Emergence of a new astrology?

Elianah

I am currently rereading Steven Johnson's book Emergence. Now I confess I have a great interest in Compexity theory (which emergence theory is a part), quantum mechanics, astrophysics, and superstring/M theory as well as spirituality and metaphysics. As I was contemplating how cities emerged from rural societies, it struck me that as we move into the Aquarian Age, we may see new forms of astrology bloom forth.

This is not saying that the current form of astrology will die, for there will always be people who will cling to the old ways beyond the point of serving anyone. Yet there is new life approaching and astrology will need to reflect this.

For instance, perhaps as we move beyond our own solar system into the region of the three centaur stars (Proxima Centauri and the Alpha Centauri binary system), we would see different constellations because the solar system would become part of a constellation itself. The pictures in the sky would have to change because we are looking at the stars from a different vantage point. We might need to reimagine what the reference points were because we would no longer be under the on-going influence of Sol's planetary legion. If we were born on Earth, of course the natal horoscope would remain the same but the transits would become moot whereas what is happening in the Centauri neighborhood would increasingly become relevant energy influences on the chart.

Of course, one cannot say what lies around the Centauri neighborhood because of its distance and we do not know how the human race that would journey to Centauri would transform and transmute through that voyage. So let's step back into our own system for a moment and imagine living in a colony on Europa. The Sun is almost a star and Jupiter is in a similar relationship to Europa as the Sun is to the Earth. It is the energy force of the Jovian system, sending off different radiation than the solar radiation Earthlings are accustomed to, but still having its effects just the same.

As humans lose contact with the old Earth-based mythologies, the pictures in their sky on Europa will change. They will have a different astrology than Earth-based astrology because their home world will have different "planets" circling their "star". Yes, they will still know that Jupiter orbits the Sun, it will be part of their mythology. But their "planet" will orbit Jupiter, just as the other "planets" in the Jovian system orbit Jupiter. These will be the "planets" that have most affect on them personally whereas the planets nearest the Sun will be like Pluto is for the Earth, far and distant, remote and, for some, very scary.

Neither geocentric or heliocentric astrology will work for Europans because it does not help explain their world-reality. They will need a different type of astrology, one that is portable and not dependent on one world's view of space.

Perhaps it is time to move toward a local group type of astrology. It will emerge organically from today's myriad expressions of Earth-based astrology and move beyond them. The local group refers galaxies in the Virgo Supercluster in which the Milky Way belongs. Now some would point out that the problem with using the local group is that there are 43 agreed upon galaxies within the local group and an additional six more that might make it into local group status. 49 galaxies seem to either be overkill or information overload.

I would argue, however, that perhaps with the energy shifts into new consciousness that humanity is making, this is not that astronomical. Right now it might seem beyond the point of comprehension (isn't it hard enough to get the mind around the current system?), yet as we emerge into the new dimensional consciousness, we will be able to handle the energy of 49 galaxies in our astrological thinking.

Of course, this will mean a whole new geometry of astrology. The shape of the chart may change because there will be multiple planes for the galaxies to be on in relationship to one another. A whole new look for a whole new range of energies.

This type of astrology will probably take a few generations to develop. It will not be like any other astrology humanity has had. It will not be "landlocked," so to speak, but totally portable within the Milky Way. Once humans move out of the Milky Way, the system will emerge anew and reflect the sensibilities of those people.

Today we have the chance to start laying the groundwork. Are we ready?

A

Anonymous

Wonderful article.

We will be meeting the challenges of forming new theories and ideas about our consciouness and how our new world affects our cosmic thought, and how our new concepts affect our world.

The challenges are great, and wonderful to behold. I look foreward to this incredible time.......!!!!!

Summery Joy

Elianah said:
Today we have the chance to start laying the groundwork. Are we ready?

I am not going to pretend that I fully understood everything that you've said ( :oops: ), but my answer is why not? Granted we're not going to move out of the Milky Way any time soon and any theories we'd start about the Portable Astrology (I like the term :D) will be merely the result of thinking about it. I realize how limited that it, but this is how almost everything started. Even Psychology started that way. Most of the theories and schools of human behaviour were begun by simply thinking about them. While each school or theory separately was very limited to the thinker's own experience (yes, Frued was subconsiously telling us about his own experince), the collective work of those who begun laid a great groundwork for the Psychologists who adopted scientfic methods in studying human behaviour. And this is what you're interested in for now, a groundwork, right? :) And it will be more than than that even. Today, both objective experiments and subjective conteplating form important methods in the study of Psychology. Who knows what we could come up with here will mean in the future. The possibilities are endless.

By the way, I've always wondered what astrology would be like for someone who doesn't live on Earth. It's seems that the Aquarian Age is approaching and in a few generations there may be people living on Mars or Venus, or even born there. Surely, the planet on which they live will be the center of the study of horoscopes. What would Earth mean in charts then? And to which planet will the energy of the newly inhabited planet be assigned? I have so many questions about this and I haven't even left the Milky Way :)

Elianah

Sore said:
Granted we're not going to move out of the Milky Way any time soon and any theories we'd start about the Portable Astrology (I like the term ) will be merely the result of thinking about it.

Very true, we have barely left our own solar system via the Voyager spacecrafts mechanically and physically we haven't really left the confines of the Earth-Moon orbit. It will be many eons before we physically leave our part of the spiral arm in which our solar system exists to go into the main disk of the Milky Way.

However, consciously we do not need to be limited by such factors. That is part of what the Age of Aquarius will most likely teach us. It also means moving into new realms of thinking about metaphysics, which astrology is a part.

That is why thinking about a portable astrology and laying its groundwork is so incredibly important at this time. The Age of Aquarius asks us to move into wider horizons with the way we construct our astrological images so no matter where we travel, we will be able to carry the truly incredible mythology and psychology of humankind in a form that can be understood no matter the location of the person using it.

And yes, a groundwork is what I am interested in right now. It may take many generations for portable astrology to be fleshed out. Yet to lay the underlying frame is important for one can't build a house without a foundation. :D

pwadm

Staff member
We could go in spirit wherever we might want even now. There's no need to physically leave the Earth in a spacecraft to experience our galaxy. Or is it?

Personally while I cheer scientific advancements, I don't agree with its lack of spiritual insight - except for some very few selected fields of science, such as quantum mechanics and some others. Antonio Gala, Spanish writer said: La ciencia añade dias a la vida humana, pero no añade anos a tales dias. - The science adds days to human life, but doesn't add life to those days.

A

Anonymous

Radu,

I totally agree that some of humankind can go wherever we want on a conscious/spiritual level now. That makes a portable astrology even more important.

But there are humans who will always want to take their physical forms with them because that is how they identify themselves as humans. They need the density of physical matter to show them they are different/better from other species. For these people it will be many generations before they physically leave the solar system. And space flight may be the only way they will ever be able to fathom leaving the solar system because out-of-body experiences frighten them too much.

My 2¢ worth, as usual..

Lapis

But there are humans who will always want to take their physical forms with them because that is how they identify themselves as humans. They need the density of physical matter to show them they are different/better from other species. For these people it will be many generations before they physically leave the solar system. And space flight may be the only way they will ever be able to fathom leaving the solar system because out-of-body experiences frighten them too much.

My 2¢ worth, as usual..[/quote]
VERY true words guest/Elianah! And it is because of what you've so correctly said about a huge chunk of humanity (I'm being polite here) and it's lower qualities, that it will not spread out much farther into even this solar system. Why do you think the 'controllers' of Earth are freaking out now??? You've spoken about this already. As long as one only believes, see's, feels themselves to be a physical human creature only.......they aren't going to experience or even be able to perceive anything beyond that reality.

There are spiritual laws for lack of a better term, that simply don't allow the energetically uninitiated to enter into places where they don't belong yet. This protects All. The hierarchical 'rules and laws' we seen played out on Earth are destorted examples of Divine/Cosmic laws. Lower energies and consciousness can not exist in most of the higher energy/consciousness states without being seriously damaged or totally destroyed physically. Earth and humanity is right now living through a huge example of this very thing as we speed towards 2012.

I've said elsewhere here that I personally believe that different "probable realities", to use a Seth term, will be birthed out of the 2012 'end time' cycles. A (or many!) physical 3D planet/planets will always be available for all who require one to continue learning the things we all learn on them. Other places/realities/dimensions/levels will ALSO be available to all the other's who require something else however. Multidimensional Realities for Multidimensional Beings.

3D physical reality/Earth/polarity (duality) etc. etc. is a very important place or school to learn specific things. The point of which is that we are far more than just physical/linear/human/3D/polarities etc. and that we really are multidimensional Beings experimenting in numerous locations/dimensions/realities both in and out of 'time'.

In many of the things you've talked about here, you keep projecting linear thinking, linear consciousness, linear physical only existence and reality far out into both physical space and time. You talk about spiritual things and evolutions but mainly from a linear physical only standpoint. From what I believe, remember, and have personally experienced, this is not how 'it' works.

We involute out of multidimensional Source energy and Beingness into numerous different states, levels, realities, dimensions, only to finally get whatever it all was we came after :wink: , to then turn around and evolve back up and out of this lower energetic and consciousness state with our invaluable, very hard earned booty! And on it goes.....

These different perceptions and discussions all of us here are having, are very timely with what all the transits and energies etc. are doing today, tomorrow, and each day up to 2012!

Elianah

Lapis said

In many of the things you've talked about here, you keep projecting linear thinking, linear consciousness, linear physical only existence and reality far out into both physical space and time. You talk about spiritual things and evolutions but mainly from a linear physical only standpoint. From what I believe, remember, and have personally experienced, this is not how 'it' works.

Yes, the multidimensional multiverse does not work in a linear fashion. The Past and Future are part of the present. All dimensions are present and accounted for on this 3-D planet we have chosen to incarnate on at this time in the history of humanity and Earth. Various other universes also meet here. That's a fact of life, whether one willingly (or is able to) recognizes it or not.

I explain in linear fashion because that is how the greater majority of persons on this site probably understand and interpret their world. As a teacher/guide in other circumstances (I do not nor ever have claim[ed] I am either a spiritual or astrology teacher/guide), I have learned that speaking plainly and honestly in the language and mind constructs of those who you are working with. Most people are the most comfortable with the linear constructs, so I start at that point. That way more of the message is retained and worked with within the presentational self and the core being of each person to evolve that full person at a rate that is suitable for that person. If a teacher/guide sends the student into total information overload, and the student crashes and burns, the teacher/guide has not done effective education. The teacher/guide starts at a point where the many can access and those not interested beyond a certain point will weed themselves out. The teacher/guide works with language and mind constructs as presented and gently stretches them out to incorporate more growth, more learning and more evolution.

Remember, everyone who has taken on human form at this moment lives on a 3-D world which primarily sees a single universe and the teacher/guides agreed to teach through the parameters of it. One starts at that point, no matter how much one would love to leave it behind. This is the challenge of those teachers/guides who have incarnated at this time, no matter how unevolved it may seem to the teacher/guide.

My 2¢ worth, as usual. TAKE WHAT FITS AND DITCH THE REST!!!

Elianah

The post dated 12-30-2005 under the name of "Guest" was written by me, having not logged in from an automated reply I received in my e-mail. I have turned off this feature so I should no longer be posting without logging in.

I apologize for any confusion this has caused anyone.

Elianah

Laura Elizabeth

So let's step back into our own system for a moment and imagine living in a colony on Europa. The Sun is almost a star and Jupiter is in a similar relationship to Europa as the Sun is to the Earth. It is the energy force of the Jovian system, sending off different radiation than the solar radiation Earthlings are accustomed to, but still having its effects just the same.

I've often thought about how astrology would change when we colonize Mars. I think that will happen before we emigrate to the Moons of Jupiter. It will be the first step in creating a portable Astrology.

Living on Mars will not greatly change our perspective or astrology as living on one of Jupiter's Moons will, but we will have to incorporate Earth as a part of the chart, instead of Mars. It will be one of the baby steps all evolving beings need to take - like figuring out how to turn over before crawling; mastering crawling before walking, etc.