Adoption, The Adoptee & the Natal chart & Family

Adoption & Adoptees

• Have you considered adopting a child?

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Are you an adoptee?

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Has your reunion been a positive one?

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Has your reunion been a negative experience?

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

waterlilly

After watching Maury... (yes maury!) and, seeing adoptees reunited with their biological parents. I have a few questions that I hope you won't mind exploring?

1, are we able to see the adoption in the natal chart of the of the adoptee? and how?

2, If you were adopted and reunited with your birth parents, has turned out to be everything you wished for?

3, Have you been left disapointed by the reunion?

4, If you are the sibling of the adoptee how do you now feel about your own position within the family?

5, If you are an adoptee, have you bonded with your siblings?

what do like/ dislike about the situation.

Please be frank and honest

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Waterlilly, Although I'm very interested in this topic, I'm not sure how much I can help you.

I am *half adopted*- My mother married a man, not my father, after my birth.
I have mercury/cj neptune in my tenth house (mother)- I feel this describes the deceptions under which I was raised....My mother to this day wont tell me *for sure* who my father is! At the moment I have just found out I can apply for this information under the Adoption act...The name of my real father is likey to be on a document signed by the man my mother married when he purportedly adopted me. I believe Freedomlover has posted threads too on a similar topic.

My guess is that if you are looking at a chart from the adopted persons perspective, youd look at the tenth and fourth houses, expecting to see planets either there or conspicuously NOT there.

Now, in my case, house 4 is empty...It has pisces on the cusp, so I look to jupiter to rule my father...Hes on the cusp of the eighth, square to the mercury neptune which is in my house of *the mother*, so I can see that something is going on there.

If you are looking to see if a person would adopt a child I'd look at the seventh (other people) and go to the fifth from there- so I'd see adoption as primarily an 11 th house issue with 4th and tenth showing links to there.
No astrologer has ever identified specifically that I was partly adopted- but they have all identified the dishonesty of my mother and the absence of a father.
When it was finally revealed to my half siblings that I was their half sibling, my relationship with them seriously deteriorated...their choice- I guess it felt to them that they had been deceived too but projected this onto me rather than have to accept their mother was dishonest (they were still kids at the time)...In the last 2 years I have managed to salvage a relationship with my sister, who also has doubts as to who HER father was.

I always *knew* that the man I called *dad *was not my real father...The problem for me astrologically has been that the house that rules my father, the 4th has pisces there with the same degree as my mothers ascendant!.So as you can imagine,I've been very interested in all the discussions as to whether mother is ruled by 4th, or father....Maybe having my mothers asc there tells me my mother was my mother and also my father at some stage- maybe a clue to *adoptedness*...

In MY 11th I have saturn and venus,(not conjunct) but they only make positive aspects...However, both are in scorpio.This tells me there were secrets about saturnian matters in relation to organisations- which adoption agencies are.

Apparently for some time I may have been a state ward and in the next few months I will have that information.Then I'll be looking at my chart again, with a view to seeing where this is shown.The BEST thing about this is I will be able to confirm the accuracy of my birth time!
I will keep you posted and thanx for this interesting thread!
Cheers, Lillyjgc

waterlilly

Hi Lilly

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It must be quite a challenge sifting threw all the facts.

My guess is that if you are looking at a chart from the adopted persons perspective, youd look at the tenth and fourth houses, expecting to see planets either there or conspicuously NOT there.

Your right It's a person i know. Now what was interesting for me regarding her situation is, she was fully adopted into a wealthy family. The lady was a retired school teacher and gave her and her adopted brother an idealic childhood. around 28 she decided to look for and contact the mother that gave her up. When she met the family she intially was very pleased but, as she got to know them, the lack of money, morals and social skills really bumded her out.

In the end she pulled back, and moved to south africa because she was embarrased about them and they felt they tried to be something they were not.

Now, in my case, house 4 is empty...It has pisces on the cusp, so I look to jupiter to rule my father...Hes on the cusp of the eighth, square to the mercury neptune which is in my house of *the mother*, so I can see that something is going on there.

Similarly I have no planets in the 4th knew my father but, have no relationship with him.

I hope it all goes well for you in finding out more about your father

Waterlilly

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Waterlilly,
Interesting.....
I have another chart here of a woman who was raised in an orphanage and did not know her biological parents. In HEr chart, the ruler of her 1oth is Jupiter and her 4th is mercury...Neither of these planets makes aspect to each other or her ascendant....Her 11 th is ruled by saturn and saturn is conjunct neptune in her 8th...(She has had a tragic life actually) and is the focus of a t-square (you can imagine what happened to her in the orphanage...).
Another adopted person I know met up with his biological relatives, and he hated them on sight. He had been raised in a strict religious environment and his biological family were * a bunch of hippies* as he described them to me (!)- so the reunions arent always successful.
The lady I referred to above found out about her *real* parents and what she found out was devastating to her.Sometimes *better not to know*....
I havent yet found a foolproof way to ascertain adoption issues from a natal but I welcome any ideas from any of the well informed astrologers out there!
Still pondering this.
Lillyjgc

lamatrash

Interesting thread! I am a birth mother who gave birth to a little girl when I was 15. She was adopted by private adoption when I was still pregnant. I have never seen or met her. Here are our charts for you to see and compare:
Mine...
Natal 1.GIF
Hers...
Jenn Natal 1.GIF

Her Sun is in my rising sign and her Moon is in my Sun sign...She has no Planets in her 3rd - 6th houses.

Attachments

• jup return transits and progressions 70.GIF
    jup return transits and progressions 70.GIF
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

lillyjgc

lamatrash,
Thankyou for sharing this....If I look first at YOUR chart the event is described there.
Your fifth house that rules your children has venus ruling the cusp (Libra).
Neptune is in that house. The ruler of that house is in the OPPOSITE house, H11 (organizations, agencies) and opposing neptune- this alone can indicate the loss of a child.

Venus and neptune are both linked to jupiter on the h7 cusp- other people...Neptune sextiles jupiter there and venus trines jupiter there...this suggests a legal *transaction* which adoption is.The ruler of your fifth is conjoined with mercury in your 11th so a *couple* is involved in the loss of your child.
But to be totally honest with you I very much doubt that I'd have seen this unless I had been given the background.The sun opposite neptune can indicate a physical loss and in these houses, of a child.

Now to your childs chart.
Jennifer.
Her mother is ruled by the moon, cancer being on the cusp of the 10th.
The moon, in venus sign is in the 7th -other people...(so other person is her mother) the moon and sun are are sextile suggesting this brings nourishment to her.Her moon is opposite uranus in her first, again suggesting the loss of her mother.

The father is ruled by saturn, capricorn being on the h4 cusp. Saturn is in her tenth, in cancer, the sign and house of the mother- so acting similarly to the mother and saturn is also square uranus in her first. This expresses the loss of both her parents.
Like you she has jupiter in her seventh house of other people. Her good fortune is dependent on others, as was yours.However, HER jupiter is also opposite her uranus...so she may at some point strongly rebel against those who have helped her.
Her jupiter , chiron, mars and moon are all in her seventh house of other people, and all trine to venus which rules her ascendant. This suggests to me she has received a lot of love and that the 11th house or organisations has helped her a lot.I notice her node is square her venus so perhaps there are karmic factors at work here.
I also notice that jennifers own h5 of children is ruled by saturn and saturn is detrimented in cancer with no good aspects so perhaps she will not have children of her own.
Thankyou for sharing these charts.
kind regards, lillyjgc

Last edited:

lillyjgc

lama, yes I've read that having neptune badly aspected there is an indication of this.
its easier to see these chart connections *in hindsight*....have you experienced an astrologer being able to identify these important events in your life? With Neptune in your fifth though you might express your creativity in a different way.Also, do you dream of your child? or children? Just curious here because neptune also rules our unconscious state...
lillyjgc

waterlilly

iamatrash thank you.
Can i ask a question. Are you hoping to meet her in the future.

I just felt the tuggs to my heart, as you were relaying your story.

lamatrash

Thank you both. Lilly, I have never had anyone interpret my chart. I am somewhat new to astrology and perhaps it is my Neptune that makes it so confusing to me...with it being the focal point of a double kite config., So much going on! Neptune is a mystery to me. I do have very vivd dreams, but not so much about children...Waterlily, I would LOVE to meet her someday. I would have thought it would have happened by now, she is, after all, 32 yo now. I am registered on all of the adoption reunion registries, so who knows...maybe she'll still show up one day.
This thread fascinates me because I have often wondered about the charts of those of us involved in such triads.
lamatrash

ethertwist

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm fascinated by this subject. Not to divulge too much information, but I was adopted at birth and it was an open adoption, so I've been in contact with my birth mother since I was young. I'm very lucky in that respect and even luckier that I have her birth information and was able to compare our charts. From reading some of the various threads/posts on this forum and viewing the various chart attachments therein, I've noticed quite a few that have Moon opposite Uranus. I have it in very wide orb, but in my 4th/10th house axis and my bio mother has an exact opposition between the Moon and Uranus in her 5th/11th house axis. It makes sense that a common parallel among charts of the adopted and those that give a child up for adoption would be a Moon-Uranus contact in their chart, especially the opposition, because that would seem to exemply some sort of sudden severing or disconnection from the maternal figure/role or unusual circumstances surrounding the birth(?).

Our charts:
Mine, hers

Attachments

• mechart2.jpg
    mechart2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • biomomchart.jpg
    biomomchart.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Munch

Indeed this IS fascinating. I've often wondered what the indicators were.

I am adopted by my Mom who is a Cancer and thus rules my 10th house. My biological mother abandoned both my brother and me to my dad when I was about months.

What interesting to me is that this kind of makes sense with my moon/venus/neptune stellium in Sagittarius. Speaks to an independent mother who just couldn't hack being a mom. Lots of illusion and feelings of being stifled I would guess. Also my father was a fairly difficult person when I was growing up as indicated by my Saturn/Sun-Mercury square from the ASC to my IC.

I honestly have no desire to meet my mother. My curiosity stops as wondering what she looks/looked like. My MOM is amazing though we didnt always see eye to eye growing up. Couldnt ask for better!