a strong air grand trine too. So confirms the idea of too much conscious thinking not enough holistic thought.

Love Light Flea

flea
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
He only mentioned last week that he was born near four so dont have actual time but enough to make sense of things. I was born at a similar time in the day too. Funny I inherited a water grand trine from my mum and also her mum. I suppose the story of our parents shows up in all kinds of wonderful and weird ways.

I thought for ages I didn't have the timing, will try to find out my mum's, but who knows what luck I will have. At the moment I think she is a leo or gemini rising.

Love Light Flea

flea
02-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I would have never guessed virgo for my dad, but it really fits!! Will ask my mum some more questions.

My G trine is with the moon neptune and chiron (or saturn on a wide orb). Painting and arty stuff is definitely something that comes through us all. There is also a sensitivity, foods, chemicals, and oh yes empathy... broadcasting and receiving. My gran pretty much shut hers down, had small circle of contact, but also cap sun had influence. Mum has it big time, always talks to strangers and connects on very much a feeling level, difficultly with crowds and skin sensitivity at the drop of a hat, tingling redness etc etc. Also funny things with electricity, and also subtle energy experiences. Feel things where there is nothing physcially, heat or other stuff.

Dad has G air trine. But big fire sign family, all three fire signs and mum is air!!! fuels the fires. I have no children so who knows what they may be.

I like the notion of a water baby having an earth baby.... there is a sensitivity there, receptive quality I like. Mum sis and me have water or earth moons, balancing out the yin and yang a bit.

Love Light Flea

flea
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes painting and drawing since a kid, it is something I do, or cannot not do. Dont relate much to the art world though, quite intimidated by it.

Creativity I firmly believe is our birth right. School gives so many people negative messages about not being able to draw, play music etc etc... I love the idea of the space given to an individual and the trust and belief in them to find their own form of creativity through playing and making mistakes and finding out what works for them. I imagine kids do it naturally if left to their own devices, but encouragement must make a big difference too. It may be with plants, gardening etc, sculpture, cooking, herbs, paint, music, singing dance, so many so little time. I think we find it as kids quite often and then lose it. I didn't paint for ages, I didn't know if it was a job or a relationship. When painting came back it was like I found my life again. So I hope you have a lot of fun with your son discovering what makes his life soar!!!!

Off topic a bit....so, venus sextiles my mercury and trines my north node so art has a big place in making this funny reception work for me. It all ties in somewhere.

Love Light Flea

flea
02-07-2008, 05:04 AM
wow, I have sun square pluto too. I have gone through my renaissance when pluto crossed my sun as it sqaured natal pluto. It is a dark night of the soul, but then there is a rebirth. My art came back to me through that transit.

I have read some about the earth based cultures, australian aboriginal, american indian, north and south, the mongol culture. They worked but also seemed to spend as much time in creative pursuits, singing dancing art, like the jewelry, painting.... so much, everyone did it.

There must be a love of the creative with venus in 5th, what sign is on your cusp? but I wonder what it is?? I remember Billy Conolly say he didn't get religion but he got this from budhism....find out what you do and do it. Simple and profound, can be life changing I think.

Neptune is a biggy on my dad's ascendent as I said and it conntacts just about everything in my chart, even venus and jup by bQ and Q.

I agree so much with what you say about education, the world would be a more beautiful place if you allowed people to love doing what they do. I think it can be very oppressive in school. I applaude a broader cirriculum.

Love Light Flea